Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
E: what a terrible post to start a new page on ahah.

Trasson posted:

I enjoy two thirds of the guards offloading their work onto their buddy.

^^^^ How many of them are either too old for this poo poo or two weeks away from retirement?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Just my opinion as an observer but the 3 -1s should have been decided between the players.

It won't really make a huge difference but I don't think it should be RNG in the future.

Fair enough, but I had to play through the update and draw from the characters's modifier decks; I'll try to avoid the situation whenever possible.

EDIT: orders are in, working on the update!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Black Barrow, Update 3

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green in turns following the one they are played in. Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter the Mindthief is lightning fast, at initiative 08 with Fearsome Blade (top) & Perverse Edge (bot). INTENT: kill Bandit Guard 6 and STUN Bandit Guard 2.
code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Bullwinkle the Brute is also very fast, at initiative 10 quite fast, at 27 with Sweeping Blows (top) & Spare Dagger (bot). INTENT: to maximize Bandit Guard targets while minimizing allied splash damage from Rocky's AOE.
code:
"SWEEPING BLOW (64) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, PBAOE (check card)
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH1 (Target all adjacent enemies)"

"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"
Rocky the Cragheart is slow even when it's fast, at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance (top) & Massive Boulder (bot). INTENT: target the enemy that maximizes splash to enemies while minimizing friendly fire.
code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
MONSTERS OVERWIEV
This time, all the players are going fast and whoever is left among the Guard ranks is acting after them. The Guards are having a weak turn, buffing themselves with STRENGHTEN for the following turn (STRENGHTEN grants them all advantage on their attacks, allowing each Guard to resolve their ATK by drawing two modifier cards and choosing the best one).

"Black Barrow, Round 2 posted:

08. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief
Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 6 for 5 (+2, +1) damage! Gains 1 XP!
Master Splinter is at 1 XP
Bandit Guard 6 is killed!
Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Bandit Guard 2 with disadvantage for 3 (+2, +0/+0) damage! Gains 1 XP!
Bandit Guard 2 is killed!
Master Splinter is at 2 XP
Generate ICE!

10. 27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute
Bullwinkle's primary intent conflicts with secondary! PLAN B also conflicts! Can't hit more than 1 enemy without suffering friendly fire splash!
Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves 1 to F4.
Bullwinkle uses Sweeping Blows (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 5 for 1 (-1) damage! Attacks Bandit Guard 1 and draws NULL! Attacks Bandit Guard 4 for 3 (+1) damage!
:xcom:
Bandit Guard 5 is at 2 HP
Bandit Guard 4 is at 2 HP

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart
Rocky's primary intent conflicts with secondary! PLAN B also conflicts! Can't hit any enemy without causing friendly fire splash!
Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Moves 2 to D2! Master Splinter and Bandit Guard 5 suffer 1 damage!
Bandit Guard 5 is at 1 HP
Master Splinter is at 5 HP
Generates EARTH!

Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 3 for 4 (+1) damage! Bandit Guard 1 and 4 suffer 1 damage! EXTRA TARGET from pemanent bonus! Attacks Bandit Guard 1 for 2 (-1) damage! Bullwinkle, Bandit Guard 3, 4 and 5 suffer 1 damage!
Bandit Guard 3 is killed!
Bandit Guard 4 is killed!
Bandit Guard 5 is killed!
Bandit Guard 1 is at 2 HP
Backup Ammunition 1st trigger! Rocky gains 1XP

55. Bandit Guard 1
Bandit Guard 1 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 3 (+1) damage!
Bullwinkle is at 4 HP

END OF ROUND ACTIONS
- Rocky executes automatic end of round looting, gains 1 coin token.
- Bullwinkle's attack modifiers deck is shuffled!
- EARTH becomes waning
- ICE becomes waning
- Bandit Guard 1 gains STRENGHTEN

A Null attack modifier means that the attack does no damage at all - but other effects are applied normally. Bullwinkle has taken a bit of a beating, but most enemies lay dead on the ground; next round, the Guards are going to benefit from STRENGHTEN, though!

SalTheBard, please let me know if you want to lose a card from your hand or two from your discard pile to prevent the 3 damage attack!

Reik, Some Numbers and SalTheBard, please submit your orders for round 3!
- Specify two plans, using the two possible combinations of top/bottom. PLAN A is your preferred one.
- Select one or more preferred target(s) for your attacks. (IE: "n.3"; or "n.4 if it's still alive, otherwise n.5")
- Select one or more preferred final location for your movements.
- Specify the maximum enemy focus threshold you will tolerate: if your selected orders move you in a place that puts you into N+ enemy focus, I'll try to accomodate that into your orders. This is to avoid potential suicide rushes, since you will operate without full knowledge of potential enemy positions.
- (OPTIONAL) add your intention for the round. This will allow me to better understand and execute your idea (IE: I want to grab focus from the enemies trying to kill PlayerX).

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 24, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

That Italian Guy posted:

Fair enough, but I had to play through the update and draw from the characters's modifier decks; I'll try to avoid the situation whenever possible.

Split as evenly as possible and then RNG?

Or simply make the players decide on the first turn, as they send you the orders.

EDIT: Oh, update. You're being efficient, only 1HP loss (I think) and 2/3 of the room cleared is pretty good.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 23, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The way I read the outcome, all 3 cards have to be assigned to a single hero? It say "One starts the scenario with x" but I agree the decision on who the "One" is should be left to the players as much as possible.

Also I just realized I've missed to report 1 damage on Bullwinkle's sheet...and to attack with the remaining Guards. Ops! Will be fixed asap, was in a bit of a rush. Learning experience, etc. Since this is at the very end of the round, I'll fix the issue; if errors can't be solved, as a rule of thumb, I'll keep things as they are if they favor the players, but I'll fix errors and replay the round if they disfavor them).

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 23, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The update has been corrected to reflect the Bandit Guards's actions. SalTheBard, please let me know if you want to lose a card from your hand or two from your discard pile to prevent the 3 damage attack (and which one(s) in that case)!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I suggest not describing looting 1 coin at the end of your turn by standing on it (the default loot action) as "loot 1" given that that has a specific meaning for the game. Either call it "loot 0" and report how many coins are gained, or don't use the word "loot" to describe the end of turn looting at all.

Also, Perverse Edge is a ranged attack even when used against an adjacent target. You appear to have given it the +2 bonus granted by The Mind's Weakness to melee attacks only.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

I suggest not describing looting 1 coin at the end of your turn by standing on it (the default loot action) as "loot 1" given that that has a specific meaning for the game. Either call it "loot 0" and report how many coins are gained, or don't use the word "loot" to describe the end of turn looting at all.

Also, Perverse Edge is a ranged attack even when used against an adjacent target. You appear to have given it the +2 bonus granted by The Mind's Weakness to melee attacks only.

You are absolutely right, I'll add an "End of Round" section in the combat log to better keep track of all those effects. Also you are right about the The Mind's Weakness not applying to Perverse Edge - we'll follow our guidelines and keep things as they are since my mistake is in the player's favor.

Also Bandit Guard 5 has been killed by the splash from Massive Boulder! Fixing the screenshot.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 23, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I am massively confused about what just happened. I specifically said I wanted to throw my Boulders before moving.

Also, how did my Attack 3 deal 4 and 2 damage when drawing a +1 both times?

Edit: Wait, how did the Brute move at Init 10 with a 64 and a 27???

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 23, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fat Samurai posted:

Split as evenly as possible and then RNG?

Or simply make the players decide on the first turn, as they send you the orders.

EDIT: Oh, update. You're being efficient, only 1HP loss (I think) and 2/3 of the room cleared is pretty good.

One character has to take all 3 -1s. You can't split them up.

Also go team! You're still doing pretty well!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Alright, let's reply in order :)

Some Numbers posted:

I am massively confused about what just happened. I specifically said I wanted to throw my Boulders before moving.
I've tried to apply the intent over the basic order of action as submitted, since you can't react to what has happened in the turn before you go. In this case I've taken the message "maximize targets for Massive Boulder while minimizing friendly fire" as the most important part of your oder; you could only hit several enemies without causing double friendly fire by targeting Guard 3, but it was out of range without a move.
This is the kind of thing I was talking about when discussing potential issues with the current order systems.
If anyone feels like this is robbing them or other players of agency/making the game not fun, please let me know and we'll switch to a 2 step system. This is very important to me and for the LP, so if you feel this way, don't hesitate to let me know :)

quote:

Also, how did my Attack 3 deal 4 and 2 damage when drawing a +1 both times?
Copy/paste error; the damage is correct, the second attack should read 2 (-1) instead of 2 (+1)

quote:

Edit: Wait, how did the Brute move at Init 10 with a 64 and a 27???
I've trusted SalTheBard's PM regarding their init without double checking :argh:
Jokes aside, fault on me for not double checking it, but no harm done as 27 is still faster than 29 - the next initiative in the order.

EDIT2: quality of updates should get back to acceptable levels at the end of the holidays as soon as I'm not forced to release content on a 13'' ancient laptop without a second monitor to avoid furiously alt-tabbing; and Photoshop instead of a lovely online image editor, at least that's the hope. Also NOTE: the next update will be the last one before Christmas; we'll resume on the 26th or the 27th depending on the active players preferences (so please let me know)!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 23, 2018

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Shouldn't guard #5 be dead? He's listed as dying from Cragheart's attack, but is still around and doing things afterwards.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

DarthRoblox posted:

Shouldn't guard #5 be dead? He's listed as dying from Cragheart's attack, but is still around and doing things afterwards.

Bandit Guard 5 was definitely already dead in the previous screenshot/log and was not hanging around like a totally alive monster, why do you ask? Rats! :argh:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Sorry to muck things up even more, but my Perverse Edge ranged attack did not benefit from The Mind's Weakness because it was a ranged attack, even if done adjacent. Bandit 2 should still be alive, but they were stunned.

EDIT: Oh, sorry I see you already addressed this.

Do you guys want to spend this round finishing bandit 1 and looting, and next round I'll open the door and go invisible?

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 23, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

quote:

I'm going on 10.

I want to use the Bottom of Spare Dagger (attack 2) on Bandit #5
I want to use the Top of Sweeping Blows on Bandit #5 and #6

Alternate scenario: (I will leave this up to you to decide which one will be better given what my partners do)
My INTENT is to try to use Sweeping Blow to attack the max amount of bandits that I can.

I'm going on 64
Using bottom of Grab and Go to get into position to hit 3 bandits
Using top of Sweeping Strike to hit 3 bandits"]

I specified 2 different initiatives

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reik posted:

Do you guys want to spend this round finishing bandit 1 and looting, and next round I'll open the door and go invisible?

That's my exact plan. I'm priming to kill the guard and pick up some coins.

SalTheBard posted:

:psyduck: How were you planning to go on Init 10? How were you playing three cards? I'm so confused.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

:psyduck: How were you planning to go on Init 10? How were you playing three cards? I'm so confused.

I think it's just a misunderstanding of the rules.

You select your 2 cards and your initiative before you know what your partners are doing.

I'm also to going to try and kill the guard, but Nulls are a thing so no reason to not both have a way of finishing them.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Apologies if I wasn't clear on this, but even if you have 2 possible plans, you still need to chose only 2 cards and pick one of the them as your leadig one for initiative! Also I thought the second initiative was a copy/paste error from a previous plan involving Grab and Go instead of Spare Dagger/Sweeping Blow :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

I'm sorry I thought we were specifying two different sets of actions. My apologies!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I thought we were specifying two different sets of actions. My apologies!

Apologies if I wasn't clear! You are allowed to specify two courses of action, but both have to use the same two cards; and you have to pick only one initiative. I'm asking for two plans causes you are not forced to choose between the top and the bottom of both cards in advance, in normal Gloomhaven... You would normally choose when your turn comes up, but since we play in an asynchronous way, I need to know what you do plan to do with both possible combinations :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
During table talk are we allowed to say what hex we plan on moving to, or would that be revealing a number since it would indicate a minimum move value we're playing?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

During table talk are we allowed to say what hex we plan on moving to, or would that be revealing a number since it would indicate a minimum move value we're playing?

You can say literally anything except specific initiative numbers and card names.

My group regularly says things like "I'm going as fast as my character can go and doing XYZ". All of us know exactly what that number is but it doesn't matter as long as you don't say it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Okay, I am moving as fast as I can to hex E3 and attacking the bandit. If it doesn't die, it will at least be Stunned.

I think the more specific we can be about our turns, the less uncertainty or contingencies we will need to build in to our plans we send in.

Reik fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 23, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

Okay, I am moving as fast as I can to hex E3 and attacking the bandit.

I think the more specific we can be about our turns, the less uncertainty or contingencies we will need to build in to our plans we send in.

Absolutely, go wild! Reposting in case it got lost in between updates (and adding to the OP):
As long as you avoid specific numerical values and card names, you can say whatever you want.
So, Things you are allowed to say:
- Your general plan for the round;
- The "speed" you'll act on (IE: I'll be fast, slow, very slow, etc) - note that this could mean different things for different characters!
- Things like "I'll go fast and try to kill that guy"
- "I'll STUN this monster, so you can ignore it for this round"
- "I'll do light damage to this, this and that enemy"
- "Don't move near me or you'll get damaged".
- "Push that guy onto that trap"
- "I need someone to generate FIRE and I'm going medium speed"
- "If you stay near me and go slow I can buff you"
- "I will move into that hex and attack that enemy"
- And so on.

Things you are NOT allowed to say:
- "I'll act at initiative 15."
- "I'll do 6 damage to that guy."
- "I'll play Trample and Skewer this round."
- And so on.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 23, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reik posted:

Okay, I am moving as fast as I can to hex E3 and attacking the bandit. If it doesn't die, it will at least be Stunned.

Of course you are.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Of course you are.

I'm confused, is there something else I should be doing?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

I'm confused, is there something else I should be doing?

I believe your ally is saying that you are not to be trusted all alone with the silverware. The usual stereotypes about sewer rats!
:allears:

E: vvvv see? There is no vermlings profiling going on!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No, it's fine, I was just planning to grab the coin on E3.

Don't worry about it, this is how Gloomhaven goes. It's only semi-cooperative.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I don't mind moving over to hex C5 instead, I'll just have to go a little slower if I do. Would you prefer that?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Take the money.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Corbeau posted:

Take the money.

Either way I'd be taking money, it's just a matter of initiative.

EDIT: How much extra work would it be to take a screenshot of the board at the end of every initiative? It would be cool to see how the round resolves.

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 23, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Seriously, it's not a big deal, it's something that you get used to when you play with people who all have low initiative cards.

I would absolutely appreciate it if you went to another hex, but it's not necessary.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Seriously, it's not a big deal, it's something that you get used to when you play with people who all have low initiative cards.

I would absolutely appreciate it if you went to another hex, but it's not necessary.

I'll go to C5, guards are pretty slow IIRC. That will also get me one hex closer to the door and make my next turn a little more flexible. If you two want to go a bit later in the round one of you can pick up the coin token I'm most likely going to convert him in to.

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 23, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

Either way I'd be taking money, it's just a matter of initiative.

EDIT: How much extra work would it be to take a screenshot of the board at the end of every initiative? It would be cool to see how the round resolves.

I was wondering if that would be needed and it should be doable! As per a lot of things, my first take was to try and mirror PTN's excellent Battletech LP...but ofc GH is easier to do a round to round map update for compared to BT's massive boards.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm awaiting orders from SalTheBard for round3; I've reached out to them to see if they need an extension.

In the meantime, we can discuss how to address an occasional missed deadline with no notice (it's ok if it happens but we know to expect it; repeated missed deadlines with "no show" will trigger a sub in). This is what I had in mind, but I'd like to know the general opinion on these possible choices if there has been no reply after the deadline is over:
A) Try to use what the missing player has said in the thread and reconstruct their orders for the round.
PRO: fast;
CON: only partial agency left to the players; only possible if there is any planning in the thread.
B) Allow the remaining players to plan the round for the missing one.
PRO: agency stays in the hand of the players;
CON: extra responsibilities on the active players, slower.
B1) Allow the remaining players thread at large to plan the round for the missing one.
PRO: agency stays in the hand of the thread;
CON: slower, potentially hard to reconcile multiple plans :goonsay:
C) Pick two random cards and play them out.
CON: random, could waste powerful cards.
D) Play the round for the player.
CON: :(

E: added option B1!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 24, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I like B or letting the thread vote on it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sorry, was watching Chiefs game, drink Nog and Bourbon. I just woke up, and I'll get that over to you shortly

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm moving slow, going to finish off Bandit if necessary and then opening the door to keep this party rolling!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry, was watching Chiefs game, drink Nog and Bourbon. I just woke up, and I'll get that over to you shortly

No worries Sal, it's the season to be jolly after all!

Orders are in, update to follow, today! Also please vote on how you would like to proceed in case of missing orders if there is a "no show" :)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

SalTheBard posted:

Are you literally me? :stare:

e: Actually, my vote on a MIA player turn is to just take the first plan posted in the thread. Regardless of effectiveness. :getin: Covers both proceeding with the game quickly and leaving agency in the thread's hands.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Black Barrow, Update 4
I'm splitting up the stats and map portion of the update to speed things up and to better be able to rectify errors that only involve one or the other. TTS has the potential to add text (to mark down hex coordinates in this case) but...it's a bit limited, as you can see.

Last Round pending actions posted:

Bullwinkle loses Shield Bash to prevent 3 damage!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green in turns following the one they are played in. Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter the Mindthief is the fastest, as usual, at initiative 29, with Feedback Loop and Frigid Apparition. INTENT: move to any hex within 4 and within reach of the guard, preferably one with loot; prioritize the hex closest to the door.
code:
"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Rocky the Cragheart is unusually fast, at initiative 35, with Crushing Grasp and Crater. INTENT: kill the last Guard; if impossible, maximize looting.
code:
"CRUSHING GRASP (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate EARTH
BOT: LOOT1"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle the Brute is going last at initiative 77, with Grab and Go and Balanced Measures. INTENT: kill the Guard if still alive and open the door.
code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
MONSTERS OVERWIEV
There is only one Guard left...but it's acting at initiative 15 and using SHIELD and RETALIATION, being able to potentially damage all the players! Also...if a door is opened, everything on the other side will be able to act (retroactively so, if their initiative turn has passed already).

Black Barrow, Round 3 posted:

15. Bandit Guard 1
Bandit Guard 1 activates SHIELD1! Activates RETALIATION2!

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief
Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Moves 4 to C5.
Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 1 for 1 (-1, SHIELD1) damage! Comsumes ICE. Gains 1XP.
Bandit Guard 1 is at 1 HP and is STUNNED
Master Splinter suffers 2 damage from RETALIATE
Master Splinter is at 3 HP

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart
Rocky uses Crater (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 1 for 4 (+1) damage! Consumes EARTH. Gains 1XP
Bandit Guard 1 is killed!
Backup Ammunition 2nd trigger! Rocky gains 1XP
Rocky uses Crushing Grasp (bot). LOOT1 for 2 coin tokens.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute
Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves 3 to A4. Door opened!

Bandit Guard 2(E) revelead!
Bandit Archer 1, 2, 6(E) revealed!

Bullwinkle moves 1 to N2(2).
Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Bandit Guard 2(E) for 5 (+1) damage! Gains 1XP
Bandit Guard 2(E) is at 4 HP

15*. Bandit Guard 2(E)
Bandit Guard 2(E) activates SHIELD1! Activates RETALIATION2!

44*. Bandit Archer 6(E), 1, 2
Bandit Archer 6(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to D2(2)
Bandit Archer 1 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to C1(2)
Bandit Archer 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to C3(2)

END OF ROUND ACTIONS
Master Splinter executes automatic end of round looting, gains 1 coin token.

RATS! posted:

I've realized I have not applied the correct +2 modifier to Reik's melee attack from The Mind's Weakness.

This means two things:
1) Master Splinter has not suffered RETALIATION damage, since the guard was killed.
2) Rocky would have not gained XP from the attack.

Error 1 will be rectified
Error 2 is at the player advantage and won't be rectified (since Some Numbers had no plans to use the top of Crater if the guard was dead; and their intent was to maximize looting, done by using Crushing Grasp (bot). I have updated stats in the last screenshot.
The two with red borders next to the top door are Spike Traps. Anyone who enters that tile without Jump or Fly will trigger the trap, causing the tile to be removed. They'll also suffer an amount of damage based on the Scenario level (2, in this case).
Usually it's a bit risky to open a door as the last hero action, as you are left at the mercy of the creatures on the other side...but everything has worked out quite well for the players in this case!

Reik, Some Numbers and SalTheBard, please submit your orders for round 4!
- Specify two plans, using the two possible combinations of top/bottom. PLAN A is your preferred one.
- Select one or more preferred target(s) for your attacks. (IE: "n.3"; or "n.4 if it's still alive, otherwise n.5")
- Select one or more preferred final location for your movements.
- Specify the maximum enemy focus threshold you will tolerate: if your selected orders move you in a place that puts you into N+ enemy focus, I'll try to accomodate that into your orders. This is to avoid potential suicide rushes, since you will operate without full knowledge of potential enemy positions.
- (OPTIONAL) add your intention for the round. This will allow me to better understand and execute your idea (IE: I want to grab focus from the enemies trying to kill PlayerX).

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: DECEMBER 27TH, 3AM EST:getin:
If (and only if) every order is in by December 26th instead, I'll update earlier. I don't want anyone to feel compelled to do so, though :)

Happy Sacred Oak day everyone!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 24, 2018