Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
If I want to strap a loving short-sword to my hip and stroll around town I should be able to, especially if any jackass can do the same with a loaded gun. What does the short-sword accomplish? Nothing. Obviously. It's a style not a weapon. I'm not going to stop any crimes with it. But I'd feel a lot better having one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

You know who else thought laws are such BS?

Aatrek

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I actually drive better drunk and high.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
And by better i mean faster

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have a long sword on me at all times. It's in my pants.

It's my penis

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Move along and stop waving your little pen knife. Real men carry a hand-and-a-half bastard sword in their trousers :smug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sounds like you are compensating for something else that is small.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

If I want to strap a loving short-sword to my hip and stroll around town I should be able to, especially if any jackass can do the same with a loaded gun. What does the short-sword accomplish? Nothing. Obviously. It's a style not a weapon. I'm not going to stop any crimes with it. But I'd feel a lot better having one.

Move to Texas it’s totally legal to open carry bladed weapons of any size

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...545218898342159

Commie NedFlanders fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 18, 2018

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Can't you sufficiently express the same sense of style with a fedora and anime t shirt?

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if we make laws against the law then only outlaws will have laws

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

Most rural towns in the US you can do this no problem. Its not uncommon around here to see guys with 10" Bowie knives on their belt walking around the local Walmart.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Why the poo poo can't i bring my glaive into the Bodega

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Have you considered not being a criminal op hth

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Americans and their obsession with sword culture. :rolleyes:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You have the right to bear arms OP, you can do it!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vim Fuego posted:

I don't know if you know this but people that like swords are generally stupid pieces of poo poo just fyi

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Vim Fuego posted:

What type of pedophile are you?

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Break all the laws

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

Stark Fist posted:

Why the poo poo can't i bring my glaive into the Bodega

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Vim Fuego posted:

Um, EXCUSE ME, but it is called a "Tanto" not a short-sword you loving plebe

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its only a law if you follow it or get caught idiot.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Vim Fuego posted:

This sounds so funny

This is the kind of gun law protest I would like to see

Everyone open carrying the Star Trek universe combat hand weapons of all types

Like the pohn farr poo poo

(Someone correct my spelling please)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Vim Fuego posted:

What is your favorite BUDK product, op?

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5lEuiwtfQ

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Epstein, 65, was given what victims’ advocates consider one of the most lenient plea deals for a serial sex offender in history. The New York hedge fund manager faced a possible life sentence for molesting dozens — and perhaps hundreds — of underage girls at his Palm Beach mansion from 2001 to 2006, according to federal court documents.

But in 2008, then-Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta signed a non-prosecution agreement that allowed Epstein to plead guilty to two prostitution charges in state court. In exchange, the FBI dropped its probe into whether Epstein was operating an international sex trafficking network, and also granted federal immunity to his co-conspirators — four of whom were identified, and others who have never been named.

lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You can conceal carry anywhere just ask this guy

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vim Fuego posted:

Come on, law! Let me carry my two handed war sword. Do you know how many minutes it'd take to get that thing off my back?? There's no danger at all!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
laws exist to protect the rich

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I don't go anywhere without my dire flail.

P.s. I never realized Machete had a bunch of butter knives strapped in lmao

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
"I bet you're fat and married, and you're always home in bed by half-past eight,
And if I talked about the old times, you'd get bored, and you'll have nothing more to say
Yes people often change, but memories of people can remain."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqil5wzF7nA

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://kniferights.org/

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Lmao

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Move to Texas it’s totally legal to open carry bladed weapons of any size

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...545218898342159

But what's the law on using swords on people

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Laws are alot like jaws; if I see one I don't like I'ma break it! I've actually worked with Judas Priest to redo their hit "Breaking the Law" as "Breaking the Jaw" so I have coverage in either situation.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The courts just overturned NYC's ban on nunchuks oj second amendment grounds

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Sponge Baathist posted:

You can conceal carry anywhere just ask this guy

is this from the antonio banderas movie? I always wanted to recreate when he is on top of the limo throwing knive thru the sunroof lmao

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018
Frickin fascists won't let me bring my katana on the plane. Luckily I've got a razor sewn into the brim of my cap

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The courts just overturned NYC's ban on nunchuks oj second amendment grounds

As one of those black guys that has spent a decade or two doing his own Homebrew version of kung fu I am simultaneously excited to publicly exercise this new freedom and very worried about my financial future as my cache it nunchaku are now worth retail at best.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

is this from the antonio banderas movie? I always wanted to recreate when he is on top of the limo throwing knive thru the sunroof lmao

It's a Danny Trejo movie called "Butterknife"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Yeah bro if you really tttthink about it......:okpos: