Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Phelddagrif posted:

If a player uses a Loot 1 action while standing next to the bear, they will pick up the coin from underneath it.

I thought he was talking to the Beast Tyrant's player. (Although if the BT had a non-command loot card looting underneath the bear would still work.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah there's a card which lets the bear Loot, but I don't have it yet.

It's okay, there's usually spare change left laying around in the first room.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Getting some clarifications from one player, update asap!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Mountain Pass, Round 9

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

- Master Splinter: Moves to C4 and Loots1, gaining 2 coin tokens.
- Rocky: Throws obstacles in D8 into hex C1, Gains 1XP. Moves 6 (with Boots) to E3
- Pikachu: Commands Ash to F2.

Mountain Pass, Round 10
- Master Splinter: Moves 2 to E3.
- Rocky: Heals Ash for 2HP.
- Pikachu: Moves 1 to B5, gaining 1 coin token.

Mountain Pass, Round 11
- Master Splinter: Long Rest, loses X (please AtomikKrab let me know which card you want to lose!).
- Rocky: Long Rest, loses Earthen Clod.
- Pikachu: Moves 1 to B6, gaining 1 coin token. Short Rest, loses Energizing Strike.

Mountain Pass, Round 12A
Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Frigid Apparition.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Forceful Swipe.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 87 with Massive Boulder and Clear the Way.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

code:
"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

"CLEAR THE WAY (43) [Lvl3]
TOP: Move and adjacent single-hex obstacle to an empty hex withing Range4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the moved obstacle, XP1 - Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - Destroy all obstacles and disarm all traps move through - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Mountain Pass, Round 12B

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (bot)! Gains 1XP. Moves3 to door hex.

- Wind Demon 4(E), 5 revealed!
- Earth Demon 6(E), 3 revealed!

Now, I've just realized AtomikKrab's plan relied partially on using the Empowering Talisman to refresh Splinter's Invisibility Cloak; unfortunately, the talisman is only capable of refreshing small items (AKA: anything with a bag symbol, like the Stamina Potion). I've just realized there is no specification for the type of item in the Spreadsheet (cause most of them are fairly obvious), but the Cloak is a Torso item, like an Armor, and that may have been not that clear. I'll leave this to the players/the thread to decide if Splinter should have access to her Cloak, since this is my bad for not specifying item tipes in the sheet.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'd say it's salvageable even without invisibility? Elite earth is stunned, one normal demon (I suggest earth) explodes, only the wind demons act. Worse comes to worst Splinter loses a card.

E: ugh the main problem is that the wind demons won't move and that's horrid positioning for anything I can do
E2: get that earth demon out of that hex and I have a decent position
E3: yeah elite demon to C2 and I can move to B3 and facetank next turn. I have good odds of killing the normal wind demon with the bow, the power potion and the googles.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 14, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Ash is moving in and the Elite earth is his focus.

If it helps you, I can use the top of Maul on the Elite, and can then Push the Elite back to C2. I could alternately move Ash deeper in and Maul the normal one, but if you need that space, it works for me.

I'll take a few attacks, but I'm more worried about how many negative cards I have left in my deck. It's getting small, and every negative card is still in there. I was hoping to use Energizing Strike this round, but that's what I get for looting instead of long resting. :)

Ash still has all his Super Bear attacks. Everything left alive here will be in movement range for him.

I'm phone posting so I'll see if I'm missing anything.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 14, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Anyways, I've revised my options and I don't really need Clear the Way so I'll simply use the loss movement for the XP.

I still think punting the elite earth demon to C2 so I can bottle it and parry the rest of the scenario with my face is a good choice.
E: that way I also have a really good followup next turn

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Anyways, I've revised my options and I don't really need Clear the Way so I'll simply use the loss movement for the XP.

I still think punting the elite earth demon to C2 so I can bottle it and parry the rest of the scenario with my face is a good choice.
E: that way I also have a really good followup next turn
Sure, done, as long as Splinter is cool with it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Its cool without invisible.

Gonna stun one earth and then EXPLOSIONS the second one I have a movement left so i'll end up one hext further in so ya'll can get on that demon.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Wait, you don't need line of sight to command the bear? And the beast tyrant can just kinda chill out in the opening room? That's...interesting.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

FairGame posted:

Wait, you don't need line of sight to command the bear? And the beast tyrant can just kinda chill out in the opening room? That's...interesting.

Correct. There are a few scenarios which punish that playstyle but for the most part the vermling half of the equation never needs to move except to loot up the first room (not that most items are very useful for them).

EDIT: a well-played Beast Tyrant feels like an unstoppable force of nature, but you're beholden to the monster AI for half of the bear's actions and one slip up can end up with the bear charging into the middle of a bunch of enemies and getting destroyed, or cause it not to move when you intended it to, etc. With other characters you're always in control of the bulk of your power, but the pet-focused build of the Tyrant puts a lot of eggs into a basket you only have indirect control of.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 14, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

Its cool without invisible.

Gonna stun one earth and then EXPLOSIONS the second one I have a movement left so i'll end up one hext further in so ya'll can get on that demon.
Works for me. Ash is just as good in the doorway as he is a step into the room. Your choice - he's got plenty of move to slip past you if you want to stay put.

FairGame posted:

Nope - no LoS! The bear is a fully independent Summon with a few special rules, and Command cards don't have a specified range.

Most scenarios, Pikachu will not leave the first room. And probably pick up spare change in downtime, as he just did.

There's a second build of Tyrant where the vermling half will move along with the bear, but it's fiddly at times and not as well-supported at higher levels. It involves a lot of Disarming and - potentially - a lot of Summons, including some weirdo immobile Totems.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This scenario being more or less a straight line slugfest certainly helps.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zurai posted:

EDIT: a well-played Beast Tyrant feels like an unstoppable force of nature, but you're beholden to the monster AI for half of the bear's actions and one slip up can end up with the bear charging into the middle of a bunch of enemies and getting destroyed, or cause it not to move when you intended it to, etc. With other characters you're always in control of the bulk of your power, but the pet-focused build of the Tyrant puts a lot of eggs into a basket you only have indirect control of.
Yeah, to expand on this, you need a solid understanding of the monster AI and how to manipulate it for the bear build to work right, and even then it sometimes won't work out.

You have a few escape valves - we have two separate Command cards which let us move the bear, for instance. And Command attacks let you choose the target, so that's nice, as well.

Retaliate will chew him up fast, too - his best defense against it is to kill retaliators even harder. And as Zurai mentioned, some scenarios require the vermling half to walk a few steps on his tender, baby feet.

This scenario has basically been an ideal debut for him. Nothing too tricky, nothing Retaliating, nothing with giant fuckoff shields.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Incidentally, I really like how that works from a storytelling perspective. As long as everything proceeds more or less how you planned, and you planned well (ie, trained the bear well), the bear follows your orders and annihilates your enemies. When things get shaky, though, the bear goes off-script, much like a feral animal presented with unfamiliar and unexpected circumstances. It still responds to trained commands, but doesn't fully do what you want it to do. It gives a good narrative sense of a wild beast which has been trained but not really domesticated. One thing I really admire about Gloomhaven is how well the mechanics and flavor of the classes generally mesh together like that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

During both :byobear: Ash going bananas :byobear: turns we had to coordinate and manipulate the AI, monster and bear alike, to enable the face-eating.

And yeah, poor Ash is not going to fare well against shield+retaliate enemies.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

During both :byobear: Ash going bananas :byobear: turns we had to coordinate and manipulate the AI, monster and bear alike, to enable the face-eating.

And yeah, poor Ash is not going to fare well against shield+retaliate enemies.
Next level he'll get a card for shields, but it requires committing to the bear build and (at least temporarily) skipping the best card for an active tyrant.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Mountain Pass, Round 12B

- Master Splinter should have recovered 2HP during her Long Rest!

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (bot)! Moves1 to A4. LOSS card!
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 18 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (top)! Kills Earth Demon 3! LOSS card!
Earth Demon 3 is killed!

:psyboom:

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Earth Demon 6(E)! Moves1 to door hex. Attacks Earth Demon 6(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 15 HP and is STUNNED!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Earth Demon 6(E) for 2 (4base, -2mod) damage!
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 13 HP and is STUNNED!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Maul (top)! COMMANDS Ash to PUSH2 Earth Demon 6(E) to C2. Gains 1XP.

21. Wind Demons posted:

- Wind Demon 4(E) focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage. PULL1 Master Splinter to A3.
Master Splinter is at 6 HP.
- Wind Demon 5 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage. PULL1 Master Splinter to A2.
AIR is now strong.

Very considerate of the Wind Demons to Pull Master Splinter in a prime stabbing position...

71. Earth Demons posted:

- Earth Demon 6(E) loses STUNNED token.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

- Rocky uses Clear the Way (bot)! Jumps5 to C3. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Activates Minor Power Potion, Piercing Bow and Eagle-eye Goggles! Attacks Wind Demon 4(E) for 4 (3base, +0/+0mod, +1bonus, SHIELD2, PIERCING2) damage! Earth Demon 6(E) suffers 1 splash damage! Backup Ammunition's 3rd trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Wind Demon 5 for 4 (3base, +0/-1mod, +1bonus, SHIELD2, PIERCING2) damage! Master Splinter suffers 1 splash damage!
Wind Demon 4(E) is at 3 HP.
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 12 HP.
Wind Demon 5 is killed!
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

My plan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujC7rxFVZ18
Then pogoing around like Scrooge in the NES Ducktales.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
There's that -2!

Ash will be coated in whatever earth demons use for blood. No way to get both of them, sadly, but that Earth Demon is about to know some pain.

(With the caveat that I still have a null and a -1 in a small mod deck.)

Any desire to slow-walk that wind demon to collect xp and Loot, or have we ambled around enough, do you think? Has everyone made their goals?

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 15, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I just checked because 4 XP looked low, and I am pretty sure I am short 3 XP. I should have 7 by my calculations.

Round 1: Energizing Strike (top)
Round 2: Vicious Ally (bot)
Round 3: Forceful Swipe (bot)
Round 5: Vicious Ally (bot)
Round 8: Forceful Swipe (bot)
Round 9: Howling Bolts (bot)
Round 12: Forceful Swipe (bot)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will be going at RATSPEED and burning loss cards as I go.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

I will be going at RATSPEED and burning loss cards as I go.
So you're a no-go on go-slow, I take it?

Cool with me either way - I'm just wondering if I should switch cards for less damage output, but 1-2 more xp. :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

So you're a no-go on go-slow, I take it?

Cool with me either way - I'm just wondering if I should switch cards for less damage output, but 1-2 more xp. :)

Either way is fine. I just want to grind my exp which is in loss cards while I can.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

Either way is fine. I just want to grind my exp which is in loss cards while I can.
Sounds fair - I will change this to slow-walk it, myself, instead of going super-aggressive bear mode, because it's essentially impossible to lose at this point unless it's intentional.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

We still have 12 HP to chew through on the elite. It's not dangerous, but we have some time.
Wind demon ought to die next turn, but it'll have a turn with wind available so let's see what happens when there's no more CC (best CC is death).

And yeah, I'm using losses for XP too.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

We still have 12 HP to chew through on the elite. It's not dangerous, but we have some time.
Wind demon ought to die next turn, but it'll have a turn with wind available so let's see what happens when there's no more CC (best CC is death).

And yeah, I'm using losses for XP too.
Yeah my turn was going to delete almost all of those earth demon HP :)

I have changed it to do less but with more XP.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Here's another way the bear can be a disadvantage: if you're trying to keep one foe alive while you loot, you have to keep moving the bear away or he'll end the scenario before you're ready.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

Here's another way the bear can be a disadvantage: if you're trying to keep one foe alive while you loot, you have to keep moving the bear away or he'll end the scenario before you're ready.

Classic Bear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8

Btw, I won't have access to the laptop I'm running things from while my pc is in the repair shop, so we'll have to skip today!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Best wishes on a healthy laptop, TIG!

Narsham posted:

Yep! The 'good' news is that the Bear doesn't do a whole ton of damage without Command cards - only Attack 2 - so you just let them gently gnaw on the enemy for a few rounds and shrug if it ends up dying. We just leave the last enemy with a few more HP than we otherwise would, let the bear draw all the fire, and it still usually works out. It's a consideration tho for sure.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

E: ^^^^^ Thanks! Coincidentally, tomorrow I won't have access to the laptop I momentarily use for updates either. I hope my PC comes back soon :(

Mountain Pass, Round 13A

- Master Splinter has lost Perverse Edge during her last Long Rest.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Active Players if your plan is to spend some Rounds looting and farming XP, please discuss this itt and:
A) Decide how many Rounds (minimum) you want to go;
B) Send me orders for that many rounds (could be generic for future rounds, as in "I'd like to use Card X to gain XP on Round Y" or "I'd like to look a coin in Hex C4 during Round Z".
It looks like you've smashed through this Scenario, so let's keep the clean up phase nice and condensed :)

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Into the Night.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 17 with Disorientating Roar and Disappearing Wounds.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"DISORIENTATING ROAR (17) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE - Target all enemies within Range2. - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two figures - LOSS"

"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded1, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Crater.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 17, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think my turn is self-evident.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Imma mindcontrolling the earth guy and then stealing ye coin over there.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm going to do two weak attacks against the earth demon then debuff.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A quick update: I should be getting my PC back tomorrow, so updates will resume normally from there on! That said, I'm going to be in Germany for the Essen Spiel fair from Wednesday to Sunday next week, so that will also put a pause on our regular transmissions :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

A quick update: I should be getting my PC back tomorrow, so updates will resume normally from there on! That said, I'm going to be in Germany for the Essen Spiel fair from Wednesday to Sunday next week, so that will also put a pause on our regular transmissions :)
We can probably end this scenario by then I'd think :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Mountain Pass, Round 13B

- Pikachu should have 7XP!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (top)! LOOT1, gains 1 coin token.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot)! Round Bonus: Forces Earth Demon 6(E) to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
DARK is now strong.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Earth Demon 6(E)! Moves2 to B3. Attacks Earth Demon 6(E) for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage!
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 9 HP.
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Disorientating Roar (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Muddle and Immobilize all enemies withing Range 2. Gains 1 XP.
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 9 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED!
Wind Demon 4 is at 3 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Disappearing Wounds (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Earth Demon 6(E) for 4 (2base, x2mod) damage!
Earth Demon 6(E) is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED!

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Destroys obstacle in Hexes D3, E3. Attacks Wind Demon 4(E) for 3 (4base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Earth Demon 6(E) for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Wind Demon 4(E) is killed!
Earth Demon 6(E) is killed!
- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Jumps2 to D5. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

What were Inox and demons doing together? And so far north? You rifle through their belongings, looking for some indication of their motivation. All you find is some crude scratchings referencing a “voice.” You glance toward the cave. There may be some clues farther down the tunnels. To the north, Icecrag Peak looms large in the distance. (25) Still, you feel something calling you to explore the cave. (24) Not audibly, but there is a subtle and powerful urge. You look down at the Inox’s scribblings. A voice—yes, somehow that sounds familiar. You can almost hear it yourself.

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Echo Chamber 24
- Icecrag Ascent 25
Scenario Rewards
- None!
Victory Rewards
+8 XP each!

I'm running a bit late so I won't be able to run the normal conclusion stuff right now, but feel free to discuss your BGs and such itt already :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
HAH! My Crit came up before my Null. Well, I guess we kinda killed them fast, after all. I feel bad we don't have more rounds to XP and Loot - I was planning to summon a friend next round after being lonely in that first room - but I guess all our modifiers came up positive or double.

Thanks for running the game, The Italian Guy. This was a ton of fun, and I'd love to do it again sometime.

Pikachu's battle goal...

Sociable: "Never leave a room with a character ally remaining in it." Rewards:✓

We destroyed this dungeon. We killed the second and third rooms in two rounds each - the third while not even trying. Maybe this was just an easy dungeon, but if the next crew wants to play at +1, I'd support the decision. :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Retaliator: don't use an attack action before taking any damage. One checkmark reward.

A lot of Rocky's cards get around that restriction because splash damage is not an attack. I did check if maximum cheese was possible, but you can't damage yourself with Rocky Slide as "allies" means "the other dudes on your side but not yourself" in Gloomhaven.

My other BG was Bulwark: stand in a doorway adjacent to two enemies.

MVP:
(It's a vote for Pikachu)

Seconding the difficulty +1 proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So I had perforated. Ie: take 6 damage in a single round. Which I did instantly thanks to jumping into a buncha inox.

Pikachu mvp. Bear is true hero of people.

That was fun... rather easy but we had a very good group comp for the scenario.