Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Also: I'm stupid and didn't stamina back the card I need to clear out all this crap.

This is solvable if TIG will let me do a mulligan on my stamina potion, and get back CLEAR THE WAY (instead of rumbling advance) and EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (same as before).

Otherwise I'm kinda stuck for a bit.

e: submitted new orders to you, TIG. Basically it's contingent upon whether I can re-select the stamina potion cards.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You were the last person in the round, except a stunned shield golem, so it's not like a lot of "in-game time" passed between your stamina potion use and us picking cards for this round.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Reik posted:

Kobal2, am I understanding you correctly that you're gonna go quick and finish off golem 5?

Yup. Doing that, then charging at the gun on the left. Possibly using my cloak again, depending on what the guns do.

FairGame posted:

Also: I'm stupid and didn't stamina back the card I need to clear out all this crap.

I was wondering about that, but didn't want to look bossy or backseat playing by asking :shobon:
And I don't see much wrong in letting you have a take backsie, since it doesn't change much, you acted last and we haven't played since your action.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going to have a similar turn, moving in to the next room and shooting a cannon to help finish any off or weaken them, depending on how initiatives play out. My goal is to stay with the group so I can drop some summons in the boss room.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 9A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Rocky has recovered Clear the Way (instead of Rumbling Advance) with its Minor Stamina Potion.
- Pikachu uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Relentless Ally, Forceful Swipe and Focused Aggression.
- Ancient Artillery 2 and 5 HP totals have been fixed!
- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Scurry.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range(3) - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded4, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 28 with Explosive Punch and Earthen Clod.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"
Pikachu (Hand8, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 31 with Focused Aggression and Relentless Ally.

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"

"RELENTLESS ALLY (81) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Tattered Wolf (HP4, MOVE3, ATK2) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Reik, I'm assuming your plan is to run ahead and shoot whichever front row gun is still alive after Rocky's 'sploding the pillar ?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Thanks for the do-over.

Unless there’s something I’m missing, my move seems obvious: move adjacent to the top gun (which will keep me out of range of the one in the corner) with a generic move2, then bash the pillar with a power potion and hope I don’t roll negative modifiers on both. Pikachu cleans up if I only kill one of the two.

Sound good?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I'm not sure you *need* the power pot - both Ash and I are going to hit a gun with Atk3s (most likely one each), so your own double Atk4 should be enough to kill them. The only way this doesn't happen is if one of us rolls their Null, or we all roll minus cards. The former is possible but whatareyagonna do (and the pot won't help if it's you with the Null), the latter is very improbable.

ETA : oh, your move still puts you in range of the backrow gun BTW. But it's OK, it'll shoot at me and I've still got both a heal pot and a heal move to negate that.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kobal2 posted:

Reik, I'm assuming your plan is to run ahead and shoot whichever front row gun is still alive after Rocky's 'sploding the pillar ?

Yeah, that's the plan.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Cool. Will stay my hand on the power potion then.

Orders submitted. I'm gonna be near the bottom cannon if it matters.

Lemme know what y'all want cleared next turn--I think I can only clear 3 of the 5 times. Assuming we want the traps cleared since they're VERY annoying for the bear, plus I can use pillars as a weapon.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 20, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think we should keep the trap closest to the door available in case we need to push something in to it from the next room. That would cost 1 pillar to keep, is that okay with you?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Fine with me, and I should be fast enough to punch what I hope is the only surviving cannon next turn. If someone's able to finish that cannon before it does something unpleasant to me I'd appreciate it, but I'm also not that worried about it.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Weeell I was set on licking my soon-to-be cannon wounds (and pick up that chest) next turn, but I could also shoot it right in its dumb cannon face a little I suppose. What about you, Reik

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'm going to want a long rest before we breach the next room (but I'm also putting many carts before many horses here).

Also someone will need to grab the other treasure chest, yeah

I've got 12 HP; it's not the end of the world if a cannon shoots me.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I can try and go fast next round and disarm it.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

FairGame posted:

I'm going to want a long rest before we breach the next room (but I'm also putting many carts before many horses here).

Also someone will need to grab the other treasure chest, yeah

I've got 12 HP; it's not the end of the world if a cannon shoots me.

OK, then I'll stick to my original plan and sort of not do much next turn. Let's put the semi in semi-coop !

And I'm fine with your (eventually) long resting - much like Reik I've been planning on unleashing my POWERFUL summons at the boss all along ; and because I'll have to drop The Mind's Weakness this cycle I can't short rest and risk losing either it OR Gnawing Horde so I'll have to LR too, preferably before the boss is out there being his obnoxious self. The only issue in that scenario will be prodding the bear's butt along while there's no enemy for him to focus.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 9B

- None!

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Stone Golem 5 for 2 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Gains 1XP.
Stone Golem 5 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves3 to B6. Attacks Ancient Artillery 5 for 4 (1base, +1mod +2bonus) damage! Loses INVISIBILITY token.
Ancient Artillery 5 is at 1 HP.

28. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves1 to C5.
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Destroys obstacle in C6! Gains 2XP. Attacks Ancient Artillery 5 for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage! Attacks Ancient Artillery 2 for 6 (4base, +2mod) damage! LOSS card!
Ancient Artillery 5 is killed!
Ancient Artillery 2 is killed!

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Ancient Artillery 6! Moves3 to A4.
- Pikachu uses Relentless Ally (bot)! Moves5 to B5.
- Pikachu uses Focused Aggression (top)! No action taken!

95. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 5 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!"

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Well that worked and a half, drat !

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Couldn’t have gone better. Y’all know my play. Try and move AFTER me (as fast as a cragheart can move) so thst the obstacles and traps don’t mess you up.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Lurker chiming in here - this thread is super cool and good and thank you TIG for running it, and players too :)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

FairGame posted:

Couldn’t have gone better. Y’all know my play. Try and move AFTER me (as fast as a cragheart can move) so thst the obstacles and traps don’t mess you up.

Neither Ash nor Pikachu will get to the traps this round, so I'm going to try and go quick and disarm the cannon.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Reik posted:

Neither Ash nor Pikachu will get to the traps this round, so I'm going to try and go quick and disarm the cannon.

e: nevermind, I get my vermling players confused

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Way to be racist against Vermlings.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers posted:

Way to be racist against Vermlings.

All Savvas are racists.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Rocky can't help it, they literally have no heart.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

#notallsavvas

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 10A

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!"

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Rocky:

:v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded4, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Empathetic Assault.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"
Pikachu (Hand6, Discarded3, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 23 with Disappearing Wounds and Concentrated Rage.

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"

"CONCENTRATED RAGE (51) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range4 - DISARM
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Top action of your turn to add +3ATK to all your Bear's attacks this round. OR Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Bottom action of your turn to add +3MOVE to all your Bear's move this round. - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded5, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 35 with Crushing Grasp and Clear the Way.

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"CRUSHING GRASP (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate EARTH
BOT: LOOT1"

"CLEAR THE WAY (43) [Lvl3]
TOP: Move and adjacent single-hex obstacle to an empty hex withing Range4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the moved obstacle, XP1 - Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - Destroy all obstacles and disarm all traps move through - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Hmmm. Here's a thing that warrants mentioning : I'm long resting the turn after next.
I can only really attack that gun in melee next turn, and I'll have to do it before Rocky moves - as said before, I literally cannot do it after (unless I burn my stamina potion a second time to pick a low init card, but that's not great, I'd rather leave that potion for the boss and it'd delay my resting). Therefore it would be best for me if both traps next to the gun were cleared, leaving the leftmost one if we want to use it for Shenanigans.
I realize it's one tile further from the door compared to the rightmost one, so pushing something into it will be a bit harder, but if my way to the gun isn't cleared this turn then on the next I either do nothing whatsoever, or stumble into it myself to smack the gun before I rest - which isn't a big deal but defeats the purpose of leaving it up.

By my reckoning, the gun takes ~1 + ~3 this turn, and a further ~3 from Rocky next turn which should be enough... but might not be.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I don’t know what’s in the next room but I’d be a little surprised if we were able to push it all the way out into this corridor without having better options that DONT involve doing that. I’m fine clearing the two traps so we can melee things.

That said, ash and pikachu have a “heal 1, all allies” card they’re likely playing next turn. Which would take care of poison if you jumped into a trap at melee range. And since you’re long resting, the immobilize wouldn’t matter.

I think.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Keeping that trap up was only based on there being no reason at the time to spring it, but since it sounds like there's a reason to spring it now I'm 100% okay with that.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

OK so you want me to leave the trap that's in D, correct? And we're good with me leaving one of the two columns (Prefer to keep the one nearest the door)?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You can just clear out all 3 traps and keep both columns if that's better for you.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Doesn't really matter to me. I only have 1 card left that lets me do neat things with pillars, and I don't have a way to get cards back other than resting. The chances of me having 2 opportunities to use that 1 card on the 2 remaining pillars in this room are, uh...slim.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Heads-up everyone: I have changed my ssd and I'm running into some issues with the cached assets (that were corrupted in the previous release of the TTS mod but were saved locally on my machine); same problem I was having while running the game from my wife's laptop awhile ago.

Unfortunately this time I don't have the assets/I can't recover them easily. This means I'll have to rebuild the savestate of the game, starting from scratch...and that is not going to be super pleasant, although the thread itself is going to be a big help (and I can export certain assets, like the Town/Road event decks, from the old savegame). This will probably take at least a few days to attempt, so please bear with me and

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bear butts held on to.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

FairGame posted:

OK so you want me to leave the trap that's in D, correct? And we're good with me leaving one of the two columns (Prefer to keep the one nearest the door)?

Yup. And I think destroying either pillar is fine, bear-wise ?

That Italian Guy posted:

This will probably take at least a few days to attempt, so please bear with me

As a Vermling, I was born to bear. The rats are just a coping mechanism.
(serious mode : doesn't the app come with some debug tool or cheat code that'd let you just erase monsters or enter values directly ? Big oversight if not. Or do you mean you have to redo the *entire* campaign ?!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

(serious mode : doesn't the app come with some debug tool or cheat code that'd let you just erase monsters or enter values directly ? Big oversight if not. Or do you mean you have to redo the *entire* campaign ?!)

One of the ways I could try to attempt to repair the missing assets is figuring out exactly what is missing, opening up the non corrupted mod and copying the steamcloud links to the assets. The problem is that as soon as you close the "missing asset" popup, if the mesh is missing the object disappears from existence; since I knew it this time, I opened up an old savegame to test it...and the assets are now gone from that savefile. So the world map (missing the mesh) is now gone completely, and even if I get texture steamcloud url I won't be able to apply it, since the object is no longer there. This basically means that I have only a single attempt to fix everything (since I only have 2 rotating savefiles - and one of them is now corrupt - and the autosave slot).

Also, some of the missing assets (like Splinter and Rocky's char sheets) are not static - I will have to restore the content of the sheet by hand even if i was able to fix the missing mesh/texture.

Also also, if something is still inside a box (like an unopened class or a monster that we have not seen yet) there is no way for me to know if those mesh/textures are gone as well - since TTS only load those assets the first time I "unbox them".

In the end, it's probably safer to rebuild the savefile from scratch using the new fixed module as a base :(

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

That Italian Guy posted:

One of the ways I could try to attempt to repair the missing assets is figuring out exactly what is missing, opening up the non corrupted mod and copying the steamcloud links to the assets. The problem is that as soon as you close the "missing asset" popup, if the mesh is missing the object disappears from existence; since I knew it this time, I opened up an old savegame to test it...and the assets are now gone from that savefile. So the world map (missing the mesh) is now gone completely, and even if I get texture steamcloud url I won't be able to apply it, since the object is no longer there. This basically means that I have only a single attempt to fix everything (since I only have 2 rotating savefiles - and one of them is now corrupt - and the autosave slot).

Also, some of the missing assets (like Splinter and Rocky's char sheets) are not static - I will have to restore the content of the sheet by hand even if i was able to fix the missing mesh/texture.

Also also, if something is still inside a box (like an unopened class or a monster that we have not seen yet) there is no way for me to know if those mesh/textures are gone as well - since TTS only load those assets the first time I "unbox them".

In the end, it's probably safer to rebuild the savefile from scratch using the new fixed module as a base :(

I've actually dealt with this issue myself. You can copy the cached assets directly to your new SSD and it will work fine

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

That Italian Guy posted:

(since I only have 2 rotating savefiles - and one of them is now corrupt - and the autosave slot).

Can you make backup copies of the non-corrupt one ?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^ This is a good idea!

Kaza42 posted:

I've actually dealt with this issue myself. You can copy the cached assets directly to your new SSD and it will work fine
This too. I was able to attach my old ssd with a sata to usb cable and recover the content of my X:\Users\your_user\Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator folder, including my non corrupted save files (which are just .json files I think). I also figured out that there is a save file for Gloomhaven Helper in X:\Users\your_user\.ghh (the file itself is called state). So we're back on track!

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 10B

- None!

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (top)! LOOT1, gains 1 coin token(s) and the Sphere of Midnight!
- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves2 to D7. HEAL2, Self.
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Ancient Artillery 6! Moves3 to C6.
- Pikachu uses Disappearing Wounds (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to D6.
- Pikachu uses Concentrated Rage (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 6 for 2 (1base, x2mod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 6 is at 5 HP and is DISARMED!
Pikachu executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

35. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Clear the Way (bot)! Jumps5 to F8 through C6, C7, D8, E8. Disarms Traps in D8, E8, F8! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Rocky uses Crushing Grasp (top)! Attacks Ancient Artillery 6 for 0 (3base, NULLmod) damage!
Ancient Artillery 6 is at 5 HP and is DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED!

71. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 6 focuses Rocky! Rocky suffers 2 splash damage! Loses DISARMED and IMMOBILIZED tokens.
Rocky is at 10 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!
- Master Splinter has the Sphere of Midnight!
- Pikachu's deck is shuffled.
- Rocky's deck is shuffled.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Whelp, that had to happen sooner or later. We should still be able to bust it before it shoots again though. As per plan, I'm hitting it for 4 ASAP.

ETA : also, cheers, TIG ! Glad to hear your issues could be unfucked with minimum effort.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 23, 2019