Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

I hope the red guard stuff exports beautifully :)
The good news is that I'm only really using the module for the lvl2+ cards for the scope of the LP, so it's nice to have good scans for those. They are nice and crisp, same as the RG's character card in the post above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

1) I don't think we need to change any of Boris's cards
2) As long as we're in the front line of D1, D2 or C2 I don't think we care. Just want the 4 range to an undamaged slime.
3) Rain of Arrows and Fresh Kill at 33? I've never played this character, he's one of the few not yet in the digital game. Might pick something different if the red guard is planning to damage all three oozes.
4) I think we have to go hesitant, both the red guard and the soothsinger are blindingly fast and can maybe warn us if they are both going slower in a turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ok I am the red guard, so uhm... loving HELL THESE GUYS ARE GONNA EAT THROUGH MY SHIELDS.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You want shields Soothsinger got shields.

Should I bring the gotta go fast song?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Ok I am the red guard, so uhm... loving HELL THESE GUYS ARE GONNA EAT THROUGH MY SHIELDS.

They can't eat through your shields if they are dead! :black101:

edit: I'm torn on Song of Speed, I miss it sometimes in the digital game. Will we need it to wade through the water in this mission? The map doesn't look too big. Defensive Ditty, Soothing Lullaby and Echoing Aria are probably better, we've all got decent moves and some jump.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 31, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I need some card picks. I want to incorporate Strangling chain and Blade Dance I think. They seem cool.

Going to start off fast and buff myself while wading into ye old slime horde

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

bagrada posted:

They can't eat through your shields if they are dead! :black101:

edit: I'm torn on Song of Speed, I miss it sometimes in the digital game. Will we need it to wade through the water in this mission? The map doesn't look too big. Defensive Ditty, Soothing Lullaby and Echoing Aria are probably better, we've all got decent moves and some jump.

Fair enough, skipping on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lI8xXChQOM then.

E: I think I want to start in D1 or D2.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 31, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Shields have a 3 in 8 chance of doing bupkus against slimes.

poo poo as much damage into them as fast as possible, imo. Hurt them enough to hurt their inevitable slime babies.

e: Song of Speed is probably an awesome choice here. Not in this room but in this scenario. Difficult terrain sucks.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 31, 2021

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Oozes do poison, healing song will be good if they get close to hit anyone.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Next turn i'm going to start adding on the damage,
Basically like the mindthief does I am going to buff

Also songfriend, there is a song of yours that integrates GREAT with the red guard.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Next turn i'm going to start adding on the damage,
Basically like the mindthief does I am going to buff

Also songfriend, there is a song of yours that integrates GREAT with the red guard.

Wound one? Because of all the aoe?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

Wound one? Because of all the aoe?

prehaps buffing my notdie would help increase my dps as well.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

Assuming they (a) attack and (b) can't move away.

It's a risky move. If they split, welp.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm bringing that one, yes. I thought it was a given.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Shrine of the Depths, Round 1A

Hand Changes posted:

- Kir Kanos: removes Twirling Stabs and Desert Night to add Blade Dance and Strangling Chain.
- Letty Van Halen: removes Power Ballad, Marching Beat, Warding Dagger to add Soothing Lullaby, Echoing Aria, Disorienting Dirge.
- Boris: no Hand changes!

Pending actions from last Round posted:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Oozes! :argh: Please let me know if you have any preferred spot for the Oozes to be summoned into.

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Disorienting Dirge and Throw Voice.

14. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

code:
DISORIENTING DIRGE (14) [Lvl4]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All enemies gain DISADVANTAGE on all their Attacks - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: CURSE, Target all enemies withing Range3 - BLESS, Affect all allies within Range3.

THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS
Kir Kanos (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 16 with Swift Strength and Shield Spikes.

16. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range2, Target2, PULL1
BOT: MOVE2, Jump - Round Bonus: SHIELD1.

SHIELD SPIKES (41) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: each time after an adjacent enemy Attacks you, that enemy suffers damage equal to your SHIELD value - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: HEAL2, Range2 - Generate FIRE
Boris (Hand12, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 33 with Rain of Arrows and Fresh Kill.

33. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
RAIN OF ARROWS (33) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: the next four times a Doomed enemy dies, perform an ATK2, Range5 action. - XP1 on 1st and 3rd activation - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - Add +2ATK to all your Attacks targeting this enemy - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

FRESH KILL (65) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - Add +2ATK and XP1 if the target is undamaged.
BOT: MOVE3, Jump

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 1, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hold on, I wouldn't have picked dubstep OR Throw Voice with THAT starting position.
Can I swap to defensive ditty and turning the outcome, still at fastest initiative?

E: or better yet swap my position with Boris, he doesn't need to be that close.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Hold on, I wouldn't have picked dubstep OR Throw Voice with THAT starting position.
Can I swap to defensive ditty and turning the outcome, still at fastest initiative?

E: or better yet swap my position with Boris, he doesn't need to be that close.
Sure I'll swap the position since Boris's was "any in the front".

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Anyways next turn I tank up the whole party just in case, poison cleanup after the oozes are done is trivial.

E:^^^^^ thanks.

E2
This turn's soundtrack is Method_Hymmeli

(don't actually play AT3, I have fairly high resistance to anime shenanigans and it broke me)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 1, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Let them split around me, I shall bring forth the fire

going to move forward, powerup shield spikes and next turn I will be QUITE SLOW to build up fire and light while doing some aoe on the slimes.

Let the slimes spawn around me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Alright so the plan is restart the mission until the slimes pick a different card Boris can doom with rain of arrows bottom then fresh kill top for an attack 6 on whichever. #2 maybe.

edit w/ question since I've only played digital for the last year. In that version Letty could basic move with her shoes to I3 and Boris hop over to H2. That would prevent an ooze from #5 since it wouldn't have an open slot adjacent. Does it work that way in tabletop or would it just pop up.behind us? Digital has room spawned enemies like last mission's go to the nearest open spot but card summoned oozes, skeletons, eye tentacles etc show up only if there's a free spot.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 1, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Just have boris do some big damage, Letty do the song things,

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Alright so the plan is restart the mission until the slimes pick a different card Boris can doom with rain of arrows bottom then fresh kill top for an attack 6 on whichever. #2 maybe.

edit w/ question since I've only played digital for the last year. In that version Letty could basic move with her shoes to I3 and Boris hop over to H2. That would prevent an ooze from #5 since it wouldn't have an open slot adjacent. Does it work that way in tabletop or would it just pop up.behind us? Digital has room spawned enemies like last mission's go to the nearest open spot but card summoned oozes, skeletons, eye tentacles etc show up only if there's a free spot.

I'd be super bummed if this didn't work, since I've always played things as "hey cragheart, put some giant rocks where they were going to summon! Oh and also the coins in these hexes are TOO BIG to summon onto." And I'd feel like I'd been cheating pretty majorly.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yup, splitting. Called it, lol :)

And yes literally anything can prevent a slime from summoning, including terrain or a coin.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

One of the big difference between Summoned and Spawned enemies is that you need an adjacent empty hex to Summon, while you just Spawn in the closest empty hex. So the difference between the skeleton spawners in the previous scenario and the Oozes is that if the latter don't have an empty hex adjacent to them they can't Summon - although they still suffer the damage.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Just throwing this out there then. If we block#5 and red guard gets in #2s face, #1 goes first and spawns in H1. Then there's no room for the other two. It's boring but effectively doing 20 damage.

I'm always down for a dubstep arrow green slime & fire party though to let the new party members strut their stuff.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

bagrada posted:

Just throwing this out there then. If we block#5 and red guard gets in #2s face, #1 goes first and spawns in H1. Then there's no room for the other two. It's boring but effectively doing 20 damage.

I'm always down for a dubstep arrow green slime & fire party though to let the new party members strut their stuff.
This is 100% the best possible plan, imo. Pivot to blocking slime summons. Everyone's gotta go along with it though. Having one more vs. three more full-hp slimes is a big deal.

The cost is low. Wrap up this room. Plenty of time (and stamina potions) for setup turns.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Modifying orders to go to G2 then.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I mean it's all up to you guys. I'm just part of the goonmind.

If y'all want to hubris early - go to town :)

Letty and Boris both being able to move 3 makes it a real possibility.

Instead of the oozes gaining 24 effective HP this round it'll be down to 4, with only one additional action on future turns instead of 3 and a potential cascade for future splits. Jamming up the oozes is a smart, cautious play.

Also Letty can get 4 curses into the deck if she Stam pots dubstep.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Less oozes is less oozes and I will start beating on them next turn anyway (unless the split again :argh:)

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

This is the way. Does Boris move with bottom move 2 and top fresh kill to get some damage in, or bottom fresh kill move 3 + jump to move more distance?

edit: nevermind, has to be the move three, I see the board clearly now

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That's actually a good plan, let's go for the surround.
E: as I said, next turn everyone is going to be absolutely tanky.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Jamming up oozes is its own reward really

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Operation group hug - voting boris moves 3 to H2 then does a basic attack on either slime. A wounded one if anyone else punches one in reach.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeah, I'm smashing my lute on 5's head.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

Operation group hug - voting boris moves 3 to H2 then does a basic attack on either slime. A wounded one if anyone else punches one in reach.

agree

Omobono posted:

Yeah, I'm smashing my lute on 5's head.

Boris punch #5 also

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

14. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

- Letty Van Halen uses Throw Voice (bot as basic MOVE2)! Activates Comfortable Shoes. Moves3 to I3.
- Letty Van Halen uses Disorienting Dirge (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Ooze 5 for 2 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Ooze 5(E) is at 11 HP.

16. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (bot)! Moves2 to G2.
- Kir Kanos uses Shield Spikes (top)! Persistent Bonus: each time after an adjacent enemy Attacks you, that enemy suffers damage equal to your SHIELD value. Gains 2XP.

33. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Fresh Kill (bot)! Jumps3 to H2.
- Boris uses Rain of Arrows (top)! Attacks Ooze 5 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 5(E) is at 9 HP.

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 1(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Suffers 2 damage. Summons Ooze 4(s) in hex H1.
Ooze 1(E) is at 11 HP.
- Ooze 2(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Suffers 2 damage. No space to Summon another Ooze!
Ooze 2(E) is at 11 HP.
- Ooze 5(E) focuses Letty Van Halen! Suffers 2 damage. No space to Summon another Ooze!
Ooze 5(E) is at 7 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

gently caress slimes.

Anyways, I'm going fast and taking care of defenses this turn, feel free to go full aggro.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Going very fast to try to pull aggro from the slimes, going to do some aoe followed by more aoe.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Does Boris want to back up a step and pop the most damaged one, or doom and shoot one of the further ones while standing in place? His 2 dmg a turn doom is too slow for these guys but I'm not sure which of the others are good. The bomb doom on #2 sounds good but they might scatter if they pull a ranged attack card.

Expose and Press the Attack at 13? That should still be slower than our speedster allies to preserve our never go first battle goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If Boris is setting up the expose top I don't know if press the attack bottom is useful. Detonation doom maybe?