Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
By the way, everything bad happening on RAW from this point forward I am blaming on PSP, since we are the authority figures now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey now, buck up everyone! We are getting Nattie vs Ronda next week for the title...and no one gives a poo poo. :geno:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh boy i can't wait for more mcmahon bullshit on smackdown for no reason

I hope Triple H oversees Asuka's coronation segment tomorrow. :3:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember when you thought you were just getting one alt-right callup? The new McMahon family gives you more of what you want, Lacey Evans and Lars Sullivan.

Since Alexa Bliss is dead now, they are going to push Lacey Evans in her place.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Where are people getting the idea Dream is being called up? He wasn't part of the callup graphics or even mentioned at all.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I was watching a stream and there was a video package for Dream, I assumed it was part of the TV coverage but maybe it was just the streamer getting bored during the show and streaming something else? My apologies if I've hosed up, I took it out of the OP.

Yeah, Dream is just spamming twitter demanding to be called up. There haven't been any announcements of the sort on TV though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently someone uploaded parts of last night's house show to Instagram. Asuka is already thriving as champion. She cut a promo thanking the crowd, and saying she is in "Champion Mode" right now, and could break everyone in the ring right now. Which meant Becky, Charlotte, and The Miz. The best part was she threw some fakeout punches and kicks at the Miz and he immediately cowered in the corner.

Oh yeah, and the triple threat match was said to be really good. Around 15 minutes long, and Asuka won after she made Charlotte tap out.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 18, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1074475596086956034

For reference, the top male and female who have worked the most matches in 2018 are Finn Balor at 162 matches, and Asuka at 137.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just in case you thought that Smackdown would go untouched tonight, I have some bad news. Apparently WWE is teasing the McMahons will be at Smackdown tonight to shake things up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah the biggest complaint I had was the Asuka/Naomi match. It didn't quite click, but I'm gonna wait and see how things shape up over the next few weeks before I pass judgement on Asuka's reign.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Smackdown ratings are up.

quote:

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.214 million viewers for USA Network, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. The number was up from the 1.977 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Asuka is a draw, brother. :c00lbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Or it could mean Becky loses clean but in a protected fashion (passes out in the Asuka Lock), and just enters the Rumble later on in the evening anyways. I wouldn't rule out Carmella being jumped before she comes out and Becky taking her spot.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

'Asuka getting a clean win.' Good one.

Where do you come up with this stuff man?

Considering Vince is largely behind Asuka right now, its not unrealistic.

And people seem to forget that WWE has no problem having people lose clean before getting big victories at PPVs. See Roman Reigns losing to Bobby Lashley but then winning the title at Summerslam.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also keep in mind that there are two PPVs before Wrestlemania this year (that aren't the Royal Rumble), so a single clean loss won't harm Becky. Especially if she is the winner of the Royal Rumble or the dual winner if they go that route.

Asuka needs a strong clean PPV victory to cement her championship victory from TLC.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

The tone of those reports said "Vince cannot understand how audiences still give a gently caress about Asuka but is throwing them a bone here."

Considering Asuka did an interview with Tokyo Sports a day or two after her TLC victory, I don't think that's the case. She said in her interview that the very first person to come up as soon as she walked through the curtain after her victory was Vince McMahon, who gave her a huge hug and talked about how incredibly thrilled he was by her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

So this almost guarantees Charlotte wins the Rumble, with Becky a distant second.

Ehhh not really? I could see Becky still winning the Rumble, or there being a dual winner. Also if what Dave is hinting at is true, then Charlotte likely isn't winning the Rumble either.

He's hinting at Charlotte vs Ronda at the Rumble.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 21, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I imagine the Wrestlemania card will probably look like Becky vs Ronda for the RAW Women's Championship, and Asuka vs Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Championship. Even if Becky isn't in the Rumble, there is still Elimination Chamber and Fastlane before Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

The first Women's Wrestlemania main event should be title vs title. With Ronda as Raw Champion vs Becky as Smackdown Champion.

If it is just a Raw title match. I don't resent Charlotte being in it if it was a three-way. She deserves that slot tbh.

I wonder how Ronda will handle her first loss as a character (revisit/comment on the Holly Holm thing) and what her real-life plans are (she wants to have children soon.)

I don't think WWE is going to do title vs title. Especially with FOX wanting their own set of titles and their own roster. And if I recall, they are paying way more than NBC is for broadcasting rights. So I could see Ronda losing the RAW Women's Title at Wrestlemania (to either Becky or Charlotte), and then moving over to Smackdown to feud with (probably) Asuka into Summerslam. If they are running Charlotte vs Ronda soon at the Rumble, then it makes sense.

As for Ronda's character, I could see her turning heel. Call up Shayna and the other MMA 4HW. Because otherwise things are going to get really weird if you have Shayna, Jessamyn, and Marina running around as babyfaces. It would be easier to turn Ronda heel.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Minidust posted:

I do hope the losers of the women's title matches are both in the Rumble. It's gonna be silly to have like half the Rumble be guest stars for two years straight. Just cram every active woman they can in there.

I imagine there will be. Probably a handful of NXT appearances, some legend appearances, and then the rest filled by the main roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
womp womp

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1076219918637395968

No wonder Paige was fired. A shameful GM.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 21, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Angry Grimace posted:

I assume this is basically a thing that was set up on the taped SmackDown

If it was, it wasn't shown to the audience.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of NXT, which talents do you think will be in the Rumble this year?

For the men, I have Cole (again), and maybe Dream. Maybe Riddle as well.
For the females, I have Kairi (again), Io, and Bianca.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree on the whole Becky "The Man" stuff. It's getting really old real quick. Especially now that WWE is leaning into it. It was good at first, but now it's gotten incredibly obnoxious.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think when I sit down and think about it, the issue has less to do with Becky and the gimmick and more along the lines of some of her fans thinking she shouldn't be allowed to lose in any shape or form until after Wrestlemania (assuming she faces and beats Ronda).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

That was true last year and we got Ember, Kairi and no-one else.

Wasn't Kairi only in the Rumble because Alicia Fox got injured or something?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

i think so, yes

hopefully wwe got the nostalgia out of their system with the first one, buuuuut its still wwe

Hopefully they did. Considering if you factor in Nikki and Lacey, and potentially Alexa if she's cleared in time, that would make the total number of women on the main roster alone in the Rumble around 25-26 people. You could do some cameos from NXT (UK) as a result as well. Toni Storm, Shayna Baszler, Rhea Ripley, and maybe Kairi or Io as the fourth woman. Two from NXT UK, two from NXT.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Your WreslteMania main-eventer should not be losing in any shape or form before WrestleMania, this is not that hard to grasp

We don't even know quite yet if Becky will be main eventing Wrestlemania, which is the problem. It's very likely she will be, but at the same time remember that Vince just completely tossed out the Royal Rumble card for literally no reason other than Vince being Vince. For all we know by time the Royal Rumble comes around, he could decide that he wants to run Ronda vs Charlotte, and Becky vs Nia at Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

We do.

She isn't from Nippon, Japan so you hate her we get it.

Uhhh I don't hate Becky. I am saying that Vince is a senile old man who has a long track record of changing his mind on pretty much everything. That isn't a controversial take. Nor is it controversial to say that its fine if Becky loses a match or two before Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dias posted:

What benefit would you get from giving a hot act losses if you can book around it for three months' worth of PPVs and you're not gonna do it on TV anyway?

Building up another star if you are going to another brand? Asuka needs a major win to cement her credibility as champion, since right now she is seen as a paper champion due to Ronda's interference. Right now Asuka still feels like a distant third compared to Charlotte and Becky. A decisive win over one or both of them is a good way to close that gap and won't harm Becky or Charlotte. Especially since there are still three months until Wrestlemania like everyone is saying.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 24, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dias posted:

You just demonstrated what an alternative that's not letting Asuka pin the one woman with massive momentum, despite your PERSONAL opinion on her gimmick right now, and a feud set up against another big streak badass, is.

Yeah, and I'm going to say that Asuka will probably never get an actual clean decisive win over Charlotte on TV or PPV (hell, I wouldn't be shocked if the only reason Vince let Becky go over Charlotte so much is because they are best friends in real life). God only knows how eager Vince probably is to put Charlotte back on top of the mountain at the end of all of this. That's the kicker here. Asuka pretty much needs a clean decisive win over one of those two, and it wouldn't harm Becky to lose clean once. Especially if they booked it properly. Who says she would have to tap out or eat a pinfall? Just have her pass out to the Asuka Lock or something. Especially if later on in the evening, Becky were to go on and win the Royal Rumble to challenge Ronda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dying at the fact they decided to announce the Women's Tag Titles on an edition of RAW no one is watching.