Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah, I know. My thoughts are basically just gently caress gently caress FUCKITTY gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress. Except in bigger font.

Which is kind of appropriate for Gloomhaven.

As I said I am failing the internet. Sorry.

It's all good, worst case scenario we get to come back and play this scenario again with Two-Minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Reik posted:

It's all good, worst case scenario we get to come back and play this scenario again with Two-Minis.

Oh man, I totally forgot that the Brute was unlocking Two-Minis. That's going to own.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Oh man, I totally forgot that the Brute was unlocking Two-Minis. That's going to own.

:yeshaha:

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
As no-one's commented, this is what I'm going to submit:

I'm going to move to D4, hit the drake with the attack from Hook and Chain, and the Flame Demon with Trample.
Hopefully splinter can position themselves so they don't get caught in the AOE from the other Demon!

I'm also going to use the moon earring and minor stamina potion and get back Fatal advance/Balanced measures.

I'm expecting to perform a short rest next rest, so want the items refreshed now.

Kafila fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 24, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Well it looks like everyone is undecided on what to do, as (till a moment ago) I had not received orders from anyone :3: Feel free to discuss your plan itt and please let me know if you need any extension!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I'm going to attack the Drake if it's not dead then open the door, if it is dead, i'll open the door and immobilize the stuff on the other side.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Slight delay because I uh spent 12 hours playing Gloomhaven today and my brain can't process anymore. Sorry.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Slight delay because I uh spent 12 hours playing Gloomhaven today and my brain can't process anymore. Sorry.

That's ok :) can we get the orders in when you're good to go pls?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Just have Splinter attack the drake with the bottom of Perverse Edge and do nothing with their top action. He's had 3 days to submit orders.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Fair enough, if I don't get any orders in I'll execute plan attack- the-drake, unless the thread is adamantly against it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

That's what I should've done anyway. Sorry, I've been super brain dead lately.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Yeah, no other way to do anything as those will cause losses which he can't handle right now.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Drake Nest, Round 9B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! No action taken.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Spitting Drake5 for 2 (1base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP
Spitting Drake5 is killed!
ICE is now strong.

42. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Hook and Chain (bot)! Moves1 to D4.
- Bullwinkle uses Trample (top)! Attacks Flame Demon 5 for 3 (3base, +1mod ,SHIELD3 , PIERCE2) damage!
Flame Demon 5 is killed!
- Bullwinkle uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Fatal Advance and Balanced Measures.
- Bullwinkle uses Moon Earring! Recovers all SPENT items.

46. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Consumes FIRE. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD3) damage. Chainmail 1st charge used. Heater Shield SPENT! Warding Strenght 3rd trigger.

75. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

- Rocky uses Avalanche (bot)! Moves2 to door hex

- Spitting Drake 2 revealed!
- Rending Drakes 2, 3, 4 revealed!
- They also have spare change laying around for reasons they probably ate someone.

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! Consumes EARTH. Attacks Spitting Drake 2 for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP. Backup Ammunition 3rd trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Rending Drake 3 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Spitting Drake 2 is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
Rending Drake 3 is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!

The Spitting Drake being within STUN distance is...unfortunate. Eeepies, please let me know if you want to take a Short Rest before the start of your next Turn!

*72. Rending Drakes posted:

They all focus Rocky and attack the air aimlessly! Rending Drake 3 loses the IMMOBILIZED token.

89. Spitting Drakes posted:

- Spitting Drake 2 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Rockyis at 14 HP and is MUDDLED and STUNNED!

At least the MUDDLE isn't doing anything? :sadtrombone:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 4/12
- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 27, 2019

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
TIG? My orders had a request to use the Moon Earring to refresh items, but that doesn't seem to have been processed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kafila posted:

TIG? My orders had a request to use the Moon Earring to refresh items, but that doesn't seem to have been processed!

Apologies, my brain somehow missed the last line from your order entirely :v:

Fixing that up! E: fixed!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 27, 2019

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for this thread, I've been enjoying reading it and learning about this awesome game! You've inspired me to buy the Early Access Steam version. It's still super barebones but since the price is going up at release I figured why not buy it now.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'll long rest while stunned, that's possible right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Griefor posted:

Thanks for this thread, I've been enjoying reading it and learning about this awesome game! You've inspired me to buy the Early Access Steam version. It's still super barebones but since the price is going up at release I figured why not buy it now.

:3:

And Eeepies, yes you can long rest while stunned! If you are Stunned you can't activate any cards on your turn, but any heal, move or attack actions gained in some other way (such as long resting) still happen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Did you not draw a card for the newly revealed Rending Drakes?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Did you not draw a card for the newly revealed Rending Drakes?

I think they did, they have them going on initiative 72, it just wasn't in the pictures.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
All right, I'm going to long rest then see whether I can handle the 4 drakes on my own or retreat for backup.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

I think they did, they have them going on initiative 72, it just wasn't in the pictures.

Ah forgot to sceencap that! It was their attack 3 times without moving" card!

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

All right, I'm going to long rest then see whether I can handle the 4 drakes on my own or retreat for backup.

I'll be in there with you this turn - going to do the classic move six, hit six combo to hopefully pop a rending drake.

I suggest we leave the Flame Demon behind us this turn, get in to the mix with the drakes we need to kill and maybe kill the Demon in a few turns if the opportunity presents itself.

Alternatively I can try and kill it this turn, but that means you're taking all the hits which might be bad.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Rocky is at 14/14 health, has 3 charges on their chainmail, and is going to heal 2 at the end of the round. Depending on what the flame demon draws, it's probably not a bad idea to finish it off this round before moving down to help Rocky.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Kafila posted:

I'll be in there with you this turn - going to do the classic move six, hit six combo to hopefully pop a rending drake.

I suggest we leave the Flame Demon behind us this turn, get in to the mix with the drakes we need to kill and maybe kill the Demon in a few turns if the opportunity presents itself.

Alternatively I can try and kill it this turn, but that means you're taking all the hits which might be bad.

Let's wait till we see the new cards first before we decide. Like Reik said, I'm still relatively tanky enough to handle these set of drakes.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Let's wait till we see the new cards first before we decide. Like Reik said, I'm still relatively tanky enough to handle these set of drakes.

Yep sounds good. I've submitted my orders and we'll see what happens :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I have not received orders for the Mindthief and unfortunately they still have 3 cards instead of 2:

"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

I already have orders from the other players, so I'll let the thread decide on which cards and initiative to play. EDIT: also, I guess we should decide if we want to Long or Short Rest and what we'd like to lose/reroll. (The Mind Weakness is active atm, but can be discarded to increase the playable cards, so please specify that as well!).

First 2 matching votes decide!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 28, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Into the Night and Scurry. Initiative 14.

Splinter is starting to run short on cards and needs to get into the action now. She can run into the room of drakes this round and attack, then pop Invisibility Cloak. Then either long rest or use her stamina potion for next round.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I'd say Scurry for the move 4 and Into the Night so she'd be safe for a long rest next turn? Init wouldn't matter too much, but I guess go with the 14.

Not sure where she should go with that movement, but :shrug:

E: yeah she could use ItN as a generic move 2 so she could reach something to attack with scurry, and then use her invisibility cloak. That's a better plan. I'd still advocate long resting while invisible.

Telum fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 28, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Phelddagrif posted:

Into the Night and Scurry. Initiative 14.

Splinter is starting to run short on cards and needs to get into the action now. She can run into the room of drakes this round and attack, then pop Invisibility Cloak. Then either long rest or use her stamina potion for next round.

This, but moving to the door on the lower right. Y'all need to get that open eventually, and I doubt whatever's in there will be able to attack this turn. Open that door, then run like hell toward the groups on the left, which are hopefully dead by the time whatever's in the last room catches up. Gotta keep moving given how few cards you have, so let the monsters do the work.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Drake Nest, Round 10A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 4/12

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand3, Discarded2, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Scurry.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand2, Discarded6, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 40 with Fatal Advance and Balanced Measures.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

code:
"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
Rocky (Hand1, Discarded8, Active1, Lost1) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Rocky the Savvas CragheartEeepies posted:

Rocky will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
I'll allow our MT player to send in their orders ofc, but just in case I don't get anything, please feel free to discuss what Splinter should do itt.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Ahahahaha o f this is going to hurt

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I hate Rending Drakes so much.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Phelddagrif posted:

I hate Rending Drakes so much.

Oh you thought we were just going to be melee assholes?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Thoughts: Rocky is in a world of hurt. He's taking two Attacks 3 and an Attack 2 - not too bad on their own, but he'll also be wounded and poisoned, so he'll take an extra damage on his turn and not heal any HP.

I'm re-upping my suggestion from earlier: Splinter needs to get in there and assist. Move to C6 and attack one of the drakes. They're both at 5 HP so there's an off chance that one will die. Pop Invis Cloak, and use stamina potion to get back Into the Night, so she can attack again next round and stay invisible.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
All three of these monsters are assholes

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I agree, into the night and scurry, attack the spitting drake, stamina potion them both back. Bullwinkle should just finish off the flame demon so they don't get hit by a bunch of target 2 attacks from the rending drakes.

In theory, if Bullwinkle short rested and was able to move 6 the next turn and open the north door to this room, Rocky could drop two obstacles in front of themselves and block off the southern doorway.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 28, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just as an FYI, in case there's any doubt, that would be a valid move as there is another door at the top of the room - so Rocky would not be blocking off a section of the map.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Thankfully my rest will heal the poison and wound, and i still have almost a full hand to deal with this. Hoping for modifiers to be on my side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Just as an FYI, in case there's any doubt, that would be a valid move as there is another door at the top of the room - so Rocky would not be blocking off a section of the map.

Would it be valid if Rocky blocked the route first, or would Bullwinkle have to open the door before Rocky spits out some rocks? I think Bullwinkle would have to open the door first?