Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I'm going to be following this with interest, I've never seen a summoning strategy in Gloomhaven before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm going to eat the light element to attack a skeleton and possibly reposition.
Can anyone else drop some CC on the skellies?

E: best CC is death and I think skelly 7 is dead next turn

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 12, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Beast Tyrant and Bear will be going fast, and attempting to take out the skellington by the bear in a single glorious blow.

If you can go faster we might down Two skellingtons.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I should be able to outspeed you.
:black101:

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

My initial thought for Mindthief was to dump 3 attacks into living corpse 2 but it seems likely that 1 attack plus the hit from the warrior spirit would do it.

Frigid Apparition and Perverse Edge, 29

The idea is to hopefully go after Pikachu so that the spirit acts before us then finishing off corpse 2 with the top of Frigid Apparition. Then we shoot and stun corpse 3 to maybe keep the spirit alive.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Old Dun Cow posted:

My initial thought for Mindthief was to dump 3 attacks into living corpse 2 but it seems likely that 1 attack plus the hit from the warrior spirit would do it.

Frigid Apparition and Perverse Edge, 29

The idea is to hopefully go after Pikachu so that the spirit acts before us then finishing off corpse 2 with the top of Frigid Apparition. Then we shoot and stun corpse 3 to maybe keep the spirit alive.

I like this plan - I was considering Brain Leech bot, but that leaves Splinter vulnerable to the other elite moving and hitting hard.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decaying Crypt, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

-None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

A reminder on how Target3 works with melee attacks: the monster will draw Focus as normal, then it'll move toward a hex where its attack will hit its Focus and as many other enemies as possible.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Fire Orbs.
(Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"FIRE ORBS (69) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, Target3 - XP1 for every enemy targeted - Generate FIRE - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"
Pikachu (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Disappearing Wounds.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"
Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Frigid Apparition and Perverse Edge.

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Do we need ice? I can make ice.
E: shouldn't the Spellweaver get 2 xp from the summon?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 13, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Making ice would be good, it would ensure that only the non elite living corpse can move/attack, potentially keeping my summon up one more turn.

My orders are for the bear to Bear

If spellweaver can kill the skellington on her turn, the bear will move south towards the second skeleton and i'll forgo the top of my round to increase bears damage and maul faces.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Shouldn't the Spellweaver get 2 xp from the summon?

They should and they will! Thanks!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

if Lina can make ice, Splinter can stun Corpse 3 and Corpse 4 should fall to some combination of the summon, Lina, and ratstab.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm going on the skeletons this turn.
One (1) ice coming up though.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

the hammer summon is closest to Corpse 4, right? so that's the one it'll choose to attack?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Superterranean posted:

the hammer summon is closest to Corpse 4, right? so that's the one it'll choose to attack?

That is correct. E: if you mean "the corpse will attack the spirit". If you meant "will the spirit attack Corpse 4", then no, it'll focus Corpse 2 cause it's acting before 4 in initiative and they are otherwise equidistant.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 13, 2020

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

That is correct.

Shouldn't it focus corpse 2 because they're all equidistant and elites have the lower initiative?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

Shouldn't it focus corpse 2 because they're all equidistant and elites have the lower initiative?

Oh wow, I read it the other way around :v: I thought the question was "will Corpse 4 target the Warrior Spirit" instead of the opposite. The Warrior Spirit will Focus Elite Corpse 2.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If nobody objects, I'd like the standard zombie moving in D2 for my next turn

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Oh wow, I read it the other way around :v: I thought the question was "will Corpse 4 target the Warrior Spirit" instead of the opposite. The Warrior Spirit will Focus Elite Corpse 2.

OK cool, I was worried that I might have some explaining to do to my group if I was wrong about that.

If corpse 2 is alive when Splinter goes, then I think the original plan of Frigid Apparition top on 2 (consume ice to stun just in case) then Perverse Edge bottom on 3 still applies. If 2 is dead, then I think it makes sense to use Perverse Edge as a move 2 and hit corpse 3 with Frigid Apparition. I don't see a way to prevent the spirit from eating a hit from the standard corpse but it might survive.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd rather have ice available in the next round though, from Splinter's generation.

I don't think the summon can down the living corpse though, how much atk does it have?
(Is there an easy way to display the summons' attack stats somewhere turn by turn? They're kinda relevant while they last)

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Omobono posted:

I'd rather have ice available in the next round though, from Splinter's generation.

I don't think the summon can down the living corpse though, how much atk does it have?
(Is there an easy way to display the summons' attack stats somewhere turn by turn? They're kinda relevant while they last)

Oh OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if you were firing off the orbs. Perverse Edge will generate ice so as long as we use that to stun something, there will be ice for next round. I guess we could accept that the spirit will be sacrificed in the event that we whiff on corpse 2 because Splinter can still stun it with Perverse Edge at disadvantage. Then you wouldn't need to use the mana potion? The odds are pretty decent that Splinter can kill 2 and stun 3 without having ice available.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Old Dun Cow posted:

Oh OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if you were firing off the orbs. Perverse Edge will generate ice so as long as we use that to stun something, there will be ice for next round. I guess we could accept that the spirit will be sacrificed in the event that we whiff on corpse 2 because Splinter can still stun it with Perverse Edge at disadvantage. Then you wouldn't need to use the mana potion? The odds are pretty decent that Splinter can kill 2 and stun 3 without having ice available.

I'd rather ensure both elites are stunned if we don't down one. Ice is good for that

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yup. Eat ice with the top, regenerate with the bottom. Both elite corpses will be stunned at least.

E: too early for orbs and not enough targets in range. I'll use Mana bolt top eating light, orbs bottom to move

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 2B

- None!

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Mystic Ally focuses Living Bones 7(E)! Attacks Living Bones 7(E) for 0 (2base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (bot)! Moves1 to H3.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)! Consumes LIGHT. Attacks Living Bones 7(E) for 5 (3base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 7(E) is killed!
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Flashing Burst and Fire Orbs.
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Mana Potion! Generates ICE.
ICE is now strong.

Someone with a better understanding of % than me should run the numbers on that. Lina's deck was 21 cards deep the first time, and 20 the second. 5% of less than 5%?

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Living Bones 5(E)! Moves1 to E4. Attacks Living Bones 5(E) with ADVANTAGE for 5 (2base, +1/+0mod, +3bonus, SHIELD1) damage!
Living Bones 5(E) is at 5 HP.
- Spirit Warrior focuses Living Corpse 2(E)! Moves1 to E2. Attacks Living Corpse 2(E) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Living Corpse 2(E) is at 3 HP.
- Pikachu uses Disappearing Wounds (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Living Bones 5(E) for 9 (2base, x2mod, +3bonus, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 5(E) is killed!
Pikachu uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Energizing Strike, Maul and Disappearing Wounds.

:gibs: Well then. Remember when MOVE4 - ATK3, Target3 was scary?
By the way, a couple of rules that could be of use this Scenario and did not come into play before:
:eng101: If a character controls multiple Summons, they get activated in the order they were summoned.
:eng101: You can't prevent damage to your Summons by losing cards (the BT's Bear is an explicit exception to that due to the rules on its card).

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Consumes ICE. Attacks Living Corpse 2(E) for 5 (3base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Corpse 2(E) is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Living Corpse 3(E) for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP. Loses INVISIBLE token.
Living Corpse 3(E) is at 12 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

66. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 2(E) focuses Spirit Warrior! Loses STUNNED token.
- Living Corpse 3(E) focuses Spirit Warrior! Loses STUNNED token.
- Living Corpse 4 focuses Spirit Warrior! Moves1 to D2. Attacks Spirit Warrior for 4 (4base, +0mod) damage.
Spirit Warrior is killed!

So long, sweet prince...The Summon may have actually survived the hit (and in fact, even at Scenario Level 3 it will usually survive at least 1 hit, with 4HP) if any negative modifier were drawn. Seven out of twenty is not bad odds, but I guess all the luck had been used before. PS: let me know if you'd prefer Living Corpse 4 to move to C2 instead! It's further away from our party which is both good and bad so I was a bit undecided myself.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled.
- Pikachu 's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 14, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Actually, with both skeletons dead I want the zombies clumped up.
One AoE stun coming up (unless Splinter wants that ice).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You forgot my major stamina potion use. I should have recovered my three spent but not persistant cards.

Hey whats my bears move speed again? Ie do I need to launch a command to have it get into the mauling of that living corpse? I checked. OK ITS EXTRA MAULING TIME FOLKS

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 14, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

You forgot my major stamina potion use. I should have recovered my three spent but not persistant cards.

My bad, fixing that now!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I was gambling on the warrior spirit living but I knew it was a gamble.

However it took out one enemy unit so thats worth it for a cheap summon that doesn't even cost a card.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I was gambling on the warrior spirit living but I knew it was a gamble.

However it took out one enemy unit so thats worth it for a cheap summon that doesn't even cost a card.

Yeah, Summons are usually bad cause they die and then you are out a card, or they use an item slot that could be otherwise better spent. Also most summons suck rear end at moving around and are usually only useful in a single room.

But the combination of BT + Weapon slot is a good one, the only thing we are losing is a one time cost opportunity to be 25g more rich. Dealing 5 damage then absorbing 4 is quite the value if you consider the fact that it's basically free.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Let's have Corpse 4 move next to Corpse 3, to make a double stun possible. It does mean Ash has some wandering around to do, but I'm OK with that. Omobono/Lina were you planning on going fast-ish so the stun hits this turn, or late-ish so they act this coming turn but are stunned the next?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Genesis kid here. The answer is to always go fast.

E: also I don't think I can go slower than the zombies honestly
E2: if Pikachu wants the normal zombie at 3 hexes from Ash it's fine by me.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 14, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If the spellweaver is good with the zombie at 3 for stunning (it might be dead before that) it works out a lot better for efficient mauling.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Since the room is basically cleared, should Splinter crack the door?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Crack it the start of next turn since the bear will hit the last living corpse then. Have splinter loot/slice up the elite this turn.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Mass Hysteria bottom to basic move to G2 and then Corrupting Embrace for two attacks on corpse 2?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

Mass Hysteria bottom to basic move to G2 and then Corrupting Embrace for two attacks on corpse 2?

So far this is the only proposed card selection for our MT (also it's missing initiative) :v:

First 2 concurring plans decide, hoping to update today!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 15, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

I concur, going with the faster initiative (mass hysteria 12)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 3A

-None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 12 with Mass Hysteria and Corrupting Embrace.

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"MASS HYSTERIA (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK1, Range4, Target4 - MUDDLE - Generate ICE - XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others "

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
Pikachu (Hand9, Discarded0, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Disappearing Wounds.

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 21 with Freezing Nova and Cold Fire.
(Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1)

21. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"FREEZING NOVA (21) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Target all adjacent enemies - IMMOBILIZE - Consume ICE, +1ATK.
BOT: HEAL4, Range4 - Generate LIGHT"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am effectively repeating last rounds orders so bear mauls the living corpse.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I am effectively repeating last rounds orders so bear mauls the living corpse.

Hey Krab, just remember that difficult terrain hexes costs 2 movement points to enter, so the Bear won't get there if you don't boost his movement! E: I shouldn't post when I am doing something else :v: Also please let me know if you have preferences on the destination hex, since there are 2 valid ones.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

Hey Krab, just remember that difficult terrain hexes costs 2 movement points to enter, so the Bear won't get there if you don't boost his movement! Also please let me know if you have preferences on the destination hex, since there are 2 valid ones.

Bear has 3 move it can get there I think?