Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

FairGame posted:

Given that why even try and stand on the button? Why not just have splinter use the bottom of scurry to move to the middle coin slot, the top to loot the other 2 coins?

I can't do that. I can either Move 4, atk 1 and turn invisible or I can Loot 2 and generate Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Why can’t you use a generic move2 bottom and then loot1 with the top of the other card?

Can you not move2 through allies?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

FairGame posted:

Why can’t you use a generic move2 bottom and then loot1 with the top of the other card?

Can you not move2 through allies?

Oh woops, loving A forgot about generic move 2!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This situation sucks. I'm not sure what to do. We need to keep trying to move forward but I don't want either of you getting attacked, pulled, and attacked more.

If you close the door then Ash won't do anything other than maybe kill the cannon if it's still alive.

Could Splinter just go invisible on the plate and Lina kill the cannon from the back of the room so that the golem moves into the door, pulls Ash, and Ash gets all his attacks?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm fine with whatever you want me to do

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That’d immobilize the bear, which might not be such a bad thing since otherwise it’s gonna run headlong into oozetown next turn.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What I described has the best chance of killing 2 enemies and keeping our momentum going but I am by no means perfect and I'm open to improvements to my plan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That’s honestly not a bad plan...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sounds good to me! I can do be a Vermling Paperweight

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Orders in. Assuming dead cannon. Will shred golem.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Hey guys, there is a bit of mix inputs itt about how you'd like to proceed, and I don't have a PM from SalTheBard. I'll wait for the PM before proceeding cause if I got your intentions wrong it may make a lot of difference in a round like this one :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Message sent

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Apologies for the delay, but I just noticed that the orders for one of our players are invalid, and I am awaiting a clarification :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 9B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot)! Gains INVISIBLE!
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! No action taken.

26. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 3 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 3 is killed!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Aid from the Ether (bot)! Moves1 to D5.
Lina Megumin Inverse executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
LIGHT is now strong.

28. Stone Golems posted:

- Stone Golem 6 focuses Ash! Moves1 to door (g) hex. Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage. PULL2, Ash to E8!
Ash is at 12 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!

46. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 1 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 11 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 10 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!

86. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 6! Attacks Stone Golem 6 for 0 (2base, NULL CURSEmod) damage!
- Pikachu uses Energizing Strike (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Stone Golem 6 for 4 (4base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Ash is STRENGTHENED!
Stone Golem 6 is at 4 HP.
- Pikachu uses Vicious Ally (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Stone Golem 6 with ADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +1/-1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ash loses IMMOBILIZED token.

So close...

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 2(s) focuses Ash! Ooze 2(s) suffers 2 damage! Summons Ooze 9(s) in hex D3!
Ooze 6 is at 3 HP.
- Ooze 6 focuses Ash! Ooze 6 suffers 2 damage! Summons Ooze 10(s) in hex E4!
Ooze 6 is at 3 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- LIGHT is now waning.
"Scenario Special Rules:
"
Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

That is a very unfriendly-looking room.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The stone golem should have 2 HP, not 4. You didn’t reduce its HP from Ash’s final swipe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

That is a very unfriendly-looking room.

It's fine. We'll be fine. That went pretty much as I expected.

Okay since Ash can't move I'm going to heal him and hopefully his attacks finish off the golem. I'm going to need help with the oozes though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can't do anything useful this round, except heal myself.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Stepping off the plate will kill the golem, if you want to go that route.

You can even do a move 2, take one step off (shutting the door) and step right back on (reopening it).

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Phelddagrif posted:

Stepping off the plate will kill the golem, if you want to go that route.

You can even do a move 2, take one step off (shutting the door) and step right back on (reopening it).

I'm confused. The final screenshot has ash in the door hex but the stone golem occupied that spot on its turn.

If the golem IS in the door hex, snapping the door shut is the best bet. And then probably leave it shut since nobody can deal with SLIME ROOM right now anyway.

Hell, even if the bear is in the door hex, moving at ratspeed to kill the golem and THEN snapping the door shut on the bear (and moving it to safety) might be the best play. Bear is liable to take more than 4 damage from cannons and slimes...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The Golem is on the door, Ash is in the next hex. I had to reload a save and I guess I forgot to move the Golem! Also, Ash is not immobilized (the token was remove on Ash's activation this Round).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Oh snap that's right.

Well if we can't really get everyone into the next room this turn then I guess close the door and we'll chill for a bit.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh snap that's right.

Well if we can't really get everyone into the next room this turn then I guess close the door and we'll chill for a bit.

Let me.know if you prefer your bear to be in E8 or D8 please!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Let me.know if you prefer your bear to be in E8 or D8 please!

E8 please. So do we have a plan? I need to know what to do if the door gets closed. If it stays open I have to commit to attacking and healing. Otherwise I'll heal.

Actually I will heal no matter what. I need to know what other card to play.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I will step off and on

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Actually I will heal no matter what. I need to know what other card to play.

Please send me a PM when you have decided :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Please send me a PM when you have decided :)

Orders in.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Clockwork Cove 10A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

"Scenario Special Rules:
"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Gnawing Horde.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"
Pikachu (Hand5, Discarded3, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 20 with Patch Fur and Maul.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"PATCH FUR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect all summoned Allies.
BOT: COMMAND - HEAL4, Self - XP1"

"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded2, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 80 with Reviving Ether and Mana Bolt.
(Hand2, Discarded2, Active0, Lost4)

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - REMOVED FROM THE GAME
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 28, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My plan is to step off button and step back on button and heal myself for 2. I am going to long rest next round as well.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

This may be relevant soon:

Q: If a monster drops a coin on a doorway and then the door closes, what happens to the coin?
A: The coin is removed from the board.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The monster suffers trap damage AND moves to the nearest unoccupied hex. That seems slightly different than killing something in a doorway and then closing the door.

Anyway I'm assuming this entire turn is gonna be "off button, on button" since otherwise Ash will charge forward and get himself killed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, staying off the button seems wise, we don't want Ash to take six shots from the Oozes and the Cannons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That's fine. As long as I can heal. I'm worried about people long resting though. We really need to keep moving.

If someone has a long rests only battle goal I'd prefer that not risk us losing. :/

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

The monster suffers trap damage AND moves to the nearest unoccupied hex. That seems slightly different than killing something in a doorway and then closing the door.

Effects are sequential and you can't push a dead enemy, so the Golem will suffer the damage on the door hex and die there, dropping its coin on that hex.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's fine. As long as I can heal. I'm worried about people long resting though. We really need to keep moving.

If someone has a long rests only battle goal I'd prefer that not risk us losing. :/

I'm about to get all my lost cards back, so no resting for me for a bit.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
If forward progress is a concern then the Mindthief could also just stay on the plate and let the bear kill the golem (though that would mean it takes one cannon shot).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm missing most of the orders for Step B :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Orders in

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I apologize TIG I thought I included my A + B in one PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I also thought I did that, as mine was straightforward, but I'll send it in again.