Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can’t actually use an item in the scenario you get it, even if you have an open slot for it. You have to equip it between scenarios. It’s a pretty silly rule and most people house rule it away without ever realizing it exists, but by RAW that’s how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, anyone on the front lines and expecting to take regular hits should really get the iron helm. It's so good for the price, and like a little insurance policy.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, anyone on the front lines and expecting to take regular hits should really get the iron helm. It's so good for the price, and like a little insurance policy.

On the other hand, there are only 2 Iron Helmets, so if you have more melee focused characters than that someone has to pick another head slot item.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Encampment Round 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand3, Discarded4, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Frigid Apparition.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded3, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 35 with Crushing Grasp and Opposing Strike.

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"CRUSHING GRASP (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate EARTH
BOT: LOOT1"

"OPPOSING STRIKE (46) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: Permanent Bonus - On the next six melee attacks targeting you, gain RETALIATE2 - Gain XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded6, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 77 with Balanced Measures and Leaping Cleave.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Glad they didn't go for shield / retaliate this round.

Depending on what's still standing, I figure I'll either AOE guards 4 and 6 or go for a single big-ish hit on the healthiest survivor.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If Splinter pulls a couple +1 modifiers, the team might actually be able to sync up a long rest after this round and be in good health for the last room.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

If Splinter pulls a couple +1 modifiers, the team might actually be able to sync up a long rest after this round and be in good health for the last room.

If not, I should be able to play clean-up next turn while the Brute long rests. (Splinter may need to short rest if that guard is still around, just in case.)

Bullwinkle could open the next door and back up to get the enemies to approach the rest of us; I'll probably long rest the turn after next.

I still have an "irrational" thing to do before the scenario ends, but it should work out OK.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Encampment Round 8B

None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Inox Guard 2(s) for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 2(s) is at 8 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 2(s) for 4 (3base, -1mod +2bonus) damage!
Inox Guard 2(s) is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

Eh, at least he's stunned!

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Opposing Strike (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 4 for 5 (3base, +2mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 4 is at 1 HP.
- Rocky uses Crushing Grasp (bot)! LOOT1 and gains 1 coin tokens (E3).

:fuckoff: punch overe here! Guard 4 survives with 1HP but he's not happy, for sure.

55. Inox Guard 4 posted:

- Inox Guard 4 focuses Rocky! Loses DISARMED token. Gains STRENGTHEN.
- Inox Guard 6 focuses Bullwinkle! Loses DISARMED token. Gains STRENGTHEN.

The Guards are flexing their muscles, but it's mostly just for show.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 4 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! Attacks Inox Guard 6 for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 4 is killed!
Inox Guard 6 is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (bot)! Moves 1 to E2.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

Ripley you only had "use Balanced Measures as a MOVE2 to set up the attack" so I've moved you over a coin to loot it, but you would be able to move up to 6 this Round if you want to. So let me know if you want to change this!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 12/15
- ICE is now waning.
- AIR is now inert.
- DARK is now inert.

Active players you had some ideas about doing Short Rests or using Potions but you wanted to see the outcome of the Round first, so please don't forget to let me know!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 11, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Splinter will take a short rest and re-roll for Frigid Apparition or Perverse Edge, sure. Keep The Mind's Weakness online.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Master Splinter executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Withering Claw.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Coolsies.

Are you guys both long resting? Because I think we might be able to skip straight to step B if you are and everyone's cool with that.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
That works for me, sure.

E: And I'm happy with moving for a coin, good call That Italian Guy.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Whenever we'll get to the turn where everyone rests / there are no enemies left, we'll move the action more quickly - I'll ask you guys to send orders for several Rounds till the one you open a new door / reveal more enemies.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm really confused. You had Master Splinter use the top of Perverse Edge twice and that's not the half that stuns :confused:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm really confused. You had Master Splinter use the top of Perverse Edge twice and that's not the half that stuns :confused:

Copy/Paste :argh: (the magic spreadsheet doesn't like it when you attack with the bottom of a card)

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Coolsies.

Are you guys both long resting? Because I think we might be able to skip straight to step B if you are and everyone's cool with that.

Yeah, I'm fine doing the long rest now to get my goggles back.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ripley posted:

That works for me, sure.

E: And I'm happy with moving for a coin, good call That Italian Guy.

Looks like you guys are going for plan Long Rest+:ese:

Ripley, if you let me know what you want to lose (and if Zulily Zoetrope lets me know their plan for step B) I can update 9A+9B together on tomorrow's update. After that, assuming the remaining Guard is dead, we can have a "setup" update where the party organizes, with the 2, 3 or whatever many Rounds you'll take before opening the next door/reveal an enemy resolved in the same update to keep up the pace.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Bottom of Perverse Edge is a ranged attack, so Splinter should've attacked at disadvantage (doesn't really matter now since no damage was done).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

Bottom of Perverse Edge is a ranged attack, so Splinter should've attacked at disadvantage (doesn't really matter now since no damage was done).

I like the fact that I've removed the +2 bonus because it's a ranged attack and then forgot to add the DIS. Which may be somehow relevant since both "-1" have now been drawn on the first attack and Master Splinter may have killed the Guard with a x2 or a Bless with a single hit. I'll have a look and see if it would have been relevant.

EDIT: ok, first card on the pile for Master Splinter was a +1, so the remaining Guard is at 2HP instead of 4. I don't think this will change the plans too much, but I'll rectify it on the next update. Funny thing when DISADVANTAGE turns out to be advantageous <.<

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 11, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

That Italian Guy posted:

Looks like you guys are going for plan Long Rest+:ese:

Ripley, if you let me know what you want to lose (and if Zulily Zoetrope lets me know their plan for step B) I can update 9A+9B together on tomorrow's update.

I'll lose Provoking Roar for this long rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 9A+B

- Master Splinter executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Withering Claw.
- Master Splinter first attack vs Guard 2 last Round was Ranged so it should have had DISADVANTAGE. This means that both the drawn "-1" modifiers should be applied to the first, ranged attack. I've drawn a new modifier for Splinter's second attack and it was a "+1" instead, so Inox Guard 2 current HP are 2!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Frigid Apparition.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded5, Active0, Lost2) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

Rocky will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded6, Active0, Lost1) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

Bullwinkle will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.

Inox Encampment Round 9B

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Consumes ICE! Attacks Inox Guard 2(s) for 10 (3base, x2 BLESS mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
BLESS card removed from the deck!
Inox Guard 2(s) is very very dead!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves 2 to door hex 1. HEALs self for 2 HP
Master Splinter is at 6HP.

:ese: that was some quality stabbin'.

99. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky executes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Opposing Strike! HEALs self for 2HP. Refreshes all SPENT items.
- Rocky is at 5HP.

99. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Provoking Roar. HEALs self for 2HP. Refreshes all SPENT items.
- Bullwinkle is at 8HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 13/15

Active players this is going to be a bit different from the usual Round progression since you're all alone and all rested. I'll need you to discuss among yourselves itt and decide a plan of action for how you want to proceed next; in fact, I'll need you to submit (potentially) several Rounds worth of actions if you want to hang around in the deserted village for a while, looting and pillaging, before opening the next door.
I'll stop the update at the moment the door is opened and I'll let you decide what to do then (as if it was a "step B" update) since you'll have full knowledge of what's going on at that point. This should allow us to keep up the pace nicely; if you go for a door straight away I'll guess it'll just be a normal update instead :)

Please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 12, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Mindthief :allears:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Part of why I love Gloomhaven is that all of the characters get to be awesome.

That one coin may need to wait for a late game jump move. I suppose that since the Mindthief and Brute have those top Loot 1 cards, we may as well use them. I suggest:
Turn 10: Mindthief uses loot 1 on E2/4 coins. Brute moves slow into door 1 and loots those coins. Cragheart tops off the Brute's hp, gets his ammo ready.
Turn 11: Brute and Mindthief move towards our next door. Cragheart moves to E3, heals himself.

Then we either pop the door on Turn 12 or do another rest after moving where we want to be.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
That makes sense to me, sure.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, makes sense. So we all submitting two turns? Which door are we going for?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Please submit orders for as many rounds you want to hang around + the round in which you want to open the door. Once the door is opened, I'll stop the update as if it was the normal pause between Step A and B (so that you'll be able to react to what's inside the room). This is a break from the normal structure of the LP in order to keep things going without having a few days of "nothing happens".

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Actually hang on, I don't want to loot the coins in the far end of the room. I only have one card left which lets me move more than 2 in a turn, and I don't think it makes sense to spend like five turns getting to a door. Since you guys have just long rested, I'm just gonna grab the coins next to me and I might as well open a door this turn.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Actually hang on, I don't want to loot the coins in the far end of the room. I only have one card left which lets me move more than 2 in a turn, and I don't think it makes sense to spend like five turns getting to a door. Since you guys have just long rested, I'm just gonna grab the coins next to me and I might as well open a door this turn.

OK, then. The H-side door, I assume? I'll go late and set up for a fight.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Sorry, I was asleep when the plan changed. I'll go late but plan to charge in so that Splinter isn't prime target for whoever for two rounds.

E: Actually, thinking about it, I'll go not-that-late - I can always open the door if our plans don't sync up.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 13, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 10A

None!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Feedback Loop.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Balanced Measures.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 82 with Dirt Tornado and Backup Ammunition.

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

Inox Encampment Round 10A+
This update IS going to be different than the usual ones but not for the reason expected, since our players have decided to open up a door immediately! I'll update till the door is opened and revealed, then I'll let player submit Step B orders with a bit more details. This is a break from the normal format for the sake of efficiency.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (top)! LOOT1 and gains 2 coin tokens.
- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps 4 to door hex top right. Door opened!

Inox Shaman 3(E) revealed!

DARK is now strong.
Well that's not...super intimidating. Although, it has to be noted that, since there is no Attack on the Shaman's ability card, it's focus/AI is calculated as if he was executing a melee attack this Round, so he will get closer to our party (to either A3(TopRight) or A5(TopRight) so let me know if you have any preferences!)

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 13, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Excellent. Still going to charge in there and jump this guy, but with just one shaman even drawing the null shouldn't be a huge problem.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well. The shaman is going to end his turn in my melee range, which is a very bad place to be, for a ranged enemy for a ranged enemy who's conveniently going to place themselves right next to a corner in which they can be trapped. I can clear this room on my own if you guys want to just go straight for the next one, but I'm also not gonna head for the coins in the back of the room if anyone wants to get in there.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Hmm. The coins would be nice, but if you'd prefer to handle the shaman, one option would be for me to open the other door.

If there's someone within three movement of the door I can hit them hard, otherwise just... make the situation worse for us.

Bad idea?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Within three movement of the door" would describe every tile in the room, unless they're hiding behind multiple obstacles. You'll almost certainly be able to hit someone if the room isn't straight-up empty.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If you delete someone in the other room then Splinter can kill the shaman next round and it's a wrap. If you decide to open another door Rocky ought to slowly follow you for support.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I dunno if I can kill the shaman in one turn, but I haven't lost either stun or the disarm, which means that I can short rest and keep him down without putting myself at risk. Being locked in a room with a tough enemy is where the Mindthief shines, especially when she's gained a couple of levels and a wider variety of disables.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"Within three movement of the door" would describe every tile in the room, unless they're hiding behind multiple obstacles. You'll almost certainly be able to hit someone if the room isn't straight-up empty.

:doh: In my imagination the rooms were larger...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ripley posted:

:doh: In my imagination the rooms were larger...

If you want to check, the Map Layout, it was included in the Scenario 3 Preamble!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I laughed pretty hard when only 1 enemy was revealed :laugh:

You guys may want to consider kiting a single enemy around while vacuuming up the loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Ripley posted:

Hmm. The coins would be nice, but if you'd prefer to handle the shaman, one option would be for me to open the other door.

If there's someone within three movement of the door I can hit them hard, otherwise just... make the situation worse for us.

Bad idea?

I am going to be opening a door before we finish the scenario, so I'd suggest letting me do it unless we want a third room revealed. Given that, I'd prefer if you either jumped the shaman or went for some coins.

I can open the door this turn or next turn; I'd prefer next turn so I can queue up an attack. We can assess whether to money-grub or end things once that room is revealed.