Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
MVP: Lina, for stunning just absurd numbers of things
City event: A, more maps please
Pikachu's retirement: A - Pika and Ash are fun, but I want to see some other classes :)
JOTL classes: A - let's add'em

e: update on previous page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Can we be ironman tinkerer out the box?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AtomikKrab posted:

Can we be ironman tinkerer out the box?

If we vote to retire Pikachu and we vote to add the JotL classes, we'll be able to pick from those 4 as well - they are "basic" classes, like the Brute or the Spellweaver from the main box. I'll do a recap of all the classes that we can pick from if we decide to retire Pikachu :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
MVP: Lina
City event: A
Pikachu's retirement: A
JOTL classes: A

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Lina
A More maps is always good, do we still have enough to retire if it's expensive or can we get the enhancements first?
A
A I want to see the about to be unlocked class in action more but the jaws classes look great too

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The JotL classes are great!

Red Guard may be my favorite character in the game, and is arguably the best-designed one. Voidwarden is up there too.

Red Guard will need a house rule for GH Base to add an Armor perk in one of several ways, but that's okay.

As a note, anything after L5 for Jaws is a spoiler, so we'll need that note when we get there, but that's okay!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

bagrada posted:

More maps is always good, do we still have enough to retire if it's expensive or can we get the enhancements first?
Pikachu's gear is worth 140g (so it'll sell for 70g), and he has 55g in his pocket. The cheapest Enhancement we can purchase is worth 30g, so we should definitely have enough money for it.

dwarf74 posted:

Red Guard will need a house rule for GH Base to add an Armor perk in one of several ways, but that's okay.
Yeah JotL simplifies certain things and we may have to houserule a few details (so for example its classes don't have the "ignore penalties from items" Perk since no item in JotL inflicts penalties; same for "Ignore negative scenario effects"). Another popular house rule is to include the new characters in the "if you have XYZ character" Road/City events when the important factor is the race (IE: if the event lists all the Inox characters from the base box, it'll work even if you have the Hatchet).

dwarf74 posted:

As a note, anything after L5 for Jaws is a spoiler, so we'll need that note when we get there, but that's okay!
Also this! Even if these classes are for the most part considered "starter" ones, everything from L5 onward is sealed, so all that will have to follow the same Spoiler rules we are enacting for the sealed content from the big box (aka: do not discuss it, not even in spoiler tags).

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 8, 2020

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
MVP: Hubris
Pikachu's retirement:A
JOTL classes: B

Thanks That Italian Guy for running this, that was a lot of fun, and that was a challenging scenario. Superterranean, good playing with you!

I'd happily put my name back in the rotation to play again some time.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

ChocolatePancake posted:

Thanks That Italian Guy for running this, that was a lot of fun, and that was a challenging scenario. Superterranean, good playing with you!

Hooray for teamwork! And yes, I'd like back in the rotation too :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ChocolatePancake posted:

:agreed:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to long rest in the intervening turns, to get my battle goal. I'd given up on it, and then TIG gave it to me anyway because of the wound early. I could have saved myself some brain work :v:

I feel a little bad about not having been able to use a fat Scurry for loot in that middle room. oh well.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Superterranean posted:

I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to long rest in the intervening turns, to get my battle goal. I'd given up on it, and then TIG gave it to me anyway because of the wound early. I could have saved myself some brain work :v:

Ahaha yeah, you got it at the beginning because you were Wounded while Long Resting :D

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XX, Update 1
We are going to retire Pikachu, unlock Circles/Ubisoft and add the 4 classes from Jaws of the Lion to the pool!

City Event 8, resolution posted:

Effect: We unlock Scenario 93 - Sunken Vessel.
Since we are about to retire him, Pikachu is picking up the tab! (35g left).

Retirement - Pikachu, the Beast Tyrant.
Pikachu buys 2 random Enhancements (no need to vote on this unless we plan on having another BT in the LP). Having completed his Personal Quest, Pikachu is announcing his retirement as soon as we step back into Gloomhaven. This event has several consequences:
  • We unlock the character at the bottom of the completed Personal Quest, Circles!

Circles posted:

NOTE: I'm adding spoiler tags here (and these details will be spoiled in the OP) cause it's the first time we encounter this class and I don't want someone to accidentally spoil themselves without realizing it. From now on, though, this class can be freely discussed ITT and future post will not spoil content related to it.

The Aesther Summoner

The Summoner...summons :v: It has a card similar to the SW Reviving Ether that allows her to recover her Lost summon cards so that she can truly spam the board with critters. It functions mostly as a support and damage dealer class and offer some "tanking" capability as well by presenting more bodies for the enemy to focus. She's an Aesther, same as Hail.

• Before retiring the character we can perform other Town actions. Pikachu Donates once to the Sanctuary.
  • Once the character retires, the City gains 1 Prosperity.

• The PQ that has been completed is removed from the game.
  • Each new character in what was in Pikachu 's "character slot" starts with 1 additional Perk already unlocked. (This is normally tied to players, but we're going to keep track of "slots" instead for the sake of the LP).
  • We add several City and Road events to the relevant piles (based on the retired character). In the case of the Beast Tyrant, we add City and Road Events #58; In the case of Circles, we add City and Road Events #33. We also shuffle both piles.
  • In any case, the new character will start at a Level equal to the current Town Prosperity (4, at the moment).

Jaws of the Lion classes
We have voted to add these 4 classes to the pool! I'm not including a full guide cause, as mentioned before, each of these classes has a sealed component that unlocks at Level 5 so please no spoilers on that content! Level 1-4 cards can be freely discussed instead.

The Red Guard posted:

Reddit resources

The Red Guard is a very mobile and flexible character: he can tank (in the general GH sense), he can deal damage both in melee and at range, he can manipulate his own and the enemies' positions on the battlefield. He revolves around the Fire and Light elements and has both slow and fast inititiative cards, allowing for a MT like 1-2 punch action. He's a Valrath, same as Jakserah.

The Hatchet posted:

Reddit resources

The Inox Hatchet is ranged damage dealer specialized in throwing...hatchets at people. Or hitting people with hatchets, in certain cases. He has a unique mechanic called "The Favorite" - he literally has a favorite hatchet that causes more damage when used, but then gets stuck into fool and need to be recovered before it can be used again.

The Voidwarden posted:

Reddit resources

The Human Voidwarden is all about messing with the enemies (by moving them around or making them attack each other) or helping your party (by...moving them around or making them attack the enemies). She also comes with a suite of buffs (Heals/Blesses/Strenghten) or debuffs (Stun/Disarm/Curse) that are often double-edge swords: she may Heal you for 5, but also Poison you - but if she removes Poison from you, you get a Bless! Or she may allow you do attack an enemy for a ton, but you get damaged in the process. Or Stun an enemy, but Curse herself. You got the gist.

The Demolitionist posted:

Reddit resources

The Quatryl Demolitionist is some kind of rocket powered cross between the theme of the Tinkerer and the Cragheart ability to interact with obstacles. She has a lot of cards that revolve around Obstacles and Walls - punching people into Walls doing extra damage, exploding Obstacles to get buffs, etc. Some of her mechanics revolve around "Rubble Piles" (remains of destroyed obstacles, count as an empty hex otherwise).

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We have followed the Voice in the Echo Chamber - it has asked us to recover a hidden vessel for it, in order to be able to leave this world. The vessel is hidden in the Decrepit Wood (32). This Scenario is in the Lingering Swamp and qualifies for Master Splinter's Personal Quest

If instead we don't trust the Voice, we can try to get to the bottom of what exactly it is, instead of just meddling with powers we do not understand. Maybe we can find some more answers in the Shrine of the Depths (30)

- While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

- We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We can longer follow the Drake's Request (since we have killed it); so we can't access the Savvas Armory (33) at the moment...but if we were to follow the voice in the Echo Chamber, perhaps?

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 27 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario
  2. Road Event outcome, A or B!
  3. The Next Scenario to attempt.
  4. New Class: don't forget that on top of Circles and the 4 Jaws of the Lion classes, we have unlocked Angry Face and we have the remaining starter classes from the base set too (Tinkerer and Scoundrel). You can find the details for them HERE.

Thanks to ChocolatePancake and Superterrean for playing, and thanks to everyone else who has participated! Hope you had fun. I've sent out PMs to Reik and Some Numbers since they are our next players (and to SalTheBard and Elephant Ambush to sub in if someone can't make it). The Goonmind will control Master Splinter during our next Scenario :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 11, 2020

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Road Event outcome: A
The Next Scenario: 23
New Class: Angry Face Let's make a party of all damage dealers!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I vote Red Guard!

It's IMO the best-designed class in the game, and would synergize pretty well with our existing party.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I vote Red Guard because the new classes are new and our party could use a 10 hp class.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ChocolatePancake posted:

I agree with all these. Angry Face is my favorite class.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Demolitionist

and Scenario 93!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

I vote Red Guard because the new classes are new and our party could use a 10 hp class.

As you may have noticed, most (all?) classes have a standard HP growth. As Reik has mentioned, the Red Guard, starting with 10, would have 16HP at level 4.

Also, as a reminder:
:siren:
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Railroad Ink game we have going over here :)
:siren:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ChocolatePancake posted:

Yeah, this gets my vote

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Road event B
Next Scenario 23
New class Demolitionist. I really wanted to see what circles could do but I followed the link to the guide and that writer says he's played it to level 9 three times wanting to like it and its his least favorite class in the game. Unfortunately that bears out with how it played when I unlocked it, and its really a step back from beast tyrant. Demo looks like fun and its the least likely to get played in my scenarios so I'll vote for that. I did hear red guard and hatchet are awesome though.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

bagrada posted:

Road event B
Next Scenario 23
New class Demolitionist. I really wanted to see what circles could do but I followed the link to the guide and that writer says he's played it to level 9 three times wanting to like it and its his least favorite class in the game. Unfortunately that bears out with how it played when I unlocked it, and its really a step back from beast tyrant. Demo looks like fun and its the least likely to get played in my scenarios so I'll vote for that. I did hear red guard and hatchet are awesome though.

Circles played well is one of the most powerful classes in the game, and I have seen it played well. It's a bit like the Beast Tyrant but more adaptable and without all your "eggs" in a single bear basket. But it does rely on careful play, having other characters to meat-wall a bit, and works best with some synergies not available to the current group. (For example, there's a bit of synergy with Beast Tyrant, because Circles can leverage the bear for shenanigans.)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XX,Update 2 and Scenario 23 Preamble.

Vote Results posted:

• Our MVP for Scenario 82 is Lina Megumin Inverse, as piloted by ChocolatePancake! Honorable mention: the Hubris.
  • Prepare your spelunking gear, cause next we're headed to the Deep Ruins (23)!
  • The new member of the Torch Thieves, with a narrow majority, is an Orchid Doomstalker!

• Forgot to mention: our Spellweaver now has 1/2 Personal Quest progression! (Experience 2 characters achieving their Personal Quest; unlocks Music Note)
Our new party members need some finishing touches before joining up with the party:
  • A name to strike fear into our enemies.
  • Five Perks: our new Doomstalker gets 3 Perks for being level 4, and two more since we have retired two characters in this slot (Bullwinkle and Pikachu).
  • Three level up cards: one has to be up to level 2, one up to level 3 and the last one up to level 4.

• Items/Enhancements: we have 75 gold to spend to equip our Doomstalker. You can consult the Market List and the Enhancement Rules here.
  • A Personal Quest between these two:
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 27, resolution posted:

Effect: Lina Megumin makes short work of those pesky logs. No effect!
Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 23 - Deep Ruins

Scenario 23 - Deep Ruins - Location posted:

These Ruins lie deep beneath Gloomhaven's sewer system.

Who could have built this?

Scenario 23 - Deep Ruins - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 23 before starting it:
Links to:nothing!
Requirements: None.
Goal: Occupy all pressure plates simultaneously.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 23 - Deep Ruins - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Stone Golems:

Ancient Artillery

Living Bones:

Living Spirits:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 23 - Deep Ruins - Introduction posted:

Deciding to brave the dark passages beneath the Gloomhaven sewers, you light a torch and head deeper down. Ruined brickwork eventually gives way to passages made of intricate stone in a state of extreme disrepair.
You see an unrecognizable runic language etched into the walls. It would be hard to read even if you knew the language because of all the fractures and missing chunks of stone.
Following the passage, you eventually make your way to a larger room full of ruined machinery you cannot begin to understand. You see a door on the opposite wall, but as you step forward, a clanging sound rings out through the room, almost like an alarm. Then the machinery moves and springs to life, clearly intent on attacking any intruders. That would be you.
Scenario Special Rules
- Add three (-1) cards to each character’s attack modifier deck as a scenario effect

Players spaw tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

SalTheBard and Reik please provide (NOTE - this is probably going to take a day longer for Reik, since they don't know which cards the Doomstalker is going to have until the voting is over):
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

The Goonmind should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
- Feral: Have the most cards in your lost pile at the end of the scenario. Rewards:✓
- Pincushion: Get attacked by three or more monsters in the same round. Rewards:✓

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 10, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

A name to strike fear into our enemies.

Bo

quote:

Five Perks: our new Doomstalker gets 3 Perks for being level 4, and two more since we have retired two characters in this slot (Bullwinkle and Pikachu).

Ignore negative scenario effects
Remove 2 -1s
Remove 2 -1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s

quote:

Three level up cards: one has to be up to level 2, one up to level 3 and the last one up to level 4.

Expose
Press The Attack
Flight of Flame

quote:

Gear

Minor Stamina Potion
Boots of Striding
Volatile Bomb

quote:

A Personal Quest between these two:

Greed is Good

Edit: Oh poo poo I missed the money/gear thing.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 10, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Doomstalker name: Boris, to continue the Rocky&Bullwinkle theme.

Perks:
2x Remove -1
2x Rollover Add Target
1x Ignore Negative Scenario Effects

Levelling cards:
Expose
Press the Attack
Flight of Flame

Items:
Eagle-eye Goggles
Boots of Striding

Personal Quest:
Pounds of Flesh

point of note: the top pressure plate in the bottom, hexagonal room does not exist for 3 players - so no weird faffing required other than needing to have the party split.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I'm terrible at names so I'll pass on that.

Ignore negative scenario effects, remove two -1 cards (2x), replace two +0 with two +1 (1x), add one +2 Muddle

Expose, Press the Attack, Flight of Flame

Minor and Major Stamina Potions

Greed is Good

For Splinter, I would take the Feral battle goal, and swap Gnawing Horde out for Frigid Apparition. (She has plenty of movement already, and more good bottom actions than top actions).

Starting anywhere is fine; Splinter would probably go fast, set up Mind's Weakness and stun the golem.

Is the scenario level right? Normal for characters of this level would be 3; 4 is hard and 5 is very hard.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 10, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Phelddagrif posted:

I'm terrible at names so I'll pass on that.

Ignore negative scenario effects, remove two -1 cards (2x), replace two +0 with two +1 (1x), add one +2 Muddle

Expose, Press the Attack, Flight of Flame

Minor and Major Stamina Potions

Greed is Good

For Splinter, I would take the Feral battle goal, and swap Gnawing Horde out for Frigid Apparition. (She has plenty of movement already, and more good bottom actions than top actions).

Starting anywhere is fine; Splinter would probably go fast, set up Mind's Weakness and stun the golem.

Is the scenario level right? Normal for characters of this level would be 3; 4 is hard and 5 is very hard.

oh right, stam pots! stam pots instead of boots, for my item vote.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Perks:
Remove 2 -1s
Remove 2 -1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s

Cards:
Expose
Press The Attack
Flight of Flame

Gear:
Minor Stamina Potion
Major Stamina Potion
Boots of Striding

Quest:
Greed is Good

For Splinter, I agree with swapping Gnawing Horde out for Frigid Apparition, go fast, set up Mind's Weakness and stun the golem

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

You are right, we should be playing at Scenario Level 4 (Party Level +1). Fixing the monster stats as we speak!

Our current levels are:
- 7 (Master Splinter).
- 5 (Lina Megumin Inverse)
- 4 (Unnamed Doomstalker)
For a total of 16.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
For Personal Quest I vote Pound of Flesh for two reasons:

1. Greed of Good is very annoying because you have to choose between buying equipment or retiring sooner. Also makes enhancements a real feelsbad since they can't be sold for half value and thus delay retirement.
2. The other personal quest that unlocks Lightning Bolt is incredibly annoying, so I'd rather unlock it with Pound of Flesh.

For all the other choices:

Perks:
Remove 2 -1s
Remove 2 -1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s
Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s

Cards:
Expose
Press The Attack
Flight of Flame

Gear:
Minor Stamina Potion
Major Stamina Potion
Boots of Striding

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Greed is Good is fine because the Doomstalker has a non-loss top Loot 1 and doesn't require a lot of expensive gear to be effective. It also unlocks 3 Spears which is lmao broken as gently caress.
And I say that as someone whose second favorite class in the game is Lightning Bolts. So for Doomstalker retiring faster basically means forgoing enhancements, which kinda sucks, but it's not like this thread is super fast are we're going to have a bunch of future Doomstalker players any time soon.

Personally I'd delay retirement and buy enhancements but that's just me because I love this class to death but I have no problems going with the majority here. I have my own hyper-enhanced Doomstalker right here at my house I can play with anytime :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm flexible on starting position, do we want me up front to help take some early hits? Once we get passed the first room I'll probably be near the back of the group most of the time so if I take some damage early it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Do we want to try and go quick and knock out at least one of the artillery before they go?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Greed is Good because I want to see goons break three spears, but that's months in the future.

Looks like there's a gooncensus on perks and ability cards so I'll vote with the majority.

I'll concur on both stam pots (gonna be painful switching to the frosthaven version when that comes out. does jaws of the lion use old or new stam pots?) and the boots.

Only name that comes to mind is Thulsa Dooooom with a variable number of o's but Boris works too.

Feral battle goal though it might be rough competing with the spellweaver.

We usually dealt with artillery just by staying out of range but that won't work in this mission for the first few rounds.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Doomstalker Mini-update
These are the options the thread has vote for!

Doomstalker posted:

1. Our new Doomstalker will be named Boris!
  2. The five Perks with most votes are:
    - Ignore negative scenario effects
    - Remove 2 -1s (x2)
    - Replace 2 +0s with 2 +1s (x2)

3. These are the level up Cards selected:
    - Expose [Lvl2]
    - Press The Attack [Lvl3]
    - Flight of Flame [Lvl4]

4. Our Doomstalker will start with these Items (we save 3g due to our Reputation reducing prices by 1):
    - Minor Stamina Potion (9g)
    - Major Stamina Potion (29g)
    - Boots of Striding (19g)
    - 18g left!

5. His Personal Quest is: Greed is Good.
Updates Party Sheet

Reik and SalTheBard you can now reply to the PM :) Also people itt don't forget to vote for our MT hand, Battle Goal, starting position and Round 1A orders!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Oh also I doublechecked and I've missed something quite important: the Decrepit Wood (32) is in the Lingering Swamp and qualifies for Master Splinter's Personal Quest.

If we complete that Scenario in the future (and then complete Scenario 61) we will unlock Eclipse/Midnight AND complete our Spellweaver's PQ as well, unlocking Music Note.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

bagrada posted:

I'll concur on both stam pots (gonna be painful switching to the frosthaven version when that comes out. does jaws of the lion use old or new stam pots?) and the boots.

Jaws uses the new potion (so just one card).

Protip after having played Forgotten Circles with the new potions: don’t.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

Jaws uses the new potion (so just one card).

It looks like everything aside from GH itself (JotL, Frosthaven, GH Digital) is using the "reduced efficay" Stamina Potions. The no-nerf ones make the game more forgiving in the planning phase - you can always pick up your next Round's cards from the discard pile if a "oh poo poo" moment happens. I've considered using the nerfed version for the LP (heck, we may have even voted on this, but it's been too long to remember), but I think the no-nerf potions are a bit more interesting for this format since A) You may be playing a character you've never seen before, so planning ahead may be problematic and B) Flashier moves make for more interesting games. You an always crank up the Scenario difficulty if the game becomes too easy.

EDIT: looking at the very first post of the thread, I've also just realised that I've made a mistake when naming the party "The Torch Thieves", since Reik's suggestion was "The Torch Bandits" :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 11, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Torch Thieves is better anyways

We did vote and voted "nah"

We can always increase difficulty more if needed.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Narsham posted:

ftfy

FC almost destroyed my playgroup's desire to play GH. Marcel is not a good designer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'd like to start in D3 if there's no issue with that, attempting to knock out artillery 4 before it can go.

That Italian Guy posted:

It looks like everything aside from GH itself (JotL, Frosthaven, GH Digital) is using the "reduced efficay" Stamina Potions. The no-nerf ones make the game more forgiving in the planning phase - you can always pick up your next Round's cards from the discard pile if a "oh poo poo" moment happens. I've considered using the nerfed version for the LP (heck, we may have even voted on this, but it's been too long to remember), but I think the no-nerf potions are a bit more interesting for this format since A) You may be playing a character you've never seen before, so planning ahead may be problematic and B) Flashier moves make for more interesting games. You an always crank up the Scenario difficulty if the game becomes too easy.

EDIT: looking at the very first post of the thread, I've also just realised that I've made a mistake when naming the party "The Torch Thieves", since Reik's suggestion was "The Torch Bandits" :v:

Zulily Zoetrope referred to it as "The Torch Thieves" on page 2 and everyone went with that. I was just happy someone liked it, though.

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 11, 2020