Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Kimoa Kid posted:

See, why do you do this? Why can't we have a normal conversation? You guys asked for one example of a thing that changed and I mentioned the very first change that happened on the show. It wasn't an exhaustive list and it wasn't a suggestion that it's changed the company or the business forever. Why write this shitheel response when you could just say "OK" or nothing at all?

Because i am bored at work and want to post, kimoa. It was funny to me to write that so I did. I have no posting responsibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

The Kimoa Kid posted:

See, why do you do this? Why can't we have a normal conversation? You guys asked for one example of a thing that changed and I mentioned the very first change that happened on the show. It wasn't an exhaustive list and it wasn't a suggestion that it's changed the company or the business forever. Why write this shitheel response when you could just say "OK" or nothing at all?

Because you're talking about a scripted story event, and not even an original one. They put in and take out heel GM's literally every year multiple times a year. Getting rid of the current mean GM is going to have no effect on the show one way or the other. The only way for them to objectively make the show better is to actually book proper feuds where people get over and not treat it's fans like morons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also apparently got rid of the face GM Alexa Bliss so that cancels out anyway.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope the debate moderator does not dock me points for my indecorous posts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Baron Corbin is getting less screen time.

You’re not gonna like the Raw spoilers for next week

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Aphrodite posted:

face GM Alexa Bliss

Uhhhh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am just going to leave it at this:

WWE's problem is Vince. Vince needs to delegate the production of these shows to his writers and stop interfering in that process. He needs to be a CEO and he needs to be far loving away from gorilla. That is the only way to actually change anything about the quality of the programming. And every single time they openly acknowledge that something on Raw is bad, they are tacitly acknowledging that a decision Vince made is bad. To me, that's a big deal. Last night I saw an absolutely defeated looking man come out and, in storyline terms, basically say "the show that I run is lovely." Is that actually going to result in him taking a step back? Who the fucks knows. He's stubborn as poo poo so probably not; but on the other hand, he likes money and Fox likes ratings, so maybe he's spooked. I don't know. All I know is that you are absolutely not going to get the answer to that question from one show, especially not a show in this context (i.e. post-PPV, doubling up for the holiday season, etc).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I am just going to leave

:toxx: it bitch

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Now does ANYONE have info on Dakota Kai, I never heard the results of her MRI and I am hoping beyond hope it was somehow just a severe ligament sprain.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
dakota kai has objectively changed

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I have all the dakota kai information. I just can't post it here because of mossad spies or whatever the excuse is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I am just going to leave it at this:

WWE's problem is Vince. Vince needs to delegate the production of these shows to his writers and stop interfering in that process. He needs to be a CEO and he needs to be far loving away from gorilla. That is the only way to actually change anything about the quality of the programming. And every single time they openly acknowledge that something on Raw is bad, they are tacitly acknowledging that a decision Vince made is bad. To me, that's a big deal. Last night I saw an absolutely defeated looking man come out and, in storyline terms, basically say "the show that I run is lovely." Is that actually going to result in him taking a step back? Who the fucks knows. He's stubborn as poo poo so probably not; but on the other hand, he likes money and Fox likes ratings, so maybe he's spooked. I don't know. All I know is that you are absolutely not going to get the answer to that question from one show, especially not a show in this context (i.e. post-PPV, doubling up for the holiday season, etc).

Here's the other side of it.

Vince is a carny. He lies every time words come out of his stupid loving mouth. They do this "it's a NEW ERA with NEW SUPERSTARS and it's gonna be about the WWE UNIVERSE not the authority figures!" shtick all the time, they did it when they started "The New Era" in 2016 with the brand split and both shows have gone through periods of watchable to absolute garbage with constant authority figure drama since then.

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. What you might see as concessions and admissions of guilt, everybody else sees as more lies. Until the show actually meaningfully changes in the way it's scripted and presented, people are going to keep saying "Well this is the same stupid show that I hate." Little incremental stuff means absolutely nothing.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Since we are probating people for arguing in bad faith today...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey, the 2016 "New Era" thing gave us an Apollo Crews/Sheamus PPV match! That was a thing that happened

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She stood up to unprovoked bullying by Sasha and Bayley and punished the heels who attacked them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Honestly if they put a title on Sami Zayn because NEW ERA i would probably like WWE for a long time lamo and forgive many faults

This is because I am a stupid mark who can be tricked if you do it right. Luckily they are too Saudi owned to ever do it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Sami Zayn is a hypocrite who has no problems sleeping on a bed made of blood money

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

Here's the other side of it.

Vince is a carny. He lies every time words come out of his stupid loving mouth. They do this "it's a NEW ERA with NEW SUPERSTARS and it's gonna be about the WWE UNIVERSE not the authority figures!" shtick all the time, they did it when they started "The New Era" in 2016 with the brand split and both shows have gone through periods of watchable to absolute garbage with constant authority figure drama since then.

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. What you might see as concessions and admissions of guilt, everybody else sees as more lies. Until the show actually meaningfully changes in the way it's scripted and presented, people are going to keep saying "Well this is the same stupid show that I hate." Little incremental stuff means absolutely nothing.

Everything you just said here is exactly true and exactly why expecting hard evidence of that meaningful change yesterday was absurd. I am aware of what they have done in the past, but I am not aware of another time in the past when they have had an inflated stock price balancing on massive TV deals that are dependent on them reaching ratings marks they are currently well short of, therefore I believe that a guy who is very good at making money (and who is about to spend a whole bunch of it on the XFL) might well take drastic steps to address those problems, and why he might do so in a way that makes him appear like the hero instead of the problem. Or, not. But all those hypothetical changes would take place behind the scenes and manifest themselves over several weeks/months, not three hours, even though to me the changes they made yesterday were unusual enough in their tone to suggest the potential of something more. Or, maybe not.

(I also remember Vince announcing previous new eras with bombast and aplomb, not looking like he was told he had six months to live just as his music hit.)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Here's my argument that nothing changed on Raw:

A month ago, Raw was bad

Yesterday, after the McMahon announcement, Raw was bad

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Professor Funk posted:

A month ago, Raw was bad

Raw has been bad for about 15 years at this point. Probably more honestly.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The_Rob posted:

Raw has been bad for about 15 years at this point. Probably more honestly.

Great, that strengthens my argument, danke

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Professor Funk posted:

Great, that strengthens my argument, danke

Oh yeah i agree with you. I remember stopping watching in 05 and thinking raw was trash. I'd say raw now is way worst than 05 raw ever was.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
70 new posts in the WWE thread, did something exciting or important happ... no, it's just Kimoa getting a huge fight again.

Every drat week, goddam.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cut the crap and tell me who Vince peed on last night.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
last night the mcmahons said they were going to give the fans what they want from now on so i expect tonight's smackdown to be a single uninterrupted shot of becky lynch running around backstage smacking fools around and it will immediately boost ratings.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

shiksa posted:

last night the mcmahons said they were going to give the fans what they want from now on so i expect tonight's smackdown to be a single uninterrupted shot of becky lynch running around backstage smacking fools around and it will immediately boost ratings.

I would watch that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSBRQV1T40

But Becky.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dean should have cut a promo about how his match with Seth was bad because his vaccination gave him autism.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It has never stopped being insane that the WWE keeps trying to simultaneously portray the McMahons as their offscreen and onscreen characters combined into one overlapping thing. At this point they have spent two full decades building the entire McMahon family + HHH as comically evil authority figures. Stephanie McMahon once unironically spoke from a throne on a balcony about how the entire WWE audience were servants who existed to please them. The fact that sometimes you just have to accept that they're appearing on the show as their out-of-character selves, who look and sound exactly like their in-character selves and are in cases like this directly interacting with storylines their in-character selves participated in or even caused, is loving crazy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I was thinking about when Kenny Omega finally won the title from Okada and how after it truly felt like something big had happened. Like it really felt like a changing of the guard. When is the last time you saw a title change in wwe and it felt like any kind of deal at all.

Owens beating Zayn for the NXT title.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 18, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a feud between The Man and The NEW Daniel Bryan. Book it roadd doggg

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rarity posted:

70 new posts in the WWE thread, did something exciting or important happ... no, it's just Kimoa getting a huge fight again.

Every drat week, goddam.

Kimoa AND rovert got me this week

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Trans people are people, I'm a shitposter not a shitperson

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

A month ago, Raw was bad

A month ago Raw was bad, agreed. For the last 3 weeks, Raw has been VERY bad. Last night, it was just bad. So technically speaking I guess it was an improvement?

It's still unwatchable and will be forever. The show is just too long to be watchable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, Stan from "I just kicked Stan" is Tye Dillinger?!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If you took away the ability to skip through it and added commercials, I don't think I could make it through a Raw.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Did they announce Dean and Seth are having a cage match on Raw, or is that going to be a dark match?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!
In the new, forever changed WWE, nothing is true and everything is permitted.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Kimoa Kid fools me everytime that there's big news. God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It's almost like you can't book a show entirely around an angle that isn't even really on the show at all. They would be stupid to not main event Mania with Becky/Charlotte/Ronda but it doesn't exactly work when they're not even on the same show and it's literally the only angle the audience cares about because you can't ever meaningfully do anything with it.