Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the McMahons FINALLY being back in charge?
This poll is closed.
Oh thank God, FINALLY! It's been so long! 5 5.00%
Who? It's been so long I forgot who they are! 1 1.00%
Is Jack Tunney okay? 44 44.00%
.... THE BIG DOG! 50 50.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
gently caress it man. It's hard to even make jokes anymore. Their idea of a big shakeup was the loving McMahons again and just promising to do something different, just trust me baby it will be different this time. Like letting Finn and The Revival win for one week or calling up a bunch of other people to get lost on the roster doing nothing. Sigh. Just don't steal anyone from Smackdown, let me enjoy a few more months of Bryan and Becky before they're gone to RAW.

Also, this pains me to say because I liked him as a face, but this Dean Ambrose heel run is DOA. My god, the dumb entrance with the cosplay Paul Heyman security. And he had NOTHING to say in the promo, just resorting to the dumbest "YOU PEOPLE" stuff. I always thought Dean would have the best heel turn of The Shield when he got to turn loose, but it turns out...there's nothing there. He's the least menacing heel I've seen in recent memory. I thought he was going to be some unleashed, Randy Orton type hurting people for fun, but instead he's a coward, and worse yet, BORING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I wonder if they will do like TNA and introduce that fan poll to vote on the next world title challenger. I wonder if they'll do like TNA and get mad and close it down in 2 weeks, furious at Finn Balor or someone getting votes.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Rarity posted:

70 new posts in the WWE thread, did something exciting or important happ... no, it's just Kimoa getting a huge fight again.

Every drat week, goddam.

It's the most active RAW thread in months and all WWE had to do was claim to change something but do absolutely nothing. If it works for the ratings too, they should do it every week.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Was it just me or did the crowd seem super not into the Smackdown main event? It seemed like a super fun match to me.

I mean, the crowd has virtually no familiarity with Ali and Almas. I thought it was a fine idea to stick them in the match so people associate them with main event guys like Bryan and AJ, but I wasn't surprised the crowd was quiet for the most part. Almas has been missing almost since he was drafted and never had any real promos or character building.

I think SD and RAW tried to do the same half hearted "shake-up" this week but SD did it better. RAW had Tyler Breeze as the upset challenger, SD had Ali but he actually won and they repeatedly put over his personal story and how he had earned this opportunity. RAW had The Revival becoming the latest challengers, SD had The Club and Sanity basically just show up to remind everyone they exist and that the tag division is more than 3 teams.

I think if they actually stick with something and commit, people will start to care about the new wrestlers. In the meantime, I kinda like the weird WCW Nitro quality of these match-ups

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Thank you blessed Daniel Bryan and AJ for helping build new stars as the 300 writers and Vince are unable to do so.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

At this point I don't want to see any god drat authority figures/commissioners/GMs in WWE for at least the next 20 years, but if they must be around, Daniel Bryan and Paige were good. Faces who were unobtrusive and stayed out of storylines for the most part, just focused on making quality match-ups.

I'm hoping the rumors of FOX wanting a more sports focused product out of Smackdown are true and they actually have some sort of ranking system or method of victories leading to title shots, rather than just random matches caused by people calling each other out or GM vendettas. There's absolutely no reason an authority figure needs to be a regular character at all.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

Maybe Ronda's mania challenger shouldn't be beaten clean in January, just a thought.

Charlotte won't job in January, don't worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I don't mind that at all. Can't we just have a normal Royal Rumble for once where the person who should win it does and then goes on to actually win the match at Mania? I feel like its importance has been diminished from repeated years of the winner losing at Wrestlemania or using their opportunity in a B-title opening match. The most notable thing about the past 5 years is who HASN'T been in the Rumble rather than who has. That's how you end up with dumb poo poo like Sheamus winning the Rumble out of no where after building towards Jericho for a month, just because it's too "obvious."

Just put Becky in, have her kick rear end, then kick Ronda's rear end. The fans will love it. No need to swerve anyone. They would be thrilled with her dumping people out and checking her watch.