Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Also short rest, protecting Hostile Takeover (insurance against the Sun Demon consume light to attack all enemies in range 4 card)

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I agree with the general stabbing profile

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Was planning to move next to flame, consume ice to immobilize it and force it to hit me at close range so it eats a retaliate. I eat a retaliate too, but oh well.

This will also get the frost demon to chase me down and eat a retaliate as well. Then hopefully flame punches me again next turn for the final retaliate and kills itself.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

We should reconsider Splinter's orders if Lina isn't taking focus from the Sun Demon. As is, it would tag Splinter for 6 and be within 2 spaces of Hail with several multi-target attacks that have the potential to kill her in one hit.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Splinter can stun the sun demon next turn, giving adequate time to deal with it--and I can make my way over there and start thinking about healing Hail, too.

Orders:

1.) Move 4 to E4
2.) Consume ice and target the flame demon, immobilizing it and with a +3 attack that if I get super lucky and roll a bless, will cause it to suicide on me
3.) Tank hits from flame and ice, retaliate
4.) Short rest. I don't think I need to protect reviving ether since it's still in my hand and not in discard. If that's wrong, then please protect that card.

edit: my retaliate says "on the next 5 melee attacks targeting me" and I guess that's ambiguous. I interpreted that as "attacks done within melee distance" but if it actually means "melee attacks, as opposed to ranged attacks, even if the ranged attack is done at melee distance" then I won't get any retaliate on the flame demon and it's pointless for me to hang out there.

If that's the case...
1.) Move 1 to I2. This'll still make me target for frost and sun
2.) Attack frost and earth (I get target 2 with forked beam)
3.) Tank hits from flame and ice, retaliate
4.) Short rest; same setup as in the "if retaliate works the way I hope it does" plan above.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 8, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Ruinous Rift, Round 8B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! Attacks Earth Demon 6 for 5 (1base, +2'mod +2bonus) damage! Gains STRENGTHENED.
Earth Demon 6 is at 10 HP
- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 6 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (1base, +1/NULLmod +2bonus) damage! Attacks Earth Demon 6 with ADVANTAGE for 6 (1base, +2/-1mod +2bonus, POISON) damage!
Earth Demon 6 is at 6 HP and is POISONED!
Earth Demon 6 is killed!
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Scurry! Suffers 1 damage to protect Hostile Takeover.
Master Splinter is at 10 HP.

Yep, that's 15 damage without drawing either the BLESS or the regular CRIT :ese:

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (FairGame) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Freezing Nova (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves1 to I2.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 1 for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage! Attacks Sun Demon 5(E) for 1 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Frost Demon 1 is at 7 HP.
Sun Demon 5(E) is at 13 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Forked Beam.

Unfortunately, attacks that specifically state Range X are ranged attacks (even when striking at melee and then consequentially being under disadvantage), so Engulfed in Flames would not trigger.

30. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 4(E) focuses Pikachu! Flies1 to E4. Attacks Pikachu for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage. Attacks Ash for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage.
Pikachu is at 9 HP and is WOUNDED.
Ash is at 20 HP and is WOUNDED.

68. Sun Demons posted:

- Sun Demon 5(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves1 to H1. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse with ADVANTAGE for 0 (6base, +1/+0mod, FROST ARMOR) damage. Gains 1XP. Lina Megumin Inverse RETALIATES for 3 damage! Gains 1XP.
Sun Demon 5(E) is at 10 HP.
LIGHT is now strong.

78. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to J2. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 0 (4base, +2mod, FROST ARMOR) damage. Gains 1XP. Lina Megumin Inverse RETALIATES for 3 damage!
Frost Demon 1 is at 4 HP.
ICE is now strong.

13 damage resisted with Frost Armor? No problem! Also I've decided to switch to a visual representation to remember how many charges of a given effect are left, for everyone's sanity.

99. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

Ash the Bear suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Ash is at 19 HP and is WOUNDED.
- Ash the Bear focuses Flame Demon 4(E)! Moves2 to D3. Attacks Flame Demon 4(E) for 0 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD4) damage! Flame Demon 4(E) RETALIATES for 4 damage!
Ash is at 15 HP and is WOUNDED.
- Swamp Alligator focuses Sun Demon 5(E)! Moves1 to G2. Attacks Sun Demon 5(E) for 3 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Sun Demon 5(E) is at 7 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- Pikachu takes a Long Rest! HEAL2, Self, loses WOUNDED, recovers Spent Items. Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Soaring Ally!

Has Ash finally met his match? (the answer is: probably yes until it draws a good modifier on a Concentrated Rage attack :v:)

99. Hail posted:

- Hail focuses! 8/10 Rounds progress.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.
- Night Demon 4 spawns in hex (b)
- Wind Demon 4(E) spawns in hex (c)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Here's hoping Night demon cooperates and becomes Ash's focus...

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How does Lina want to play this one?
Splinter can both disarm a single target up to Frost and at the same time stun Wind or Sun.

(Pikachu can play with Fire)

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Voting Hostile Takeover, Empathetic Assault 09

Shoot the Sun, control the Wind.

E. Or shoot ice, control wind. Or shoot wind, control sun. Lot of versatility.

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 8, 2020

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Omobono posted:

How does Lina want to play this one?
Splinter can both disarm a single target up to Frost and at the same time stun Wind or Sun.

(Pikachu can play with Fire)

With my shield down, I'm not super enamored with the idea of taking a beating just to draw the retaliates.

I can stun sun and wind and tank frost, which I think is my best play. I'm going to need to pop reviving ether next turn; I'm not going to get the full compliment of retaliates out. Oh well.

PS: don't eat the ice, please.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Well, next turn is the last one so if you want to play any lost cards you would need to Ether this turn. Since you only need a total of 4 cards to finish, you can take as many hits as you want.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Eh, whatever. Maybe I'll go the whole scenario without using reviving ether, the class' signature move.

Orders sent.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Ruinous Rift, Round 9A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

- Next Spawns: Frost Demon in hex (d) and Elite Sun Demon in hex (e)
Please let me know which hex you want the Frost Demon to spawn in :)

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Empathetic Assault.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self (BLESS)"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 21 with Freezing Nova and Cold Fire.
(Hand4, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3)

21. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (FairGame) posted:

code:
"FREEZING NOVA (21) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Target all adjacent enemies - IMMOBILIZE - Consume ICE, +1ATK.
BOT: HEAL4, Range4 - Generate LIGHT"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 42 with Blood Hunger and Energizing Strike.

42. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"BLOOD HUNGER (42) [Lvl6]
TOP: Persistent Bonus After your Bear's next five ATKs, it performs a ""HEAL2, Self"" action - XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then  LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK3, HEAL3, Self - XP1"

"ENERGIZING STRIKE (29) [Lvl2]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4 - STRENGTHEN, Self - XP1
BOT: HEAL1, affect all Allies."
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 9, 2020

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Kobal2 posted:

Here's hoping Night demon cooperates and becomes Ash's focus...

Narrator : "The Night demon, in fact, would tell Ash to go suck itself"

Do we win at the end of this round or the next ?

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 9, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Do we win at the end of this round or the next ?

At the end of the 10th Round, if Hail is still alive :)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Stunning wind and sun and consuming ice. Tanking frost.

Then tossing a heal 4 over to Hail. We've got this.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Looks to me like the wind demon is the one to control. Can Lina make wind on her turn with the potion? If so, the wind demon would move to K2 and attack/disarm both the Sun and Frost Demons. Then we shoot the sun demon so it's double disarmed?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I could, but there's not much point to it. I'm going to stun wind and sun, and because of turn order, the disarm wouldn't really add anything to the equation.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

We can chain our CCs. If Splinter controls wind and disarms ice, Wind will disarm Sun, leaving Lina free to stun flame or night. End result, only one enemy acts.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If we do it my way, though, Hail gets healed for 4 which puts her well out of "oops, got crit at the very end of turn 10, now you lose" range

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

We use Splinter's mindhack to CC wind and (indirectly) sun, while your Cold Freeze goes another way. It's range 3 with a triangle template, it can reach every enemy right now.

Freezing Nova bottom is still available to heal Hail.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

I guess I'll vote control the Wind Demon with Hostile Takeover bottom and then shoot the Frost Demon with Empathetic Assault top regardless. We can only control Sun or Wind from the our current location and we shouldn't move to maintain adjacency with the incoming Frost demon. Might as well get the XP.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Old Dun Cow posted:

I guess I'll vote control the Wind Demon with Hostile Takeover bottom and then shoot the Frost Demon with Empathetic Assault top regardless. We can only control Sun or Wind from the our current location and we shouldn't move to maintain adjacency with the incoming Frost demon. Might as well get the XP.

Seconded

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

OK.

Heal 4 on Hail.
Use my stun on the night demon
Use the mana potion to create air so that the wind demon disarms sun and frost
Short rest, protecting reviving ether

I will be going REALLY early next turn in hopes of drawing focus from things. I can toss cards endlessly if I have to soak damage.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Rift, Round 9B

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot)! Round Bonus: Force Wind Demon 4(E) to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 1 with ADVANTAGE for 8 (4base, x2/-1mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card! Loses STRENGTHENED token.
Frost Demon 1 is killed!
ICE is now strong.

21. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (FairGame) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Freezing Nova (bot)! HEAL4, Hail!
Hail is at 11 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! Attacks Night Demon 4 with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (1base, +1/+1mod) damage!
Night Demon 4 is at 6 HP and is STUNNED!
LIGHT is now strong.
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Mana Potion! Generates AIR.
AIR is now strong.
- Lina Megumin Inverse executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Freezing Nova

26. Night Demons posted:

- Night Demon 4 loses STUNNED token!

30. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 4(E) focuses Ash! Flies1 to G4. Attacks Ash for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage. Attacks Pikachu for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 12 HP and is WOUNDED.
Pikachu is at 9 HP and is WOUNDED.

37. Wind Demons posted:

- Wind Demon 4(E) focuses Sun Demon 5(E)! Consumes AIR. Attacks Sun Demon 5(E) for 4 (5base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage.
Sun Demon 5(E) is at 3 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and DISARMED.

42. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

Pikachu discards Energizing Strike! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
Ash the Bear suffers 1 WOUND damage.
Ash the Bear is at 11 HP and is WOUNDED.
- Ash the Bear focuses Flame Demon 4(E)! Moves1 to F3. Attacks Flame Demon 4(E) for 0 (2base, -2mod, +3 Bonus, SHIELD4) damage! Flame Demon 4(E) retaliates for 4 damage!
Ash the Bear is at 7 HP and is WOUNDED.
- Swamp Alligator focuses Sun Demon 5(E)! Attacks Sun Demon 5(E) for 0 (3base, NULLmod, SHIELD1) damage!
- Pikachu uses Blood Hunger (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Flame Demon 4(E) for 2 (3base, +0mod, +3 Bonus, SHIELD4) damage! COMMANDS Ash to HEAL3, Self! Flame Demon 4(E) retaliates for 4 damage!
Flame Demon 4(E) is at 3 HP.
Ash the Bear is at 6 HP.

What a slugfest :suspense:

73. Sun Demons posted:

- Sun Demon 5(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Consumes LIGHT. HEAL3, Self. Loses IMMOBILIZED and DISARMED tokens.

99. Hail posted:

- Hail focuses! 9/10 Rounds progress.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled.
- Pikachu 's deck is shuffled.
- Frost Demon 2 spawns in hex (d).
- Sun Demon 6(E) spawns in hex (e).

We may end up not playing Round 10 in its entirety if there is no danger for Hail to die (even with a crit) and/or if there is no need for the players to complete their BGs. We'll see after update 10A if we can skip to conclusion straight away (awarding players with the XP they could get out of this last Round by playing the cards they have selected, ofc).

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 10, 2020

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Perverse Edge bottom, Brain Leech top? Stun the frost demon, shoot something, gain 3 xp?

I think that's like 6 demons that Splinter has killed from full hit points in a single turn at this point.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Old Dun Cow posted:

Perverse Edge bottom, Brain Leech top? Stun the frost demon, shoot something, gain 3 xp?

I think that's like 6 demons that Splinter has killed from full hit points in a single turn at this point.

Yeah, looks good. Either ice punches us for the battle goal or we stun it if it does something dangerous.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Pssst, Pikachu was supposed to use the invisibility cloak. No worries :).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Pssst, Pikachu was supposed to use the invisibility cloak. No worries :).

Ops! Let me know if you want me to rectify this :)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Orders in. No huge surprise--doing exactly what I said I'd do last turn.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

That Italian Guy posted:

Ops! Let me know if you want me to rectify this :)

Might as well, especially since Ash might not last very long !

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ruinous Rift, Conclusion

- Pikachu was supposed to activate his Cloak of Invisibility!
Pikachu is at 11 HP and is INVISIBLE and NOT WOUNDED!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand3, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Reviving Ether.
(Hand3, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (FairGame) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"
Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Brain Leech.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."
Pikachu (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 31 with Focused Aggression and Rampage.

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"

"RAMPAGE (34) [Lvl5]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2 - MOVE2 - ATK2 - MOVE2 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Any Summoned Ally performs MOVE+0, ATK+0 with you controlling the move"
As mentioned before we're going to go straight to the Conclusion, since Hail cannot die this Round!

Round 10B posted:

- Night Demon 4 moves next to Ash and attacks him.
- Lina Megumin Inverse recovers all lost card with Reviving Ether top.
- Master Splinter attacks Wind Demon 4(E) with Brain Leech top for 6HP (down to 4 due to SHIELD2) and Gains 2XP.
- Wind Demon 4(E) attacks Lina Megumin Inverse and PULLs her 1 next to itself. Lina Retaliates and Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu COMMANDS Ash to attack Night Demon 4 approximately a million times and Gains 4XP. Ash survives!
- Sun Demon 5 triggers another Retaliate from Lina, but that does not generate XP. He dies from Retaliate after being damaged by the Croc.
- Sun Demon 6 moves next to Pikachu and Ash and kills Ash :( but only manages to inflict 4 damage on Pikachu (may be relevant)
- The remaining monsters are inconsequential.
- Hail focuses for the 10th Round!
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

Hail screams out with hair-raising intensity. You look to her, afraid that more demons got past you and are attacking her. Instead, you see her pulling her hand back out of the rift. Her forearm is withered and smoking.

As her gnarled fingers clear the chaotic energies of the rift, it wavers and begins to shrink. A great wind picks up in the chamber and the demons fighting with you show fear for the first time. Instead of digging their claws into you, they grab at the stone floor, desperate to stop the pull of the rift.
Their efforts are futile, however. Every last one is sucked back into their own plane. The tear shrinks to one brilliant point and disappears.

Hail collapses, and you run to her side. “Oh, don’t mind me,” she coughs. “I’ll be fine. This old body has seen far worse.” She breaks into a fit of coughing, that soon turns into laughter. “That really was something, though, wasn’t it? If there’s one thing I can depend on you for, it’s a challenge. “Here, help me up. I need to get back to Gloomhaven immediately. I have many new thoughts for my research. Feel free to come by any time and I’ll figure out some way to properly thank you.”
Glitching out of boundaries is clearly too dangerous.

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None!
Scenario Rewards
- Global Achievement: The Rift Neutralized

Victory Rewards
+12XP each!
+1 prosperity
+100 gold each (This money must immediately be spent on enhancements)

Well now. Looks like we have to pimp some cards up. Also it's worth noting that due to our actions we have lost access to the Plane of Elemental Power (Scenario 10), since the portal has now been closed.

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 27.
- Master Splinter: Contagious - While afflicted by a negative condition, apply any negative condition to a monster. The GoonMind has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Distracted - Kill a monster you are not adjacent to while adjacent to another monster. FairGame has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Pikachu : Diehard*- Never allow your current hit point value to drop below half your maximum hit point value (rounded up) during the scenario. Kobal2 has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 27are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=3 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +21XP. (New Total 361XP) and +0 gold (New Total 58 gold). Master Splinter has enough experience to advance to Level 7!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: +18XP. (New Total 247XP) and +0 gold (New Total 42 gold).
- Pikachu : +21XP. (New Total 315XP) and +0 gold (New Total 37 gold).
After years of usage, I've just now realize you can set custom names for your heroes in the GH Helper app :doh: Master Splinter has now access to a new perk and a new card! This is the pool available to her:

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: None! (Completed one Scenario in the Lingering Swap (19)).
- Lina Megumin Inverse: None!
- Pikachu : None!
I guess at least one of these is about to change :D
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 12 posted:

Ah, the infamous Goon Dilemma, I see.

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario27!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) Master Splinter: NEW CARD and PERK. The Perk list can be found in her character's sheet just above.

4) Enhancement Time! We have 100 gold each that must be spent immediately on enhancement (plus whatever is in each character's pocket). Please bold which character/card and which enhancement. We'll probably have a second round of voting with the most popular options competing against each other. You can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE."
5) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

A big thank you to our players, FairGame and Kobal2! And of course to everyone for expertly piloting the Goonmind. Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to TravelLog and ChocolatePancake to let them know they're up next, with Superterranean and Reik as the first subs.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Oct 11, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

City Event: B. WE ARE GOONS WE FEAR NOT THE PIE

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

AtomikKrab posted:

City Event: B. WE ARE GOONS WE FEAR NOT THE PIE

B too. We have a Hulk. I mean a bear. Same thing.

ETA : also, minor detail but that's Pikachu's battle goal for last scenario. This one was "kill a dude from 3+ hexes away", which I don't believe I managed in the end.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 11, 2020

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
For enhancements, I'd suggest :

Lina : +1 range on the turret pet, +bless on the move from Reviving Ether
Splinter : +1 ATK (or +bless) on the bottom of Brain Leech
Pikachu : most impact is IMO +strengthen on the bottom of Vicious Ally, but we could also hurry up his quest by buying a bunch of do-nothing cheap things.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kobal2 posted:

ETA : also, minor detail but that's Pikachu's battle goal for last scenario. This one was "kill a dude from 3+ hexes away", which I don't believe I managed in the end.

Yup, those are the BGs from last mission. The goonmind had card-tanking a 5+ damage hit, which we didn't accomplish. Maybe Lina did hers.

Splinter cards: honestly the level 7 cards seem underwhelming. Dark Frenzy's bottom is almost completely superior to Vicious Blood's bottom (it's a ranged attack and thus doesn't get buffed augments), while Vicious's top is an augment not called Mind's Weakness.
I'm not even bothering to rate Psychic Projection.

2)B - we don't fear the portal to the Custard Dimension
3)Dark Frenzy // rolling stun

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

My bad, the previous Scenario was so short I forgot to update the BGs in the spreadsheet :v: I'll replay the last Round to try and accomplish the correct BGs asap.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If I'd been smarter I'd have moved 2 to get in range of 3 demons so I could accomplish my battle goal. But don't retroactively do that; that was just me being foolish.

Anyway, this was a lot of fun!

1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario27!: Splinter
2) City Event outcome, A or B!: We ain't afraid of no pie. Continue eating!

I'll let others decide the rest

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XIX, Update 1

City Event 12, resolution posted:

Effect: Each loses 1✓, each gains 10 gold (MT: 68, SW: 52, BT: 47) gain 1 reputation (current Reputation: +3, Shop Price mod -1).
Ah! We showed Smash Mouth. Unfortunately we lost 1✓ each - Although Splinter is immune to this since you can't go negative if you have filled 3 boxes in a row. Speaking of checkmarks, the correct BGs for the previous Scenario were Pincushion (be attacked by 3 monsters in the same Round) for our SW and Marksman (kill a monster 3+ hexes away from you) for our BT. Pikachu has actually managed to complete his BG on Round 10, when Ash has killed the Night Demon that was 4 hexes away from the BT.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We may want to go back down the Mountain and investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before leaving.

- We can longer follow the Drake's Request (since we have killed it); so we can't access the Savvas Armory (33) at the moment...but if we were to follow the voice in the Echo Chamber, perhaps?

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 29 posted:

Jesus Isaac, they're minerals.

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario27!
2) Road Event outcome, A or B!
3) Master Splinter: NEW CARD and PERK. The Perk list can be found in her character's sheet in the previous update.

4) Enhancement Time! We have 100 gold each that must be spent immediately on enhancement (plus whatever is in each character's pocket). Please bold which character/card and which enhancement. We'll probably have a second round of voting with the most popular options competing against each other. You can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE."
5) Our Next Destination!
6) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!

Also PMs are out!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Enhancements:

Splinter: I'd say jump on the bottom of cranium overload? It'd be 125g.
It's not like she's hurting for damage.

Lina: Is there a space to add an hex to Cold Fire? It would come out to 200/3 + 50 = 116g.
In alternative, +1 attack to the summon on Aid from the Ether. 100g

Pikachu: A bless on Patch Fur, jump on a command move like Howling Bolts. 100g total.

E: everything else I'm spitballing, but we need a jump on a command card.
JUMPING. BEAR.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 12, 2020