Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Well poo poo, I could have been listening to the station again for the last year and a half since I work from home now. :smithicide:

Prepare to have your playlist shitted up! .... even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Welcome back Doc!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Chris Knight posted:

Welcome back Doc!

:wotwot:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Was just about to bump the thread by virtue of the fact that Scuttle saved Waffleimages, so congrats to him

Anyway, thank you all for doing gbs-fm, because it's the only internet radio station I know of that runs on pure chaos (and bees)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
More chaos = better than.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The chaos is part of the draw imo. Where else can you get introduced to something super weird/obscure that it turns out you dig because some other weirdo added it?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Doctor Zero posted:

Well poo poo, I could have been listening to the station again for the last year and a half since I work from home now. :smithicide:

Prepare to have your playlist shitted up! .... even more!

You can't poo poo it up any more than the rest of us do.

Ooor can you...?

Haifisch posted:

The chaos is part of the draw imo. Where else can you get introduced to something super weird/obscure that it turns out you dig because some other weirdo added it?

100%. I can't even count the number of great (or awful) dongs and artists I've discovered from listening to the station.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Serious answer: god drat Spotify lmao.

I never would've heard this on GBS-FM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lnSi7QWY8

(OK it's not technically obscure but it kind of is obscure.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyway, what's the "farts" column for/do?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I never would've heard this on GBS-FM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lnSi7QWY8

(OK it's not technically obscure but it kind of is obscure.)
You just need to slow it down 50% and nihiliste will add it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

You can't poo poo it up any more than the rest of us do.

Ooor can you...?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

sweet

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
I hadn't logged in since late 2014 and could've sworn that I visited the site last week and it was down.

I checked a few days ago and was surprised to see it still exists!

It had been so long I forgot my password and after I got in I added a bunch of missing songs. :haw:

I'm gonna add a lot more later.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I hadn't logged in since late 2014 and could've sworn that I visited the site last week and it was down.

It had been so long I forgot my password and after I got in I added a bunch of missing songs. :haw:

I saw the "YourHeadaSplode414" user name on the dong list some time last week and checked to see who it was since I had never seen that user name before.

Keep checking back! If the site goes down for any reason, it always comes back.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I see what you did.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

I see what you did.

If you're talking about the name change, Scuttle did it actually.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Yuu Morisawa posted:

If you're talking about the name change, Scuttle did it actually.

Gotcha. I was wondering how that was done.

Regardless, it's good to have people back from "back in the day."

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

If there's an uploaded track that's over 11 minutes long because it has a secret track attached to it, am I allowed to upload a version without the secret track?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mrpwase posted:

If there's an uploaded track that's over 11 minutes long because it has a secret track attached to it, am I allowed to upload a version without the secret track?
Ideally you upload both halves and report the one that has the secret track so we can get rid of it.

Hidden bonus tracks were cool for a hot minute in like 1991 and yet bands keep doing this poo poo.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Chris Knight posted:

Ideally you upload both halves and report the one that has the secret track so we can get rid of it.

Hidden bonus tracks were cool for a hot minute in like 1991 and yet bands keep doing this poo poo.

The real hot poo poo was hiding tracks in the pregap at the beginning of a CD and you had to reverse through to listen to them.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
At least that's actually hidden and not "we'll give you a good scare two minutes after you thought your album was over".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The worst thing about "hidden" tracks is that they're random. I have an Aavikko CD that had three more tracks if I played it in my car (a Panasonic CD player) than when I played it at home (Sony CD player).

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anyway, what's the "farts" column for/do?

Depending on what rating a track has, you get a _hilarious_ emoticon in the Farts-column.

"Farts" was supposed to something temporary while I tested it...haven't bothered to change it...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scuttle_SE posted:

Depending on what rating a track has, you get a _hilarious_ emoticon in the Farts-column.

"Farts" was supposed to something temporary while I tested it...haven't bothered to change it...

Fartens tjusning

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Scuttle_SE posted:

:laffo: I never noticed it said "farts" at the top

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Chris Knight posted:

Bloom by Beach House has around 7 min of silence between the "last song" and the hidden track at the end. :stonk:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Garbage's first album has a weird one where there's a bit between two tracks, so you get it as an intro if you listen from the end of the previous track, but not if you skip directly to the following track. On the display, it shows up as negative time.

When I got my first CD burner, I ripped it and edited the cue sheet so it wouldn't do that, because it hosed up on some CD players. Did the same with anything that had a lengthy pause before the bonus track. Didn't like having to hold down the fast forward button.

Just pulled up the remaster on Spotify, and they've tacked it onto the end of track 4, with just a little bit of the static at the start of track 5.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Full house! i haven't seen this in quite a while.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

GBS-FM will return once Scuttle replaces some blown fuses!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
We're back, don't panic.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:patriot:

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

:patriot:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice Fascist tribute.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I don't know if I've ever seen this, or if I did, it's been a long time.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

there is a rampant prevoter on gbs-fm

not that I really care, because :shrug: prevotes on our dead gay comedy forum's deader gayer radio station aren't anything noteworthy, but that's just what we're dealing with lmao

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm 99% sure I know who the prevoter is but I also don't care enough to call them out or attempt to make them stop. :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Voter suppression is very shitlib.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
All votes are good.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

All votes are good.

But some votes are gooder than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Radio PhoolCat posted:

But some votes are gooder than others.

Well, obviously prevotes are better than slow-rear end postvotes.