Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If we didn't have the elements for the pull, Kir could have gone to the plate on A1 which is 3 from the demon and double attacked from there. I am not sure why he ended up in E2. did someone pm orders? Shield spikes did not need to be used as a basic move period anyway, we should have healed with that card.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

AtomikKrab posted:

If we didn't have the elements for the pull, Kir could have gone to the plate on A1 which is 3 from the demon and double attacked from there. I am not sure why he ended up in E2. did someone pm orders? Shield spikes did not need to be used as a basic move period anyway, we should have healed with that card.

Because I thought it was a Melee Attack instead of a Ranged one :v:

Fixing things now!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Boris is low on hand, right now. 2 cards left (though he has his stam pots still). If Kir is moving to the plate, then the room opens, which means the icestorm in the next room activates. not a big deal but Boris might want to stam pot this turn so he can get to work on it next

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
This has now been fixed. Actual status:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kir should be at 6 without poison due to using shield spikes to heal, blade dance is where he gets his move onto the plate, now though we have issue with that savvas in our way.

thinking 19, burn away the dark, strangling chain and trying to clear out this savvas ice guy

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 27, 2021

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

concur, feels like a reasonable plan. Boris is going to put Race to the Grave on that icestorm, the guaranteed 2 damage is probably as good as multi-pronged would be and it's fast enough to get a big hit in.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 12A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Kir should be at 6HP without POISON due to using Shield Spikes to heal.
- FIRE is now waning.
- Boris uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Race to the Grave and Press the Attack.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 9 with Defensive Ditty and Nimble Knife.

9. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

code:
DEFENSIVE DITTY (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: the next time any ally within Range2 suffers damage this Round, they suffer no damage instead - XP1.

NIMBLE KNIFE (27) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2 - CURSE - BLESS, affect one adjacent ally.
BOT: MOVE4
Boris (Hand4, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 9 with Race to the Grave and Press the Attack.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

code:
RACE TO THE GRAVE (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK5, Range 5 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.

PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.
Kir Kanos (Hand3, Discarded4, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 19 with Strangling Chain and Burn Away the Dark.

19. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
STRANGLING CHAIN (19) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Round Bonus: Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage - Consume FIRE: 2 damage instead, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - IMMOBILIZE, Target alla adjacent enemies

BURN AWAY THE DAKR (31) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK1, Target all enemies within 2 hexes - Consume FIRE: WOUND, XP1
BOT: MOVE2 - DISARM, Target one adjacent enemy - Consume ICE: Generate FIRE, Consume DARK: Generate LIGHT

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

UH... strangling chain is kind of useless if everyone goes faster than kir. just saying

anyway, burn away the dark over and then strangling chain using fire even though its not useful to us

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

UH... strangling chain is kind of useless if everyone goes faster than kir. just saying

anyway, burn away the dark over and then strangling chain using fire even though its not useful to us

Should we immobilize the icestorm in the door? If we're disarming, we can draw it off the door on any move card. We were kind of boned by this card either way.

e. I think the fire in the initiative image is an error

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

whoops. Honestly I hadn't been keeping track of Kir's card's effects. Let's have the dust devil move down and deal with the fire elemental, anyway.

fuckin icestorm heal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

e. I think the fire in the initiative image is an error
The bottom of Shield Spike, used last Round, generated the Fire! It's in the "pending from previous Round" box at the start of the update :)

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

The bottom of Shield Spike, used last Round, generated the Fire! It's in the "pending from previous Round" box at the start of the update :)

Gotcha! I looked through and didn't spot the generation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ok how about we move to 1 away from ice storm, and pop burn away the darks top with the fire to wound the icestorm for later? oh and then short rest protecting healing sands.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

the icestorm's heal is going to remove the wound. I mean, unless the wound damage kills it at the start of its turn

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Superterranean posted:

the icestorm's heal is going to remove the wound. I mean, unless the wound damage kills it at the start of its turn

It's healing before Kir's turn, so we're good there.

Can we decline to do the immobilize part of strangling chain while still hitting for the damage? Wound might be good but I really like the disarm on the bottom of burn for next turn. Though it will probably be a jerk and summon instead.

AtomikKrab posted:

oh and then short rest protecting healing sands.

Seconding this part, though the spreadsheet says we still have healing sands in hand so we can protect something else. Blade Dance?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

bagrada posted:

It's healing before Kir's turn, so we're good there.

Can we decline to do the immobilize part of strangling chain while still hitting for the damage? Wound might be good but I really like the disarm on the bottom of burn for next turn. Though it will probably be a jerk and summon instead.

Seconding this part, though the spreadsheet says we still have healing sands in hand so we can protect something else. Blade Dance?

Protecting Blade Dance is good, the goomba stomp is powerful.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

bagrada posted:

We could just do the bottom move and disarm and forego the top action because the icestorm will have shield 6 by the time we go anyway.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ah right. So it's a gamble, would we rather have it wounded or disarmed for next turn. I think disarmed so it has a chance to move out of the doorway instead of standing there blasting us.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

looks like we disarm and then stare at it and use foul language.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders for Letty :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Got a PM from TravelLog; they had an emergency and have to bow out of the game. Since we're a good chunk of the Scenario in, I would say we can give control of Letty to the thread as we did in the past in similar situations! Letty's card for this Round are:

Letty Van Halen (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 9 with Defensive Ditty and Nimble Knife.

code:
DEFENSIVE DITTY (09) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: SHIELD1, Affect all allies - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: Round Bonus: the next time any ally within Range2 suffers damage this Round, they suffer no damage instead - XP1.

NIMBLE KNIFE (27) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK2 - CURSE - BLESS, affect one adjacent ally.
BOT: MOVE4

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

well if we were controlling letty from the start of the round we would have had her go at init 27, that being said there is no reason to not go up and stab the ice storm with top of knife using the bottom of ditty as a generic move which with the shoes should be a three to get to G1.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah add a curse and with a good modifier some damage may stick after the heal between Boris and Letty. Good luck with the emergency TravelLog.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 12B

- None!

Song Active! Gains 1XP.
- Letty Van Halen uses Defensive Ditty (bot)! Moves3 to G1.
- Letty Van Halen uses Nimble Knife (top)! Attacks Savvas Icestorm 3 for 0 (2base, NULLmod, SHIELD1) damage! Savvas Icestorm 3 is CURSED! There are currently 7 CURSES in the monsters' deck.

9. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

- Boris uses Race to the Grave (bot)! Doom: Place your character token on any one enemy - This enemy suffers 2 damage at the start of each of its turns - When this enemy dies or another Doom is played, discard this card.
- Boris uses Press the Attack (top)! Attacks Savvas Icestorm 3 with ADVANTAGE for 6 (5base, +2'mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP. Loses INVISIBILITY token.
Savvas Icestorm 3 is at 12 HP.

14. Savvas Icestorm posted:

Savvas Icestorm 3 suffers 2 Doom damage!
Savvas Icestorm 3 is at 10 HP and is DOOMED!
- Savvas Icestorm 3 consumes ICE. HEAL5, Self.
Savvas Icestorm 3 is at 15 HP and is DOOMED!

19. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Burn Away the Dark (bot)! Moves2 to E1. Savvas Icestorm 3 is DISARMED!
- Kir Kanos uses Strangling Chain (top)! No action taken!

I didn't receive orders for the Sand Devil (and may have misread Kir's instructions too), so please let me know if I need to update something!

97. Savvas Lavaflow posted:

- Savvas Lavaflow 1(E) focuses Kir Kanos! Summons Fire Demon 6 in hex D1!
FIRE is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Letty Van Halen's deck is shuffled.
FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Can we please have moved the sand devil down toward the lavaflow?

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, the sand devil wants to go down and harass the flame demon.

e. Also, Kir should have short rested, I think protecting strangling chain to attempt the same setup again but with Letty and Boris going after.

General strategy thoughts: Kir and Letty don't have great movement and Kir is a bit card challenged. Boris has great movement and card availability and a top loot action. I'm thinking that Boris wants to jump through to the next room and attack the Savaas then proceed with looting the upper room while Letty and Kir wrap up killing the icestorm and start heading south. Then we can decide if we need Kir and Letty to lunge for the exit or if they can kill the Lavaflow.

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 1, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thirding devil v demon. It's too far away to help get the icestorm out of the door.

Can Kir please short rest protecting blade dance? Assuming healing sands is safe in hand still.

Edit: also if the goonmind is running Letty, what is her battle goal?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

bagrada posted:

Thirding devil v demon. It's too far away to help get the icestorm out of the door.

Can Kir please short rest protecting blade dance? Assuming healing sands is safe in hand still.

Edit: also if the goonmind is running Letty, what is her battle goal?

Awaiting a second vote for the rest, but just in case feel free to send alternate orders in case something gets lost!

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Awaiting a second vote for the rest, but just in case feel free to send alternate orders in case something gets lost!

I'm on board for short rest but I was thinking of protecting Strangling Chain. Maybe let's pull the card and if it's either Dance or Chain we can decide then?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Boris is definitely OK with scooting around the top room looting. If that icestorm summons , he's going to have a bad time, though; I'd prefer not to be left too alone :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kir will have to go pretty fast if he can and maybe pull the guy out of the doorway. Blade Dance is both our pull and our jump so that's why I want to preserve that card.

Or are we going to burn the icestorm down too before moving up? If everyone's attacking it we don't have to worry about a jump or pull and can just heal and attack based on what card we lose.

Letty has two cards left, Mobilizing Measures and Throw Voice. I think she'll have to go at 44 since there's nothing to do yet and the icestorm is already disarmed.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

I'm on board for short rest but I was thinking of protecting Strangling Chain. Maybe let's pull the card and if it's either Dance or Chain we can decide then?

Rolled for it now, Kir would lose Blade Dance! Reroll Y/N?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'll throw in a Y vote for reroll but if its a tie when you are ready to proceed please switch my vote to keep things moving.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Reroll Blade Dance is a 5 movement action right now on the bottom, 3 on the top with the speed boost.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kir has lost 1HP and Shield of the Desert.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ok are we ganging up on this guy or yanking him out of the way and everyone running up north? We can step back with a move card, use blade dance and the fire to pull the icestorm down then do the blade dance top move into the doorway to keep it clear for Letty and Boris to get through, then attack again.

If we're ganging up we could try again with an early shocking advance + strangling chain to use up the fire and set up Letty and Boris for bigger hits.

There's a handful of ways the baddies could screw up either plan.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Kill the Icestorm before things get out of hand again, that's why we reset!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kir vote: shocking advance, strangling chain, 14

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Concur on Kir. Boris will act after that, but still pretty early, and move into the top room to start looting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Savvas Armory, Round 13A

- Kir Kanos takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Shield of the Desert.
- The Sand Devil should be on the bottom door hex!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in red, while lost cards will be marked in purple. Cards in the active slot will be marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 14 with Shocking Advance and Strangling Chain.

14. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (The Goonmind) posted:

code:
SHOCKING ADVANCE (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Consume LIGHT: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, XP1
BOT: MOVE3 - Generate LIGHT

STRANGLING CHAIN (19) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK3, IMMOBILIZE - Round Bonus: Each time the target is attacked this Round, it suffers 1 damage - Consume FIRE: 2 damage instead, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - IMMOBILIZE, Target alla adjacent enemies
Letty Van Halen (Hand2, Discarded4, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 44 with Throw Voice and Mobilizing Measures.

44. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (TravelLog) posted:

code:
THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range3, see Template.
BOT: Range3, see Template. Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a MOVE1 action with you controlling the actions - XP1 - LOSS

MOBILIZING MEASURES (06) [Lvl5]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies may perform a MOVE1 action before any of their Attack actions. - Gain XP1 at the beginning of each of your turns. When another Song is played, discard this card.
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1.
Boris (Hand4, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 53 with Flight of Flame and Press the Attack.

53. Boris the Orchid Doomstalker (Superterranean) posted:

code:
FLIGHT OF FLAME (53) [Lvl1]
TOP: Create one 2 Damage WOUND trap in an adjacent empty hex - WOUND all enemies adjacent to this trap when the trap is sprung.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump.

PRESS THE ATTACK (10) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - add +3ATK and XP1 if the target is Doomed.
BOT: RETALIATE2, Range 2.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin: