Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Forgot to post the updates sheets, here they are!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:munch: I've played this scenario and it's super cool.

I would recommend blitzing through this group and opening the door so your allies have a chance to keep up. They probably won't, but it's worth trying.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Gloomhaven Square A Round 1A

Hand changes posted:

- Master Splinter's hand stays the same.
- Rocky is removing Opposing Strike and Rock Tunnel and adding Dirt Tornado and Nature's Lift.
- Bullwinkle is removing Sweeping Blow and adding Fatal Advance.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

- Master Splinter deploys in D5!
- Rocky deploys in D2!
- Bullwinkle deploys in D3!

Active Players please let me know:
A) Which hex to move the Guards into, since there are several valid ones;
B) Which hex to deploy the Archer's trap into, since there are 2 valid ones.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Rocky (Hand11, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Massive Boulder.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 75 with The Mind's Weakness and Perverse Edge.

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Bullwinkle (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 87 with Grab and Go and Spare Dagger.

87. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"

"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 13, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Since the guards and bones will be adjacent, we're probably good to just kill the Archer, advance, and open the door next round?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Sounds good to me. Not quite how I was expecting the round to go, but this works.

I'll Boulder the archer and move to C3. The guards will move to B2 and B5 since the bones had faster initiative, so we won't take any hits this round.

edit: I assume we'd prefer the trap go on B3? Only so that Splinter has an easier time moving forward. If you're jumping it doesn't really matter.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 13, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm not moving this turn and can probably jump next turn if needed so B3 should be fine.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Guard to B2/B5 and trap in B3 works for me as well. I'm hopefully going to finish off the boulder'd archer and move to their spot to prep for opening the door next round.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

That's a pretty funny starting turn.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zack Ater posted:

That's a pretty funny starting turn.

Living Bones used harden!

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 13, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

Those are good skellies that drank plenty of milk.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Reik posted:

*Shwing! Shwing!*

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Good thing the guards don't use Good Doggos though, because you know Los Skellingtons Buenos would be used as chew toys real fast, if last mission was anything to go by

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

12. Living Bones 1, 5, 7, 9 posted:

- Living Bones 1, 5, 7, 9 gain SHIELD2! HEAL2 Self.

14. City Archer 5 posted:

- City Archer 5 focuses Living Bones 7!
Attacks Living Bones 7 for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD3) damage.
Creates a 3 damage trap in B3!

Arrows are notoriously ineffective against skeletons.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks City Archer 5 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! City Guard 2 and City Guard 6 suffer 1 damage!
City Archer 5 is at 1 HP.
City Guard 2 is at 4 HP.
City Guard 6 is at 4 HP.
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves 1 to I3.
EARTH is now strong.

Massive Boulder and other "pure" splash damage cards are great against SHIELDed enemies, and Rocky has a lot of them.

53. City Guard 2, 6 posted:

- City Guard 2 focuses Living Bones 1! Moves 2 to B2. Attacks Living Bones 1 for 0 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD3) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN!
- City Guard 6 focuses Living Bones 5! Moves 2 to B5. Attacks Living Bones 5 for 0 (2base, NULL mod, SHIELD3) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN!

Looks like milk is good for Guards too!

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus active: On your melee attacks add +2ATK[/b]. (discard when another augment is played). Gains 1XP.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks City Guard 5 for 2 (2base +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
City Guard 6 is at 3HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

87. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (top)! Attacks City Archer 5 for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
City Archer 5 is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves 3 to A3.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Monster attack deck is shuffled!
- EARTH is now waning.
- ICE is now waning.

NOTE: if you are thinking about opening the door (I assume the first of you to act will do that), I'll also run next the update up to the point where the door is opened, so that you'll be able to give me STEP B orders knowing what's on the other side. If the one opening the door is not the fastest among you, please let me know and we'll figure something out :)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 14, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Aren't the skellies only at shield 2, because the card takes into account their stat block?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zack Ater posted:

Aren't the skellies only at shield 2, because the card takes into account their stat block?

They are :doh:

Living Bones 1 should be at 4HP.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

Ha, I didn't know that - sounds like my group were making shielded enemies harder than they should have been.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Ripley posted:

Ha, I didn't know that - sounds like my group were making shielded enemies harder than they should have been.

It's specifically with the Gloomhaven Helper app (and maybe with other apps, idk.) The cards in the box don't take stat blocks into account since the cards can be shared over multiple specific enemy types. But the GH app goes ahead and figures out the final numbers and displays them on the cards when you draw them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Zack Ater posted:

It's specifically with the Gloomhaven Helper app (and maybe with other apps, idk.)

Gloomy Companion doesn't do it, and I prefer it that way. I don't like mixing stats and abilities like that.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Gloomy Companion doesn't do it, and I prefer it that way. I don't like mixing stats and abilities like that.

It's handy for the Move and Attack values, especially when playing "live", but cases like this one are rare enough (relatively speaking) that I just forgot.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

That Italian Guy posted:

It's handy for the Move and Attack values, especially when playing "live", but cases like this one are rare enough (relatively speaking) that I just forgot.

Yeah it's okay for them, it's for things like Shield and Retaliate (where the value can change over the turn and between individual enemies depending on stuns) that I have more of a problem.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

It's specifically with the Gloomhaven Helper app (and maybe with other apps, idk.) The cards in the box don't take stat blocks into account since the cards can be shared over multiple specific enemy types. But the GH app goes ahead and figures out the final numbers and displays them on the cards when you draw them.

Yeah, we were using Gloomhaven Helper but assuming they gained the shield value on the card shown in addition to their base value. Doh.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle is going to go at average speed and go in to the next room and clown on some dude.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle is going to go at average speed and go in to the next room and clown on some dude.

edit - Actually I think I'll set up an AOE, healing can wait for next round.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 14, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That Italian Guy posted:

Fyi this is an option you can turn off in Gloomhaven Helper. It's called "Calculate Stats" on the settings tab.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can open the door while moving early and doing good damage to whatever looks good

E: I sent in a change to my orders, the second set is the correct one TIG

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 14, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you open the door early in the round I just worry about you getting attacked by whatever is in the room, unless you were going to go invisible as well?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I'd assumed he was going to stun something.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
That would make sense with ice waning, but there could be a few baddies.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I could stun something but only in melee range or with loss. I've got another plan instead to get any baddie behind the door away. I can fall back on the invisibility cloak if needed.

I should be safe, especially since Bull is planning to head in as well.

I can change my plan if you'd prefer opening the door though. We got time

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

I could stun something but only in melee range or with loss. I've got another plan instead to get any baddie behind the door away. I can fall back on the invisibility cloak if needed.

I should be safe, especially since Bull is planning to head in as well.

I can change my plan if you'd prefer opening the door though. We got time

Nah, it's all good.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just an FYI for our EU followers, having a bit of a busy day at work today, the update will run a bit late (probably afternoon/evening GMT)!

EDIT: got a clarification from one of our players, running the update now!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 15, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Living Bones 1 should be at 4HP since it only had SHIELD2 instead of SHIELD3.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Feedback Loop.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 40 with Fatal Advance and Balanced Measures.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 77 with Backup Ammunition and Dirt Tornado.

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps 4 to door hex.

- City Guard 3(E), 5(E), 1, 4 revealed!
- City Archer 1(E), 3, 4 revealed!
- Living Corpse 1, 3, 4, 5 revealed!

This is about to get messy!

As a reminder, INVISIBILITY while on a door tile prevents any melee enemy from focusing something in the adjacent room, since they wouldn't be able to reach their focus even if they had infinite movement; that means that if Splinter goes invisibile, at the current state of things each room will devolve into a separate fight.

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 15, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Uh, you have Bullwinkle moving on Splinter's turn, which is a neat trick.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:ohdear:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Uh, you have Bullwinkle moving on Splinter's turn, which is a neat trick.

Automation! :argh:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Wow. Okay. This works fine, actually.

If Splinter stays on the door and does NOT turn invisible, she can immobilize one of the normal guards. If she does, she'll only take an attack from one normal guard:

Elite guard 3 will focus Living Corpse 4 and move to B5.
Elite guard 5 will focus Living Corpse 6 and move to A4 (the corpse is 3 hexes away to Splinter's 4)
One of the normal guards won't move, the other will move to attack Splinter.

This will leave a spot open for Bullwinkle to charge through and wreck something. I won't be able to effectively use Tornado, but I can just set up Backup Ammo so it's fine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yep, that's my read as well. Its not a bad position to be in. We need to get in the big scrum fast though. 3 elites souls tear through those undead so we don't have much time with the meat shields available

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Absolutely, though the Corpses getting killed isn't a bad thing. They are limited to 6 figures, so every one that stays alive is one that can't get set up in future rooms.

The same is true of the guards - there are currently 5 6 on the map, so if we were to open the next door now, at most 1 none would get placed. It's probably a good idea to at least leave the elite guards alive as we move to the next room.

v My bad, thanks!

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 15, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

All six Guards are currently on the map!

There are 3 out of 6 Archers, 4 out of 10 Bones and 4 out of 6 Corpses too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I don't believe I'll be able to reach any of the archers, so I'll go put some hurt on one of the elite city guards. If we can knock one out then the living corpses will be able to get out of that corner at least. I do need to get a kill on a city guard for my trophy collection at some point.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 15, 2019