Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm going to Doom the elite Harrower and do the thing where when a doomed enemy dies the Doom moves to an enemy with range 2

For Splinter I like the plan of using the 2 cards we just recovered and going on the later initiative

Boris is probably going to take a beating but at this point I don't have a lot of great options unless I rest or use another stamina potion

Agree, Splinter should use the 2 cards just retrieved. Let's see what the harrowers do! Does Lina still have Cold Fire available for stun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decrepit Wood, Round 6A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

That was a close call!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Cold Fire.
(Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, (STRENGTHEN) Range1"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"
Boris (Hand6, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Frightening Curse.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."

"FRIGHTENING CURSE (37) [Lvl1]
TOP: The next 3 times a Doomed enemy dies within Range 2 of another enemy, transfer 1 Doom to that enemy instead of discarding it. XP1 on each activation - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, force all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions  - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."
Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 79 with Feedback Loop and Corrupting Embrace.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So gonna go with Splinter does the muddling jump and then double shanks imp 1 to kill it? followed by a short rest

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Just according to keikaku. The Infesters will not be a concern this round, and only Blimp 1 will be able to reach a player (me). :boom:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

wow, that was a close call on both ends of the initiative range! I bet those Harrowers feel really fuckin frustrated right now.

Does it make sense for Splinter to move to E3 instead of muddling, to potentially get out of the room next round at ratspeed and not take all the ranged poison hits there are?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo :stonk:

After Lina acts I want to Doom the elite Harrower and apply Frightening Curse. I want them to play Hot Potato with that Doom and melt fools.

Do we want Splinter to attack the elite Harrower or the elite Imp?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decrepit Wood, Round 6B

- None!

- Burning Avatar focuses Harrower Infester 1! Attacks Harrower Infester 1 for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Harrower Infester 1 is at 1 HP.
FIRE is now strong.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (bot)! HEAL3, Self. Gains STRENGTHENED.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 10 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! Consumes ICE and FIRE. Attacks Harrower Infester 1 with ADVANTAGE for 2 (3base, -1/-2mod) damage! Attacks Harrower Infester 2 with ADVANTAGE for 5 (3base, +2FIRE/NULLmod) damage! Attacks Harrower Infester 3(E) with ADVANTAGE for 4 (3base, +1/+1mod) damage!
Harrower Infester 1 is killed!
Harrower Infester 2 is at 2 HP and is STUNNED!
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 10 HP and is STUNNED!
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Mana Bolt, Engulfed in Flames and Cold Fire.
FIRE is now strong.

:boom::boom::boom:
Not relevant this Round, but the Burining Avatar creates FIRE at the end of their turn, so the SW is going to consume it during hers. The good news: the SW can consume the element her Summon creates - so as long as the Burning Avatar is alive, Lina Megumin will always have FIRE available. Also in case of doubt: the Summon follows monster AI, so it'll prioritize Harrower 1 over 2 if they are at the same distance (and would prioritize 3 cause it's Elite if it was at the same distance as well).

7. Harrower Infester posted:

They are all dead/stunned! They lose the STUNNED token.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Boris uses Race to the Grave (bot)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Frightening Curse (top)! Persistent Bonus: The next 3 times a Doomed enemy dies within Range 2 of another enemy, transfer 1 Doom to that enemy instead of discarding it. Gain 1XP on each activation.

76. Black Imp posted:

- Black Imp 2(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! No action taken!
- Black Imp 4(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! No action taken!
- Black Imp 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 8 HP and is STRENGTHENED and POISONED.
- Black Imp 3 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! No action taken!

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (top)! Attacks Black Imp 2(E) for 0 (1base, rollingSTUN, rolling+1,NULLmod, +2bonus) damage! Attacks Black Imp 1 for 5 (1base, +2'mod, +2bonus) damage!
Black Imp 2(E) is at 1 HP and is STUNNED and POISONED!
Black Imp 1 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Movement TBD!
Master Splinter loses INVISIBILE token.

There were 3 proposed targets for Master Splinter and I couldn't see one that looked clearly better than the others, so I rolled a die to decide who to attack (Imp2); then it felt like a good idea to try and kill Imp1 with a +2 modifier since Imp2 got STUNNED. There were also a couple of suggested options for our MT's movement and since she's acting last, I'll let the thread decide where to go. Same for the decision between Major Stamina Potion and Short Rest.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled.
- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled.
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled.
- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I think Splinter should move to E3, so as to be in position to stab the elite imp 4 next turn; Splinter should also short rest this turn.

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 21, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I only have 2 cards left so I'm going to play them. I'm going to attack the elite Harrower and maybe reposition a little.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I vote short rest and save stamina for the final room.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I am also just gonna toss some more fireballs in there, until we're free from the infesters-

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Spliter to E3!
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Cranium Overload (unless you want me to reroll it).

Apologies, I was unable to do this earlier! Please send your MT orders itt :)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

That Italian Guy posted:

Spliter to E3!
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Cranium Overload (unless you want me to reroll it).

Apologies, I was unable to do this earlier! Please send your MT orders itt :)

Cranium Overload's a strong card, I think we should reroll it.

For cards, Corrupting Embrace & Dark Frenzy, at initiative 10, replacing whichever gets lost with Cranium Overload if the reroll hits one of them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Superterranean posted:

Cranium Overload's a strong card, I think we should reroll it.

For cards, Corrupting Embrace & Dark Frenzy, at initiative 10, replacing whichever gets lost with Cranium Overload if the reroll hits one of them.

I'd prefer not to risk losing Corrupting Embrace since it's a reusable double attack. I would also not want to lose Feedback Loop since it's one of our only slow cards that also has a jump. I can handle losing Cranium Overload.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'd prefer not to risk losing Corrupting Embrace since it's a reusable double attack. I would also not want to lose Feedback Loop since it's one of our only slow cards that also has a jump. I can handle losing Cranium Overload.

fair reasoning! let's just let CO go then.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Not sure how many heads we are going to be exploding at this point anyway. I'm fine with no CO and the proposed attack plan.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decrepit Wood, Round 6A

- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Cranium Overload.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 10 with Dark Frenzy and Corrupting Embrace.

10. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"DARK FRENZY (10) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK2 - Consume ICE, +2ATK, XP1 - Consume DARK, +2ATK, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - ATK3, Range3 - Generate ICE - XP1"

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
Boris (Hand4, Discarded5, Active3, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and Rain of Arrows.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2."

"RAIN OF ARROWS (33) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: the next four times a Doomed enemy dies, perform an ATK2, Range5 action. - XP1 on 1st and 3rd activation - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card."
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 44 with Engulfed in Flames and Aid from the Ether.
(Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2)

44. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS"

"AID FROM THE ETHER (91) [LvlX]
TOP: HEAL3, Range3
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range(3)) - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Move next to the unstunned elite imp, ping the elite harrower, go ham?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Omobono posted:

Move next to the unstunned elite imp, ping the elite harrower, go ham?

That Heal5 is a bitch. I think it might be better to ping the normal harrower instead, to kill it. Otherwise, agree

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lets go with getting up and personal with the imp and elite, long range swinging on the nonelite harvester and FULL HAMHOCK on the elite.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If we kill the elite harrower then the normal is also dead from doom contagion. (Then the doom goes away but :shrug:)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

ok, so to kill the normal harrower from doom contagion we'd need to get 8 damage into the elite. Splinter's going to do 3.5ish on average, given the state of her combat deck; that leaves 4.5ish for Boris to do. Press the Attack does 4.5ish easily - so...let's hit the elite! thanks, Omobono, I hadn't thought of that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well technically I go before Splinter since my second card is faster. So what I could do is shoot the normal Harrower and likely kill it. If I kill it then we go all-in on the elite. At the very least if we can poison it it won't be able to heal. Also, if the regular Harrower dies first, the elite will pass the Doom onto the Imp at the top right.

So I'm going to shoot at the normal Harrower and if it dies we go ham on the elite, otherwise we should poison the elite to prevent healing and then try to kill the normal Harrower.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I will throw a fireball at an Infester. If there are none by the time my turn rolls around, I shall instead throw a fireball at an imp.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decrepit Wood, Round 7B

- Master Splinter should be in E3!

- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Harrower Infester 2 with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/+0mod) damage!
Harrower Infester 2 is killed!
- Boris uses Rain of Arrows (bot)! No action taken!
Boris uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers A Moment's Peace, Flight of Flame and Press the Attack.

10. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Dark Frenzy (bot)! Attacks Harrower Infester 3(E) for 3 (1base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 7 HP and is DOOMED!
- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (top)! Attacks Black Imp 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (1base, +0/+2ICEmod, +2bonus) damage! Attacks Black Imp 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 5 (1base, rolling STUN,+1mod/rolling +1,+2, +2bonus, POISON) damage! Gains 1XP.
Black Imp 4(E) is at 8 HP and is POISONED!
Black Imp 4(E) is at 3 HP and is POISONED, MUDDLED and STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

Rolling modifiers and Advantage/Disadvantage are a mess in GH, so we'll use common sense to handle them IE: in case of advantage we'll pick the best outcome, in case of disadvantage we'll pick the worst outcome. We will always pick the highest/lowest damage to determine what's best/worst, and if the super rare case where we have other effects we'll go case by case. In this case, we have +1STUN vs +3, so we pick +1STUN since we are attacking with Disadvantage.

16. Harrower Infester posted:

- Harrower Infester 3(E) suffers 2 DOOM damage!
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 5 HP and is DOOMED!
- Harrower Infester 3(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves1 to G3. Attacks Master Splinter for 5 (3base, +1mod, POISON) damage. HEAL5, Self!
Master Splinter is at 7 HP and is POISONED!
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 10 HP and is DOOMED!

37. Black Imp posted:

- Black Imp 2(E) focuses Master Splinter! Loses STUNNED token.
- Black Imp 4(E) focuses Master Splinter! Loses MUDDLED and STUNNED token.
- Black Imp 3 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 3 (2base, POISON) damage.
Master Splinter is at 4 HP and is POISONED!

44. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Burning Avatar focuses Harrower Infester 3(E)! Attacks Harrower Infester 3(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 7 HP and is DOOMED!
FIRE is now strong.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Engulfed in Flames (top)! Attacks Harrower Infester 3(E) with ADVANTAGE for 6 (4base, +2ICEmod) damage!
Harrower Infester 3(E) is at 1 HP and is DOOMED!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Aid from the Ether (bot)! Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range(3)) in door hex. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
ICE is now strong.
FIRE is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- FIRE is now waning.
- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 24, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Yikes, Splinter took a beating. Time to at least get rid of the poison and back up!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Well I think that went sort of ok?

We have some cards to heal up splinter right?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 24, 2021

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That harrower should be dead. It went from 10 down to 7 when 3 damage occurred. But then from 7 down to 2 when 6 damage occurred. Should've been 1HP, which means it'd have died on Lina's turn.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

FairGame posted:

That harrower should be dead. It went from 10 down to 7 when 3 damage occurred. But then from 7 down to 2 when 6 damage occurred. Should've been 1HP, which means it'd have died on Lina's turn.

not sure about this - Splinter stabbed the imp elite, not the harrower elite.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

Wait I'm confused. The Harrower this turn:
  • Started at 10.
  • Got attacked for 3 by Splinter (7).
  • Suffered 2 Doom damage (5).
  • Healed for 5 (10).
  • Got attacked by the Burning Avatar for 3 (7).
  • Got attacked by the SW for 6 (1).
Did I miss something?

E: ah I've noticed I've marked the HP twice for some reason (once after the Summon for some reason), but the correct one should be 1HP.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Well, something was wrong, anyway :v:

I swear this game (the game, including when I play it; not TIG's implementation of it) has more mistakes in gameplay and following the rules than anything I've ever played and I still love it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I thought Splinter was going to poison the elite Harrower to prevent the healing but things worked out fine anyway.

The elite Harrower isn't getting another turn so we can ignore it other than it basically being an obstacle. Having said that I'm going to attack it anyway at a fast initiative then move into the room and clear my poison. If the Harrower goes before me and dies I'll move into the room and shoot elite Imp 4 to try to kill it. If those are are both dead for some reason I'll plink imp 3.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well I thought Splinter was going to poison the elite Harrower to prevent the healing but things worked out fine anyway.

There were conflicting orders itt about Splinter's target; also Splinter would be quite dead (or she would have had to lose card(s) to damage) due to Retaliate3 on each of those two Attack 1s :v:

Btw, I'm missing orders for Master Splinter! I would like to update today if possible, so any input is appreciated :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Move at 11

Mass hysteria, Empathic assault, we are going to clear our wounds and pew pew pew.

Also use the talismin to get the shoes back so that we can get out of retaliate range.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Move at 11

Mass hysteria, Empathic assault, we are going to clear our wounds and pew pew pew.

Also use the talismin to get the shoes back so that we can get out of retaliate range.

Seconded.

Though the harrower is dead on its turn from doom so retaliate range is not a problem. Getting the shoes back is still a good idea.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decrepit Wood, Round 8A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand3, Discarded1, Active2, Lost2) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Cold Fire.
(Hand3, Discarded1, Active2, Lost2)

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, (STRENGTHEN) Range1"

"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"
Boris (Hand4, Discarded5, Active3, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and A Moment's Peace.

code:
"PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2."

"A MOMENT'S PEACE (88) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2, Self"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Mass Hysteria.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self (BLESS)"

"MASS HYSTERIA (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK1, Range4, Target4 - MUDDLE - Generate ICE - XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others "

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

There were conflicting orders itt about Splinter's target; also Splinter would be quite dead (or she would have had to lose card(s) to damage) due to Retaliate3 on each of those two Attack 1s :v:

Btw, I'm missing orders for Master Splinter! I would like to update today if possible, so any input is appreciated :)

Ah I keep forgetting the Harrowers have retaliate. :doh:

Anyway this is gonna be a heckin complicated turn with a decision tree based on "what died during the last turn?"

Basically I'm moving into the room and clearing my poison while attacking....whatever I can reach.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Since advantage/disadvantage is being house-ruled, I feel it would be a good idea to write up a brief description of how it works using RAW, for anyone playing their own copy.

First we'll look at what happens when there are no rolling modifiers.

When you're attacking with advantage, you draw two cards and use whichever one is better. With disadvantage, you use whichever card is worse. Sometimes it's ambiguous which of the two cards is better; in those cases, you use whichever card was drawn first. Some examples of ambiguous cases:

+3 or +2 and create Fire
+3 or +0 and Stun
+2 or x2, when doing an Attack 2

Rolling modifiers add just a little bit of complication. Now the procedure looks like this:

-First, draw two cards.
-If neither card is rolling, stop and use whichever is better/worse as described above.
-If one card is rolling and the other is not, stop. If you have advantage, use both cards; if disadvantaged, ignore the rolling card and just use the other. (Note that it doesn't matter which order the cards were drawn; if the second card was a rolling one, you still stop there.)
-If both cards are rolling, keep drawing until you hit a non-rolling card, then stop. With advantage you apply all the cards, and with disadvantage you just use the non-rolling card.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Note that Jaws lets you pick for Advantage in ambiguous circumstances, and Isaac posted over on BGG that that's reasonable to port backwards to GH.

(Disadvantage is still pick worst/first)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Note that Jaws lets you pick for Advantage in ambiguous circumstances, and Isaac posted over on BGG that that's reasonable to port backwards to GH.

(Disadvantage is still pick worst/first)
Yeah JotL and (presumably) FH are going to use a more sensible approach, but GH base works as per Phelddagrif's post. It is often houseruled by using a 2 deck system, if someone wants to explain that (I don't use it and I have to say I never got around to understand the system since it was not really applicable to my group due to card limitations).