Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm going to heal up splinter while moving forward, preferably to a coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

You're telling me, man.

I couldn't agree more.
You would expect a Vermling of all people to be against ICE :(

Frozen Hollow, Round 3B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 1 (2base, -1/+0mod) damage!. Loses MUDDLED token.
Bullwinkle is at 11 HP and is MUDDLED.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves3 to C5.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Living Spirit 4(E) for 1 (2base, +0mod +2bonus, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Spirit 4(E) is at 1 HP.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves2 to C6
- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! HEAL4, Master Splinter.
Master Splinter is at 8 HP.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
EARTH is now strong.

32. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR! Attacks Living Spirit 4(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (4base, +0/+1mod ,SHIELD3, PIERCE1) damage! Gains 1XP. Loses MUDDLED token.
Living Spirit 4(E) is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Warding Strength (bot)! Permanent bonus active: On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger, then LOSS.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

Since all the enemies are dead, please discuss itt:
1) How many Rounds you want to take before opening the door;
2) Who's going to open it;
Then send me orders for the amount of Rounds decided on step 1. You only need a generic intent and the 2 cards for these Round, as I'll stop as soon as the door gets opened and the content of the next room is revealed.

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Also on an unrelated note, Gloomhaven for PC is out today in Early Access on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/780290/Gloomhaven/

At the moment the only game mode available is a "Roguelike" system; the main Campaign and Multiplayer are expected for next year. At that point, the game should be a 1to1 port of the BG! When the full game releases I think I could run a couple scenarios in there, just to showcase it; it's definitely too early to talk about this, now, though :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
As far as I can tell nobody in the group should have a reason to not take long rests, so two rounds of looting and moving towards the door (rounds 4 and 5), a long rest (round 6), and then opening the door on round 7?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

As far as I can tell nobody in the group should have a reason to not take long rests, so two rounds of looting and moving towards the door (rounds 4 and 5), a long rest (round 6), and then opening the door on round 7?

That's my plan. Loot 1 to grab the coin off the obstacle, then use my Move 4 cards to move next to the door and long rest to recover my armor.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
2 turns of movement then a long rest sounds good to me. I can also set up to open the door early on the turn after that, with the option of going invis if needed.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Also sounds good to me

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

DarthRoblox posted:

2 turns of movement then a long rest sounds good to me. I can also set up to open the door early on the turn after that, with the option of going invis if needed.

That's fine! You should also be able to pick up that coin behind you right now, since you have enough movement to reach the door from there in one turn, with jump and Scurry.

If you're going to open the door then I'll plan on going later the round after we long rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Awaiting clarification from one player on a couple of things, update asap :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Clarified :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 4, 5, 6

- None!

Since the players are going to be uncontested for a few rounds while reaching the door, we'll do a simplified narration till the door is opened. Everyone is Long Resting on Turn 6 anyway, so whatever cards have been used before Round 7 is irrelevant - as no one is burning cards for XP or anything like that.

Round 4 posted:

- Master Splinter: Basic Move to the coin in B6 to loot it. (+1 coin token!)
- Rocky: Nature's Lift- Heal2 Cragheart and Brute, then Move 2 to E5. (Rocky is at 11HP! Bullwinkle is at 13HP!)
- Bullwinkle: Grab and Go to loot the coin on the obstacle, then Move 4 to C3. (+1 coin token!)

Round 5 posted:

- Master Splinter: Jump 4 and then Scurry Move 3 to A2.
- Rocky: Clear the Way toss obstacle in D5 to F3 (+1XP!) then use Boots of Striding and Move 4 to B3.
- Bullwinkle: Move 4 to B1.

Round 6 posted:

- Master Splinter: Long rest, discard Gnawing Horde.
- Rocky: Long rest, discard Earthen Clod. Gains 2HP (Rocky is at 13HP).
- Bullwinkle: Long rest, discard Trample. Gains 2HP (Bullwinkle is at 14HP).

Frozen Hollow, Round 7A

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Feedback Loop.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Rocky (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 87 with Massive Boulder and Crater.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 77 with Balanced Measures and Fatal Advance.

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"

"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

Frozen Hollow, Round 7B

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps2 to door hex!.

- Frost Demon 6(E), 1, 3, 4 revealed!
- Living Spirit 6 revealed!

Active Players, please send your step B orders now that we've seen what's inside that room!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Splinter might want to just stay put and immobilize the elite frost demon. Should keep her out of harm's way this round?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Right. That's what I saw as well. Nothing else could hurt us if she can immobilize the elite

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Using boots and axe to do an Attack 6 on two normal Frost Demons. I'll need a +1 to kill either one outright, though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

Using boots and axe to do an Attack 6 on two normal Frost Demons. I'll need a +1 to kill either one outright, though.

How can you attack both normal demons? There is a 2hex obstacle in the way.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

That Italian Guy posted:

How can you attack both normal demons? There is a 2hex obstacle in the way.

They move before Bullwinkle does, so it won't be in the way by the time his turn comes around.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think having the two normal frost demons move to D7 and D8 would potentially block the elite demon next round if they draw a Move -1 card and for some reason both of the normal frost demons are still alive at the end of the current round.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Zurai posted:

They move before Bullwinkle does, so it won't be in the way by the time his turn comes around.

Yep, this (since Splinter doesn't need to use Invis Cloak).

Reik posted:

I think having the two normal frost demons move to D7 and D8 would potentially block the elite demon next round if they draw a Move -1 card and for some reason both of the normal frost demons are still alive at the end of the current round.

That's fine; I have no preference for where I want to end up, so if that's good for y'all then I'm good with that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

I should be doing an atk3 on one and 1 damage to the other before you act, so you'll be able to kill them both I think

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Slaan posted:

I should be doing an atk3 on one and 1 damage to the other before you act, so you'll be able to kill them both I think

Are you acting on init 87? I'm on 77.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh right, guess not. Didn't check initiative

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Standing still and immobilizing the elite sounds like a plan.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 7B

- None!

*9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 6(E) for 4 (2base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Frost Demon 6(E) is at 8 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
ICE is now strong.

58. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 6(E) focuses Master Splinter! Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
- Frost Demon 1 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to D7.
- Frost Demon 3 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to C4.
- Frost Demon 4 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to D8.
Consume ICE, ICE is now strong.

The funky wheel of fortune icon on the Frost Demons card next to the ICE infusion symbol means "Any elemental infusion". In this case, the Demons have consumed ICE to generate ICE, but it can be annoying/dangerous when enemies infuse elements that they can use, while the party cannot.

61. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 6 focuses Master Splinter!

:sad:

77. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves6 to E7 through door, E8, F8, F7, E6.
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 1 for 6 (6base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP. Frost Demon 1 RETAILIATES for 2 damage! Activates Battle-Axe! Attacks Frost Demon 4 for 5 (6base, -1mod) damage! Frost Demon 4 RETAILIATES for 2 damage!
Frost Demon 1 is at 1 HP
Frost Demon 4 is at 2 HP
Bullwinkle is at 10 HP.

That was a bit unfortunate, as any positive modifier would have meant a kill (and no RETALIATE damage from that Demon); that said, Bullwinkle's deck is still quite large and it contains three extra -1 mods (Scenario effect), so it is to be expected.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Jumps4 to F8. Master Splinter and Bullwinkle suffer 1 splash damage! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
Bullwinkle is at 9 HP.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 4 for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage! Frost Demon 1 and Bullwinkle suffer 1 splash damage!
Frost Demon 4 is killed!
Frost Demon 1 is killed!
Bullwinkle is at 8 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

Cragheart, coming through!

- ICE is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Even though Bullwinkle is down to 8 health he still has all his armor items going for him, so that's nice.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Teamwork makes the dream work!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What's a little friendly fire between friends? :ninja:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Well that was unfortunate, though not unexpected. At least I didn't miss!

I'm thinking of going pretty quickly this round and moving onto a coin. I'm prepared to take some hits, and if they move up then they'll be in a nice formation for an AOE.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Well that was unfortunate, though not unexpected. At least I didn't miss!

I'm thinking of going pretty quickly this round and moving onto a coin. I'm prepared to take some hits, and if they move up then they'll be in a nice formation for an AOE.

Were you going to use a ranged attack?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Were you going to use a ranged attack?

I'm not really sure. I was thinking about it, but I also kind of want to set up air element, so I was thinking I might just retaliate.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

There is a new Vermling in the family :3:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There is no adventurer companion as loyal and dependable as a Small but Vicious Dog. Especially when going rat hunting

Orders: I'll be going at moderate speed with options to punch one guy through the floor, or just blow up poo poo really really good

Slaan fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 19, 2019

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Hmm - I don't have a ton of great options here, so I'm going to go slow and see what needs stabbing after some movement has happened.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 8A

- Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Feedback Loop and Hostile Takeover.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Nothing crazy this round, just some good old fashioned violence.

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."
Bullwinkle (Hand7, Discarded2, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Leaping Cleave.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded1, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 57 with Heaving Swing and Explosive Punch.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"
Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 79 with Feedback Loop and Frigid Apparition.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Haha, this round is gonna be great.

Jumping to D7 and setting up Retaliate. Please have the Spirit move to C5 for its attack.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Can't wait to explode that obstacle for fun and profit.

Too bad the demon is moving so slow. Could have gotten all 3 in there :(

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Can't wait to explode that obstacle for fun and profit.

Too bad the demon is moving so slow. Could have gotten all 3 in there :(

Were you gonna exploding punch or heavy swing the elite in to the obstacle? You're getting either an attack 3+2 on the elite demon or an attack 4 on the demon and spirit.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Right. My main plan is to explode for the 4 on everyone with heaving swing as the backup plan on the lower demon. I can get the spirit and demon 6 in the attack, but the other demon won't be adjacent as he moves after me

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 8B

- None!

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps1 to D7.
- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (top)! Round bonus active: RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
AIR is now strong.

48. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 6 Focuses Bullwinkle! Flies 2 to C5. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (2base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Chainmail's 1st charge used!

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves3 to C7.
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Gains 2XP. Attacks Frost Demon 6(E) for 4 (4base, +0mod) damage! Frost Demon 6(E) RETALIATE for 2 damage! Attacks Living Spirit 6 for 2 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Frost Demon 6(E) is at 4 HP.
Living Spirit 6 is killed!
Rocky is at 11 HP.

Explosive Punch and RETALIATE have a weird interaction; fluff wise, the attacker sounds like the obstacle itself...but it is the Cragheart instead, as obstacles cannot really attack anything. Because of that, Rocky gets retaliate damage by being adjacent to the Frost Demon while executing a Melee attack against it.

58. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 6(E) Focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 0 (4base, NULLmod) damage!
- Frost Demon 3 Focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 2 to D6. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, -1mod, SHIELD2) damage!. Chainmail's 2nd charge used! Heater Shield SPENT! Bullwinkle RETALIATE for 2 damage! Gains 1XP.
Frost Demon 3 is at 5 HP.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps4 to C6.
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Consumes ICE! Attacks Frost Demon 6(E) for 0 (3base, NULLmod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. Frost Demon 6(E) RETALIATE for 2 damage!
Frost Demon 6(E) is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.
Master Splinter activates Empowering Talisman! Recovers Minor Stamina Potion. LOSS!

STUNNED enemies deal RETALIATE damage normally whenever they get stunned after having had the chance to activate their ability and if RETALIATE is printed on their stat card, they do that no matter what. Also please active players let me know if you would prefer Frost Demon 3 to be in C6 instead (in that case Master Splinter would be in D6 in its place, and the Stun would be on the normal demon instead of the elite one.

- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now inert.
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- The monsters deck is shuffled!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 21, 2019

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Two nulls in what, 4 attacks? indeed. I'm imagining this almost like a Three Stooges sketch, with Splinter just slipping and sliding all over the place while flailing wildly with her dagger.

I'm going to step forward and hit the normal demon with a push since I don't think I can easily kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

To be fair I think everyone was too busy dodging the pieces of the giant exploding boulder to be paying attention to proper stabbing motions.

Going real slow, grabbing one of the coins and healing up both of you for a small amount

Slaan fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 21, 2019