Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going to be disarming the sun demon and either moving towards the door if there's a spot available or just getting away from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I can get the treasure next turn, too. There’s not much else useful for me to do.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

My plan is to:
1.) Get the treasure chest
2.) Punch the demon in the face

Now, I *can* do some more stuff if y'all would find it useful. Specifically, seems like we had a pretty good time in this first room using pillars to create chokepoints. I can do some dungeon feng shui and help us create new chokepoints if y'all think that'd be useful in the new room.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It is hilarious to me that these 'items' have such poetic and distinct names.

It makes me wonder what was left on the cutting room floor, here, or if it was just Marcel being fancy for no reason.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

dwarf74 posted:

It is hilarious to me that these 'items' have such poetic and distinct names.

It makes me wonder what was left on the cutting room floor, here, or if it was just Marcel being fancy for no reason.

Well, it's the Temple of the Eclipse, wherein the powers of Light and Darkness are both omnipresent. Zenith and Midnight are just more references to that.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

dwarf74 posted:

quote:

Guest design by: Marcel Cwertetschka

Well that explains some things!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Gnawing Horde.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Clear the Way.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"CLEAR THE WAY (43) [Lvl3]
TOP: Move and adjacent single-hex obstacle to an empty hex withing Range4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the moved obstacle, XP1 - Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - Destroy all obstacles and disarm all traps move through - XP2 - LOSS"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand4, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 31 with Focused Aggression and Concentrated Rage.

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"

"CONCENTRATED RAGE (51) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range4 - DISARM
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Top action of your turn to add +3ATK to all your Bear's attacks this round. OR Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Bottom action of your turn to add +3MOVE to all your Bear's move this round. - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
OK, Rocky seems to have the chest handled, I'll get ready to open the door, pop smoke and rest then. Unless we want to "waste" a turn and all rest up before opening the door ?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah, I’m going to need to short rest at the end of NEXT turn. So my plan is to move 4+2 (boots of striding, which I’ll get back on short rest) to the treasure. If our beast tyrant friend would be so kind as to disarm the demon, I’d appreciate not taking unnecessary damage.

Only question for me: would y’all rather I moved the pillar closer to the new room so we can funnel enemies? Or should I just punch the demon in the face?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The Sun Demon is still at 7 health with shield 1, and I'm hitting it with just an attack 2 and attack 1, so someone else has to punch it to death. Since we are all 10-11 card classes, we should be able to synchronize a long rest during round 6.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

FairGame posted:

Yeah, I’m going to need to short rest at the end of NEXT turn. So my plan is to move 4+2 (boots of striding, which I’ll get back on short rest) to the treasure. If our beast tyrant friend would be so kind as to disarm the demon, I’d appreciate not taking unnecessary damage.

Only question for me: would y’all rather I moved the pillar closer to the new room so we can funnel enemies? Or should I just punch the demon in the face?

You get refreshable items back on long rests, not short.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Seems like it would make sense for Splinter to move to the chest and attack, since she's strengthened?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Zack Ater posted:

You get refreshable items back on long rests, not short.

Ah. Duh. Though I'm not sure how much that matters given my situation.

Man, I am extremely NOT helpful in this scenario so far! I'm indifferent as to who gets the chest; I was just trying to be useful!

Splinter can do an ATK 1 + 2 while getting the chest, then Ash and Pikachu can poke the demon a little bit. Then I either finish it off or move the pillar closer to the door so we can do Pillar Stuff in the next room?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Phelddagrif posted:

Seems like it would make sense for Splinter to move to the chest and attack, since she's strengthened?

That's what I'm doing, but I don't plan on staying there ! I remember the nasty thing the next room has in store for us and I'd rather race forward.

Rocky, I don't think we really need obstacles in the next room, but eh. If the demon is dead by the time your turn comes up you might as well chuck it forward.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Orders in.

If the treasure isn't grabbed by Splinter, Rocky will grab it.
If the sun demon isn't dead, Rocky will punch it.
If the sun demon is dead, Rocky will chuck a pillar toward the next room in hopes of that being helpful.

edit: also, remember how I was supposed to be out of pocket this Monday and Tuesday? Well, now it's going to be NEXT Monday and most of Tuesday, as a heads up.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 4B

- None!

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Activates Winged Shoes. Jumps3 to A5. Attacks Sun Demon 6 with ADVANTAGE for 5 (1base, x2/+1mod +2bonus, SHIELD1) damage!
Sun Demon 6 is at 2 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves4 to A9. Master Splinter loses STRENGTHENED token.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains the Crystal of Zenith!

We can already see how swingy a short deck with 2 BLESS cards in it can get! At the start of the Scenario, 5/15 cards were non standard cards (+2, +2, x2, x2BLESS, x2BLESS and NULL), with 4/15 being positive non standard ones.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Clear the Way (top as a basic ATK2)! Attacks Sun Demon 6 for 3 (2base, x2BLESSmod, SHIELD1) damage! BLESS card is removed from the deck!
Sun Demon 6 is killed!
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding Moves6 to A5.
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains the Crystal of Zenith![/s]

Rocky's punch may not be Explosive, but it's still made of stone.

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Concentrated Rage (bot)! Moves2 to C5.
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Focused Aggression (top)! No action taken!

Here we can see one of the Bear's main weaknesses: everyone else is ready to breach the next door, and the Bear is still 6 tiles from it - and it won't move at all until he can focus a new enemy. Nothing a few COMMAND cards can't solve, but it makes life harder when your main tank is lagging behind the group, especially in any kind of Endurance Scenario.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!

If you are planning on Long Resting please send me 2 Rounds worth of orders! If you are planning on opening the door, I'll also play out the Step B orders up to the point where the next door is opened and the next room is revealed.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 7, 2019

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Um... wut ? Wouldn't I need to be on the chest at the end of my turn to loot it ?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I can breach VERY slowly and unless the room is filled with tons of flying foes I can protect myself pretty well. Should I?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Um... wut ? Wouldn't I need to be on the chest at the end of my turn to loot it ?

Ofc :v:

Not sure how I managed to gently caress that up, fixing movements! EDIT: fixed the positions, Rocky has used its Boots and grabbed the Crystal as per FairGame's contingency.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 7, 2019

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
No worries :)
So, I'm planning on opening the door asap and with a large movement card, which will give us time to react to exactly what's behind it, whether that's moving back to rest in peace while baiting the opposition out, or opting for short rests or stam pots instead. You lads are far enough back to be safe. Trust me, I promise I know what I'm doing. Like, 80% sure. 51, 51% sure.

(ETA : also this will let the bear move up instead of twerking in place)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I feel like opening a door when we only have 2-3 cards left is less than ideal. Why not use round 5 to reposition or loot, long rest in round 6, and open the door at the beginning of 7 with a full hand and all of our spent items restored? I have a bottom command movement for round 5 to get Ash a bit closer.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Reik posted:

I feel like opening a door when we only have 2-3 cards left is less than ideal. Why not use round 5 to reposition or loot, long rest in round 6, and open the door at the beginning of 7 with a full hand and all of our spent items restored? I have a bottom command movement for round 5 to get Ash a bit closer.

I am always gun-shy about "wasting" turns, having once lost a scenario where if we'd just spent one fewer turn screwing around for an OPTIMAL BREACH, we'd have won.

Do what y'all like, though! I can't open the door this turn (my plan is to move to where Splinter presently is, or right behind if Splinter decides otherwise) so it's mostly up to Splinter what we do. My preference is to keep moving if I get a vote, though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FairGame posted:

I am always gun-shy about "wasting" turns, having once lost a scenario where if we'd just spent one fewer turn screwing around for an OPTIMAL BREACH, we'd have won.

Do what y'all like, though! I can't open the door this turn (my plan is to move to where Splinter presently is, or right behind if Splinter decides otherwise) so it's mostly up to Splinter what we do. My preference is to keep moving if I get a vote, though.
When you only have 2-3 cards left as-is, you don't lose much stamina for hanging out for a single round. If that's the difference between a short rest and a long rest, and if you can get some coins for it maybe, it's probably worth it.

YMMV, I ain't playing this round.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Depends on the scenario I guess? Also on stacking stamina potions.
Last scenario was fairly short (2 small and a medium room) so we could waste a turn or two on prep and long resting.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Reik posted:

I hear ya, but then again, look at that boss. Think how many turns we're gonna have to wail on that bastard. Each of them is going to count.
Besides, look at what mobs we have left to face in this scenario. One's stationary, the other is geologically slow. And if there are more demons, well, I can always pop smoke inside the door and keep them where they are. Like I said, I'm almost reasonably convinced I'm not doing something colossally stupid ! :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kobal2 posted:

I hear ya, but then again, look at that boss. Think how many turns we're gonna have to wail on that bastard. Each of them is going to count.
Besides, look at what mobs we have left to face in this scenario. One's stationary, the other is geologically slow. And if there are more demons, well, I can always pop smoke inside the door and keep them where they are. Like I said, I'm almost reasonably convinced I'm not doing something colossally stupid ! :)

That makes sense. I'm gonna walk Pikachu towards the door a bit this turn and heal myself.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm missing orders from one player, but there's no rush cause I've forgot to turn on my remote machine today, so I won't be able to run the update anyway :v:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Still missing orders from FairGame! Update asap :)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That Italian Guy posted:

Still missing orders from FairGame! Update asap :)

No you’re not. Check your PMs. Sent it like two days ago.

e: occurs to me that while it's in my sent PMs, it was on one of the days where the forums where struggling so maybe it never actually made it to you? Gonna just post it here since I'm last and nobody is changing their orders.

Rock Slide, Dirt Tornado, moving at 82.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 9, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

FairGame posted:

No you’re not. Check your PMs. Sent it like two days ago.

e: occurs to me that while it's in my sent PMs, it was on one of the days where the forums where struggling so maybe it never actually made it to you? Gonna just post it here since I'm last and nobody is changing their orders.

Rock Slide, Dirt Tornado, moving at 82.

Yeah something weird must have happened with the Forums...cool I'll update tomorrow morning :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Yeah something weird must have happened with the Forums...cool I'll update tomorrow morning :)

Hey gang, sorry for the delay, but I can't manage to update today as we'll have to leave soon for a friend's place. Please accept this picture of my dog after his first haircut as repayment.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Your dog is adorable, holy crap

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
... Accepted, but will need more when we crash down from the aawwwwigh.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

... Accepted, but will need more when we crash down from the aawwwwigh.

Fair enough. Here's a pre-haircut nap pic:

Today we explored a Mansion of Madness:

It's an ok game (think Arkham Horror with a companion narrator app) although the app feels a bit like an obstacle instead of making things easier at times.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Decent game, yeah. Also I'm pretty sure I know exactly which scenario that picture is of :). We were *so* close but missed rescuing a guy, had to traipse back and, weeeeell... At least we died quick.

ETA : brb, huffing doggo

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 5A

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Into the Night.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand2, Discarded8, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 35 with Forceful Swipe and Disappearing Wounds.

35. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"

"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"
Rocky (Hand3, Discarded8, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 82 with Dirt Tornado and Rock Slide.

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

"ROCK SLIDE (81) [Lvl4]
TOP: Create three single hex obstacles in empty hex within Range4 - All allies and enemies adjacent to one or more created obstacles suffer 2 damage - Generate EARTH - XP1
BOT: MOVE 6 - The movement must be in a straight line."

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 5B
Not sure which card Master Splinter wanted to use to breach the door, but for the sake of moving things forwards we'll fix this in post :)

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

Master Splinter uses One of her cards! Moves1 to door hex.

- Stone Golem 1, 2, 5 revealed!
- Ancient Artillery 2, 5, 6 revealed!
- Goal Treasure Tile 2 revealed!

Kobal2, please let me know which card you wanted to breach with! Also I believe FairGame to be away for a couple of days, so please thread provide your opinion on what Rocky should do.

E: vvvv Sure thing!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 11, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I’m here for like 15 more minutes and will submit orders via PM. If they don’t make sense, just tell the thread and have them decide for me.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I'm using brain 'sploder as move5

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
So, guys. What's our plan ?
I can move back with you, pulling the golems with me. This turn they'll get themselves stuck inside the doorway, next turn they'll probably still be somewhat stuck with their extensive movement of one (1). We could try and dispatch them in the first room together while safely out of range of those guns.
I could also move up and through them, rest while cloaked, then try to deal with the guns on my own while you guys do the golems. It's obviously super unsafe and will cost me some loss cards at the very least, but it might also be faster, especially if we decide to try and bypass the golems entirely.

What say you ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Due to the automated nature of the bear, it doesn't do that great against shield golems. Probably best if we focus on them outside of the range of the artillery and then rush the artillery together.