Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao, I just realized the only uninjured women on the entire Raw roster who played no role in that gauntlet match were Nia and Tamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Kimoa Kid fools me everytime that there's big news. God drat it.

Vince looking defeated wasn't even all that new, he looked pretty much like he did the night Linda lost her run for Senate and he realized he'd just pissed $50 million away.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We need more new threads so people can talk about the wrestling they actually like with this energy. I find it impossible to believe that you're all coming to PSP just to be mad at WWE every week. Come be excited about WrestleKingdom with me.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The last I heard, Alexa was cleared, but I think they don't want her in a basic wrestling role right now.

I think they want her to be the GM, actually. I think that's what they were setting up before that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

We need more new threads so people can talk about the wrestling they actually like with this energy. I find it impossible to believe that you're all coming to PSP just to be mad at WWE every week. Come be excited about WrestleKingdom with me.

lol if you watch wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Andrast posted:

lol if you watch wrestling

No thanks, just Sports Entertainment for me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Lmao, I just realized the only uninjured women on the entire Raw roster who played no role in that gauntlet match were Nia and Tamina.
if they had been in the match the only uninjured women on the entire Raw roster would be Ronda and Nia

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is there a thread about watching and posting about classic wrestling from the territory days, because I'd enjoy the heck out of that. :)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

if they had been in the match the only uninjured women on the entire Raw roster would be Ronda and Nia

You don't think Nia could find a way to hurt herself?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

You don't think Nia could find a way to hurt herself?

Certainly possible but more Tamina’s specialty

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Rarity posted:

70 new posts in the WWE thread, did something exciting or important happ... no, it's just Kimoa getting a huge fight again.

Every drat week, goddam.

It's the most active RAW thread in months and all WWE had to do was claim to change something but do absolutely nothing. If it works for the ratings too, they should do it every week.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Can Sasha and Bayley be fixed?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Sure

just not with WWE booking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Angry Grimace posted:

Yes. Have them win a bunch and be good because they're good wrestlers. But, spoilers for next week, they're literally going right back into feuding with Riott Squad, so don't get your hopes up.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Angry Grimace posted:

Anyone can be fixed up to a certain level. Can they main event PPVs again? Sure. Can they ever be stars? No.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Handcuff Bayley to Paul Heyman until she learns how to talk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Handcuff Bayley to Paul Heyman until she learns how to talk

This didn't work for Cesaro

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Put someone with Heyman that can talk really well so we can get something similar to Owens/Jericho again which was the sole highlight of Raw during their run.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Bayley still has all her chompers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Revised:
"Put Heyman with [x talent] and tell him he's there to get them over, not Brock."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Is there a thread about watching and posting about classic wrestling from the territory days, because I'd enjoy the heck out of that. :)

Make it my dude, I don't know poo poo about the territory days so that'd be real cool.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I still can't believe the "shake-up" was a half-hour promo to start the show with the McMahons promising more McMahons.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

VJeff posted:

Yes. Have them win a bunch and be good because they're good wrestlers. But, spoilers for next week, they're literally going right back into feuding with Riott Squad, so don't get your hopes up.

I guess the problem I'm seeing is that while they're good wrestlers on Charlotte and Becky's level, they don't have anywhere near the charisma that any of Asuka, Ronda, Becky or Charlotte have.

Like, I'm not expecting anyone to have Becky's natural charisma (she's basically a walking avatar of charisma) but even Asuka has managed to maintain an air of being special that Sasha and Bayley have almost never had on the main roster at all. They're not gonna hit that standard and those people are basically dominating the TV programming, so I don't even know how they fit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

You can't be sure of that.

The beatdown could be permanent and Sasha and Bayley become kayfabe dead and never wrestle again.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
lol so Vince literally made Seth apologize on-air for his match getting "boring" chants? That was weird.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Saint Freak posted:

Cut the crap and tell me who Vince peed on last night.

the viewers, probably

Also how many of these loving trashbag TNA castoffs is vince going to hoover up, resulting in absorbing TNA's ratings and probably ultimately ending up on pop tv

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Minidust posted:

lol so Vince literally made Seth apologize on-air for his match getting "boring" chants? That was weird.

He came out to big cheers for his whole family, said Raw sucked, but took no blame whatsoever for it and then spent half an hour pinning everything wrong with the show on fictional character Baron Corbin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess the problem I'm seeing is that while they're good wrestlers on Charlotte and Becky's level, they don't have anywhere near the charisma that any of Asuka, Ronda, Becky or Charlotte have.

Like, I'm not expecting anyone to have Becky's natural charisma (she's basically a walking avatar of charisma) but even Asuka has managed to maintain an air of being special that Sasha and Bayley have almost never had on the main roster at all. They're not gonna hit that standard and those people are basically dominating the TV programming, so I don't even know how they fit.

I think the problem is their charisma comes from different personalities. Becky/Asuka both work great as high-intensity asskickers so it's easy to bring that back. Bayley is a loveable underdog who overcomes the odds which doesn't work if you're not even overcoming no odds and Sasha's boss persona could be their top heel if they weren't so weirdly invested in keeping her face.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

He came out to big cheers for his whole family, said Raw sucked, but took no blame whatsoever for it and then spent half an hour pinning everything wrong with the show on fictional character Baron Corbin.

These posts are so fuckin weird to me. Yes, fictional character Mr. McMahon appeared on a fictional show and blamed the struggles of said show on the fictional character who is fictionally responsible for it, Baron Corbin.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Yes, fictional character Mr. McMahon appeared on a fictional show and blamed the struggles of said show on the fictional character who is fictionally responsible for it, Baron Corbin.

It's not cut and dry tho, the lines get blurred when someone who has an actual role backstage is out in front of the camera.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wanna be excited about WrestleKingdom but as far as I can tell ps4 doesn't have an app for New Japan.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

shiksa posted:

last night the mcmahons said they were going to give the fans what they want from now on so i expect tonight's smackdown to be a single uninterrupted shot of becky lynch running around backstage smacking fools around and it will immediately boost ratings.

Interspersed with a couple of segments of Bryan tearing down merch stands while railing against consumerism and you’ve got a deal.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The Kimoa Kid posted:

These posts are so fuckin weird to me. Yes, fictional character Mr. McMahon appeared on a fictional show and blamed the struggles of said show on the fictional character who is fictionally responsible for it, Baron Corbin.

It's a dumb use of a worked-shoot, mostly.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm literally only here to be mad at WWE for firing Rhyno.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1074475596086956034

For reference, the top male and female who have worked the most matches in 2018 are Finn Balor at 162 matches, and Asuka at 137.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rarity posted:

I think the problem is their charisma comes from different personalities. Becky/Asuka both work great as high-intensity asskickers so it's easy to bring that back. Bayley is a loveable underdog who overcomes the odds which doesn't work if you're not even overcoming no odds and Sasha's boss persona could be their top heel if they weren't so weirdly invested in keeping her face.

I dunno. Becky has always been over enough that they never really buried her the way Sasha and Bayley did. I mean, they tried, but she was always over and anyone paying any attention knew giving her "coolest person in the world" as a gimmick was going to be mega-over.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not a scoopsman so I dunno if it's real or not:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incessant Excess posted:

Not a scoopsman so I dunno if it's real or not:

Heath Slater was the ref for the Angle/Corbin match so obviously it's fake

Adbot