Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TLC Results:
  • Becky Lynch (C) faced Charlotte Flair and Asuka in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders and Chairs match in the main event of the evening, losing her Smackdown Women's Championship to Asuka in an absolutely incredible match. Ronda Rousey tipped a ladder with both Becky and Charlotte on it, giving Asuka the opening she needed to grab the belt.
  • Seth Rollins (C) was defeated by Dean Ambrose, losing his Intercontinental Championship.
  • Daniel Bryan (C) defeated AJ Styles to retain his WWE Championship.
  • Ronda Rousey (C) defeated Nia Jax to retain her Raw Women's Championship.
  • Rey Mysterio defeated Randy Orton in a Chairs Match.
  • Finn Balor defeated Drew McIntyre, marginally aided by Dolph Ziggler who ran out and sneak attacked Drew who then kicked Dolph's drat head off.
  • Natalya defeated Ruby Riott in a Tables Match.
  • BRAUN! defeated Baron Corbin to guarantee his Royal Rumble title shot against Brock Lesnar, with Corbin being stripped of all his Authority as a result. BRAUN! was aided by Roode and Gable, Apollo Crews, Finn Balor and referee Heath Slater.
  • The Bar (C) retained their Smackdown Tag Team Titles against The New Day and The Usos.
  • R-Truth and Carmella defeated Alicia Fox and Jinder Mahal to win the final of the Mixed Match Challenge, with Truth and Carmella winning the #30 spot in their respective Royal Rumbles.
  • Elias defeated Bobbly Lashley in a Ladder Match with a Guitar hanging over the ring on the Pre-Show.
  • Buddy Murphy (C) defeated Cedric Alexander to retain his Cruiserweight Championship on the Pre-Show.

Raw Results:
  • Christmas Presents were on the Entrance Stage. Vince McMahon came out to a big ovation and scattered booing (that got louder when Vince told people not to boo). Vince brought out HHH, Stephanie and Shane and all of them spoke about taking control of Raw and Smackdown back and giving true authority to the fans, as well as showcasing new wrestlers and matchups.
  • Baron Corbin came out and got heavily booed. He tried to make a case for staying as GM, but instead they gave him the "opportunity", if he could beat Kurt Angle in a match he could be become permanent Raw GM.
  • Stephanie announced Heath Slater would be the referee, but after going to break, the show came back to HHH announcing this was a handicap match. Bobby Roode, Chad Gable and Apollo came out and put a beating on Corbin, and then Shane announced the match was ALSO No Disqualification. Everybody took turns beating on the whipping boy with chairs, then Kurt hit the Angle Slam on Corbin and pinned him before they put Corbin through a table with another Angle Slam.
  • A clip was shown of John Cena accepting the Muhammad Ali Legacy Award from Sports Illustrated.
  • Finn Balor defeated Dolph Ziggler by DQ after initially beating up Drew McIntyre when he showed up to ringside. Drew got back in and attacked Finn as he was preparing to beat Ziggler, then tossed Balor from the ring and beat up Ziggler some more.
  • Dean Ambrose came to the ring with his gas-masked goons and mocked Seth Rollins and the fans, saying he'd told them what would happen and everything had come true. Renee talked about how good Dean looked with the belt but wouldn't give Corey Graves any details on their "celebration" last night.
  • The Cameo posted:

“I saw a sign the other day that said ‘honk if you wanna gently caress Dean Ambrose’, and, Corey, I gotta tell ya, I just leaned on the horn”
  • Dean offered Seth the chance to come out and face him in a non-title match, but there was no reply. So he offered anybody NOT named Seth Rollins a title match, and Tyler Breeze immediately accepted.
  • Dean defeated Tyler to retain his Intercontinental Title, though Tyler did get a bit of a comeback and a mild chant. Postmatch, Seth's music hit and three of the goons went to block him off only for the fourth to be revealed to be Seth himself, who attacked Dean. Dean escaped when the other three goons rushed back and Seth got distracted beating them up.
  • Shane met with AOP backstage, with Maverick trying to get them a title rematch against Roode and Gable. Shane said an automatic rematch was antiquated, and instead booked AOP vs. The B team vs. The Revival vs. The Lucha House Party, with the winner getting a title shot.
  • Incoming wrestlers from NXT are Heavy Machinery, Lacey Evans, EC3, Nikki Cross (yay) and white supremacist Lars Sullivan.
  • Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley were in the ring and Lashley did his poses (a grumpy Renee grunted "we get it, you've got great glutes". Elias showed up and smashed Lashley with a guitar
  • A hype video for a soon-to-return Sami Zayn aired, still making him out to be a heel though the crowd cheered to see him.
  • The Revival defeated AOP, Lucha House Party and The B-Team to earn a Tag Team Title shot.
  • Seth Rollins was giving an interview backstage when Baron Corbin showed up to complain that it was Seth's fault that the McMahons were back in charge (:confused:) and then mocked him for losing the IC Title. Seth punched Corbin in the face.
  • They replayed the opening of the show with the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge of Raw and Smackdown are all this time, with Michael Cole calling it an iconic moment (not IIconic)
  • Ronda Rousey came out to a big pop and said she wasn't here to explain what she did last night, but to show why she is the Champion. She issued an open challenge to ANYBODY who wanted to fight.
  • Backstage, the Raw Women's roster were brawling and shouting at each other to get the shot. Stephanie McMahon shut them up, as FINALLY Stephanie McMahon got to take charge of the women's division. She brought out the women (something like 12+) and said she was done picking favorites... so she was picking 8 of them to have a gauntlet match for a shot at Ronda.
  • Bayley, despite selling a knee injury, defeated Alicia Fox in the first stage of the Gauntlet match. She was also able to defeat Dana Brooke despite the knee apparently getting worse. She put up a great fight against Mickie James but eventually was pinned by her.
  • Ember Moon defeated Mickie James but was pinned herself by Nattie. Ruby Riott came out next but Nattie was eventually able to beat her too. Sasha was the last entrant and they went at it for a surprising length of time before Nattie was finally able to put Sasha into the Sharpshooter and submit her.
  • Ronda Rousey came down to the ring as Nattie celebrated and lifted her arm and then hugged her. Ronda then eyed up the title and then offered her hand for Nattie to shake. After some hesitation, Nattie shook her hand and hugged her again before the two left the ring together.
  • Next week (which will be a taped show) will feature a Triple Threat between Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre, plus Elias and Bobby Lashley in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight; a Paul Heyman "Celebrates the Holidays" segent; and Seth Rollins faces Baron Corbin in a match.
  • Nattie and Ronda's title match will be next week as well. The show ended with a relieved and happy Nattie on the entrance ramp drinking in the moment.

Smackdown Results:
  • Shane opened the show addressing the Smackdown roster backstage, talking about the new era for WWE (this time, the McMahons are in charge!) and called up Paige to thank her for her work, saying she wasn't going anywhere but the role of GM had now been changed.
  • Becky came out to the ring, said she wasn't interested in being in the back listening to some corporate speech, she was out here to call out Ronda Rousey for not having the guts to fight her like Becky did to her before Survivor Series. Charlotte came out to claim that Ronda screwed her too but worse, because SHE was the one who was going to get the title when she and Becky got pushed off by Ronda.
  • Asuka came out and made a very succint point,"FORGET RONDA! ASUKA IS THE CHAMPION NOW!" :hellyeah:
  • Becky and Charlotte angrily proclaimed that Asuka never beat either of them, then Vince McMahon's music played and he came strutting out. He said complaining meant nothing, if they had a problem with Ronda they should deal with her personally. He congratulated Asuka on her win and asked if she wanted to defend her title tonight.
  • Naomi came out and said Charlotte had her opportunities, Becky WAS the Man but had lost the title, and now she wanted her shot against a game Asuka.
  • Despite Naomi putting up a good effort, she was NOT ready for Asuka and was submitted. Charlotte and Ronda watched from ringside and Asuka taunted them at points in the match and posed with the belt afterwards as they glowered at her.
  • The Miz wanted to speak with Shane backstage but got Vince instead, and asked for Vince's blessing for he and Shane to be a tag-team. Vince says he has never blessed anybody in his life, but will give Miz an opportunity: if he can beat a tag team of Vince's choice with a tag-partner of Vince's choice, then <something something>.
  • Rusev was interviewed backstage with Lana, and asked about Shinsuke Nakamura. Rusev talked about how handsome and strong he is, claimed Shinsuke looks like Sonic the Hedgehog, and that he will get his hands on Nakamura and take his US Title from him.
  • Samoa Joe had promised to apologize to Jeff Hardy, who came out to the ring to hear it. Joe showed up and explained he had lied, because this was actually an intervention. Jeff turned it around on Joe, asking why he was so angry all the time, was it because he'd been in WWE for 2 years and only had one title to show for it? Joe tried to jump Jeff who got the better of him and walked away as Joe fumed in the ring.
  • Miz's mystery tag partner ended up being Mandy Rose (Vince McMahon chose a hot blond!?!) and his mystery opponents were R-Truth and Carmella. Miz pinned R-Truth after Mandy Rose tried to jump Maryse and got superkicked out of the ring by Carmella who followed her out, and Miz hit the skull-crushing finale.
  • Mustafa Ali is now an active fulltime member of the Smackdown roster.
  • White Supremacist Lars Sullivan is also coming up to the main roster, but it is still unclear if it will be Raw or Smackdown.
  • Another series of video packages aired for the NXT callups Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery, ECIII and, most importantly of all, Nikki Cross.
  • The Usos came out to talk about not being the ones getting pinned at TLC. The Good Brothers came out to complain they were sick of New Day, The Bar and The Usos getting all the TV time, as they hadn't appeared on any televised show since August (they did appear very briefly in a backstage segment before Survivor Series). They were going to wipe the slate clean and start over right now. The Usos told them to step up or get stepped on, because they weren't backing down.
  • The Good Brothers and The Usos were having a really good match that got a lot of time before being cut off by the arrival of tag champs The Bar. Before they could do anything, Sanity appeared and attacked both the Usos and the Good Brothers then stalked out, laughing at The Bar that they beat them to it. The Bar stepped into the ring and attacked the Good Brothers and Usos as well.
  • Nakamura showed a video of silly things that Rusev has done on Total Divas, saying that this was not a man he should be scared of, Rusev was nothing more than a "Total Diva".
  • Next week, Shane McMahon will be the guest on MizTV; Rusev faces Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States Championship; and Jeff Hardy faces Samoa Joe. Smackdown next week is on Christmas Night so literally not a single person on the planet is going to watch it.
  • Daniel Bryan did an absolutely incredible in-ring promo ripping on Fresno as polluters and idiots who are too stupid to self-educate, and criticized them for not accepting him as their role model.
  • AJ Styles and Mustafa Ali defeated Daniel Bryan and Andrade "Cien" Almas in the main event, which was a cool match and MUSTAFA ALI PINNED WWE CHAMPION DANIEL BRYAN TO WIN THE MATCH! The match ended when AJ hit the Phenomenal Forearm on Andrade before he could prevent Ali hitting the Inverted 450 on Bryan and getting the pin. One hell of a win for Ali.
  • Smackdown was really loving good this week.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol their solution was "make the on-screen roster more crowded"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Raw was ok i guess if they are going to make an actual change to how they do things its gonna take a few weeks/months but whatever bringing up 6 people because why not seems pointless given how many others have come up to do nothing.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Did we hit bottom yet?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
By the way, everything bad happening on RAW from this point forward I am blaming on PSP, since we are the authority figures now.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I guess that was better than the past few weeks? But it was still basically unwatchable. There is not a single exciting program happening right now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey now, buck up everyone! We are getting Nattie vs Ronda next week for the title...and no one gives a poo poo. :geno:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh boy i can't wait for more mcmahon bullshit on smackdown for no reason

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I shall be an optimistic sort.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh boy i can't wait for more mcmahon bullshit on smackdown for no reason

I hope Triple H oversees Asuka's coronation segment tomorrow. :3:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Remember when you thought you were just getting one alt-right callup? The new McMahon family gives you more of what you want, Lacey Evans and Lars Sullivan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember when you thought you were just getting one alt-right callup? The new McMahon family gives you more of what you want, Lacey Evans and Lars Sullivan.

Since Alexa Bliss is dead now, they are going to push Lacey Evans in her place.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They are currently taping next week's Raw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

You forgot EC3.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rovert posted:

They are currently taping next week's Raw.

what did sacramento do to deserve this fate

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

That RAW changed everything.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm gonna laugh if Sacramento gets to see Bobby Lashley show off his glutes twice in one evening.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

You forgot EC3.

Did he also get called up? He's going to push that needle.

Also they want ratings to go up.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what did sacramento do to deserve this fate

It's Sacramento

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

modesto is far more deserving of six hours of raw than sacramento is. and wwe could actually probably fill the gallo center

maybe

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Wait they’re calling up Dream????

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I cannot imagine how hard they are going to push Lacey.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

this needed more love

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey now, buck up everyone! We are getting Nattie vs Ronda next week for the title...and no one gives a poo poo. :geno:

I give a poo poo

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
All this blabber about Sacramento reminded me of this from long time ago:

The Rock Concert in Sacramento

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h3cFnTcJgg

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Hah so Stephanie did accidentally say Ronda would take on the gauntlet winner tonight and the Cole had to cover it at the end and say next week to cover for the taping.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's possible people were just joking about that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

One of the things Triple H, Vince, Shane, and Stephanie said was that they would listen to fans and that the fans were the new authority. Literally about 4 minutes later, Triple H said out loud on the microphone that maybe the fans were wrong.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

We are going to do new match-ups... immediately re-books a match from last night.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ijii posted:

All this blabber about Sacramento reminded me of this from long time ago:

The Rock Concert in Sacramento

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h3cFnTcJgg

I think of this every time WWE is there. Peak Rock.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Which brand is Dream going to? I wanna watch and be forever sad about his fate.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
There's a book I had to read in middle school, I forget its name, but one of the main subplots was the male main character accidentally caused one of the secondary characters to suffer severe leg injuries, and since it was like in 1880 or something medicine ain't that good, so one of his legs heals wrong and ends up shorter than the other, and the town tries to compensate for this by giving him a special boot and crutches. Near the end, an actual doctor shows up and basically says "I could maybe fix this, but I'd have to operate and break the bone again so it would heal properly." Which of course works in the end.

Until Vince dies, I'm afraid that anything WWE does is just going to be new versions of a boot and crutches. It doesn't affect the core issue at all, and in the end all we get are brief moments when we remember what it was like to not be crippled.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Who is being called up to which show?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I feel like heavy machinery will do well on the main roster

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dream, nooooooo :negative:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Rarity posted:

F

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Rarity posted:

He shouldn't have worn those pants :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I haven’t watched a Raw in ages but did they seriously make the show being terrible a kayfabe fact and then try to spin it so that the people writing this terrible show are now onscreen Face authority figures?

That’s incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Where are people getting the idea Dream is being called up? He wasn't part of the callup graphics or even mentioned at all.