Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

Usually - and nicely - single-round shield cards almost always have a low initiative count. For some characters, like the Cragheart, it's the only good initiative they get.

Sure, but even then (having been playing altogether too much of the early access PC roguelike version lately) I find myself very rarely using those cards for their shield component rather than their init one. Like, if you're taking more than one attack per round you're probably doing something wrong ; and if you do it's probably because there are a ton of archers around in which case get in their faces and hurt them, don't shield ! The only times shield is worthwhile is when it's incidental to something else, or semi-permanent like Sun <this space left blank> has (which is/are the other(s) who take advantage of shield/retal ? Three Spears <more misdirection> ?).
Actually that one Sun card is possibly the only one worth splurging for a +1 shield in the entire game, whether or not you play Sun as a paintank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

The only times shield is worthwhile is when it's incidental to something else, or semi-permanent like Sun <this space left blank> has (which is/are the other(s) who take advantage of shield/retal ? Three Spears <more misdirection> ?).
Actually that one Sun card is possibly the only one worth splurging for a +1 shield in the entire game, whether or not you play Sun as a paintank.
Here's the thing about Shield, and I'll keep this out of spoilers until it's not. Shield gets exponentially more valuable as you get more of it, up to a level-dependent cap which is frankly very hard to reach. Shield 2 is much better than Shield 1. Shield 3 is just crazy. Shield 4 lets you "nope" most enemy attacks in the game until very high level, and even a lot of them then. This is why Armor can be so good, and why items like the Heater Shield are all worthwhile.

(This is also why the Iron Helm is one of the best/most-efficient items in the game if you are depending on shields. It's an insurance policy against those crits/blesses. You are eliminating a lot of variance.)

Locked Class that should be obvious if you've unlocked it:
So for Sun, Defensive Stance really isn't fantastic when it's merely Shield 1. You want to enhance it with 100g to Shield 2, at which point it goes from "eh" to "wow, that's pretty crazy." The cards which give you more shield (because remember, shield and retaliate stack) become that much more valuable because they take you from Shield 2 (or 3-4 with items) to Shield 3+ (or 4-5 with items).

Also I highly recommend adding +1 Shield to the bottom of Righteous Advance, too. Outside those two cards, I agree it's not worth the price.

But yeah anyway this is a lot of words to agree with you that in a vacuum, just "Shield 1 me!" isn't very good unless you are stacking it or you are giving it to everyone when you expect a lot of attacks or you get it for free on top of another really nice action like a move or whatever.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How does that work with note's shield-1 anthem? Does the anthem always provide a shield 1 regardless of initiative, or does it reset each round and only start at the note's initiative?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Arcturas posted:

How does that work with note's shield-1 anthem? Does the anthem always provide a shield 1 regardless of initiative, or does it reset each round and only start at the note's initiative?

That sort of effect stays in play, so it first activates at the character's initiative on the turn they play it and then just keeps going until the card is no longer in play.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Temple of the Eclipse, Round 17A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Pikachu executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Relentless Ally
- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
- Rocky has the Crystal of Zenith!
- Master Splinter has the Sphere of Midnight!
Special Rule: If any character is adjacent to the altar at the end of their turn, they may discard the Crystal of Zenith or the Sphere of Midnight to cause the Colorless to suffer 2xC damage."

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand0, Discarded6, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Brain Leech.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."
Pikachu (Hand4, Discarded2, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Focused Aggression.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"FOCUSED AGGRESSION (31) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3, Range3.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK5 - Generate EARTH - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand2, Discarded4, Active0, Lost5) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Massive Boulder.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 17B

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (bot)! Attacks The Colorless (BOSS) for 5 (1base, +2mod +2bonus) damage! Gains STRENGTHENED.
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 17 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks The Colorless (BOSS) for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 15 HP.
Master Splinter discards The Mind's Weakness, then takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Scurry (loses 1 HP to reroll The Mind's Weakness).
Master Splinter is at 6 HP.
Master Splinter uses Minor Healing Potion! HEAL3, Self.
Master Splinter is at 9 HP.

Advantage from Strengthened and Disadvantage from attacking in melee with a Ranged Attack cancel each other our.

11. The Colorless (BOSS) posted:

- The Colorless (BOSS) focuses Master Splinter! Consumes LIGHT. No valid hex to summon a Sun Demon! HEAL5, Self. Gains SHIELD1.
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 20 HP.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses The Colorless (BOSS)!
Attacks The Colorless (BOSS) with ADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, +0/+0mod +3bonus, SHIELD1) damage! Loses STRENGTHENED token.
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 16 HP.
- Pikachu uses Focused Aggression (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack The Colorless (BOSS) for 8 (5base, +1mod +3bonus, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 2XP.
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 8 HP.

:gibs:

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top as a basic ATK2)! Rocky uses Minor Power Potion. Activates Eagle-eye Goggles. Attacks The Colorless (BOSS) with ADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/-2mod, +1bonus, SHIELD1) damage!
The Colorless (BOSS) is at 5 HP.

I'll pause here and give the players a chance to discuss their plans, since their declared intents are somewhat in conflict. Rocky's orders are to kill the boss if they are at 6 or less HP, but they would also like to loot the Treasure if possible. Splinter would also like to loot the box before the Scenario is over. At the moment there are a couple of possible outcomes that players would be able to discuss among themselves in non-asynchronous play, so I'll let them talk about this itt. If you want to play another Round, instead of killing the Boss right away, please send me Step A+B orders for it :)

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

"- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.
Special Rule: If any character is adjacent to the altar at the end of their turn, they may discard the Crystal of Zenith or the Sphere of Midnight to cause the Colorless to suffer 2xC damage."

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Defer to you, Splinter.

I can nuke the boss NOW and do a generic Move2 to get the treasure. Or I can go get a coin and YOU can nuke the boss next turn since you can always move faster than him.

A win is guaranteed at this point. Would I like the treasure? Of course. But whatever.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

FairGame posted:

Defer to you, Splinter.

I can nuke the boss NOW and do a generic Move2 to get the treasure. Or I can go get a coin and YOU can nuke the boss next turn since you can always move faster than him.

A win is guaranteed at this point. Would I like the treasure? Of course. But whatever.

Note that you have to be next to the altar at the end of your turn to use the Item!

Edit: also, if it wasn't clear, in case of a victory Rocky is retiring at the end of this Scenario :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Did Splinter bring the loot 2 card? Loot at ratspeed and nuke with the scenario item if yes.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Omobono posted:

Did Splinter bring the loot 2 card? Loot at ratspeed and nuke with the scenario item if yes.

They did but it was lost already.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I feel pretty comfortable that even if the boss heals again next round we'll be able to finish them off, so I'm down with letting splinter loot it. Splinter will want to go after the boss would use special 1 though, to make sure they don't free up a spot for summoning.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

As usual, forgot the "end of turn" part of the artifact nuking.

Yeah, let's go another turn so someone can get the chest.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Grmblgrmbl FINE, get your stupid chest, I ain't even care, it's stupid, you're stupid.

I wouldn't say no to one more turn for XP & cash purposes though :). In which case I'd do : Init 16, Brain Leech + Cranium Exposion, use brain leech on boss for 2XP, move to boss coin (or chest if Rocky hasn't taken it at the end of this turn). Alternatively, if Rocky wants to move this turn and get the coin I can do Init 5, Cranium Explosion + Into The Night, move to Rocky's current spot with Cranium bottom, LOOT1 with Into the night, then use the scenario item ; giving one last coin for Ash.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 6, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kobal2 posted:

Grmblgrmbl FINE, get your stupid chest, I ain't even care, it's stupid, you're stupid.

I wouldn't say no to one more turn for XP & cash purposes though :). In which case I'd do : Init 16, Brain Leech + Cranium Exposion, use brain leech on boss for 2XP, move to boss coin (or chest if Rocky hasn't taken it at the end of this turn). Alternatively, if Rocky wants to move this turn and get the coin I can do Init 5, Cranium Explosion + Into The Night, move to Rocky's current spot with Cranium bottom, LOOT1 with Into the night, then use the scenario item ; giving one last coin for Ash.

I think that second plan is good.

I move2 to the coin. New turn starts.

Splinter moves at init5 with cranium explosion and into the night, moves to my current spot, loots the chest with loot1, nukes the boss with an artifact. Pikachu gets a coin.

In this plan I’m just gonna long rest next turn because it doesn’t matter.

Good for everyone? If so, I move to d3 and orders next turn are long rest.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
After a quick check, Ash doesn't seem to have the move 3 necessary to loot the boss coin (and already chugged so can't get Maul back), so you might as well short rest and get that one too.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I don’t even need to short rest. I’ve got cards left. Two of them. So my play next turn is those two cards with the slower initiative.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Focused Aggression was lost, so I don't have two cards in the discard to be able to short rest. I'm gonna go fairly quick in the round and try and kill the boss. Since I lost Relentless Ally I can't make it to the chest, so Splinter will need to grab it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 17A

- Rocky has moved 2 to D3 and looted 1 coin token.
- Scenario Special Rule: all elements are now inert, LIGHT and DARK are now strong.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Into the Night.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"
Pikachu (Hand4, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 23 with Disappearing Wounds and Forceful Swipe.

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

code:
"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"

"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"
Rocky (Hand2, Discarded4, Active0, Lost5) is acting at initiative 82 with Dirt Tornado and Earthen Clod.

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

code:
"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

Temple of the Eclipse, Round 17B

05. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Kobal2) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves1 to B2.
- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (top)! LOOT1, Loots Treasure Chest 68! Loses STRENGTHENED token.

Master Splinter activates the Sphere of Midnight! The Colorless (BOSS) suffers 6 damage.
The Colorless (BOSS) is killed!

What are those mysterious runes on the side of the Reward card? Well, Gloomhaven comes with some kind of cipher...I wonder if this will become relevant in the future.

23. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Reik) posted:

- Pikachu discards Disappearing Wounds! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Pikachu uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 1 to A3. Gains 1XP.

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (FairGame) posted:

- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves2 to B3.
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! No action taken!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

With all your strength, you drive your weapon deep into the Savvas’s chest, shattering its cores. Suddenly, the unnatural light and darkness is pulled towards the wound, gathering inside it before bursting out in a huge blast. The empty body of the Savvas drops dead to the floor. The twilight around you returns to normal as you gather your loot and leave the temple. One last time, you stare up at the ceiling and marvel at the impossibility of this place.
Guest design by: Marcel Cwertetschka.

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None!
Scenario Rewards
+10XP each!
Victory Rewards
+8XP each!
That's a lot of XP!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 81.
- Master Splinter: Sadist* Kill five or more monsters during the scenario. Kobal2 has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Rocky: Elitist Kill only elite monsters. FairGame has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Pikachu: Contagious While afflicted by a negative condition, apply any negative condition to a monster. Reik has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
Tough Scenario, and tough BGs to boot this time.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 16 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=2 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +28XP. (New Total 199XP) and +9 gold (New Total 32 gold).
- Rocky:+25XP. (New Total 197XP) and +9 gold (New Total 22 gold).
- Pikachu:+27XP. (New Total 139XP) and +9 gold (New Total 18 gold).

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: still none!
- Rocky: COMPLETED!
- Pikachu: still none!
Updated Sheets

Having completed his Personal Quest, Rocky is announcing his retirement as soon as we step back into Gloomhaven. This event has several consequences:
:eng101: We unlock the character at the bottom of the completed Personal Quest, Angry Face (aka Spiky Head).

Angry Face posted:

NOTE: I'm adding spoiler tags here (and these details will be spoiled in the OP) cause it's the first time we encounter this class and I don't want someone to accidentally spoil themselves without realizing it. From now on, though, this class can be freely discussed ITT and future post will not spoil content related to it.

The Orchid Doomstalker

The Doomstalker is a ranged damage dealer; he does have multi-target options, but he excels at hitting single targets very hard at very long range. His signature mechanic is a variety of debuffs called 'Dooms' that you apply to any enemy target on the board, regardless of LOS or Range; you can only have one Doom active at any given time. With a 12-card hand, Doomstalker can use a number of loss cards, and he has some very powerful ones to choose from, including a Level 2 that grants what amounts to permanent Advantage.

:eng101: Before retiring the character we can perform other Town actions. This usually consists in selling everything the character owns. The money may then be used to enhance some of its class cards (for future Characters of the same class) and to donate money to the Sanctuary.
:eng101: Once the character retires, the City gains 1 Prosperity.

:eng101: The PQ that has been completed is removed from the game.
:eng101: Each new character in what was in Rocky 's "character slot" starts with 1 additional Perk already unlocked. (This is normally tied to players, but we're going to keep track of "slots" instead for the sake of the LP).
:eng101: We add several City and Road events to the relevant piles (based on the retired and unlocked character). In the case of the Cragheart, we add City and Road Event #46. In the case of Angry Face we add City and Road Event #38, We also shuffle both piles.
:eng101: If we chose to create a new Character that was in a sealed box, we will also add extra events to the City and Road events.
:eng101: In any case, the new character will start at a Level equal to the current Town Prosperity (3, at the moment).

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 24 posted:

This will affect the new party member, unless the thread wants to complete this event before retiring Rocky!

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 81!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) The new Party Member! We can select the newly unlocked one or any of the other starting characters. We could also pick a new Brute or Cragheart, if we want to. Don't forget to vote for a name (or names in the case of Two Minis!). We will discuss card selection for the character after we've decided which one to play.
4) Rocky's legacy: we will sell its equipment and Donate + enhance 1+ Cragheart cards. Rocky's wealth after selling its equipment is 82golds.
5) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

A big thank you to our players, Kobal2, FairGame and Reik! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to Some Numbers, SalTheBard, Elephant Ambush to let them know they're up next.)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 7, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. Rocky because :rip:
2. A bear has to be a great guard, right?
3. A Spellweaver sounds cool, we already got two heavy single target melee damage dealers. We need AoE to replace Rocky
4. :shrug:
5. Splinter donates

Slaan fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 7, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That was a lot of fun. Thanks for doing this. And thanks to my two party members for dragging my dumb rear end to victory and retirement.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Mvp for Rocky for basically chopping the Colorless off at the knees through pillar domination.

Angry Face is a really good class once you get a few levels in. It starts without enough top attacks, but that resolves itself soon enough!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
1. MVP Rocky
2. City Event B
3. New party member: Angry Face
4. 144g seems high, are you selling items at half value?
5. Splinter and Pikachu donate.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
That was great fun ! Keep me on the rotation, I'll be happy to play again. And thanks to TIG, Reik and FairGame for having the patience to deal with my bullshit :)

Votes :
1) Rocky's pillars. We literally couldn't have done it without him. Although I'd be remiss for not also giving a shoutout to Reik for his helpful hints and showing me a way to play Two-Minis that isn't "pop Conc. Rage turn one, treat the Vermling mini as an obstacle in the starting area" :)
2) A. These are not logging claws. These hands were made for stabbing, and that's just what they'll do.
3) Going to go against the (presumable) grain and suggest we get ourselves a Spellweaver - Splinter and Ash can poo poo out single target damage like no tomorrow but with Rocky gone our AoE game is going to drop down to nothing - and Angry Face is more single target hate.
4) I'd strongly suggest tacking on another status effect to Dirt Tornado - Wound, Poison or best yet Curse. This would leave 50g over for +1 damage on, say, Massive Boulder
5) Splinter donates, Ash saves up. I'll again suggest selling Splinter's axe in favour of a Long Spear for 20g total. Also sell that useless Ring because we will never ever see both sun & dark up and Splinter does not need massive healing - covering the cost of the weapon switch with 5g left over.

ETA : BTW those runes spell out "Greeting from Marcel Cwertetschka"

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 7, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

4) I'd strongly suggest tacking on another status effect to Dirt Tornado - Wound, Poison or best yet Curse. This would leave 50g over for +1 damage on, say, Massive Boulder
These would cost 150 gold, so Rocky doesn't have enough.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

These would cost 150 gold, so Rocky doesn't have enough.

Curse is only 75, not 100 ? Or did that change in second printing ?
That being said I think Reik is right and TIG oversold - which still leaves Rocky with enough cash to add Curse (but not donate)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

Curse is only 75, not 100 ? Or did that change in second printing ?
That being said I think Reik is right and TIG oversold - which still leaves Rocky with enough cash to add Curse (but not donate)
Anything that can affect more than a single target (except the added hexes on AoEs) costs double.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^That is correct!

Reik posted:

4. 144g seems high, are you selling items at half value?

Was in a rush (and I am now on mobile), but the correct total should be 82g :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 7, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Spellweaver.
No particular preference on other choices.
Well played to our current handlers, the boss got destroyed without too much pain. I still say it feels a badly designed scenario.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Tinker. Lets get some :science: up in this gloom

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
MVP: Rocky. Nuff said.
Event: Guard duty, before Rocky retires.
New character: Angry Face, I want to try something different.
Rocky's Legacy: Put Bless on the appropriate spot of Nature's Lift.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

Anything that can affect more than a single target (except the added hexes on AoEs) costs double.

D'oh. I knew that, of course I knew that.
In that case just donate and do the +1 to Massive Boulder thing. If we're OK with not donating then +1 push on Heaving Swing as well is p.good.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Absolutely Angry Face. The Beast Tyrant is the best melee dps in the game. Let's get the best ranged dps in the game too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Absolutely Angry Face. The Beast Tyrant is the best melee dps in the game. Let's get the best ranged dps in the game too.

I'm seriously tempted to go a completely different way with Angry Face.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

I'm seriously tempted to go a completely different way with Angry Face.

Do it!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would prefer Angry Face

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
How about Wound on Massive Boulder? +1 is good but Wound is better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I'm next to play the Beast Tyrant but I noticed in the card spreadsheet that there is no level 3 card. Am I missing something? Which card did we pick?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vicious Ally is the level 3 card.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Vicious Ally is the level 3 card.

Thanks. When I play along with this thread I mimic my character state with my IRL cards because I'm an idiot.

I'm looking forward to this :byobear:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I'm next to play the Beast Tyrant but I noticed in the card spreadsheet that there is no level 3 card. Am I missing something? Which card did we pick?

My bad, Vicious Ally was marked as a lvlX instead of lvl3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
4. Jump on the bottom of Explosive Punch