Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It's almost like you can't book a show entirely around an angle that isn't even really on the show at all. They would be stupid to not main event Mania with Becky/Charlotte/Ronda but it doesn't exactly work when they're not even on the same show and it's literally the only angle the audience cares about because you can't ever meaningfully do anything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The last I heard, Alexa was cleared, but I think they don't want her in a basic wrestling role right now.

I think they want her to be the GM, actually. I think that's what they were setting up before that.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Can Sasha and Bayley be fixed?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

VJeff posted:

Yes. Have them win a bunch and be good because they're good wrestlers. But, spoilers for next week, they're literally going right back into feuding with Riott Squad, so don't get your hopes up.

I guess the problem I'm seeing is that while they're good wrestlers on Charlotte and Becky's level, they don't have anywhere near the charisma that any of Asuka, Ronda, Becky or Charlotte have.

Like, I'm not expecting anyone to have Becky's natural charisma (she's basically a walking avatar of charisma) but even Asuka has managed to maintain an air of being special that Sasha and Bayley have almost never had on the main roster at all. They're not gonna hit that standard and those people are basically dominating the TV programming, so I don't even know how they fit.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Minidust posted:

lol so Vince literally made Seth apologize on-air for his match getting "boring" chants? That was weird.

He came out to big cheers for his whole family, said Raw sucked, but took no blame whatsoever for it and then spent half an hour pinning everything wrong with the show on fictional character Baron Corbin.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The Kimoa Kid posted:

These posts are so fuckin weird to me. Yes, fictional character Mr. McMahon appeared on a fictional show and blamed the struggles of said show on the fictional character who is fictionally responsible for it, Baron Corbin.

It's a dumb use of a worked-shoot, mostly.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rarity posted:

I think the problem is their charisma comes from different personalities. Becky/Asuka both work great as high-intensity asskickers so it's easy to bring that back. Bayley is a loveable underdog who overcomes the odds which doesn't work if you're not even overcoming no odds and Sasha's boss persona could be their top heel if they weren't so weirdly invested in keeping her face.

I dunno. Becky has always been over enough that they never really buried her the way Sasha and Bayley did. I mean, they tried, but she was always over and anyone paying any attention knew giving her "coolest person in the world" as a gimmick was going to be mega-over.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I assume this is basically a thing that was set up on the taped SmackDown

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

If it was, it wasn't shown to the audience.

Apparently it's because it was announced on the Main Event feed they have for international broadcasts and wasn't supposed to be leaked yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Every few months I am shocked to be reminded of just how long Liv Morgan has been around as a TV character despite having never done anything ever. I literally don't recall having heard her ever speak on television beyond the few seconds of whatever she presumably said during Sarah Logan's infamous Game Meat promo almost a year ago.