Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Ok, picked my choices. I'll be moving slow and hitting the boss. I'll start on K4, with my objective being to make it to either I3 or K3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah I'm just doing a bunch of attacks and being flexible to move cause I don't know what the monsters are doing.

Whatever the drakes are doing this round is gonna be pretty important.

(PS I can and will pop invisibility whenever I can cause I'm a scrawny rat girl and I ain't being no hero.)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Waiting for orders from one last player before starting :)

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Orders in finally

Apologies all had an incident at work that kept me from posting most of the morning!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Scorched Summit, Round 1A

Battle Goals posted:

These are the BGs randomly selected for this Scenario:
- Stubborn: Do not lose any cards to negate damage during the scenario.Rewards:✓
- Ravager:Play two cards for their lost actions on the same turn.Rewards:✓
- Sleepless:Take damage during the same round you take a long rest.Rewards:✓
- Shadow: End each of your turns adjacent to an ally.Rewards:✓
- Hunter*:Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario.Rewards:✓
- Covetous:Never collect a money token from end-of-turn looting.Rewards:✓

Pending actions from last Round posted:

"Scenario Special Rules
The Elder Drake occupies all three hexes of the obstacle it is on. If a figure can target any one of these hexes, they can target the Elder Drake, and the Elder Drake can use any of its hexes to determine what it can target. The Elder Drake cannot be forced to move or change positions in any way. The huge boulder obstacles cannot be destroyed.

BOSS Special 2
The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, represented by numbered tokens, then flies to the next perch of boulders in the order of (a), (b), (c) and then back to (a). Zephyrs cannot be damaged in any way. They perform “MOVE2, ATK(3)” immediately before the Elder Drake’s turn every round."

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Off to a good start :psyduck:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Fearsome Blade.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self (BLESS)"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Energizing Strike and Forceful Swipe.

29. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"ENERGIZING STRIKE (29) [Lvl2]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4 - STRENGTHEN, Self - XP1
BOT: HEAL1, affect all Allies."

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 69 with Fire Orbs and Flashing Burst.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

69. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"FIRE ORBS (69) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, Target3 - XP1 for every enemy targeted - Generate FIRE - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT
BOT: MOVE4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Oh dear.

My thinking was to charge Ash into the Elder drake. Do some damage this turn and set up for a big damaging turn next turn. However those other drakes look scary! Also it'll be awkward if the Drake flies off again next turn to be able to get over there quickly.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This doesn't seem that bad. Splinter can attack 4 twice then go invisible, Ash can beat up the elite render, and then Lina finishes it off. Probably knock off 1/5 of the boss' HP, and you can survive 5 rounds, right?

..right? :ohdear:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

FairGame posted:

This doesn't seem that bad. Splinter can attack 4 twice then go invisible, Ash can beat up the elite render, and then Lina finishes it off. Probably knock off 1/5 of the boss' HP, and you can survive 5 rounds, right?

..right? :ohdear:

Splinter can Attack 4 once, TMW isn't active yet.

Might be a good idea to take out that elite rending drake now; Splinter could disarm it, and Ash could use Boots of Speed to act before it?

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Phelddagrif posted:

Splinter can Attack 4 once, TMW isn't active yet.

Might be a good idea to take out that elite rending drake now; Splinter could disarm it, and Ash could use Boots of Speed to act before it?

I like the cut of you jib, and this is the plan I'm going for!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Hahahaha gently caress. Yup, I'm ok with taking out the Elite Rending Drake first while setting up Air for my power-up next turn.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gonna hit the gently caress out of the drake, disarm it and then 80% chance I turn invisible because I’m made out of fur and hope. And it’s not strong fur.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Just to confirm, the Rending Drake still moves even when Disarmed because it still tries to find a target, right?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Orders submitted. I'm hitting as hard as I can without some set-up, dumping losses, getting up next to the scaly bastard and going invis.

Sorry guys, I am not meant to tangle with giant flame lizards. I'm gonna do as much nova damage as I can while not getting hit before I even have to deal with it as a concept.

To quote the end of my orders to TIG, "byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Eeepies posted:

Just to confirm, the Rending Drake still moves even when Disarmed because it still tries to find a target, right?

Yeah it acts as if it had a melee attack.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

But disarm stops it spawning zephyrs, right?

My group got the whole rule on zephyrs wrong and we thought we could attack them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Also I know we changed this last time, but different kinds of red is legible to me and since it's arbitrary, maybe change it?

I doubt I'm the only color-blind player just by stats. He's even fixing this stuff in Frosthaven. (I'm not counting being nice to colorblind people as a spoiler, come the hell on.)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Doesn't disarm only stops the "Attack" part of the card, not the whole card?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well poo poo. I was hoping it'd stop him spawning but as phrased on the card it's "Move then spawn" so that sounds like a bottom action.

I don't know how that actually works out. My group has been using the app so long I've kind of forgotten some of the rules as written.

Crap.

Well at least I hopefully hurt the big lizard good and next turn I can mind-control an elite drake into it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Also I know we changed this last time, but different kinds of red is legible to me and since it's arbitrary, maybe change it?

I doubt I'm the only color-blind player just by stats. He's even fixing this stuff in Frosthaven. (I'm not counting being nice to colorblind people as a spoiler, come the hell on.)

I have removed all kind of reds in the spreadsheet, and in theory all the colors should be colorblind friendly (several types). If it's on TTS, there's only 1 kind of red border for monsters, and I can't really alter that without redoing all the art for the module...same with the Helper :v:

Let me know if you have troubles telling 2 colors aside in the sheet, though, and I'll try to fix that!

Scorched Summit, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

"Scenario Special Rules
The Elder Drake occupies all three hexes of the obstacle it is on. If a figure can target any one of these hexes, they can target the Elder Drake, and the Elder Drake can use any of its hexes to determine what it can target. The Elder Drake cannot be forced to move or change positions in any way. The huge boulder obstacles cannot be destroyed.

BOSS Special 2
The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, represented by numbered tokens, then flies to the next perch of boulders in the order of (a), (b), (c) and then back to (a). Zephyrs cannot be damaged in any way. They perform “MOVE2, ATK(3)” immediately before the Elder Drake’s turn every round."

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (top)! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 43 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 4 (2base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 39 HP.
Master Splinter activates Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBILE.
ICE is now strong.

The Boss is indeed immune to DISARMED...in fact, it is immune to almost anything :v:

By the way, Disarm only removes the "Attack" (like "Attack X, STUN") part of a card, not the rest of the card. It would prevent the Drake from using its Special 1; but if the Special 2 was "Attack 2, then Summon Zephyrs", it would not block the Summoning, just the Attack portion of it.

17. Elder Drake (BOSS) posted:

- Elder Drake (BOSS) focuses Ash! Summons Zephyr 1 in I2. Sumons Zephyr 2 K2. Flies to Massive Boulder (a)!

Zephyrs are really non descript, but being non interactable and given the name, I decided to go with some kind of magic gusts thing for the token - generated by the Elder Drake's massive wings when it takes flight. I forgot to add the red border though :v:

*19. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

Pikachu uses Boots of Speed to lower his initiative by 10!
- Ash the Bear focuses Elder Drake (BOSS)! Moves3 to P3. Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 36 HP.
- Pikachu uses Energizing Strike (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Elder Drake (BOSS) for 8 (4base, x2mod) damage! Ash is STRENGTHENED. Gains 1XP.
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 28 HP.
- Pikachu uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to farm 1XP.
Pikachu uses Minor Stamina Potion to get both cards back

Ash follows AI rules to draw Focus, and the Elder Drake has a lower initiative than the Elite Rending Drake, since they are both equidistant unfortunately. Otoh, you can still use the bot of Forceful Swipes even if the boss is immune to PUSH to farm 1XP, so at least there's that. E: Also the crit!

...Now for the bad news.

25. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 6(E) focuses Pikachu! Moves3 to H3. Attacks Pikachu for 5 (6base, -1mod) damage.
Pikachu is at 5 HP and is WOUNDED!
- Rending Drake 4 focuses Ash! Moves2 to O3. Attacks Ash for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage.
Ash is at 13 HP and is WOUNDED!

Someone said DPS race?

69. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Rending Drake 6(E) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Rending Drake 6(E) is at 7 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (bot)! Moves2 to O4.
LIGHT is now strong.
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Mana Potion!
AIR is now strong.

87. Spitting Drakes posted:

- Spitting Drake 3(E) focuses Pikachu! Flies1 to F1. Attacks Pikachu for 6 (6base, +0mod) damage.
Pikachu has to lose a card not to die!
Pikachu is at 5 HP and is WOUNDED and MUDDLED!
- Spitting Drake 5 focuses Ash! Flies1 to P1. Attacks Ash for 5 (5base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 8 HP and is WOUNDED and MUDDLED!

Kafila, please let me know which card you'd like to lose not to die :)
Now after realizing that Ash was not going to be there to tank the two Elites, a player would have probably popped their Invisibility Cloak. I have decided not to go that route for 2 reasons: 1, nothing in Ash/the monsters' movements and focus was obscured from the players at the start of the Round (unless I have made some terrible mistake); and our Spellweaver would have been mulched instead, so there would have been no real "party" gain.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.
- AIR is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 30, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Wait, didn't someone say to hit the elite? Oops. I'm going to concentrate on the elder now though.

Ok, i misread elite as elder 4 freaking times. Holy poo poo i was half-asleep or something. My bad everyone.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 30, 2020

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Wait, didn't someone say to hit the elite? Oops. I'm going to concentrate on the elder now though, my mistake.

That wasn't your mistake. I'd misinterpreted which monster Ash was going to focus on, so he's way on the other side of the map to where I'd planned him to be!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Ah, reading through the turn again now I see what happened... and ouch, this is bad. My plan is still the same, I think, setting up my buff while hitting the Boss. Also, does the Spellweaver seriously only have one attack on the bottom? Ouch.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Uh thanks for being so good about colorblindness.

Otherwise... ow. I’ll probably go slow to get what I can out of the cloak and then otherwise keep just hitting the Big Daddy.

(It doesn’t look like a birthday party exactly, but he’s already down to half health.)

(And I did the cards for just numbers ; disarm was at most a hopeful help.)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
TIG you have the top of Empathetic Assault listed twice. The second one is the bottom of Fearsome Blade.

Also LOL at burning the card we just enhanced for a loss but I'm pretty sure I know why you did it :v:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Look we all gotta do things for various reasons and this way I attacked twice.

Reasons.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

TIG you have the top of Empathetic Assault listed twice. The second one is the bottom of Fearsome Blade.

Fixed, thanks!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
No need to feel bad about burning cards, based on the damage you all did this is over in two more turns anyway.

Missing the chest, however...!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

By the way, if this is over in 4-5 Rounds (or something along those lines), I'm considering having our players get another go, unless there are objections to that :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

No need to feel bad about burning cards, based on the damage you all did this is over in two more turns anyway.

Missing the chest, however...!

I know exactly why he burned 2 losses right off the bat and I wasn't criticizing it. I was teasing. :)

I also really love the hyper aggro rat. I'm easily the most risky player in our group but some of the players ITT take it to another level and I LOVE IT!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Elephant Ambush posted:

I know exactly why he burned 2 losses right off the bat and I wasn't criticizing it. I was teasing. :)

I also really love the hyper aggro rat. I'm easily the most risky player in our group but some of the players ITT take it to another level and I LOVE IT!

Oh it wasn't meant as a specific reply to you, I was just sort of trying to keep morale up, so to speak.

Ludicrous aggression is insanely fun when you can get away with it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Oh it wasn't meant as a specific reply to you, I was just sort of trying to keep morale up, so to speak.

And the best time to do it, IMO, is boss fights. If the goal is just to kill the boss then go ham and focus fire and give negative fucks.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm hoping to keep that up next turn. This'll be over in so few turns that ironically I'll be tanking with the wrong half of the pair.
Only issue I can see is if the Drake leaves their perch before we can unload on it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That Italian Guy posted:

By the way, if this is over in 4-5 Rounds (or something along those lines), I'm considering having our players get another go, unless there are objections to that :)

As someone likely to be up next to play, I still think this is a good idea and was just thinking this morning that I hoped this scenario's players got some more playtime after this nasty/brutal/short fight

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
What level is this being played at L+0? Dragon seems real weak; just toss burners at it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

What level is this being played at L+0? Dragon seems real weak; just toss burners at it.

Yeah it's Normal difficulty (Party Level+0), so Scenario Level 3.

E: Bear in mind (pun intended) that we have a :tbear: and a Mindthief, so we are doing pretty great on the single target damage; and the Spellweaver is also going to be able to burn through her cards safely enough, and reach the Boss from almost anywhere by doing so. Out of the classes available to us - to avoid spoiled classes discussion - only a double critted or quadrupled Scoundrel hit could probably outshine a Bear or MT (especially with Splinter's stacked deck) and the latters are generally more consistent.

E: also I forgot to add STRENGTHENED to Ash, fixed!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 30, 2020

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

The bear's an ally, right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Xiahou Dun posted:

The bear's an ally, right?

The bear is an ally but it's still a summon.

So Scoundrel abilities that rely on having an adjacent ally work but Tinkerer abilities that let adjacent allies recover cards do not (because the bear does not have cards. It is a bear).

That Italian Guy posted:

Out of the classes available to us - to avoid spoiled classes discussion - only a double critted or quadrupled Scoundrel hit could probably outshine a Bear or MT (especially with Splinter's stacked deck) and the latters are generally more consistent.
Angry Face is unlocked too and I'd put him ahead of the Mindthief.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm staring at the board to see if there's any way I could move to the bear and give it an extra attack.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Nope. Can't do it.

Gonna just do what a psychic rat lady do best and hope to set it up next turn. Would've been great to work with the strengthen but I just can't like geometrically.

Going quick, doing what I can and probably tanking more than I'd like. Don't kill Rending Drake 4 because of reasons.

My loving kingdom for some boots to juice for extra movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

Nope. Can't do it.

Gonna just do what a psychic rat lady do best and hope to set it up next turn. Would've been great to work with the strengthen but I just can't like geometrically.

Going quick, doing what I can and probably tanking more than I'd like. Don't kill Rending Drake 4 because of reasons.

My loving kingdom for some boots to juice for extra movement.

I'll try to keep 4 alive, but if the boss flies off before my move Ash might give it a bit of a beating before I can move him off!