Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

E: Boris had shield 1 from my song, he should be at 8 HP.
My bad! It'll be fixed before the next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think this turn is a good time for a disabling move by letty while me and boris try to do some big damage

If boris can recover detonation, I will recover as well move drat quick and smash up the elite with a nice hit and some unavoidable damage as well, then if letty can shut down the elite if it lives for one more turn I can finish it off with something while boris nukes the non elite into a bomb on the elite

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Yeesh, should I switch to healing mode?

E: Boris had shield 1 from my song, he should be at 8 HP.
Kill/disable imo. You have plenty of time to clear poison and heal once the oozes are toast. They're still dangerous now.

Unfortunately disarm is only useful against them a bit more than half the time, so ideally you'd stun them. I don't know if you have that in your lute of tricks though.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Unsure if this matters, but before ooze five suicided itself on Kir’s spikes, shouldn’t that attack have been done with disadvantage?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Unsure if this matters, but before ooze five suicided itself on Kir’s spikes, shouldn’t that attack have been done with disadvantage?
That is correct! Going by the sequence we have itt, that means:
  • Ooze 5(E) would draw -1/+1 on its Attack with DISADVANTAGE on Kir Kanos;
  • Ooze 4(s) would draw a +0 on its Attack on Kir Kanos;
  • Ooze 4(s) needs to draw a new modifier on its Attack on LettyBoris - I've just done it and got another +0.
All considered, this means Kir Kanos should have 1 extra HP.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 6, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You mean Boris at the end? Letty wasn't in range of alive oozes.

E:

dwarf74 posted:

Kill/disable imo. You have plenty of time to clear poison and heal once the oozes are toast. They're still dangerous now.

Unfortunately disarm is only useful against them a bit more than half the time, so ideally you'd stun them. I don't know if you have that in your lute of tricks though.

I don't think I have stun (yet?), but I could shield up, or reposition and disarm.
E: I think I'll go at middling speed, to reposition and disarm.

Checking monster stats, should I drop the shield song for the healing one when we uncover lurkers? Shield 1 isn't really useful against pierce 2/3

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 6, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Either retaliate or healing against the lurkers I think.

If we are all good for more exploding then lets do that, once the oozes are gone with healing song I can heal 4, long rest, and heal 4 and recover 12 hp? be nice and fresh for the next round of fighting.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Can we change what cards Boris just got back with the minor stamina pot or is it too late? it would be changing rain out for detonation since the oozes are still adjacent and detonation hit the discard pile before we chugged.

If not I'd vote against using the major pot and would go for rain plus press at 33 to headshot either ooze.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

Can we change what cards Boris just got back with the minor stamina pot or is it too late? it would be changing rain out for detonation since the oozes are still adjacent and detonation hit the discard pile before we chugged.

If not I'd vote against using the major pot and would go for rain plus press at 33 to headshot either ooze.

That's ok, it's OK to use Potions until the next update is out. Swapping out Rain of Arrows for Detonation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Boris might want to go on the slower side this turn I am going to be going fast but not super fast so don't go really fast boris. I will be ok if I get smacked on I think,

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Voting detonation, press the attack, going at 54

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

with Kanos having 4 hp instead of 3, as long as we down 1 slime I might not need to burn a card if they do get off an attack.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

That is correct! Going by the sequence we have itt, that means:
  • Ooze 5(E) would draw -1/+1 on its Attack with DISADVANTAGE on Kir Kanos;
  • Ooze 4(s) would draw a +0 on its Attack on Kir Kanos;
  • Ooze 4(s) needs to draw a new modifier on its Attack on LettyBoris - I've just done it and got another +0.
All considered, this means Kir Kanos should have 1 extra HP.

Also, Soothsingers get 1 XP at the beginning of the round if they have a song going. Not sure if you included that in last round, but Letty is going to level real fast the more she shreds.

bagrada posted:

Voting detonation, press the attack, going at 54

2nd this. Detonation bottom doom on non-elite 4, press the attack top on non-elite 4, make it explode un-shieldable damage onto the elite. Boris's deck has plenty of +1s right? 5 + modifier damage vs 1 shield and 5 HP.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing one set of orders :)

(Also yeah I had forgot to mark down Letty's Song XP, it's been fixed).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Also, Soothsingers get 1 XP at the beginning of the round if they have a song going. Not sure if you included that in last round, but Letty is going to level real fast the more she shreds.

2nd this. Detonation bottom doom on non-elite 4, press the attack top on non-elite 4, make it explode un-shieldable damage onto the elite. Boris's deck has plenty of +1s right? 5 + modifier damage vs 1 shield and 5 HP.

4 hp, boris will only need a 0

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just noticed I already had all the orders :v:

Shrine of the Depths, Round 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Letty should have +1XP for her Song!
- Kir Kanos should have 4HP!
- Boris should have 8HP!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos (Hand7, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 19 with Strangling Chain and Blade Dance.

19. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
STRANGLING CHAIN (19) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Round Bonus: Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage - Consume FIRE: 2 damage instead, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - IMMOBILIZE, Target alla adjacent enemies

BLADE DANCE (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, Consume FIRE: +1ATK, PULL2, XP1 - MOVE2 - ATK1, Range3, Consume LIGHT: +1ATK, PULL2, XP1
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All enemies moved through suffer 1 damage, Consume LIGHT: 2 damage instead, XP1
Letty Van Halen (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 44 with Throw Voice and Turning the Outcome.

44. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

code:
THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS

TURNING THE OUTCOME (78) [Lvl1]
TOP: BLESS, Affect all adjacent allies.
BOT: MOVE3 - CURSE, Range3.
Boris (Hand8, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 54 with Detonation and Press the Attack.

54. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
DETONATION (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 3 Damage trap in an adjacent empty hex - All enemies adjacent to this trap suffer 2 Damage when the trap is sprung - when the trap is sprung by an enemy - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died suffer 3 Damage - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Round's soundtrack: Persona 5 Strikers - Daredevil

Repositioning with curse and disarming. I'll swap songs next round.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So I am going to style on the oozes for unavoidable damage and then strangle the elite. if I get the elites health down Boris might wish to doom and shoot it instead of the non elite and i'll wrap up next round before beginning to heal. Alternatively if I do a big hit of damage on the elite then blow up the non elite to finish both.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So do we want Boris to combo the normal or the elite? Depending on how Kir's turn goes we might change our mind so maybe some contingency orders. Both oozes have shield 1 and neither will take shield spike damage.

edit: just saw Krab's post. So if he gets the elite to 3 or less its an easy answer to blow up the normal which will finish the elite too. Otherwise hit the elite so we can finish off the normal next turn while recovering.

Even if it goes wrong with both nulls/-2 on advantage they're disarmed and we can go faster than them next turn and mop up. I don't think they'll move away if they both survive due to the disarm.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 7, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ooze will be at 7 before my attack if I draw a +2 or x2 then it will be at 3 and the explosion ignores shields.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Detonation doom + top press the attack on whichever ooze Kir strangles: "Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage" virtually guarantees that what we hit will die and explode onto the other one. Hubris is the way!

edit: agreeing with the goonmind above, if Kir gets good draws and puts the ooze to 3 or less, combo on the regular one instead, otherwise combo the elite.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 7, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Shrine of the Depths, Round 4B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

19. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Blade Dance (bot)! Jumps4 to I2 through I2, H1, J1. Ooze 1(E), Ooze 4 suffer 1 damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 1(E) is at 7 HP.
Ooze 4(s) is at 4 HP
- Kir Kanos uses Strangling Chain (top)! Attacks Ooze 1(E) for 3 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Round Bonus: Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage.
Ooze 1(E) is at 4 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
Kir Kanos executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

44. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (Omobono) posted:

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Turning the Outcome (bot)! Moves3 to I3. Ooze 1(E), Ooze 4 are CURSED!
There are currently 5 CURSES in the monsters' deck.
- Letty Van Halen uses Throw Voice (top)! Ooze 1(E), Ooze 4 are DISARMED!

Hey Omobono, I went ahead without a PM since I had your thread intent, but please let me know if you wanted to move somewhere else instead!

54. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (The Goonmind) posted:

- Boris uses Detonation (bot) targeting Ooze 1(E)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - When this enemy dies, all enemies adjacent to the hex in which it died suffer 3 Damage - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Ooze 1(E) with ADVANTAGE for 5 (5base, +1/+1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 1(E) is killed! Ooze 4(s) suffers 3 Doom damage! Detonation is discarded.
Ooze 4(s) is at 1 HP and is DISARMED!

66. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 4(s) focuses Kir Kanos! Loses DISARMED token.

DISARM negates all effects of having an Attack, so even if the Ooze would normally try to move away to lose DISADVANTAGE, once it is disarmed it will move as though it doesn't have an Attack at all - which means it will just try to get as close as possible to its Focus.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Right I had forgotten the step B PM. Yeah, that's where I would have moved.

Some healing coming up fast.

E: when do we want to breach?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 8, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ok the ooze is DYING this turn, there is no way for it to be avoidable for the ooze. I will be going middle speed and healing so letty going fast to set up heals is good.

With the ooze assured of dying

my next turn is burning some cards, I would suggest letty and Boris move into breach position/heal

Turn after is a long rest losing Blinding sickle recommending some naps on the parts of the others to be fresh, unless you all don't want to take a break

Turn after is a heal and the breaching move. I will be at full health going into the room.

I have submitted my plans for the next 4 turns to TIG up to the breach

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 8, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Boris should loot a bit then, he has the cash PG.

Breaching in 4 turns looks good; I think I can outspeed you on the breaching turn, a lot of my stuff doesn't really need enemies to work. Boris can go slow and murder something.

Sending in some turns of my own.

E: how much shield do you want for the breaching turn? Because my plan is to give Kir all the shield.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 8, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I don't think I want a lot of shield on the breach because I plan to NOPE if I see anything I don't like, aim for some cards to either buff the party or gently caress up the enemies with curse/etc

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Boris can manually grab the two coins using moments peace to heal, and then long rest on turn 3. What card should he pitch to the rest?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't think I want a lot of shield on the breach because I plan to NOPE if I see anything I don't like, aim for some cards to either buff the party or gently caress up the enemies with curse/etc

Problem is, I'd need to reup a song after my planned long rest and I don't have many bottoms that work where I'm standing.

Repositioning is not really an option at the moment either.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Retaliate song might be a better choice as I think we face the PIERCING

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Assuming Kir has the slime dead

1: moment's peace, race to the grave at 88, move to the nearest coin and heal
2: flight of flame, swift trickery at 53, move to the other coin
3: long rest discarding solid blow? If we all long rest the same turn is there any danger of us going first and losing the battle goal?
4: queue up swift trickery and fresh kill at 65. We can then either jump or walk in depending in how things look after Kir breaches. If they are all at the far end our boots or helm should help.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Players decide on everything being tied, so we decide boris goes last.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Players decide on everything being tied, so we decide boris goes last.

Yeah, if we're all long resting on the same turn we can decide Boris is second and Letty last.

(It matters if I drop the active song before recovering my cards).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

So far it looks like you are planning to breach the door 4 Rounds from now so, if you haven't done so already, please provide me with 4 Rounds worth of orders :) As always, I'll stop the update once the door is opened.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Retaliate song might be a better choice as I think we face the PIERCING

It's doable, but then I'm going slow and reacting to what's in the next room after they move.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

It's doable, but then I'm going slow and reacting to what's in the next room after they move.

You can go fast, I'll be going faster than you can, and everyone will be topped up.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
According to this post, deep terrors don't move, but will occasionally summon more deep terrors. ALso there's going to be difficult terrain, but I'm not sure the rules on water, walls, and boulders. I assume that water can be moved through, slowly or jumped over, doesn't break LOS. Boulders can be jumped over but not moved over, don't break LOS. Walls cannot be jumped over and break LOS. Is that right?

Edit: deep terror card 96 is attack 2 range 6, summon normal deep terror in adjacent hex holy poo poo please tell me that summon doesn’t happen if no target is within range.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 8, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I love Deep Terrors. They're such fun puzzle enemies, with their laser beams and occasional summons.

And the summon is reliant on a target, fortunately. (Another reason I love them. Easier to shut that poo poo down.)

e: Wow, so the new LoS rules unfuck this scenario. Nice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

According to this post, deep terrors don't move, but will occasionally summon more deep terrors. ALso there's going to be difficult terrain, but I'm not sure the rules on water, walls, and boulders. I assume that water can be moved through, slowly or jumped over, doesn't break LOS. Boulders can be jumped over but not moved over, don't break LOS. Walls cannot be jumped over and break LOS. Is that right?

Edit: deep terror card 96 is attack 2 range 6, summon normal deep terror in adjacent hex holy poo poo please tell me that summon doesn’t happen if no target is within range.
Purple border tiles (difficult terrain, like water) cost 1 extra movement point to enter. Jump/Fly ignores the penalty. We're using the simplified rules here so 1 Jump=1 hex moved (even if it's the last one).

Green border tiles (obstacles, like rocks) block movement unless you are jumping (can't end movement on them) or flying.

Dungeon walls can't be moved through AND block LOS (the only thing to do so) if you can't draw a straight line from any origin hex vertex to any destination hex vertex without touching a wall.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Dungeon walls can't be moved through AND block LOS (the only thing to do so) if you can't draw a straight line from any origin hex vertex to any destination hex vertex without touching a wall.
This was updated in JotL with confirmation from Isaac that it's gonna be in FH and probably should also be used in GH.

It's any part of one hex to any part of another hex, now, without touching a wall.

It prevents poo poo like walls behind you from blocking LoS and unfucks this specific scenario, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

bagrada posted:

Assuming Kir has the slime dead

1: moment's peace, race to the grave at 88, move to the nearest coin and heal
2: flight of flame, swift trickery at 53, move to the other coin
3: long rest discarding solid blow? If we all long rest the same turn is there any danger of us going first and losing the battle goal?
4: queue up swift trickery and fresh kill at 65. We can then either jump or walk in depending in how things look after Kir breaches. If they are all at the far end our boots or helm should help.

This sounds good.