Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Boris got the boots back, he can jump straight to the chest and loot it next turn with a short rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Omobono posted:

Boris got the boots back, he can jump straight to the chest and loot it next turn with a short rest.

So I guess Boris' plan is loot, jump, rest and loot again next turn ending the scenario.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I still have 2 move worth of jump left, so theoretically I could finish my jump to D1, then use my loot 2 to grab the final chest next round.

The other option would be to retreat a bit, brain pop a snake, and then work through the enemies normally for more xp/loot. With two of us retiring though, I'm not sure that would make much difference?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Let boris loot since he is staying, go for as much murder with splinter as possible.

I agree with Boris looting, jumping with boots to the last chest and short resting, protecting a moments peace.

Next turn, fastest remaining card and a moment's peace to loot for the win

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Sent in a tentative second turn of orders just to speed this along if you're planning on ending the map next turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Fading Lighthouse, Conclusion

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Corrupting Embrace (bot)! Jumps2 to top stairs.
- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (top)! Kills Giant Viper 2!
DARK is now strong.
Giant Viper 2 is killed!

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Burning Avatar focuses Ooze 9! Moves2 to C5. Attacks Ooze 9 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 9 is at 7 HP.
FIRE is now strong.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to bot stairs.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (top)! Consumes FIRE. Attacks Ooze 9 for 5 (3base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage!
- Lina Megumin Inverse executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Cold Fire.
Ooze 9 is at 2 HP.

24. Flame Demons posted:

Is phased out!

32. Giant Vipers posted:

- Giant Viper 10 focuses Master Splinter! Moves3 to trap hex. Trap triggered! Suffers 6 trap damage.
Giant Viper 10 is killed!

88. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses A Moment's Peace (top)! LOOT1, loots Goal Tresure tile and 2 Coin tokens!
- Boris uses Flight of Flame (bot)! Jumps6 to F2.
- Borisexecutes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Flight of Flame.

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 1 splits but who cares!
- Ooze 3 suffers 2 damage! Summons Ooze 4 into hex F1.
- Ooze 9 suffers 2 damage and dies!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled.
- DARK is now waning.
Scenario Special Rules
The monsters in the scenario are split into two groups. Oozes and Giant Vipers constitute “Group 1.” Flame Demons and Frost Demons constitute “Group 2.”
During all odd rounds, starting with the first, only Group 1 monsters activate and can be affected by abilities. During these rounds, Group 2 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. All figures can move through hexes containing Group 2 monsters, but cannot end their movement in those hexes.
During even rounds, the exact opposite is the case. Group 2 monsters act normally, while Group 1 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. The treasure tiles can only be looted using a Loot action. They cannot be looted by normal end-of-turn looting.
Let's end this!

Fading Lighthouse, Round 13A

Scenario Special Rules
The monsters in the scenario are split into two groups. Oozes and Giant Vipers constitute “Group 1.” Flame Demons and Frost Demons constitute “Group 2.”
During all odd rounds, starting with the first, only Group 1 monsters activate and can be affected by abilities. During these rounds, Group 2 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. All figures can move through hexes containing Group 2 monsters, but cannot end their movement in those hexes.
During even rounds, the exact opposite is the case. Group 2 monsters act normally, while Group 1 monsters do not activate and are unaffected by all abilities. The treasure tiles can only be looted using a Loot action. They cannot be looted by normal end-of-turn looting.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Engulfed in Flames.

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, (STRENGTHEN) Range1

ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS
Master Splinter (Hand3, Discarded3, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Dark Frenzy.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1

DARK FRENZY (10) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK2 - Consume ICE, +2ATK, XP1 - Consume DARK, +2ATK, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - ATK3, Range3 - Generate ICE - XP1
Boris (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 10 with Press the Attack and A Moment's Peace.

10. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.

A MOMENT'S PEACE (88) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2, Self

Fading Lighthouse, Round 13B
  • Only the Flame Demon is active and it can't really prevent the players from winning.
  • Lina can't get close enough to trigger her BG (Masochist - end the Scenario below half HP) with her attack or by getting attacked (and the Demon will attack Splinter and Boris).
  • Splinter gains 1XP by using the bot of Dark Frenzy.
  • Boris has no bottom XP generators, so he LOOTS1 and ends the Scenario.
Also, I forgot to post this fluff piece when we opened the last room! (the automated setup has not placed the marker to remind me of it, for some reason)

When we open the last door posted:

You reach the top of the lighthouse with a stack of old journals under your arm. Scanning the floor, you see one more book lying precariously close to a Flame Demon. You also notice, however, the light source in the center of the room, slowly rotating and pulsing with an odd energy. You study it for a second, realizing that it seems to be rotating at the same frequency that the building is oscillating between planes. Perhaps if you could stop the rotation, you could ground the lighthouse in your own plane.
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

You grab the last book and then reach up and smash the beam. In a bright flash, all the monsters are sucked into another plane and the lighthouse falls silent, no longer fading in and out. You gather all the books and head back down to the ground floor to study them. They are mostly useless, but one of the books is exactly what you are looking for: a journal of a young girl who was in the lighthouse when it was changed. The text is old and the pages crumble, but you are able to make out some of the details. The girl, Eva, and many others fled from their city of Eastport when a horde of demons invaded. She expresses some confusion over exactly where the demons came from, but the details of the many horrors she witnessed are very clear. Many of her friends were torn apart or eaten alive. One of the head researchers of Eastport’s academy gathered all the survivors he could find and fled the city, hoping to hide out in this lighthouse. When it was clear that the demons had followed them and they had nowhere else to run, the researcher sent them all down to the hidden basement and attempted to perform an inter-planar ritual to save them. You close the journal. He wanted to escape the demons by transporting the entire lighthouse to another plane, but it is evident that, one way or another, the ritual went horribly wrong. The only thing left to do is investigate this hidden basement. (62)

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
Pit of Souls 62 (O-11)
Scenario Rewards
None!
Victory Rewards
+12XP each!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 61.
- Master Splinter: MarksmanKill a monster three or more hexes away from you.DarthRoblox has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Masochist*Your current hit point value must be equal to or less than 2 at the end of the scenario.DarthRoblox has not managed to accomplish the BG! .
- Boris: Hunter*Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario.DarthRoblox has managed to accomplish the BG! BG Completed, ✓

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 61are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=4 is worth 4 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: 19XP (New Total 456XP) and 4 gold (New Total 65 gold).
- Lina Megumin Inverse: 14XP (New Total 325XP) and 0 gold (New Total 50 gold).
- Boris: 15XP (New Total 210XP) and 24 gold (New Total 104 gold). Boris has enough experience to advance to Level 5!

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: Completed two Scenarios in the Lingering Swap (19, 32) (2/3), Unlock and complete Scenario 61 plot (1/2).
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Witnessed one ally retire (1/2).
- Boris: Have 200 gold (104/200).
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 30 posted:

I could put the next destination up to a vote, but there was a pretty united front for the Retirement Party, so I presume out next destination is going to be Scenario 62 - Pit of Souls.

Scenario 62 - Pit of Souls - Location posted:

As per the fluff, we're going down to the basement under the Fading Lighthouse.

Scenario 62 - Pit of Souls - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 62 before starting it:
Links to:Fading Lighthouse – #61
Requirements: “The Fall of Man” personal quest
Goal: Kill the Hungry Soul
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 62 - Pit of Souls - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the in the box cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various +1, -1, etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is Attack 4, an Attack -1 ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Living Bones:

Living Spirits:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
With Boris leveling up, our Scenario Level for Hard has been bumped up to 5! This means tougher monsters, more damaging Traps (7) and more victory XP (14).

Scenario 62 - Pit of Souls - Introduction posted:

It takes some searching, but after moving aside a large, overturned bookcase, you find a wooden hatch leading down into the dark. As you descend the rickety wooden ladder, a deep sense of foreboding envelops you. You shouldn’t be down here, but your curiosity presses you forward. You light a torch and investigate. As you begin to move through the room, you hear faint whispers coming from the shadows. Something crunches under your foot, and you look down at a mangled skeleton. The bones are covered in teeth marks and are scattered in an odd pattern across the floor. Suddenly, a piercing screech echoes through the basement. The spirits are angry and restless here. You see the bones begin to rattle and stand up. With whatever horrible fate that befell the people here, their souls have been unable to move on. You must put them to rest.
Scenario Special Rules

Players spaw tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario61!
- City Event outcome, A or B!
- Boris: NEW CARD and NEW PERK. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.

- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

A big thank you to our players,DarthRoblox and MarquiseMindfang; and of course to The Goonmind! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to Slaan and Phelddagrif to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 6, 2021

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Boris' New Perk: Replace Two +0s with two +1s
Boris' New Card: Inescable Fate (not sure this card is good, but I wasn't impressed by any of the others either)
Donations: Splinter and Lina donate
Market: Buy a Piercing Bow for Boris.
I know Boris has to save 200 gold, but a good way to damage shielded monsters might be worth delaying his retirement a bit.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
City Event: B (I'm thinking Boris can shoot him, if anyone can)
Boris' New Perk: Replace Two +0s with two +1s sounds good
Boris' New Card: Wild Command. For any non-boss enemy, one doom will be enough for them to be dead within two rounds anyway, and the bottom attack on Wild Command is quite good. There's also no range limitation on how far away you can doom an enemy, so this can let you take some amusing long distance shots.
Donations: I agree with Splinter and Lina donate
Market: I agree with Buy a Piercing Bow for Boris.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
City Event: A, definitely
New Card: Wild Command
New Perk: Replace two +0 with +1

Just for the sake of accuracy, that viper wouldn't have stepped on the trap; it would have moved to the coin hex and attacked Boris. It wouldn't have changed anything about the outcome, though.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 6, 2021

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
City Event: A
New Card: Wild Command
New Perk: Replace two +0 with +1
MVP: Boris, for actually bringing a reusable loot card to a scenario that needed one

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ChocolatePancake posted:

City Event: B (I'm thinking Boris can shoot him, if anyone can)
Boris' New Perk: Replace Two +0s with two +1s sounds good
Boris' New Card: Wild Command. For any non-boss enemy, one doom will be enough for them to be dead within two rounds anyway, and the bottom attack on Wild Command is quite good. There's also no range limitation on how far away you can doom an enemy, so this can let you take some amusing long distance shots.
Donations: I agree with Splinter and Lina donate
Market: I agree with Buy a Piercing Bow for Boris.

I agree with this plan

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Pit of Souls was definitely the mission where our Cragheart made it into a tower defense maze.

City Event: A
New Card: Wild Command should be fun to see in action since my party member took Inescapable Fate and would drop it on the biggest slowest thing available, usually an elite stone golem or earth elemental, then we'd ignore it until it died.
Market: the bow for our doomstalker
MVP: Boris

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
City Event: Option B.
New Card: Darkened Skies. I don't love either of the level 5 cards and with upcoming retirements, some more AOE may be a good idea depending on what classes we pick.
New Perk: Replace two +0s with two +1s.
Market: Let's buy the Piercing Bow for Boris. I also suggest he get a Hawk Helm.
MVP: Boris

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 6, 2021

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

TravelLog posted:

Market: Let's buy the Piercing Bow for Boris. I also suggest he get a Hawk Helm.

Good idea, I concur with the Hawk Helm for Boris as well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I can't decide on either, we have our own vermling which indicates A, we also have Boris which indicates B.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management XXIII and Scenario 62 Preamble.

Vote Results posted:

• MVP for Scenario 61: Boris!
  • Boris' New Perk: Replace Two +0s with two +1s

• Boris' New Card: Wild Command

• City Event: tied 3 to 3! Next vote decides.
  • Donations: Splinter and Lina donate 10g (current gold: 55 and 40 respectively); both receive 2xBLESS.

• Market: Boris buys a Piercing Bow and a Hawk Helm! (current gold: 54)

On our way to the next Scenario...

Road Event 33 posted:

Players spaw tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. City Event: outcome, A or B! First vote breaks the tie.
  2. Road Event: outcome, A or B!
Phelddagrif and Slaan please provide:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

The Goonmind (controlling Master Splinter) should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
  • Restless: Move at least one hex on each of your turns (except when long resting). Rewards:✓
  • Sleepless: Take damage during the same round you take a long rest. Rewards: ✓
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 7, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
city event: A
road event: A

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Road: B run away :gonk:

Splinter hand: Restless. Poor girl can't get a wink of sleep knowing she's retiring soon :(

I'll be deployed to the far left and going with moderate speed. Anyone feel like pulling that skelly into the trap on the bottom right?

Slaan fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 7, 2021

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Boris doesn't have a pull, I'm afraid.

I'm thinking I might try something a little unorthodox, and put down a trap at B2. Since we're getting an elite spawn every round, that should slow them down and give us more time to deal with them before they reach us.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Now that I see it, this is absolutely the map my buddy's cragheart made into a tower defense maze. It wasn't fun getting up top to get the chest.

If we're going to take Restless, maybe swap Perverse Edge for Fearsome Blade and push some skeletons into traps? Though we can still use the stun with scurry.
edit: we could also use Parasitic Influence to set off some traps, but again a bottom action that might conflict with our battle goal.

Road event: A. Maybe Lina can handle it.

Slaan posted:

Road: A run away :gonk:

B is run away for the road event, if that's what you meant.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 7, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It was :(

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Goonmind don't forget to vote for Master Splinter's stuff, including round 1 cards/init and spawn position!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

How about setup e3, minds weakness, perverse edge, going fast to stun the elite skelly?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Event 30, resolution posted:

Effect: +5gold each, gain Flea-bitten shawl.

The shawl joins the Curious Gear in the list of currently unassigned items. If you want someone (IE: Boris) to equip it, please say so! Remember that is not possible to trade items (without selling them to the market) once assigned.

Road Event 33, resolution posted:

Effect: 1 damage each, each discards 1 card.
What a nasty little event. Please let me know which card to discard!

Hand Changes posted:

- Master Splinter: no Hand changes!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: removes Mana Bolt to add Forked Beam.
- Boris: removes Frightening Curse to add Wild Command.
I had to improvise a bit with Master Splinter's hand selection, BG and orders since the only input I had was conflicting (Restless means she will have to move every Round, but the orders were to stand still; also the orders had Perverse Edge while the only hand change suggested was to remove Perverse Edge :v:). At the end of the day, the BG is not going to be relevant since this is the conclusion for Splinter's PQ, and with a "neutral" vote on hand change, I've left the previous cards in.

Pit of Souls, Round 1A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

- Living Bones 6(E) spawn in (a)!
- Living Bones 5 spawns in (b)!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and The Mind's Weakness.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1

THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND
Boris (Hand12, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Swift Trickery and Flight of Flame.

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
SWIFT TRICKERY (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: MOVE5

FLIGHT OF FLAME (53) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 2 Damage WOUND trap in an adjacent empty hex - WOUND all enemies adjacent to this trap when the trap is sprung.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump.
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 44 with Engulfed in Flames and Flashing Burst.

44. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

code:
ENGULFED IN FLAMES (44) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK4, Range3 - Generate FIRE.
BOT: Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS

FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT
BOT: MOVE4

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 8, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'll be buffing up and dealing some damage to the elite Skelly next to us.

I think Splinter should get her augment up and then stun the Skelly

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Did we end up taking the move every tum battle goal? Or can we still grab the long rest one? Guess it doesn't matter if we are retiring.

Edit: nevermind, missed the relevant comment in the update. I third the stun and prep plan.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 8, 2021

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Splinter has to discard a card (due to the road event). I suggest dropping Hostile Takeover.
The plan to stun augment and then stun the skelly sounds good.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Pit of Souls, Round 1B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Living Bones 9(E) for 0 (1base, -1mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Bones 9(E) is at 11 HP and is STUNNED! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played).
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)!

11. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Boris uses Swift Trickery (bot)! Moves3 to A3.
- Boris uses Flight of Flame (top)! Creates one 2 Damage WOUND trap in hex B2 - WOUND all enemies adjacent to this trap when the trap is sprung.

This is a cheeky move. Monsters will only step on traps if it's the only path available to get to their focus, and since Skellies don't fly, whatever spawns in (a) will have to take a big detour to get to the bottom of the room, especially considering all the rubble.

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 2 focuses Boris! Flies1 to F2.
- Living Spirit 5 focuses Boris! Flies1 to E1. Attacks Boris for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage.
Boris is at 11 HP. and is MUDDLED!
- Living Spirit 6 focuses Boris! Flies2 to X.

44. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flashing Burst (top)! Attacks Living Bones 9(E) for 3 (3base, +2ICEmod, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Bones 9(E) is at 8 HP and is STUNNED!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Engulfed in Flames (bot)! Persistent Bonus: On the next five melee ATKs targeting you, gain RETALIATE3, XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger, then LOSS.
LIGHT is now strong.
ICE is now strong.

81. Living Bones posted:

- No enemies in Range!
- Living Bones 9(E) loses STUNNED token.

Enemy will Spawn in the next empty hex available - not necessarily the closest one to the enemies - so while (a) will spawn an Elite bones in B1, (b) will spawn a Normal one in one of three possible hexes. Let me know if you have any preferences - otherwise I'll spawn the monsters in the hex farther away from the party. Also please remember that, as a difference from Summons, Spawned monsters will immediately activate as if they had just been revealed.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.
- LIGHT is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone want to use the ice? We could shared nightmare bottom to move up to either close skelly, using the ice for a shield 1, then corrupting embrace top for 2 attacks. If the skeletons are doing the all attacks the same target we can use the ranged attacks using the other halves.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I could possibly use the ice to stun a group of them or fire, if someone generates, to do decent damage.

Going kind of slow

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Shield 1s not a huge deal so a stun sounds good. I'm not sure we can make fire.

If we want Splinter to just attack elite skelly 9 then bottom Empathetic Assault at 11 to move up and bless herself sounds good, followed by two attacks from Corrupting Embrace. Otherwise we can use Dark Frenzy to move to G3 and blast skelly 5 too, or Shared Nightmare to keep options open with a ranged attack/more movement.

I haven't participated too much in the goon mind in combat so if anyone has better ideas great. I'm just thinking of putting my name in the hat so wanted to get some practice.

I'll vote for the bolded above and revisit after work.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

I'm just thinking of putting my name in the hat so wanted to get some practice.
Welcome aboard! No one is a GH pro (maybe dwarf74 is a semi-pro now? :D) so no worries. We still have a few Scenarios before we get to the end of the players list so there's plenty of time!

Update coming right up.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Pit of Souls, Round 2A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

- Living Bones 10(E) spawn in (a)!
- Living Bones 3 spawns in (b)!

As a reminder, Spawned monsters can act as if they were just revealed - so they will act this Round. Also I've put some Spawned mini tokens on the spawned ones; hopefully I'll remember not to drow a Coin token when they die, this way :v:

Also also, Slaan you were asking if someone could have infused the FIRE element; no one else can, but you do have a Minor Mana Potion, in case you want to retroactively pop it on your previous Turn. Please let me know if you'd like to do that!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Boris (Hand9, Discarded3, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Fresh Kill.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump
Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Corrupting Embrace.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self (BLESS)

CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK.
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 67 with Cold Fire and Forked Beam.

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Slaan) posted:

code:
COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS

FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

well, they pulled their 'target 1 with all attacks' bullshit, so I guess Splinter hangs back?

e: I'm dumb. can Lina stun the close elite so Splinter can saunter up/through it, poison it, and then Corrupting?

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 10, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The spirits don't trip traps because they're flying right? So they'll end up at D2 and E2?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Slaan posted:

The spirits don't trip traps because they're flying right? So they'll end up at D2 and E2?

Spirits fly so yes, they don't trigger traps and aren't slowed down by difficult terrain (purple border). Where they're going to be really depends on where Boris and Splinter are moving to, but as a reminder:
  • They activate in numerical order (Elite firsts, then Normal, low to high).
  • They only move to get in range for their attack (Range 4 this Round).

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I knew that would happen. I should have kept the ranged plan b in my splinter vote. I thought about going slow and letting them come to us but ratspeed waits for no :skeltal:

If Lina stuns the elite, one* of the normals will still hit us if we move up. We can disarm the elite and stay back but that's a very early loss. She can maybe stun the normals and we gib 9 but that's the hubris the game loves to punish.

Slaan posted:

My take is D1 for LS2 then B1 for LS6 with all three shooting Boris if the other two chars don't meddle with their targeting. Safest plan may be to stun that clump and loss disarm the elite skeleton 9.

*edit both normals will hit us if we kill the elite.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 10, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can and will stun the elite Skelly near us. Just was hoping those spirits would move into range doing it

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Welcome aboard! No one is a GH pro (maybe dwarf74 is a semi-pro now? :D) so no worries. We still have a few Scenarios before we get to the end of the players list so there's plenty of time!
Nope, I am an average player who happens to shitpost too much about gloomhaven!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Nope, I am an average player who happens to shitpost too much about gloomhaven!
Well, you were/are involved in a somewhat formal capacity into the development of FH, so I guess that makes you more "pro" than the rest of us :D