Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I think it owns that they promise to make things better, have basically the same kind of show as always, and on top of it, they promise new faces and only call up people that no one could possibly care about, because heaven forbid you shake up NXT storylines by calling up an actual star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The only thing stupider than Raw was expecting Raw to do a complete 180 overnight

I didn't expect it to do a complete 180 overnight. I'm not asking for them to fly in the Undisputed Era and Gargano for Raw and take over or something. They had video packages/announcements for six different acts and exactly 0 of them are stars or even worth talking about. The only one remotely close was Nikki Cross, and she's not even that over anymore.

All they had to do was announce one (1) star that is a big deal, and they didn't have the stones to do it because what if they had to rewrite a storyline for their upcoming Takeover PPV.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

But again, expecting Raw to wash away all its mistakes overnight is stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid as hell.

No it's not. You just find the things people didn't like about the product and don't book those things.

The show opened with a 30 minute promo.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

One of the things people don't like about the product is Baron Corbin, and that 30 minute promo was largely spent mocking him. It is comically easy to draw a line between common fan complaints and nearly every single segment they ran last night. It's also easy to see how and why their attempts to address those complaints landed wide of the mark. It is absurd to expect them to change absolutely everything about how they book the show literally overnight, especially considering it was the doubleheader holiday show AND the post-TLC show. I can't even begin to comprehend the failed logic in that.

Okay, I guess having a 30 minute promo where the management that ruined the show fellate themselves by attacking a proxy is fine. We'll ignore that people don't hate Corbin but hate what he represents. Let's continue.

After that 30 minute promo, they booked a match that was nearly identical to a match that occurred the night before. They even had Heath reprise his role as guest ref. PPV rematches the next night are another common complaint.

Assuming Rovert is telling the truth about his scoops, the call up choices were made on Wednesday. They had several days to book things people would want to see, and not book things people didn't want to see. They still booked the same boring poo poo people complain about all the time, but promised they would try really hard to not be garbage in the future.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Bootlicking time again I see

It's not bootlicking it's just being an annoying shitposter and I apologize for responding to it. I hope my fellow posters can forgive me.