Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

I'd think Rocky would want to go faster than that. If he leads with Explosive Punch then he could potentially kill the Spitting Drakes, leaving Bullwinkle to jump in and skewer the Rendings.

2 damage plus a trap is enough to kill a rending drake, so my thought was Bullwinkle probably finishes off both spitters, one rending drake eats the trap for the other and that one dies to dirt tornado leaving one rending drake alive for chest looting shenanigans. If the spitters do the shield and heal thing though, it'll take more to bring them down, so having a buffed dirt tornado would help. I think they're both good options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

2 damage plus a trap is enough to kill a rending drake, so my thought was Bullwinkle probably finishes off both spitters, one rending drake eats the trap for the other and that one dies to dirt tornado leaving one rending drake alive for chest looting shenanigans. If the spitters do the shield and heal thing though, it'll take more to bring them down, so having a buffed dirt tornado would help. I think they're both good options.

That's totally fair. They are at the point where they risk ending the scenario too early, before having the chance to loot the room.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Reik posted:

Rocky: Heaving Swing + Dirt Tornado init 57
Bullwinkle: Skewer + Fatal Advance init 35
Splinter: Scurry + The Mind's Weakness init 20

I like this, but will choose Grab and go instead - same abilities but leaves the classic combo for potentially Bullwinkle's final turn before retirement.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I've submitted orders, and it's going to be different from the one suggested here.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I don't know if I'm really meaningfully giving "orders" since I have like two cards and I'd exhaust long before I joined up with anyone. I'm probably just dinking around for coins.

Sorry!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Drake Nest, Round 15A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 8/12

ROUND REVEAL posted:

:v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded0, Active0, Lost8) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and The Mind's Weakness.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Rocky (Hand7, Discarded0, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Crater.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Grab and Go.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
You know,

I just just realized I'm at 4 hp.

Question about the rules: Would the drake walk onto the trap to hit me as well if it's already hitting Bullwinkle, and if walking on the trap is the only way it can reach me as well?

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 20, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Wow drakes are ASSHOLES

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Eeepies posted:

You know,

AtomikKrab posted:

Wow drakes are ASSHOLES

Not an emptyquote!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Eeepies posted:

You know,

Question about the rules: Would the drake walk onto the trap to hit me as well if it's already hitting Bullwinkle, and if walking on the trap is the only way it can reach me as well?

No. Monsters treat traps as obstacles unless they fly or unless the only way they can focus on a target is to step on them. Other enemies attacked to achieve maximum effect are not focused targets.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Eeepies posted:

You know,

General Answer: No. Monsters will not step on a trap to add additional targets to their attack, so long as they can legally attack their focus.

Specific Answer: ...But these Rending Drakes are doing Range 3 attacks this round anyways, so you're both boned. :D

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

dwarf74 posted:

General Answer: No. Monsters will not step on a trap to add additional targets to their attack, so long as they can legally attack their focus.

Specific Answer: ...But these Rending Drakes are doing Range 3 attacks this round anyways, so you're both boned. :D

They seem fine to me. Crater then run away; Skewer then run away. As long as they end up at least 4 hexes away from the traps, they'll be out of range (and can each loot a coin to boot!). Both Spitting Drakes should die to Skewer, and one of the Rending Drakes (but not both!) will set off a trap.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Can Rend 1 see Rocky? It looks like the line goes through the corner of the door.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Can Rend 1 see Rocky? It looks like the line goes through the corner of the door.

Yeah, leftmost hex corner to leftmost hex corner.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If Rocky and Bullwinkle move to F4 and B4, the rending drakes will not be able to attack them this round. Would the Rending Drakes still draw focus and get as close as they can, stepping on a trap to do so?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

If Rocky and Bullwinkle move to F4 and B4, the rending drakes will not be able to attack them this round. Would the Rending Drakes still draw focus and get as close as they can, stepping on a trap to do so?

Yes, one of them would. They find a path to attack, assuming infinite movement, and follow it, even if the only option is through a trap. Though, once the first drake sets off a trap, the second one now has a safe path and will follow it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Phelddagrif posted:

Yes, one of them would. They find a path to attack, assuming infinite movement, and follow it, even if the only option is through a trap. Though, once the first drake sets off a trap, the second one now has a safe path and will follow it.
There's a valid path without traps already, so no Drakes will step on traps. Drake 1 will not step on a trap, because there is a valid path for it, through Drakes 2 and 5. It won't actually end up moving because it doesn't have enough movement to get to C2 when its turn starts, but there's a legal path that just happens to be too long.

(If the Cragheart or Mindthief was in C2, however, it would step on a trap because it would no longer have any valid paths of any length that avoid traps.)

I am a dummy who didn't look carefully at the monsters on the board.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 20, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

There's still a trap under Drake 5.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Rending Drake 1 should probably step on the D column trap to free up space for Bullwinkle to run in to the room later.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zack Ater posted:

There's still a trap under Drake 5.
Hah. Yeah.

Uh I have been going this whole time seeing all those as Rending Drakes rather than a mixed bag so I will shut up now. :blush:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Drake Nest, Round 15B

- None!

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to A4.
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Gains 1XP.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Master Splinter could technically Long Rest next Round to avoid exhausting, but she won't be able to get another Round in after that since she only has 2 cards left.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH. Attacks Spitting Drake 5 for 5 (3base, +2mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Spitting Drake 5 is killed!
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves4 to D5.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Attacks Spitting Drake 1 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Spitting Drake 1 is killed!.
- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves4 to C3.
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

I did not receive orders from Kafila for this Round, but that's the only hex they could move to grab a coin and be out of the Rending Drake's attack. If that wasn't your intention though, Kafila, please let me know and we can move you somewhere else!

54. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 1 focuses Rocky! Moves2 to D1. Trap in D1 triggered, Rending Drake 1 suffers 4 Trap damage!
Rending Drake 1 is at 2 HP.
- Rending Drake 6 focuses Rocky! Moves1 to door hex.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 10/12

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Could you move me to B4 instead? Bullwinkle looting gold is less important due to the impending retirement and I can reach a drake next turn to hit it from there.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sure thing! I'll update the situation asap, but for the next round orders consider:
- a 0 damage attack on Bullwinkle (with Chainmail last charge and Warding Strength 5th trigger used);
- POISON and WOUND on Bullwinkle.
- Bullwinkle in B4.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle would be out of range of an attack in B4, right?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Correct, that hex is out of the drake's range. Also that last image is slightly off, Drake 6 should be on the doorway (keeping those coins safe!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

:doh: I can't believe I have managed to miscount the hexes twice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I have not received orders for Bullwinkle yet, but I was also out of the house most of the day, so no real harm done :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Drake Nest, Round 16A

- Bullwinkle moved to B4! Looted 1 less coin token.
- Rending Drake 6 should be in the door hex!
- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 10/12

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."
Bullwinkle (Hand3, Discarded2, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 40 with Fatal Advance and Balanced Measures.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

code:
"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded2, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 57 with Heaving Swing and Massive Boulder.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Master Splinter (Hand0, Discarded2, Active0, Lost8) is acting at initiative 99 with Long Rest.

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
Master Splinter will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Looks like this one's in the bag! Honestly the biggest risk now is that both drakes die before you get the chest (Bullwinkle should be able to make it there next round).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing Step B orders from both non-exhausted players! And I can't really automate this because of what Phelddagrif mentioned in the previous post...

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Sorry about that, working on sending the orders in now.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Sorry about that, working on sending the orders in now.

Same - have had a rubbish night with work!

I'm going to charge the nearest drake, should hopefully kill it - and then take aggro from the other.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No worries everyone! It's a game, real life comes first :)

Drake Nest, Round 16B

- None!

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Kafila) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (bot)! Moves4 to C2. through A4, B3, C3
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Rending Drake 1 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Rending Drake 1 is killed!

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Eeepies) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (bot)! Moves5 to D1
- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (top)! Attacks Rending Drake 6 for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage!
Rending Drake 6 is at 2 HP.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Eeepies, I presumed you didn't want to push the Drake onto hex B5, as that would kill it, ending the Scenario (especially considering your follow up order on what to use to block the damage from the Drake's attack), but let me know if that's not the case!

59. Rending Drakes posted:

- Reding Drake 6 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 3 (4base, -1mod) damage.
Rocky discards Dirt Tornado, prevents all damage from the Attack!
Rockyis at 4 HP and is WOUNDED!

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

Master Splintertakes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, refreshes all SPENT items, HEALS2 Self. Loses Scurry.

Splinter doesn't have enough cards to play for the next Turn, so she automatically exhausts!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- (Scenario Objective) Drakes killed: 11/12
- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Grab and Go.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:rip: rat

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Yeah, definitely not pushing it, too greedy for the chest.

Kafila, can you get the chest this turn? If yes, I'll kill the drake to end the scenario. I will be moving as fast as a Craghart can so that you can sneak past onto the chest.

P.S: Sorry, can I execute a short rest, and to take 1 damage to reset the first card discarded? Thank you.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 24, 2019

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raAQlwaLB0w

It's been a pleasure, folks! Time for a rat nap.

You guys got this!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

P.S: Sorry, can I execute a short rest, and to take 1 damage to reset the first card discarded? Thank you.

You sure can, after the reroll, you've lost Heaving Swing!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 24, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think it'll take two turns at least. Turn 17 Rocky jumps over the drake with Crater, turn 18 they end of turn loot the chest. Turn 17 Bullwinkle loots a coin, turn 18 Bullwinkle Executes the drake for a guaranteed win.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

I think it'll take two turns at least. Turn 17 Rocky jumps over the drake with Crater, turn 18 they end of turn loot the chest. Turn 17 Bullwinkle loots a coin, turn 18 Bullwinkle Executes the drake for a guaranteed win.

Bullwinkle can loot the chest this round with Skewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

By the way, I would like to play any character. So, uh...there we go.