Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I guess that was better than the past few weeks? But it was still basically unwatchable. There is not a single exciting program happening right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The very first thing they did was to get rid of and mock the universally loathed on-screen heel GM, it wasn't even subtle. They bashed you over the head with it.

they literally did that 24 hours before that too

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I was thinking about when Kenny Omega finally won the title from Okada and how after it truly felt like something big had happened. Like it really felt like a changing of the guard. When is the last time you saw a title change in wwe and it felt like any kind of deal at all.

Before Asuka at TLC? Maybe Finn/Seth at Summerslam '16, because it finally felt like something new was happening, even though the match itself wasn't incredible. Then maybe AJ/Cena at RR '17.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Here's my argument that nothing changed on Raw:

A month ago, Raw was bad

Yesterday, after the McMahon announcement, Raw was bad

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Raw has been bad for about 15 years at this point. Probably more honestly.

Great, that strengthens my argument, danke

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

rovert posted:

The babyface of Smackdown isn't great. Rusev is there obviously but he's in this limbo and perpetually trying to break the glass ceiling. But after him, you are talking like Tye Dillinger and Sin Cara. They almost had to go with Ali.

Honestly, what credible midcard/upper-midcard face is there to pair with Bryan at Mania at this point? Jeff? Rusev? Nakamura (if they turn him again)? I guess I could see them doing Mysterio/Bryan, but it doesn't feel like they have plans that big for Rey. That could be a fun match, though.

Finn/Bryan could be an incredible match. Their styles would pair up so well together.

rovert posted:

This plays into our wishful thinking but it is honestly true. And just use your eyes. But I am told Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are Mustafa Ali's biggest advocates. They pushed for him very hard. In contrast to previous times Bryan is using his power now, he knows he is in the driver's seat a lot. No one dislikes him in the locker room, guys like Randy Orton and even Undertaker respect him. He is their leader now.

Also, this owns. If someone told me 5 years ago that in 2018 AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan would be the two guys with the most pull in the locker room I would have literally collapsed laughing.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 20, 2018

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Obviously this isn't happening, but it would own, and I really want Big E to get a singles push

Edit: I'm watching Venom right now (which owns) and I'm pretty sure Eddie Brock just superman punched someone

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 20, 2018

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You sure you're watching Venom?

Yeah, it owned and I had a lot of fun watching it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Marmaduke! posted:

I actually had to Google "Royal rumble winner 2018" last night as although I knew it was Nakamura, I just couldn't trust my memory. Has there ever been such a bad year for a RR winner in the modern era?

It was a really, really good Rumble at least!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

If they do Ronda/Becky or Ronda/Becky/Charlotte in the WM main (which I hope they do), I hope they feel like they have more leeway to do unexpected men's matches. I feel like I've heard fewer rumors about part-timers coming back this year, so hopefully that means we'll have a fresher card overall (we won't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

'Hi, I'm John Cena. Known best for being John Cena."

Such a great introduction line.

I loved "this was back in a simpler time, when robots were good at math . . . and that's it."