Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I also vote for Option A, but say take 5 each from Splinter and Bullwinkle. They have all the cash right now!

heck yeah let's buy this weird thing from a creepy Vermling that's totally not out for revenge

edit: end-of-scenario update on previous page

double-edit: small typo in the "Final Stats" box. You wrote that it's scenario level 1 so coins are 2 gold each, when it should say scenario level 2 and 3 gold per coin (I think the amount received by the players is correct).

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

If we’re pedantically noting typos, you’ve written “heather” shield instead of “heater” shield in literally every update.

I didn’t have the heart to say anything until now. :(

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Xiahou Dun posted:

If we’re pedantically noting typos, you’ve written “heather” shield instead of “heater” shield in literally every update.

I didn’t have the heart to say anything until now. :(

Victim of my own copy/paste :argh: And yeah I've counted 3golds/coin, but forgot to update the end of a scenario template :v:

City Management VII, Update 1
We are now the proud owners of a new, different, piece of trash from the sewers! We're going to split the bill 3 ways, with Master Splinter paying 4 gold and Rocky and Bullwinkle 3 each.

City Event 3, resolution posted:

Effect: Gain 1 collective Curious Gear and gain Global Achievement Ancient Technology!

The Curious Gear can be immediately assigned to one of our characters, kept in reserve in our stash or sold for 25 gold. Ancient Technology is a 5-steps achievement; once we'll manage to collect 4 more pieces of junk and/or info about these things, we'll get to open Envelope A!

Let's discuss where our party should head to next, even if we don't need to leave immediately...
NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We've found the location of the Clockwork Cove (66) in a treasure chest in Scenario 1. As the name implies, we would face constructs, traps and puzzles. This is a Side Scenario. This is what we can expect from the Scenario:

- We may want to investigate these sightings of a Dragon-like creature on the ridges west of the City and explore the Mountain Pass (16). If we do so, we'll run into some kind of Elemental Demons and kill some more Inox.

- The coin we've got as a payment from the Savvas merchant shows the way to something called The Temple of the Eclipse (81). Plenty of weird stuff over there, for sure! Also it is a BOSS scenario, so if we manage to complete that successfully Rocky will be satisfied with its adventures and retire, spending its days drinking rock based cocktails and chasing young lads away from his ornamental zen garden or something. This is a Side Scenario.

- Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter. If we are brave enough, we can venture into the Ruinous Crypt (5), where we'll face more Cultists, more Skellingtons and a cured selection of elemental Demons!

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- To help the town prosper even more, we could head to the Frozen Hollow (14) to try and unlock the Power of Enhancement.

- We can't currently access the Ancient Cistern (26), cause we lack a way to breath under water!
- Speaking of Water Breathing magic, we could find some exploring the Drake Nest (43), but we won't be able to until we unlock the Power of Enhancement.
- To figure out who was poisoning the wells in Gloomhaven since the Vermlings we've heroically slaughtered were not responsible, we could ventue down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests (for example, Rocky could retire if we face a BOSS Scenario in Casual mode and we win), but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up - most likely we'll get to see some of the other unlocked characters for a "Rocky and Friends VS an old Boss" adventure.

Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event posted:

I mean...

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 18!
- What to do with the Curious Gear! A) Someone gets it (who?) B) Someone sells it (who?) C) We keep it aside for now!
- Other Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- Our Next Destination!
- Road Event outcome, A or B!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I say we go to Frozen Hollow (14), stopping to help the caravan on the way there (road event option A)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Omobono posted:

I say we go to Frozen Hollow (14), stopping to help the caravan on the way there (road event option A)

Same.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Temple of the Eclipse, let's rotate in a new character

Road B- we've already shown that we're the bad guys

Stash Gear for now in case further ancient tech comes up

Splinter donates

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The Curious Gear is a pretty great item. Someone should bring it along.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Sell the Gear and give Rocky the cash
Frozen Hollow
Road Event B

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Road A We may be bad guys but we are aligned with the mercantile interests of the city.

Frozen hollow

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm going to be out of town all day long today, so we'll keep the voting open for one more day :)

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Omobono posted:

Same.

Stash the gear, or give it to a character. Definitely don't sell it!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management IV, Update 2 and Scenario 14 Preamble.
We are going to stash the Curious Gear - unless someone wants to carry it with them. No one is buying/selling anything and there was no real push to donate either, so we're going to keep our money at hand for the time being.

While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 30, resolution posted:

Effect: None! (cause we have the Mindthief with us)
We were able to get through since we have a Vermling in our party. We have also discovered that the "2 minis" class is a rat as well, apparently.

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 14 - Frozen Hollow.

Scenario 14 - Frozen Hollow - Location posted:

The Frozen Hollow is on a peak on the Copperneck Mountains, north of Gloomhaven.

Scenario 14 - Frozen Hollow - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 14 before starting it:
Links to: nothing!
Requirements: none!
Goal: kill all enemies.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 14 - Frozen Hollow - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Hounds:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 14 - Frozen Hollow - Introduction posted:

An enchanter has been called for, so an enchanter must be found. Following reports of an Aesther in the Boiler District, you find yourself standing before an abandoned and decrepit tavern: the Crooked Bone.
Opening the door, the inside looks exactly as the outside advertised: spiderwebs, splintered stools, and dusty, broken glass. Stepping past the threshold, a translucent female suddenly appears before you. “Why have you come to this place, mercenaries? Your presence is unwanted, and you are disrupting my research.” You quickly explain why you have come and the woman’s frown deepens. “‘Oh, look at the Aesther woman. She can fulfill all our wishes. All she has to do is wave her hands and our wildest dreams will come true.’” She sighs in frustration and actually does wave her hands. “Leave me in peace.” You don’t move. She stares. “Well, instead of disrupting, then maybe you could help. Scratch my back, maybe I’ll scratch yours. That’s how these things work, right?” The woman turns and walks towards a destroyed set of stairs, but after a few steps, she fades away entirely. “I need an orb from the Frozen Hollow in the Copperneck Mountains.” The woman’s voice comes from directly in front of you, as if she hadn’t moved at all. “Bring it back to me and I may help you.
A map drops at your feet. “My name is Hail by the way. Do not come back without the orb.” The map is easy to follow. Deep in the Copperneck Mountains, obscured by snow drifts, you find the opening to a dark, narrow cave. The wolf tracks around the entrance are troubling, but, with a firm resolve, you enter.
Scenario Special Rules
- Add three (-1mod) cards to each character’s attack modifier deck as a scenario effect (Master Splinter and Rocky are unaffected by this due to their perk selection).

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
DarthRoblox Car Hater and MarquiseMindfang
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 15, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Those wolves look nasty! Retaliate 2?!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LOL Hail owns.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SalTheBard posted:

My most recent in person game got wrecked by Hounds. We will likely see why very quickly.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 8, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

SalTheBard posted:

They are pretty rough. Not Flame-Demon-rough, but definitely not easy.

They will kill your (melee) summons real quick, and a few of their action cards are instant murder to an unprepared character if they have buddies.

Throw rocks at them, make a maze for them, and try and make the first melee hit the last.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hounds are also fast, both in terms of movement speed and initiative. It's hard to stop them from doing something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hounds aren’t Oozes but they are very very annoying.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We may have to wait for a day before starting as one of the player's has requested an extra day to get ready and the other two have not replied yet; it's my bad since I've forgot to send the usual "you're next in line to play" PM a couple of days ago; I'm also reaching out to Slaan and Phelddagrif in case we need them to sub in :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The party has been finalized! Our roster for this Scenario is:
- Master Splinter: DarthRoblox
- Rocky: Slaan
- Bullwinkle: Phelddagrif

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Right-o!

I would like to start at B7. I intend to go early, put up a shield and retaliate.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 9, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sending in my orders tonight. I wonder how playing the big slow rock will be compared to speedy sneaky splinter

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Going slow in B8, setting up and poking at something that gets close.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for one last batch of orders then we can start :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Whoops, my mistake on it

Starting in A6. I'll be going pretty drat slow and preparing for moderate ranged damage

Slaan fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 10, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 1A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter's hand: no changes!
- Rocky's hand: Lose Forceful Storm, Gain Rumbling Advance.
- Bullwinkle's hand: Drop Wall of Doom and Sweeping Blow, add Shield Bash and Grab and Go.
- Battle Goals for this Scenario:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 15 with Shield Bash and Eye for an Eye.

15. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"SHIELD BASH (15) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4 - STUN - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: Round bonus SHIELD1, Self"

"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"
Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 75 with The Mind's Weakness and Perverse Edge.

75. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Rocky (Hand11, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 87 with Massive Boulder and Backup Ammunition.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Car Hater) posted:

code:
"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 10, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like Bullwinkle is taking some hits. Good thing he has retaliate on!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Looks like Bullwinkle is taking some hits. Good thing he has retaliate on!

Retaliate 2 and Shield 1!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Real quick, we're not supposed to know in advance that this scenario unlocks enhancements, right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Real quick, we're not supposed to know in advance that this scenario unlocks enhancements, right?

We do, the reward is a known entity afaik once you unlock a scenario; it's even hinted in a few scenario conclusion blurbs (stuff like "you may need the help of an Enhancer (14)" and similar). I've disclosed out of the ordinary scenario rewards in the "choose our next destination" box anyway :v:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I believe so, I don't know the lead in to 14 from 18 off-hand though. We do know in advance that we are seeking the help of an enchanter, and we know that enhancements exist since they're in the rulebook.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 10, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Retaliate 2 and Shield 1!

Tanky tank tank.

So for monster movement, how do we want it to play out? I think the elite Spirit is going to move onto the obstacle (it has flying) so it can shoot all of us. If that's the case, I suggest we have elite Hound 4 move to C7. That way, Hound 1 will move to C5, and Rocky can hit it with Massive Boulder to do a lot of splash damage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ah poo poo, sorry, I was dragged off on an impromptu holiday and didn't have time to check in. Ah, well. Glad to see everything's still running in any case!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Game hasn't really started yet so if you want to take rocky you can have him and I can wait until next game, as you were supposed to be in this one

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Nah, don't worry about it. I was hoping for a different character second go around, anyway. So I'll keep waiting and hoping for that next time. Thanks, though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Nah, don't worry about it. I was hoping for a different character second go around, anyway. So I'll keep waiting and hoping for that next time. Thanks, though.

No worries, I'll put you back into rotation in the next one!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

btw your player overview has the wrong usernames for Rocky and Bullwinkle (b/c of the substitution)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

Tanky tank tank.

So for monster movement, how do we want it to play out? I think the elite Spirit is going to move onto the obstacle (it has flying) so it can shoot all of us. If that's the case, I suggest we have elite Hound 4 move to C7. That way, Hound 1 will move to C5, and Rocky can hit it with Massive Boulder to do a lot of splash damage.

Sounds good to me. My splash damage is likely the last thing going out so ensuring good placement to knock off some hounds is important

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Orders in for plan let Bull get hit and hit doggies with big punches in return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
With a lucky roll I could kill a normal hound if it winds up in front of me, then stun one of the elites (maybe the undamaged one if it moves to D7?)