Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Phelddagrif posted:

Assuming the golem gets pushed to C2, Rocky can still move back to B8 and attack all three of them. He'll take one retaliate but the others won't be able to reach.

*I* wanna go to B8 (and shoot #1). Although I guess I could also do that from A or C8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If I’m going to use dirt tornado (and I don’t have to) there’s only one spot I can do it from without eating all the retaliate in the world.

And since at least two golems are gonna be alive next turn, probably a good idea to apply muddle.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Gonna use the boots of speed so Ash doesn't explode, hit golem 2 twice and push it to C2. If Ash kills golem 2 though, I'd have to move in to the room to push golem 5 on to the trap. Does that work for y'all?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
No problem on my end, and another good use of the boots. Man, I never realized those things could be so useful (nobody in my group ever used them, we stuck with movement or jump mostly)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Sounds good. My play here is pretty obvious.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 7B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Pikachu uses Boots of Speed to lower his initiative by 10!

*4. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 2! Attacks Stone Golem 2 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Stone Golem 2 is at 3 HP.
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Maul (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Stone Golem 2 for 3 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Stone Golem 2 is killed!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 2 to A1 and to PUSH Stone Golem 5 to C1. Trap sprung in hex C1!
Stone Golem 5 is at 8 HP and is POISONED and IMMOBILIZED!

:tbear:

11. Stone Golem posted:

- Stone Golem 1 focuses Ash! Gains RETALIATE3, Range3!
- Stone Golem 5 focuses Ash! Gains RETALIATE3, Range3! Loses IMMOBILIZED token.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves1 to B8.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 1 for 2 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Attacks Stone Golem 5 for 0 (1base, -1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Stone Golem 5 RETALIATES3, Range3!
Stone Golem 1 is at 5 HP and is POISONED and MUDDLED!
Stone Golem 5 is at 8 HP and is POISONED and MUDDLED!
Rocky is at 12 HP.
Ash the Bear is at 11 HP and MUDDLED!

71. Ancient Artillery posted:

So close! Yet so far.

82. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (bot)! Moves2 to A8.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 1 for 3 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Gains 1XP.
Stone Golem 1 is at 2 HP and is POISONED, MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!

Just in case there was any confusion, Gloomhaven LoS rules are very generous. As long as you can draw an uninterrupted (by walls only) line between any corner of the hex the attacker is standing in to any corner of the hex the target is standing in, you have LoS. In this case, it's rightmost corner to rightmost corner:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!"

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If someone can keep the higher HP golem from moving down the center (maybe a stun?) I can (probably) safely move after the cannons waste another turn and start messing them up.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

FairGame posted:

If someone can keep the higher HP golem from moving down the center (maybe a stun?) I can (probably) safely move after the cannons waste another turn and start messing them up.

Well, my plan was to kill off #1 and pop smoke with a card, but I suppose I can kill off #1 and stun #5 in passing (and pop smoke with me coat if need be).

ETA : In either case however I'll be hogging B3. I think I know what you're planning on doing, but just in case, fair warning, etc...
ETA2 : and just as in case, and if it wasn't apparent, I am speeding with the ratness. Not that I really have a choice any more ^^;.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 17, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Were you going to be going relatively early in the round when you kill number 1?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Reik posted:

Were you going to be going relatively early in the round when you kill number 1?

As fast as the cards allow, yeah. Since I was planning on not getting targeted one way or the other, dispatching a threat to y'all ASAP seemed best. But again, if you look at what cards I've got left in hand, it's not like my init bracket is super wide :). In fact I cannot physically act slower than either of you ! Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 17, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Kobal2 posted:

As fast as the cards allow, yeah. Since I was planning on not getting targeted one way or the other, dispatching a threat to y'all ASAP seemed best. But again, if you look at what cards I've got left in hand, it's not like my init bracket is super wide :). In fact I cannot physically act slower than either of you ! Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

A fast, blue rodent-like creature you say?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from one player, update asap!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dammit, that’s my fault. Submitted. Sorry.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No problem! :)

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 8A

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
Enemies this mission are just dicks :v:

All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Scurry.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand7, Discarded2, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 81 with Relentless Ally and Focused Aggression.

81. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"RELENTLESS ALLY (81) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Tattered Wolf (HP4, MOVE3, ATK2) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded4, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 81 with Rock Slide and Clear the Way.

81. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"ROCK SLIDE (81) [Lvl4]
TOP: Create three single hex obstacles in empty hex within Range4 - All allies and enemies adjacent to one or more created obstacles suffer 2 damage - Generate EARTH - XP1
BOT: MOVE 6 - The movement must be in a straight line."

"CLEAR THE WAY (43) [Lvl3]
TOP: Move and adjacent single-hex obstacle to an empty hex withing Range4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the moved obstacle, XP1 - Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - Destroy all obstacles and disarm all traps move through - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Good lord. Will the cannons fire if there’s not an enemy within range 5, but IS within 6 since AoE would connect?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FairGame posted:

Good lord. Will the cannons fire if there’s not an enemy within range 5, but IS within 6 since AoE would connect?
They will. They use the same AoE rules as players.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I guess that’s not SO bad. Splinter can cloak so that only Ash gets shot. Alternately, Splinter can draw fire from C2 since two ATK1s aren’t likely to ruin her day and I don’t think she has much need of movement next turn anyway. Frees the bear up to join me in murdering these damned cannons.

I’m going to move next to the pillar and chuck it at those jerks. Will grab the treasure next turn.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Ash is fine getting immobilized this turn, I'm not using any command cards so all they were going to do is their basic Attack 2 while muddled, which wouldn't be doing much against a Shield 1 Golem. My plan is to move up and do my attack 3 on Golem 5, assuming Splinter is going to scurry up, finish golem 1, and stun golem 5?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I already submitted my orders: I'm moving up to throw the pillar between the two cannons. If y'all think that's a bad idea and that I'd be better off trying to set myself up to use Opposing Strike next turn so I can melee both cannons, lemme know.

I'm eventually going to have to clear out all the trash at the bottom of this room; I don't really mind making more.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think throwing the pillar is fine, the cannons seem to have ability cards that do bad stuff to enemies adjacent to them, so it's probably not the best idea to be starting a round adjacent to two of them.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

They will. They use the same AoE rules as players.

It is, in fact, how my own filthy rat thing died the first time my group ran this scenario (I had also gone invisible to heal up, but still within the AoE targeting the Brute. Yes, I know, I should *still* not have been targeted because AoEs in this game aren't real and are treated as a series of individual attacks instead, but we didn't know that at the time and used "common sense" AoE rules)

Reik posted:

My plan is to move up and do my attack 3 on Golem 5, assuming Splinter is going to scurry up, finish golem 1, and stun golem 5?

That's the plan, yup. Also cloaking, because while getting nailed with a pair of Atk1 isn't the end of the world, getting stuck sucks.

EDIT : speaking of plans, FairGame it would be nice and pal-like of you to chug your can of Monster, get Explosive Punch back and clear out the obstacle in E7 next turn. Just sayin'.
EDIT2 : wait, you can't, you'll be stuck. Nevermind, back to the drawing board.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 18, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kobal2 posted:

It is, in fact, how my own filthy rat thing died the first time my group ran this scenario (I had also gone invisible to heal up, but still within the AoE targeting the Brute. Yes, I know, I should *still* not have been targeted because AoEs in this game aren't real and are treated as a series of individual attacks instead, but we didn't know that at the time and used "common sense" AoE rules)

That's the plan, yup. Also cloaking, because while getting nailed with a pair of Atk1 isn't the end of the world, getting stuck sucks.

EDIT : speaking of plans, FairGame it would be nice and pal-like of you to chug your can of Monster, get Explosive Punch back and clear out the obstacle in E7 next turn. Just sayin'.
EDIT2 : wait, you can't, you'll be stuck. Nevermind, back to the drawing board.

I won't be stuck. I'm moving after the cannons this turn. My plan, in fact, is to use my can of Monster, get Explosive Punch (and Rumbling Advance) back, and then blow up the pillar I"m tossing at the cannons. SHOULD kill one of them. Maybe both of we're lucky.

TIG: Do I need to PM you to use my minor stamina potion to get those 2 cards back? Because that's what I've been planning to do.

Reik posted:

I think throwing the pillar is fine, the cannons seem to have ability cards that do bad stuff to enemies adjacent to them, so it's probably not the best idea to be starting a round adjacent to two of them.

Maybe I've been mis-reading this. I thought "target adjacent enemies" meant that if they targeted Ash at range 5, but I was adjacent to Ash, I'd also get hit. Not if I was standing adjacent to the cannon.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 18, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FairGame posted:

Maybe I've been mis-reading this. I thought "target adjacent enemies" meant that if they targeted Ash at range 5, but I was adjacent to Ash, I'd also get hit. Not if I was standing adjacent to the cannon.
If it doesn't say "adjacent to the target" then it's adjacent to the acting figure.

For example, the golems here are attacking everyone adjacent to them, not everyone adjacent to their focus.

The cannons also have stuff that targets everyone adjacent to them - like the card they drew last round. It's easy to mess that up or misunderstand - you can compare/contrast to the wording on the Cragheart's massive boulder (which specifies 'allies and enemies adjacent to the target') to see the difference.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, the cannons tend to hurt or otherwise mess with things adjacent to themselves since they are completely immobile (if you hadn't figured that out by now with them having 0 movement and having drawn no cards with movement instructions, and also being cannons). It's a little bit of a bandaid for the fact that it's easy to get them to attack at disadvantage.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Reading this thread has been great for learning all the ways my group plays wrong.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Hm, looks like you guys both lost your access to push. I could stamina potion back Forceful Swipe in a round or two and push some cannons through some traps?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I’m planning to just burn my loss card that lets me hop through traps and obstacles and stuff. I don’t LIKE using loss cards, but it’ll get us through this nonsense fast enough that it’s probably worth it.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Worst comes to worst I've still got my boots to ignore the traps, so I personally don't care either way ; but at the same time my ranged attacks are puny so dealing with gun #6 that way will/would be a pain in the tail.

Oh and FairGame, I meant that next turn you'll be immobilized for certain - the guns will target you since you'll be closest, and their current card immobilizes. Even should they miss entirely. So whatever happens you won't be able to stroll up to and pulverize the pillar in E7 next turn.

ETA: oh no wait you act after them, disregard that.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 19, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 8B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves4 to B3. Attacks Stone Golem 1 for 7 (1base, x2mod +2bonus, SHIELD1, POISON) damage!
Stone Golem 1 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Stone Golem 5 for 2 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Gains 1XP.
Stone Golem 5 is at 6 HP and is POISONED, MUDDLED and STUNNED!
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Perverse Edge.
Master Splinter uses Cloak of Invisibility! Gains INVISIBLE.

INVISIBILITY makes a character unable to be targeted. This means that, even if the template from the Artillery attack would overlap with hex B3, Master Splinter would be safe and sound since you can't be attacked if you can't get targeted.

46. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 2 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 2 (1base, +1mod) damage.
Ash is at 9 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED.
- Ancient Artillery 5 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 8 HP and is IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED.
- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Ash! No action taken!

81. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Stone Golem 5! Loses IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED tokens.
- Pikachu uses Relentless Ally (bot)! Moves4 to B9.
- Pikachu uses Focused Aggression (top)! Attacks Stone Golem 5 for 5 (3base, +2mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage!
Stone Golem 5 is at 1 HP and is POISONED, STUNNED and MUDDLED.

Aggressive Pikachu!

81. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Rock Slide (bot)! Moves6 to B5.
- Rocky uses Clear the Way (top)! Tosses obstacle in A4 into hex C6! Gains 1XP. Attacks Ancient Artillery 2 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Attacks Ancient Artillery 5 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 2 is at 5 HP.
Ancient Artillery 5 is at 5 HP.
Rocky uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Explosive Punch and Rumbling Advance.

:black101:

83. Stone Golem posted:

- Stone Golem 5 focuses Ash! Loses MUDDLED and STUNNED tokens.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That went pretty well.

Y’all know my plan this turn. Moving quick (for a cragheart which is nevertheless probably faster than an old cannon). Should be able to kill at least one of the nearest two cannons, if not both.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
That last golem staying alive is annoying, and I misplayed - should have moved to C2 to be able to Brain Leech him this turn, just in case. Ah well, I'll just copy/paste last turn's plan so Pikachu can move up.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'd like to Major Stamina Potion back Relentless Ally, Focused Aggression, and Forceful Swipe.

When will you be able to move or destroy one of the obstacles in the way? Trying to plan Ash's route so he doesn't waste 3-4 turns stepping on immobilize traps like Sideshow Bob with rakes.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If this turn goes well (meaning I kill both cannons near me and don’t get immobilized or pushed back by the remaining cannon) I can clear out most of the bad stuff next turn.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
That Italian Guy, I just noticed the HP totals of the two be-pillared guns weren't updated in the final picture. Dunno how you're really handling the behind the scenes stuff so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Also because I feel like I have a LOT of -1s left in my deck I’m probably going to use my power potion to see to it that the job is done right.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

That Italian Guy, I just noticed the HP totals of the two be-pillared guns weren't updated in the final picture. Dunno how you're really handling the behind the scenes stuff so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Thanks! Correct HP totals will be applied on the next update :)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Man, I just looked again at The Colorless' stats and abilities and I seriously have no idea how we're going to do this. And that's assuming it's just kinda hanging out by its lonesome in the next room which it most likely isn't!

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Eh, we'll pass water under that bridge when we burn it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
FWIW, you guys are in great shape, from where I'm sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Kobal2, am I understanding you correctly that you're gonna go quick and finish off golem 5?