Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

You know if we go by the maximum peak of living males in history, Vince McMahon could live another 42 years!

I look forward to Vince outliving me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

jesus WEP posted:

I am so excited to see the third hour ratings

1.0, Please let it be 1.0.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

That's 20 past the expected Weatherpocalypse, does this mean he'll be a Mad Max style warlord?

Immortan Vince: Do not, my friends, become addicted to good booking. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Seams posted:

Immortan Vince: Do not, my friends, become addicted to good booking. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

*Immortan Vince sprays weight gain shake onto Shane's face*

"Return my ratings to me, and I myself will carry you through the Hall of Fame. You shall draw eternal. Ripped, and tall."

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cool thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*Immortan Vince sprays weight gain shake onto Shane's face*

"Return my ratings to me, and I myself will carry you through the Hall of Fame. You shall draw eternal. Ripped, and tall."

Nah, Shane's way too used to Vince glaring at him and muttering,"....mediocre...."

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

"YOU SHALL RIDE INTO WRESTLEMANIA! OILED AND BRONZE!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hogan: DID YA HEAR THAT, HULKAMANIACS!?! I HAD A BROTHER, BROTHER!

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

they recorded another raw after raw? how long were those poor people stuck in the arena. are they still there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

14 hours

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Did they record main event as well?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm pissed that Heavy Machinery is going to be ruined before I even get to witness them tear down the house at a Takeover.

On the other hand, I'm glad Lacey Evans is off the only show I watch because I truly and utterly loathe every aspect of her existence.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Genericide posted:

they recorded another raw after raw? how long were those poor people stuck in the arena. are they still there.

Were there past 1AM Eastern on a weekday

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

1.0, Please let it be 1.0.

You realise that wouldn't fix anything. They'd go "women can't draw, back to bikinis and topless photo shoots, ladies".

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

You realise that wouldn't fix anything. They'd go "women can't draw, back to bikinis and topless photo shoots, ladies".

Sounds like a PR firestorm if they even hint at it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Just like the PR firestorm of proceeding with doing a show in Saudi Arabia.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
there's no reason they can't have strong empowered women in the main event who also do topless photo shoots. feminism has changed.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Just like the PR firestorm of proceeding with doing a show in Saudi Arabia.

...This world is doomed.

Karma was a lie.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 18, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What I'm really interested to find out tonight is Paige's status. I mean is she no longer needed, will she just have four McMahons leaning over her shoulder the entire time, who knows. Paige is good and I would hate to see her replaced.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope EC3 shows up on a PPV or Smackdown and Bryan calls him out for pretending to be rich and that his name is actually Derek Bateman.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm excited about Nikki Cross.
Yeah, Sanity have done such great things since leaving NXT, such as

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're going to be a bigot in wrestling at least have the courtesy to be a good wrestler imo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus WEP posted:

I am so excited to see the third hour ratings

same but second hour

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Genericide posted:

Cavauro posted:

14 hours

I thought the US Constitution prohibited cruel and unusual punishment

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

If you're going to be a bigot in wrestling at least have the courtesy to be a good wrestler imo.

Yeah, at least AJ can wrestle.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

Who cares

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

or 10pm local time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

This is a very silly/stupid thing to say about a show that was on the West Coast

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

It was kinda crazy, especially when Stephanie showed up to put all the women in their place, march them out to the entrance stage and declare EVERYBODY gets an opportunity before specifically putting only 8 of them into a match for a title opportunity.

In one of the most grossly unfair match types possible, to boot!

I'm just remembering when they tried to get American alpha over with gauntlet matches, but it instead just absolutely destroyed the division by them winning multiple.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I thought it was only Survivor Series when the people running WWE went head to head.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nikki Cross is very cool and good and i'm pretty happy that she's going to be on the main roster, now. She's a great wrestler and I love her character and her Scottish accent.

Though, my God, there's a LOT of women on the main roster, and only 2 belts. I'm thinking perhaps a women's tag team title and/or a women's IC title so the 20+ women who aren't in the big belt's scene have something to do?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

pressedbunny posted:

Successful stables leverage their shared, smaller power to give themselves a better position in the company/on the card. And crucially, they stick together. This is what the New Day does, this is what the Shield did.

Sanity agreed to be promoted without Nikki Cross and they bombed. I'm not saying that's the explicit reason they bombed, but it's a telling indicator of how willing they are to swallow creative decisions against their best interests, including the decision to "do nothing ever". They absolutely should have refused to come up separately, or dragged their heels about it. "We can be a force in Men's singles, Women's singles, and Tag Team matches at the same time" is a damned good bargaining position.

Nikki can, should, and, gently caress it, will outperform the remainder of Sanity. I'm willing to make a prop bet with someone here that she'll get more onscreen appearances than any two of the other members combined.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This is a very silly/stupid thing to say about a show that was on the West Coast

Still way past my bedtime

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Nikki can, should, and, gently caress it, will outperform the remainder of Sanity. I'm willing to make a prop bet with someone here that she'll get more onscreen appearances than any two of the other members combined.

Any number greater than 0 is indeed greater than 0

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Shame on star-studded Sanity for not using their tremendous leverage on the biggest wrestling company in the world. Eric Young would be bigger than Austin if only he'd been called up with Nikki Cross.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
gently caress it man. It's hard to even make jokes anymore. Their idea of a big shakeup was the loving McMahons again and just promising to do something different, just trust me baby it will be different this time. Like letting Finn and The Revival win for one week or calling up a bunch of other people to get lost on the roster doing nothing. Sigh. Just don't steal anyone from Smackdown, let me enjoy a few more months of Bryan and Becky before they're gone to RAW.

Also, this pains me to say because I liked him as a face, but this Dean Ambrose heel run is DOA. My god, the dumb entrance with the cosplay Paul Heyman security. And he had NOTHING to say in the promo, just resorting to the dumbest "YOU PEOPLE" stuff. I always thought Dean would have the best heel turn of The Shield when he got to turn loose, but it turns out...there's nothing there. He's the least menacing heel I've seen in recent memory. I thought he was going to be some unleashed, Randy Orton type hurting people for fun, but instead he's a coward, and worse yet, BORING.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I think it owns that they promise to make things better, have basically the same kind of show as always, and on top of it, they promise new faces and only call up people that no one could possibly care about, because heaven forbid you shake up NXT storylines by calling up an actual star.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

ThePariah posted:

Shame on star-studded Sanity for not using their tremendous leverage on the biggest wrestling company in the world. Eric Young would be bigger than Austin if only he'd been called up with Nikki Cross.

No, they had a little lever, and they still didn't use it. If the company doesn't want them as champs and mega-stars, they're not getting to that level. But they could probably get on TV more than once every other month and might not immediately look like dorks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

What I'm really interested to find out tonight is Paige's status. I mean is she no longer needed, will she just have four McMahons leaning over her shoulder the entire time, who knows. Paige is good and I would hate to see her replaced.

it would be very wwe to "fix" both shows when only one show is broken, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

No, they had a little lever,
nope