Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Good thing Rocky can both use Earth and choose not to generate it!

E: update on previous page, go look at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Plan: crater on the demon pushing it away, then move 4 (with boots) to B3. Splash or no splash depends on all the healths.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I don't think there's going to be a demon there. I'm dropping the top of one of my cards to Attack 5.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Unless you'd rather I slow-play it for your xp, that is. It'd waste your backup ammo, but it's all good with me either way.

Myself, I'd like the Demon certainly dead. :)

My Plan: Ash will move to C4. Drop the top of Patch Fur for +3 Attack. Use Relentless Ally to Move Pikachu to B4 if the demon dies, or to B6 otherwise. lmk if any of this will get in your way, Rocky - I'm flexible as long as I get to loot a coin. I got enhancements to buy.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 7, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nah, kill the demon dead.
Alternate plan is a generic move 2 (+ boots) and healing Splinter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

going to switch augs to shank and heal, if he goes down I move into his spot and loot. if he is still alive I shank again. one of the two should finish the inox.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Nah, kill the demon dead.
Alternate plan is a generic move 2 (+ boots) and healing Splinter.
3 of my 16 remaining modifier cards will leave the demon alive, so there's a little under a 20% chance you'll get to use that Crater after all :D

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
nvm, too much explaining the obvious

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Mountain Pass, Round 4B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

16. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Parasitic Influence (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks HEAL2 self (discard when another augment is played). Attacks Inox Archer 4 for 0 (1base, -1mod) damage! Gains 1XP. HEAL2, Self!
Master Splinter is at 8 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! Attacks Inox Archer 4 for 3 (1base, +2+ICE mod) damage! HEAL2, Self!
Inox Archer 4 is killed!
Master Splinter is at 9 HP and is STRENGTHENED.
ICE is now strong.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant discards Patch Fur! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Earth Demon 4! Moves2 to C4. Attacks Earth Demon 4 for 6 (2base, +1mod +3bonus) damage!
Earth Demon 4 is killed!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Relentless Ally (bot)! Moves5 to B4.
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

:fuckoff:

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves4 to B3.
- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! HEAL4, Ash.
Ash is at 14 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.
- EARTH is now inert.

Active players, I presume you are planning on having a Long Rest next Round. If that's the case, please provide me with STEP A orders for the Round after that one - and as always, if you are the player planning on opening the door, let me know with which card you want to do so; we'll start STEP B, open the door, and then let you provide the rest of STEP B orders with full knowledge of what's inside the next room.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ash won't move without enemies, so if Pikachu wants better positioning for his pokebear I think we can use this round to reposition. We all have two cards to play anyways, right?
(Dibs on the coin above me if we delay the long rest around)

Apart from that, my plan for the door is to go really slow and play tower defense.
If Splinter would rather not open the door I can go relatively quickly instead while still playing tower defense.
However, I'd be generating earth and I really don't want to risk some rear end in a top hat demon swiping it if I open the door.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 8, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
If you're only going to reposition/loot this round, please send your orders for it, for the Long Rest Round and Step A + door opening instructions for the following one!

Also please note that the Bear may be trained, but he can't operate doors (not even with a Command action, since Summons can't open doors)!
Q: Can the bear open doors with a Command action?
A: No

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 8, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I left myself a card to move Ash down the hallway.

My vote is to have an active, boring round this time and Loot since we all do, indeed, have two+ cards and it won't waste longevity. It costs us nothing, but gets us coins.

Then next round, long rest for everyone since we all have about the same number of cards. Then breach on round three.

If you folks would rather just long rest then breach, I'm good for it, but I don't see a downside to spending this active round.

On the third round, post-rest, I'll go late - Ash needs an open door, after all!

TIG - want us to send three rounds worth of orders?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

TIG - want us to send three rounds worth of orders?

Yes please (althougt only the last one really matters if you can agree on "who goes where" on turn1 and I get what you want to lose during Long Rest on turn2).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
OK so here's my plan, soon to be formalized with our game-runner.

1. Move Ash up to B1, where there's no coin. Pikachu can't move this turn.
2. Long Rest
3. I will plan on going late in the round order. I don't know what's back there, but it's a big room, so I'll try to grab some general-purpose cards, and if Ash needs to go a long way to get to a bad guy, I'll drop the top and bottom for a Move 6/Attack 5 on his turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

1. I can't get no coin with what I got left in my hand (I think) but that's ok
2. Long Rest
3. I can go fairly fast, or really slow depending on if you all want me to be the door knocker. If I am breaching the door I am going to be an invisible rat when I do it. Does my movement stop when the door opens? or can I keep going if I have spaces left to me?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 8, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

1. I can't get no coin with what I got left in my hand (I think) but that's ok
2. Long Rest
3. I can go fairly fast, or really slow depending on if you all want me to be the door knocker. If I am breaching the door I am going to be an invisible rat when I do it.
Oh sorry, I thought moving Pikachu this far into the hall would get him out of the way. :blush:

On the breach round, if you want Ash to do anything, go pretty early. Going early that round, then going invisible, then going late the second round lets you maximize your invisibility, anyways.

I will be going really late in the breach round. I will have a multiattack planned for Ash. It's risky, because I don't know where the bad guys will end up, but that's okay - I can always stamina pot it back, and I am interested in the late initiative more than anything else.

And if it's inox guards right up front, they retaliate, which will not be good news for yon bear.

Anyways, I'm sending in my orders now that we are all on the same page.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You keep going. Third room is smaller, I can breach that one when we get to it.

Also all the bottoms can be used as a generic move 2 instead of their text, you can swipe the coin in B2 by standing on it before my turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

You keep going. Third room is smaller, I can breach that one when we get to it.

Also all the bottoms can be used as a generic move 2 instead of their text, you can swipe the coin in B2 by standing on it before my turn.

I thought you wanted the coin. I mean i'll take it if you won't.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

I thought you wanted the coin. I mean i'll take it if you won't.

If it's still there I'll take it, but you know, Cragheart initiative.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

If it's still there I'll take it, but you know, Cragheart initiative.

I'll nick it to set up for opening the door.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fair.
TIG, if both hexes next to the door are taken I'll shift to C2. It doesn't really matter in this instance but it's good practice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Headsup: I had to send my PC to get some repairs done, so I'll be running things from a different one for a week or so until I get it back. In the meantime there could be some disruptions:
1) Gloomhaven Helper doesn't have Cloud saving, so I had to create a new instance for our party cause I forgot to grab the "savefile" before packing my pc. This should be almost uneventful right now, since no monster is midway through their decks; only effect should be a full deck of modifiers instead of a "+0" being drawn already.
2) TTS does have cloud saves, but several files are missing from the module I'm using and were manually replaced by me on my local MyGames folder. This means that some assets/models/pictures may be missing, but hopefully nothing that should stop us from playing.
3) I'm currently using a laptop that I share with my wife, so it may be unavailable to me in the time window I normally use to run things, so our updates may have to be skipped here and there until I get my pc back.

This looks actually more scary than it is, everything seems to be present on the board after the game has finished downloading stuff...

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 8, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Dude, thanks for running this. I'll deal with whatever weirdness happens. :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Mountain Pass, Round 5-6

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

During Round 5:
- our Heroes bravely shuffle around;
- Master Splinter LOOTs a coin token;
- Rocky creates redecorates with some rocks to gain 1XP.

During Round 6:
- Pikachu Long Rests, losing Relentless Ally.
- Rocky Long Rests, losing Nature's Lift.
- Master Splinter Long Rests, losing X (please AtomikKrab let me know which card you want to lose!)

Mountain Pass, Round 7A

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and The Mind's Weakness.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 81 with Rock Slide and Explosive Punch.

81. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

code:
"ROCK SLIDE (81) [Lvl4]
TOP: Create three single hex obstacles in empty hex within Range4 - All allies and enemies adjacent to one or more created obstacles suffer 2 damage - Generate EARTH - XP1
BOT: MOVE 6 - The movement must be in a straight line."

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 86 with Vicious Ally and Howling Bolts.

86. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"VICIOUS ALLY (86) [LvlX]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Swamp Alligator (HP5, MOVE2, ATK3, IMMOBILIZE) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2, Target2 - XP1"

"HOWLING BOLTS (47) [Lvl1]
TOP:  ATK1, Range4, Target3
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE5 - XP1"

Mountain Pass, Round 7B

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves1 to door hex!

Inox Guard 1, 4, 5 revealed!
Wind Demon 6(E), 5 revealed!
Treasure Tile 01 revealed!

When the door is opened posted:

With the pass blocked by the avalanche, you enter the cave to face your aggressors. Inside you see a network of passages leading deep into the mountain. Perhaps they would be worth exploring once your foes are dead.

Active Players please send me your revised STEP B orders now that you know what you're facing! AtomikKrab you can still complete your remaining MOVE action and activate your other card (and any items you'd like as well).

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The elite is moving to F7 and attacking both me and Ash, right?
Anyways, I'm dropping rocks for splash damage and laughing like a madman next turn.
Such a target rich environment.

E: I'll be disarming those traps if we can't clear an hex with pushes.
E2: Master Splinter, odds are you're getting 2 splash damage.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 9, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The demons are going to F7 and E7 no matter what, so I'll move into the doorway to force Ash into F8 for a dual strike. I can't catch the elite demon and one guard into the splash no matter what, but now everything is bunched up.
I can deal with the traps later on if we can't manage to push anyone into them.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

The demons are going to F7 and E7 no matter what, so I'll move into the doorway to force Ash into F8 for a dual strike. I can't catch the elite demon and one guard into the splash no matter what, but now everything is bunched up.
I can deal with the traps later on if we can't manage to push anyone into them.
That's perfect. Good call, Rocky.

My turn is basically decided for me.

edit: Ash still has his Push card.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, if Splinter can move in deep and invisibly attack the Inox, this will work awesome. I think C7 is the best spot for that, but I think anywhere in that rank right in front of them will be fine.

This is one of those situations where blocking the doorway invisibly is not the best play. We need to kite these guys towards us. Speaking of - nice, the Guards don't have retaliate yet. Awesome.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Actual verbatim quote I said out-loud reading this update and sipping coffee first thing in the morning :

"O that loving room".

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I reread the line of sight rules and E6 has line of sight to Ash. This means the elite demon will move to E6 and attack both Ash and me, then the normal demon will move to E7 and attack Ash.

This means that Ash will focus the elite and move to F7 on his own, no manipulation required.
With the elite eating two 5 damage attacks and the normal demon one attack 5 and 2 splash damage me might manage to remove them this turn. Shield 2 is nowhere enough for the amount of pain coming in.

If Master Splinter goes to C7, then guard 1 will move to D7, guard 4 to D6 and guard 5 will hold still.
If Splinter moves to D6 instead, guard 1 to D8, 4 to D7 and 5 holds still.
I'd suggest against D7 because next turn I'm using an AoE attack with some friendly fire attached.

E:

Xiahou Dun posted:

Actual verbatim quote I said out-loud reading this update and sipping coffee first thing in the morning :

"O that loving room".

It doesn't look that bad? To be fair the Bear Tyrant deals lot of damage and the Cragheart can bypass the demons' shields.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O it's not that bad, but it's a tough enough fight that I remember it from my IRL group.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Ash can easily suck up the amount of damage the wind demons are throwing down, so I am not worried about absorbing some attacks. Especially with Rocky tossing out random heals.

I don't get to make many decisions this round so uh... Just make sure Ash will do what he's supposed to do and I'm happy. :)

This room isn't nearly as bad when the Wind Demons aren't Disarming and the Guards aren't Retaliating.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

They have Disarm? I assume at higher level?
Still, they didn't generate air this turn so next turn they can't be really annoying, and they only have an 1 in 7 chance to swipe my earth.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Omobono posted:

Yeah it's not uncommon for enemies to pick up extra skills (usually around level 4). Of course most of the times aren't loving disarm.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Still, they didn't generate air this turn so next turn they can't be really annoying, and they only have an 1 in 7 chance to swipe my earth.
Yeah, with every attack. It makes this multi attack thing they are doing this round suck a lot.

At scenario level 4 I think it's just the Elite version, but yeah.

e: it's why I voted for doing this scenario right now instead of later.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:shepicide:
Good call there.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah it's not uncommon for enemies to pick up extra skills (usually around level 4). Of course most of the times aren't loving disarm.

Enemies that disarm (or god, stun) are the worst.

O, did you want to have a turn? No, you don't get a turn. Screw you, buddy.

Immobilize isn't great, but it can be a fun challenge. Those conditions just suck and I'm glad they're pretty rare and used well in the design-space.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
When I was playing Sun, I'd have rather been Disarmed than Immobilized on like 80% of turns!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

When I was playing Sun, I'd have rather been Disarmed than Immobilized on like 80% of turns!

Yes but that's specific to that class for [reasons].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

C7 shanking B7