Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I want to clarify that it doesn't really bother me, I was just working under a different base assumption is all. I'll be scooping up a coin on my way towards the upper door.

EDIT: OK, I sent in updated orders for this turn and next turn. This turn I'm moving up, scooping a coin if I can, and buffing myself. Next turn I'll move into range and use a big ranged attack on whatever I can.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zurai posted:

So we're not even pretending not to know what's in there then? OK. I'll revise my orders and send them in when I get home.

I mean, I don't remember what's in each room.

I'm just going with the flow.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

So we're not even pretending not to know what's in there then? OK. I'll revise my orders and send them in when I get home.

I will happily play dumb if the thread wants but I can't unremember things. It might even be funny. :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
It was nice that I actually hadn't played Scenario 11, so I had no idea what the rooms had. Going back through scenario 1 though, it was hard to not use prior knowledge, I tried to err on the side of caution, too.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
That's fine, no one is going to police anyone on acquired knowledge - as Elephant Ambush has said, it's not like you can force yourself to un-remember things. The game should be fun even if you know already what to expect, we'll just get some "optimized" plays (and we may crank individual Scenarios difficulty up if all the players already know it and want to); the LP should still be enjoyable for someone following the thread blind. Of course and because of that, please make sure not to spoil the content of future rooms itt.

Also, I forgot to turn on my remote machine today :/ So the update is going to be delayed to later afternoon GMT. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I like the idea of cranking the difficulty if veterans are playing. And IMO veterans should always be backups instead of in the main player rotation. I love participating in this but I would prefer that others get preference over myself.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Crypt of the Damned 5A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Into the Night.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Hostile Takeover.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 64 with Sweeping Blow and Leaping Cleave.

64. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"SWEEPING BLOW (64) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, PBAOE (check image)
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH1 (Target all adjacent enemies)"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded5, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 77 with Backup Ammunition and Avalanche.

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"AVALANCHE (75) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, PBAOE (check image), Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1 - XP1 - LOSS
BOT: Create two single-hex obstacles in empty hexes adjacent to you - Generate EARTH"

Crypt of the Damned 5B

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to B3.
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (top)! LOOT1 and gains 4 coin tokens! Loses INVISIBLE token.
DARK is now strong.

:sparkles:

64. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps 2 to door (1) hex! Jumps 1 to C7
- Bullwinkle uses Sweeping Blow (top)! No action taken!
AIR is now strong.

When door (1) is opened posted:

You bash in the door, thinking you are prepared for anything. Before you, however, stands a creature of pure elemental energy, enraged and demonic. It takes you a second to collect yourself. As if animating the dead wasn’t enough for these lunatics.

Earth Demon 1(E), 6 revealed!
Treasure Tile 46 revealed!

Rock on rock violence: soon.

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

- Rocky uses Avalanche (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to C3
- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (top)! Persistent Bonus active: On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger, then LOSS.

87. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 2 to B3. Consumes EARTH, generates EARTH.
- Earth Demon 6 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to C3.

The multicolored piechart symbol with a red cross over means "Consume ANY element". Monsters consume/infuse the element as a group when the 1st monster takes their turn, with all the currently revealed monsters of that type gaining any benefit. However, if new monsters of that type are later revealed, they would need to consume the element again to gain the benefit (assuming it is available).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- DARK is now waning.
- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.
I've started playing out Round 6 here, but then I've realized that
A) I don't have orders for Bullwinkle and
B) I could play Master Splinter's initial movement to open the top door, but I would either have to deny info to Some Numbers or provide info to Elephant Ambush before they had picked STEP A cards for Round 6.
I've decided to stop here for a moment, mostly cause Master Splinter's orders could be played out in 2 different ways EDIT2:
this is not true, actually...I'm a dummy!

EDIT: actually hold on...Bullwinkle only had 2 cards left. I'll play out the start of ROUND 6 to move things along!

Crypt of the Damned 6A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Gnawing Horde.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"
Bullwinkle (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Overwhelming Assault.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"OVERWHELMING ASSAULT (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK6 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH2 (Target one adjacent enemy)"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded6, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 53 with Forceful Storm and Explosive Punch.

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

Crypt of the Damned 6B

- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves3 to door hex!

Wind Demon 6(E), 1 revealed!
Cultist 1, 3 revealed!
Treasure Tile 38 revealed!

So yeah...Wind Demons are bad news. Cultist keep being nice though! Also Elephant Ambush please let me know if you want to act at initiative 35 or 61! I initially thought that there would be no reason to want to go slow, but of course you may want to skewer something top in case your allies fall back into the corridor. Going at 61 would expose you to a couple of nasty cards in the Earth Demons deck, but you could have taken the risk...so since I've deprived you of this (actually meaningful) choice, I'll let you pick now even if you have more info than you should ;)

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 26, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Gonna trundle towards the upper door then long rest next turn.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

quote:

Earth demons look like nothing special but :catstare: the wind demons.
Are those attacks melee or do they get to do that BS at their default range? I see no actual range on the attack card so I want to say melee.

If air is available (timely skewer there) do they attack twice or is that a boost on the attack 2/3 line?

I've forgot, what was the objective here? Murder everything or something more involved?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Omobono posted:

Are those attacks melee or do they get to do that BS at their default range? I see no actual range on the attack card so I want to say melee.

If air is available (timely skewer there) do they attack twice or is that a boost on the attack 2/3 line?

I've forgot, what was the objective here? Murder everything or something more involved?

The grey hexes denote where the wind demon is standing, so those are melee attacks.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Wind demons are ... okay. They aren't as bad as fire demons, but they are fast, flying, and annoying. If air is available, they just upgrade their attack pattern to the 6-hex one. (And in case you're wondering, all of them get the boost; it's not just the first one who acts.) And yeah, it's melee; you can tell by the grey hex, which is a "you are here" indicator. It's a signal you should get out of fireball formation if possible. :)

Earth Demons ramp up fairly fast. At this level, they are just big, dumb, slow-moving bags of HP that can deliver a solid wallop. They're probably the least-scary demons, though. I dunno, Ice may be easier at this level for most characters.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I might as well bend over for this elite wind demon. Also the enemies really are not cooperating in this room -- I'm going to have to choose between retreating and only hitting the elite Wind Demon with Forceful Storm, advancing and leaving myself open for another reaming next turn to hit the Cultist and normal Wind Demon, or not using Forceful Storm at all.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Goddammit, that air is poorly timed. I can shank a Wind Demon, but I'll get hit hard in return.

How much movement do I have left?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

WAIT.

Are you saying that a single charged Air will let BOTH Wind Demons get the boosted attack?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

WAIT.

Are you saying that a single charged Air will let BOTH Wind Demons get the boosted attack?

Yes.

Zurai just retreat. We haven't even rested once yet. We have tons of time.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

How much movement do I have left?

You have 1 Movement point left from Gnawing Horde, plus Scurry top!

And yeah, I've copy/pasted the "Monster consuming resources" rules in the last update :eng101:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

WAIT.

Yeah any time a group of monsters does some kind of fuckery with elements, you do it once and all enemies of that type get the benefit.

If there's a weird situation where, say, two different groups wanted Dark or something, only the first group to eat it gets the benefit unless (lucky you) it gets created again in the meantime.

(Other important note: Demons do a thing where they consume "any element" to create their favorite. The players get to decide which one gets eaten. And yes, you can say they consume the same element they will create.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think I'm running away? I don't really want to take two boosted Wind Demon attacks.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Can't Bullwinkle eat the air with Skewer before then?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

Can't Bullwinkle eat the air with Skewer before then?

Those were my last 2 cards and I was planning on long resting next turn.

Edit: wait poo poo I think you're right. But I can't guarantee I will go before them next turn.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Those were my last 2 cards and I was planning on long resting next turn.

Edit: wait poo poo I think you're right. But I can't guarantee I will go before them next turn.
Am I completely misunderstanding? It has up there that you're going at 35 with Skewer and whatever else on this turn. TIG even asked if you wanted to go at 35 or 60whatever

I am not playing and I admit I am bad at reading this format of gameplay so I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 26, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I believe he can only eat the air if he actually attacks something with it, which would mean tangling with that Elite Earth Demon. And I'd still be eating the Elite Wind Demon's attack. But it would save Splinter from the increased AOE assuming he moves properly so it may be worth it.

I'll be falling back and disarming the elite so at least we don't have to get hit next turn. I don't like leaving those cultists alone in the upper room but I'm certainly not going to charge in there unsupported.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

Am I completely misunderstanding? It has up there that you're going at 35 with Skewer and whatever else on this turn. TIG even asked if you wanted to go at 35 or 60whatever

I am not playing and I admit I am bad at reading this format of gameplay so I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Holy poo poo I'm stupid. Yes please have me consume the wind if possible. But I'm not sure if I can because I can't attack without a target.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Scratch that.

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 26, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What if Bullwinkle moves in and pushes the Elite Demon two spaces away from him so it can't move into melee range?

In fact, the cutest thing you could do is run in onto the trap, push the Elite Demon to the other side of the normal and then hit the normal with Skewer.

Alternately, you could just push the Elite away and hit the normal from B3 and you wouldn't take that much more damage.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

What if Bullwinkle moves in and pushes the Elite Demon two spaces away from him so it can't move into melee range?

In fact, the cutest thing you could do is run in onto the trap, push the Elite Demon to the other side of the normal and then hit the normal with Skewer.

Alternately, you could just push the Elite away and hit the normal from B3 and you wouldn't take that much more damage.

That sets Bullwinkle up for potentially a rough round long resting the following turn.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Short rest?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hmm, the long rest is much better.

Rocky, can you get in there and pull at least some aggro?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I could short rest. I probably should just to minimize risk. If I somehow get hit for lethal I have no cards and I'm toast so yeah I can do that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Then I'll hit a Wind Demon and hope I don't get destroyed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TIG, when you update our XP and coin totals, I'm short 1 XP.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That Italian Guy when I short rest I would like to protect Balanced Measure. I'm good with losing anything else.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crypt of the Damned 6B continued

- Master Splinter is 1XP short!

- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves 1 to A4.
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves3 to D5. Attacks Wind Demon 1 for 3 (3base, +0mod +2bonus, SHIELD2) damage!
Wind Demon 1 is killed!

That was a very necessary hit! Master Spliter has 0 cards in her hand at the moment, so she couldn't prevent a lethal attack, since you can only Short Rest at the end of the Round.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Overwhelming Assault (bot)! Moves 2 to A2. Trap triggered in A2! Bullwinkle suffers 3 Trap damage!. PUSH2 Earth Demon 1(E) to D2.
Bullwinkle is at 8 HP.
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR! Attacks Earth Demon 6 for 5 (4base, +1mod, PIERCE1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Earth Demon 6 is at 4 HP

A difficult play to spot! This deprives the Wind Demon(s) of the AIR infusion and protects Bullwinkle, since Earth Demons are slooow.

37. Wind Demons posted:

- Wind Demon 6(E) focuses Master Splinter! Flies 3 to C5. Attacks Master Splinter for 0 (3 base, NULL mod) damage!

Oh well...

39. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 1 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 1 to E3.
- Cultist 3 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 1 to D3.

53. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves 3 to A3.
- Rocky uses Forceful Storm (top)! Attacks Cultist 3 for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP. Attacks Cultist 1 for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Cultist 3 is at 3 HP and is DISARMED!
Cultist 1 is at 2 HP and is DISARMED!
Backup Ammunition's first trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Wind Demon 6(E) for 4 (3base, x2mod, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 1XP.
Wind Demon 6(E) is at 1 HP and is DISARMED!

Remember when I said Wind Demons were bad news? Yeah.

83. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 1(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to C2.
- Earth Demon 6 focuses Bullwinkle! Does nothing!
EARTH is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Monsters deck is shuffled!
- Rocky's deck is shuffled!
- DARK is now inert!
- EARTH is now waning.

I'm not 100% on who's Short Resting (Bullwinkle only? Master Splinter as well?) so I'll post pone this for now. Active players, please let me know!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 27, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks for doing that without me sending in proper orders, That Italian Guy. I was completely wiped out when I got home last night and totally forgot about it. That said, can I have used my Piercing Bow to bypass the Shield on the Wind Demon? I believe my initial orders for the 2 round turn that got interrupted by this room being opened mentioned using the Bow if there were any Shielded enemies within the AOE, so it's not (only) coming from seeing the damned thing at just 1 HP.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ops! Yeah your order did include a "If there are enemies with Shield in the AOE, or if there are no potential enemies with Shield remaining, use the Piercing Bow" clause, my bad! That wind demon is dead :skeltal:

E: vvvv That's true of course :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 27, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

That Italian Guy posted:

That was a very necessary hit! Master Spliter has 0 cards in her hand at the moment, so she couldn't prevent a lethal attack, since you can only Short Rest at the end of the Round.

You can also lose two cards from your discard pile to prevent damage, instead of one card from your hand. This is rarely ever optimal, but it is still preferable to death.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

OK, that worked out really well. Some Numbers, do you want to stay and finish off the cultists or should I? I can mostly finish them off this turn (possibly completely finishing them off with a little luck), but you can catch up with Bullwinkle faster. And you also have way better initiative numbers than I do so more chance to get to them before they do anything unpleasant.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Rocky should have gotten 4xp that round, right?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurai posted:

OK, that worked out really well. Some Numbers, do you want to stay and finish off the cultists or should I? I can mostly finish them off this turn (possibly completely finishing them off with a little luck), but you can catch up with Bullwinkle faster. And you also have way better initiative numbers than I do so more chance to get to them before they do anything unpleasant.

Sure, I can start running back out if you want to hang out and clean up.

TIG, I will short rest, definitely protecting Scurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Lol you guys blew those wind demons up good.

Is it cool if we discuss the wind demon deck now? Because those guys are assholes.