Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Would it be valid if Rocky blocked the route first, or would Bullwinkle have to open the door before Rocky spits out some rocks? I think Bullwinkle would have to open the door first?

Correct, the other door must be open before obstacles can block off this one.

FAQ posted:

Per the rules, obstacles cannot be created/placed such that they block off an area of the map. How does this work with doors that may be opened or closed in a future turn?
Consider only the current state of doors when determining if an area will be blocked off by the obstacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Rocky has 2 cards to lose so this isn't that big a deal. Losing cards sucks but he started with 11 so he's probably fine overall. There's no threat of exhaustion.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Another option would be for Rocky to put one rock in front of them and one behind them, and have invisible Splinter stand in the open hex in front of them.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Reik posted:

In theory, if Bullwinkle short rested and was able to move 6 the next turn and open the north door to this room, Rocky could drop two obstacles in front of themselves and block off the southern doorway.

That sounds great.
Only issue I see is that I'll have to lose Skewer as a move 6 next turn, as I won't get the boots back unless I long rest. A move 4/attack 4 is too risky to guarantee killing the Flame Demon.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Actually, now that I've looked through it again, I don't think it's as bad as it looks? I'm eating an attack 3, an attack 2, and an attack 2 + poison, which is quite a bit but I can still endure. Thankfully the muddle will disappear when i'm resting, so I'll be able to hit fast and early next turn.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kafila posted:

That sounds great.
Only issue I see is that I'll have to lose Skewer as a move 6 next turn, as I won't get the boots back unless I long rest. A move 4/attack 4 is too risky to guarantee killing the Flame Demon.

Yeah, probably not worth it. If Rocky can go quick and step back in to the main chamber, they should be pretty safe.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Waiting for orders for our Brute :) Not a big deal, as today I'm going to be on a plane/on the road most of the day, so update will probably be delayed to tomorrow!

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

Waiting for orders for our Brute :) Not a big deal, as today I'm going to be on a plane/on the road most of the day, so update will probably be delayed to tomorrow!

Apologies!

I've submitted orders trying to accommodate what Splinter's going to be doing. Hope all is clear :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Drake Nest, Round 10B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to B6.
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves4 to C6. Attacks Spitting Drake 2 for 6 (1base, x2mod +2bonus) damage!
Spitting Drake 2 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Invisibility Cloak! Gains INVISIBLE.
- Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Into the Night and Scurry.

:ese:

30. Flame Demons posted:

- Flame Demon 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 3 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage. Warding Strenght 4th trigger! Gains 1XP. Chainmail 2nd charge used!
Bullwinkle is at 11 HP and is WOUNDED!

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

Bullwinkle suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Bullwinkle is at 10 HP and is WOUNDED!
- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (bot)! Moves6 to E4 through D5, E6, F6, F5, F4.
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Flame Demon 3 for 4 (6base, +1mod ,SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Flame Demon 3 is killed!

:fuckoff:

54. Rending Drakes posted:

- Reding Drake 2 focuses Rocky! Moves2 to C3.
- Reding Drake 3 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 0 (2base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage. Chainmail 1st Charge used!
Rockyis at 14 HP and is WOUNDED and POISONED!
- Reding Drake 5 focuses Rocky! Moves2 to B5. Attacks Rocky for 3 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage. Chainmail 2nd Charge used!
Rockyis at 11 HP and is WOUNDED and POISONED!

All the status effects!

99. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

Rocky suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Rocky is at 10 HP and is STUNNED, MUDDLED, WOUNDED and POISONED!
Rockytakes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, refreshes all SPENT items, HEALS2 Self - no HP gained, loses POISONED and WOUNDED tokens. Loses Clear the Way. Loses STUNNED and MUDDLED tokens.

That's probably the most token lost in a single Round we've seen so far! All considered, this went fairly well for Rocky. The only issue is that you can't refresh items that have not been spent, and since the Spitting Drake is dead, Rocky's Chainmail still has 1 charge left. I personally dislike this as it has a different behavior compared to the ability cards, that can be discarded at any time, creating an inconsistency in the rules. As with everything else that sounds weird, it's probably a balance call on Isaac's end.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 5/12

For the time being and until Xiahou Dun resurfaces, please keep discussing Master Splinter's orders itt!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm just going to throw 2 goddamn boulders at these 2 drakes, walk off, and let Splinter handle the rest. Kafila, are you ok with opening another door, and I'll try to join up with you with my move 6? Or do you think I should stay here and finish this up first before I move?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

I'm just going to throw 2 goddamn boulders at these 2 drakes, walk off, and let Splinter handle the rest.

What I actually heard:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I feel like Bullwinkle opening the north door with their jump 3 card + boots so they can jump back over the traps and lure any potential rending drakes over them is a solid plan, but it would take a couple turns to set up:

Long Rest
Move towards door
Jump over and back

While Bullwinkle is setting that up that though, Rocky could:

Move 6 to B2
Avalanche obstacles in to B1 and C2

Which could actually force rending drakes in the other room to set off two traps

Splinter should attack the full health rending drake hoping that rocky finishes both off with double boulder and splash.

Can you let us know what Splinter's battle goal is?

Reik fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 30, 2019

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Reik posted:

I feel like Bullwinkle opening the north door with their jump 3 card + boots so they can jump back over the traps and lure any potential rending drakes over them is a solid plan, but it would take a couple turns to set up:

Long Rest
Move towards door
Jump over and back

While Bullwinkle is setting that up that though, Rocky could:

Move 6 to B2
Avalanche obstacles in to B1 and C2

Which could actually force rending drakes in the other room to set off two traps

Splinter should attack the full health rending drake hoping that rocky finishes both off with double boulder and splash.

Agreed that I should definitely be getting on with opening another door, and this sounds like a sound plan. Therefore I'll long-rest this turn, and get on with orders to get me up to the North door on the following turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

Splinter's BG is Executioner: Kill an undamaged monster with a single attack during the scenario.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Splinter's BG is Executioner: Kill an undamaged monster with a single attack during the scenario.

Hm, our best option for accomplishing this is probably using the bottom of Brain leech to just strengthen and then hit rending drake 2 with the top of submissive affliction (loss) and hope for +2/2x.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I don't think a check mark is worth burning yet another loss card for. If we get it, great, but let's not risk losing the scenario over it.

Not to mention Splinter is at 5 HP, and could be at 3 after Rocky's turn (though we could Scurry up to the north drake to avoid the boulders). Invisibility is still the safest option.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I kind of feel like Splinter's job the rest of this scenario is just going to be to finish off drakes 2, 3, and 5 and start picking up coins. We've got what, 8 rounds left? With only move 2 bottom actions, scurry, and no jump it is going to take us a while to engage the drakes coming out of the north room and if we have to open a fourth room there's no way we make it there.

What if we do:
Empowering Talisman -> Stamina Potion back Perverse Edge and Fearsome Blade, play the bottom of brain leech as an attack 3 on drake 3 and then do the top of Submissive Affliction as a loss with battle axe (unless we kill drake 3 with a +2/2x) hitting drakes 3 and 5? The safer play would be to attack drake 5 with the bottom of brain leech to soften it up first and bank on a 2x pull against drake 2 for executioner.

Rocky, if we do that could you heal Splinter before walking away instead of throwing some boulders?

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 30, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Let's not use another loss card with Splinter. I also don't think boulders are necessary and Splinter can take care of all 3 drakes before trying to get into the right side of the fight.

Play:
Brain Leech (bottom)
Scurry (top)

Brain leech's bottom goes first (atk 1 + strengthen), attacking the weaker of the 2 drakes nearby.

If it fails to kill the drake, play the battle axe and just treat the top half of scurry as a generic ATK 2. 2 + the passive +2 + the axe + drawing with advantage should guarantee 2 dead drakes VERY early in the round. Short rest thereafter.

Then everyone else can move for the door. Splinter can handle the remaining drake on the next turn.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If we do kill drakes 3 and 5 this round, it'll still take probably two rounds of generic attack 4s to kill drake 2, giving us 5 rounds to act afterwards. If we stamina potion back brain leech and scurry we may be able to kill drake 2 in one round with a bottom and top attack, but that means we still only have 6 rounds to get to the drakes that will be funneled towards the northeast of the central room. It just seems like we'll be wasting a lot of turns just moving when we could at least be picking up coins. I don't see Splinter making it to the central room and contributing before exhausting, I think we'll need Rocky and Bullwinkle to kill the remaining 4 drakes on their own to complete the scenario.

code:
Action Taken			Cards @ Start	Turn
play 2				3		1
short rest, get back 5, play 2	5		2
play 2				3		3
short rest, get back 4, play 2	4		4
play 2				2		5
short rest get back 3, play 2	3		6
short rest get back 2, play 2	2		7
stamina potion back 2, play 2	2		8

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 30, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I see what y'all are saying and it makes total sense. I would still suggest playing Into the Night as one of the two cards, so Invisibility can be there as a backup option, and it it's not needed then just use it for the Attack 4.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Reik posted:

Rocky, if we do that could you heal Splinter before walking away instead of throwing some boulders?

Not a problem, I can toss a heal 4 before walking off, but are you all confident that Splinter can kill all 3 on his own?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Eeepies posted:

Not a problem, I can toss a heal 4 before walking off, but are you all confident that Splinter can kill all 3 on his own?

I'd be shocked if Splinter didn't kill the 2 adjacents this very turn. Then it's just a matter of 1v1. Might take 2 turns, but your heal will give the necessary time, I would think.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
What's the current Drake kill count, anybody tracking ?

Also I'd clean forgotten the Rending could spit. Magnificent assholes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
TIG literally posts it every update. 5/12 right now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Sorry, everybody, there was life stuff and then the last couple of days I've had a stomach flu like something out of the bible. I literally just had my first solid food in days. Rolling on a couch and shivering with fever beat posting turn orders. Thanks that people stepped up ; it's been a week.

Reik posted:

I kind of feel like Splinter's job the rest of this scenario is just going to be to finish off drakes 2, 3, and 5 and start picking up coins. We've got what, 8 rounds left? With only move 2 bottom actions, scurry, and no jump it is going to take us a while to engage the drakes coming out of the north room and if we have to open a fourth room there's no way we make it there.

What if we do:
Empowering Talisman -> Stamina Potion back Perverse Edge and Fearsome Blade, play the bottom of brain leech as an attack 3 on drake 3 and then do the top of Submissive Affliction as a loss with battle axe (unless we kill drake 3 with a +2/2x) hitting drakes 3 and 5? The safer play would be to attack drake 5 with the bottom of brain leech to soften it up first and bank on a 2x pull against drake 2 for executioner.

This is my plan, basically. But I've been out of the loop long enough that I'm gonna give it an hour before I submit orders. It helps that it's just cards this round.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
I'm going to long rest ditching Eye for an Eye, unless anyone has a better suggestion for card to lose.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Welcome back Xiahou Dun and take care!

Drake Nest, Round 11A

ROUND REVEAL posted:

:v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter uses Empowering Talisman, LOST! Recovers Minor Stamina Potion.
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion, LOST! Recovers Perverse Edge and Fearsome Blade!
Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Into the Night.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Dirt Tornado.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
Bullwinkle (Hand0, Discarded8, Active1, Lost1) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Bullwinkle the Inox BruteKafila posted:

Bullwinkle will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mother. Fucker.

I didn’t even know that was a card they had. loving drakes, yo.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers posted:

TIG literally posts it every update. 5/12 right now.

Ah, my eyes had glazed over that bit, my mistake.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

edit - this is actually probably fine. Stun the drake to the north and attack one of the ones next to you with a basic attack. Next round you'll have Brain Leech and Fearsome Blade available, and as was discussed above you should be able to take out both of the drakes next to you with a strengthened Battle Axe.

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 31, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Splinter should probably go invisible this round. If they can't go before the two drakes adjacent to them next round they'll both be strengthened and just eat Splinter alive.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Splinter should probably go invisible this round. If they can't go before the two drakes adjacent to them next round they'll both be strengthened and just eat Splinter alive.

Sure, but there's also a good chance she'll go after the drakes next round, making the invisibility wasted. A stun guarantees that at least one drake can't do anything.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Ahem.

To quote a famous scholar :

LEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey everyone, bad news: my remote machine has been victim of a power spike and is now offline; I won't be back in the country before Tuesday evening, so we'll have to wait till then for the next update! :science:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm back!

Drake Nest, Round 11B

- None!

6. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 2 gains SHIELD2! Heals2, Self. Gains STRENGTHEN.
- Rending Drake 3 gains SHIELD2! Heals2, Self. Gains STRENGTHEN.
Reding Drake 3is at 7 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
- Rending Drake 5 gains SHIELD2! Heals2, Self. Gains STRENGTHEN.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (top)! LOSS card! Activates Battle/Axe! Attacks Rending Drake 3 for 5 (3base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Attacks Rending Drake 5 for 4 (3base, -1mod +2bonus) damage!
Rending Drake 3 is at 2 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
Rending Drake 5 is at 3 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot)! Gains INVISIBLE!

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! HEALs4 Master Splinter!
Master Splinter is at 8 HP.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves3 to C6

EDIT: fixed Rocky being POISONED and WOUNDED since they long rested last round!

99. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

Bullwinkle suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Bullwinkle is at 9 HP and is WOUNDED
Bullwinkletakes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, refreshes all SPENT items, HEALS2 Self, loses WOUND token. Loses Eye for an Eye.
Bullwinkle is at 11 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 4, 2019

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I shouldn't be poisoned or wounded anymore, right?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

I shouldn't be poisoned or wounded anymore, right?

Ah you're right, you long rested last round! Fixing that.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I believe the two drakes should be at 4 and 5 hitpoints due to having shield 2 this round?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Shhh shhhh shhh!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :3:

Reik posted:

I believe the two drakes should be at 4 and 5 hitpoints due to having shield 2 this round?

:doh:

Will fix in the next update!