Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Reik posted:

4. Jump on the bottom of Explosive Punch

I agree with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That seems reasonable.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

How about Wound on Massive Boulder? +1 is good but Wound is better.

That works too, yeah

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
Wound on Massive Boulder is awesome but I think the jump is more generally useful.

Oh and we could use 30 to add +1 move to something.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 7, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
City event Option A

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wound on Massive Boulder is awesome but I think the jump is more generally useful.

Oh and we could use 30 to add +1 move to something.
That's true. Add jump or +1 attack to something, then +1 move on something else.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Since explosive punch is level 2 it's gonna take 75g to add jump to it. It's still the best move card on Rocky until Meteor.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

That's true. Add jump or +1 attack to something, then +1 move on something else.

Oh wait. Jump on Explosive Punch is 75. :doh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I like Jump on Massive Boulder or +1 move on a couple of Move 3s or maybe +1 Push on Heaving Swing.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I agree with having the new character be a Spellweaver.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management XI, Update 1
SPOILER NOTE: Angry Face can now be freely discussed itt, so proceed at your own risk!

Money Matters posted:

- Splinter is donating 10g to the Sanctuary
- There were some vote in favor and against Pikachu doing the same, so we'll vote again on it!
- Should Splinter sell the Helix Ring for 25g? We'll vote on it!

MVP and Retirement posted:

Rocky is the MVP for Scenario 81!
And having bested 4 Bosses, our Cragheart has had enough adventures and it's ready to retire. Before doing so, it'll sell all its wordly possessions (that are now available again in the Market Pool), donates 10g and uses the rest of the money to add Jump to the bottom of Explosive Punch.
Any future Cragheart will start with this enhancement already unlocked.

Our Cragheart retires and (with a narrow victory), our new hero is a Spellweaver!

Spellweaver info posted:

Our still unnamed Spellweaver starts at Level 3 instead of 1, matching Gloomhaven's prosperity. She has 8HP and a Hand Size of 8, the smallest among the starting characters; if the Brute is the Fighter and the Scoundrel is the Rogue, the Spellweaver is the Wizard in your standard D&D group. A lot of her cards are LOSS cards, but she has a trick up her sleeve in Reviving Ether, a card that can be removed from the game for the rest of the Scenario in order to restore all the LOST cards. Having a good understandment of Hand management and Rest mechanics is important for a Spellweaver!

These are the cards available at the start to our Spellweaver:

Spellweaver creation posted:

Before welcoming our new Spellweaver to the party, we have to do some things.
- It's time to pick a name for her!
- As a newly created character, she receives an amount of gold equal to 15x(L+1), where L is his starting level. Pikachu start with 60g (and 95 XP). Spend them wisely!

- She has 2 Perks for her level and 1 additional Perk because she joined the team as part of Rocky's "Lineage". We have to pick 3 Perks for our new Spellweaver!
- We have to pick a Personal Quest for our new spell slinger! Choose one among these two:

- These are the additional cards available after leveling up to 3. We can either pick two Level 2 cards, or a one Level 2 and one Level 3 one:

Now that we (almost) have a new party member, it's time for some Guard Duty!

City Event 24, resolution posted:

Effect: +10XP each.
With 209 and 149 XP respectively, Master Splinter and Pikachu are 1 XP away from their next Level :v:

A lot to vote on this update already, so I'll split this up in 3 parts instead of two (please remember to Bold your choices):
1) Our new Spellweaver's NAME!
2) Our new Spellweaver's PERSONAL QUEST!
3) Our new Spellweaver's 2 NEW CARDS and 3 PERKS! The list can be found above.
4) Our new Spellweaver's EQUIPMENT! The current Market pool is available HERE.
5) Should we Donate with Pikachu Y/N?
6) Should we Sell the Helix Ring Y/N?
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 9, 2019

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I have a question about Crackling Air, by the way. Does it mean you need to use up an element everytime you trigger that card, or is it when you play that card only?

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
1) Keeping with the cartoon theme, and because she makes things go BOOM, she can only be named Lina Inverse
2) Tough choice. Option B means two characters will be with us at least until we find a swamp (and Ash needs gold which is not the bear's forte either...) - although the good news is, they all work well together. Option A is a problem because the Spellweaver doesn't really get to kill things, most often she softens them up. Voting Helping hand because this, also because Music Note is busted as hell.
3) Icy Blast is like Dirt Tornado but better. Cold Fire is a great followup to use the ice. Perkwise, Replace -1 with +1x2, add +2/Ice (the spellweaver really likes her elemental cards, I feel like thinning the deck is less important than adding all the elements all the time. Ice is stuns for both her and the rat)
4) Minor stam pot, Minor Mana pot, Piercing Bow
5) Nah, Ash should save up for those stickers
6) Yes, sell that dumb thing

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 8, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Eeepies posted:

I have a question about Crackling Air, by the way. Does it mean you need to use up an element everytime you trigger that card, or is it when you play that card only?

When you play the card, you can consume AIR, then each of the four next attacks gain +2 attack instead of +1 attack.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Eeepies posted:

When you setup the buff, I believe. The FAQ mentions needing to put a token on the card if you did use up Air, which wouldn't make sense if it was a per-round thing. It's pretty good, but Spelly doesn't generate a ton of air by herself.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kobal2 posted:

1) Keeping with the cartoon theme, and because she makes things go BOOM, she can only be named Lina Inverse

1) She's still in training though. Megumin
Yes, I know Spellweaver has other spells and thus the name is a poor fit.

2) Second Banana personal quest

3) Flashing Burst and Cold Fire. I don't see the double loss on Icy Blast as worth it, and Reviving Ether is only once per scenario. Also, ugh, couldn't they give her some better fire or ice generation on her baseline cards?
Perks: replace -1 into +1 (x2) and +2/fire

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
1) Our new Spellweaver's NAME!

Misty! Although I also love Megumin. No Spellweaver is cool enough to be Lina Inverse :colbert:. But I like that someone thought of her :)

2) Our new Spellweaver's PERSONAL QUEST!

A Helping Hand

3) Our new Spellweaver's 2 NEW CARDS and 3 PERKS! The list can be found above.

Flashing Burst and Cold Fire

Remove 4 +0s
Replace a -1 with a +1
Replace a -1 with a +1

4) Our new Spellweaver's EQUIPMENT! The current Market pool is available HERE.

Cloak of Invisibility
Minor Stamina Potion
Piercing Bow

5) Should we Donate with Ash Y/N?

N

6) Should we Sell the Helix Ring Y/N?

Y

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 8, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Kobal2 posted:

2) Tough choice. Option B means two characters will be with us at least until we find a swamp (and Ash needs gold which is not the bear's forte either...) - although the good news is, they all work well together. Option A is a problem because the Spellweaver doesn't really get to kill things, most often she softens them up. Voting Helping hand because this, also because Music Note is busted as hell.
3) Icy Blast is like Dirt Tornado but better. Cold Fire is a great followup to use the ice. Perkwise, Replace -1 with +1x2, add +2/Ice (the spellweaver really likes her elemental cards, I feel like thinning the deck is less important than adding all the elements all the time. Ice is stuns for both her and the rat)
4) Minor stam pot, Minor Mana pot, Piercing Bow
5) Nah, Ash should save up for those stickers
6) Yes, sell that dumb thing

I agree with all these choices

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Spellweaver name: I'm going to echo Megumin, because that's hilarious.
PQ: Helping Hand
New cards: Flashing Burst and Cold Fire, literally zero question. Icy Blast and Elemental Aid are not good.
New perks: I'm going to go a different way. Remove 4 +0s, add one +2 Ice (twice). This will allow us to get full value from Cold Fire without needing help from Splinter.
Items: Mana Potion, Stamina Potion and Eagle-Eye Goggles.

5) Nah
6) Yes

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Whomever I'm dungeoning with next, do you guys mind if I take the Spellweaver? I've played Mindthief and Beast Tyrant a lot and I've played alongside a Spellweaver, but never in the driver's seat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

Whomever I'm dungeoning with next, do you guys mind if I take the Spellweaver? I've played Mindthief and Beast Tyrant a lot and I've played alongside a Spellweaver, but never in the driver's seat.

Not at all.

On the topic of Icy Blast, it's actually really good. In this group you burn it early to soften a room and reduce incoming damage through mass muddle, and also give Splinter ice for Frigid Apparition or it can power up Cold Fire.

I voted for Flashing Burst because I felt like mobility and faster overall initiative would be better for this group.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm really down on double loss cards in general and honestly, one of the key things about the Spellweaver is that while Reviving Ether is amazing, you really want to use it as late as possible. A non-loss Attack 3 that gives you an element or a non-loss Move 4 is a great way to extend the Spellweaver's longevity.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers posted:

I'm really down on double loss cards in general and honestly, one of the key things about the Spellweaver is that while Reviving Ether is amazing, you really want to use it as late as possible. A non-loss Attack 3 that gives you an element or a non-loss Move 4 is a great way to extend the Spellweaver's longevity.

Agreed on the move 4, but Sun is of questionable utility until very late level ; and :blastu: we've hired this particular spellweaver to make entire rooms explode, not do single target damage. I want earth-shattering kabooms. Flashing Burst is not an earth-shattering kaboom.

ETA : on the topic of Reviving Ether, I have a different take on it (based on the vidya game) : I like to use the BIG moneymakers early and often, and use Reviving liberally. This because the other players follow the opposite tack of typically being very stingy with their loss cards. IOW the Spellweaver doing power moves early then kind of petering out mid/late dungeon complements the others doing penny-ante moves until mid/late for a more constant stream of raw ultimate power.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 8, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Attack 2s don't tend to make rooms explode either.

Light is not of immediate use, but Mana Bolt needs something to power it up and Flashing Burst's Light is something that no one else is going to use.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

That's why you use Icy Blast right off the bat unless the first room enemies are spread out, in which case you do it 2nd turn after they clump up more. Then you get it back before the last room and do it again. The mass muddle really helps in terms of reducing incoming damage. The bottom is awful though and if you're using it then your group hosed up somehow.

Flashing Burst is definitely the safer pick. We don't need light right now but other Spellweaver tops can use it for +1 attack.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Name: Someone who manipulates the elements and who will save our party (from not having AOE damage)? How about Korra?

Personal Quest: Definitely a Helping Hand.

Cards: Icy Blast and Cold Fire. Re: Icy Blast - we are hiring our Spellweaver for AOE and we have other single target attacks available (both individually and across the team). Reviving Ether also means we can be a bit more profligate with loss cards. Finally, the top generates Ice (which is why my perk below adds Fire and not Ice).

Perks:

1. Remove four +0s

2. Add one +2 Fire

3. Replace -1 with a +1.

Equipment: Piercing Bow and Minor Mana Potion. Let's save the rest for an eventual Eagle Eye Goggles. Also I think the Market Pool image (not the spreadsheet) is out-of-date since it doesn't have all the applicable items (like Piercing Bow).

Ash: Donate.

P.S. a few grammer issues on the post where the gender/name is leftover from Pikachu

quote:

- As a newly created character, she receives an amount of gold equal to 15x(L+1), where L is his starting level. Pikachu starts with 60g (and 95 XP). Spend them wisely!

- She has 2 Perks for her level and 1 additional Perk because he joined the team as part of Rocky's "Lineage". We have to pick 3 Perks for our new Spellweaver!

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 8, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

TravelLog posted:

Equipment: Piercing Bow and Minor Mana Potion. Let's save the rest for an eventual Eagle Eye Goggles. Also I think the Market Pool image (not the spreadsheet) is out-of-date since it doesn't have all the applicable items (like Piercing Bow).

Yeah I was thinking I may move all the market updates to the Spreadsheet, maybe expanding on it a bit, cause the cards/image method is a bit fiddly to keep updated , especially moving forward. I may just take a static screenshot for each prosperity level and dynamic screenshots for rewards/random schematics/ other non standard items.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 8, 2019

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Some Numbers posted:

Attack 2s don't tend to make rooms explode either.

It's the size, not the way you use it :p

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wrong thread

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XI, Update 2

Spellweaver choices posted:

- We are tied for the NAME between Lina Inverse and Megumin
- Our new PERSONAL QUEST is Helping Hand.
- Our new CARD is Cold Fire for sure. Then we are tied between Icy Blast and Flashing Burst.
- Our new PERKS are Replace a -1 with a +1 taken twice and add +2/Ice.
- The ITEMS we're going to buy are a Minor Stamina Potion (-10g), a Minor Mana Potion (-10g) and a Piercing Bow (-30g). Also, Remember that we have an unassigned Curious Gear in the stash, in case we wanted to assign it to our Spellweaver.

Money Matters posted:

- Pikachu (not Ash, my bad) does not donate!
- Master Splinter sells the Helix Ring for 25g!
Updated Sheets

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to take advantage of a nice webapp called Gloomhaven Scenario Tree that allows us to keep track of everything we've completed, unlocked, lost access to or currently unable to visit. If you want to import the current progress into your webapp, just copy/paste the content of Cell F2 from the "Player List" sheet.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We've found the location of the Clockwork Cove (66) in a treasure chest in Scenario 1. As the name implies, we would face constructs, traps and puzzles. This is a Side Scenario. This is what we can expect from the Scenario:

- Now that we have bested the Mountain Pass, we may want to investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before venturing forth.

- Otherwise, we could ignore the voice and attempt to tackle the Icecrag Ascent (25).

- Exploring the previous Crypt, we've found another location where the Cult may take shelter. If we are brave enough, we can venture into the Ruinous Crypt (5), where we'll face more Cultists, more Skellingtons and a cured selection of elemental Demons!

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content.

Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 38 posted:

What will it be?

PLEASE VOTE FOR (and remember to please bold your choices):
1) Our new Spellweaver's NAME between Lina Inverse (A) and Megumin (B).
2) Our new CARD between Icy Blast (A) and Flashing Burst (B).
3) Road Event, option A or B.
4) Our new destination.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 9, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
PLEASE VOTE FOR (and remember to please bold your choices):
1) Lina Inverse
2) Icy Blast
3) B
4) Clockwork Cove

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
1) Lina Inverse.
2) Icy Blast. We've been over this. Big booms.
3) A. Greed is good.
4) Clockwork Cove.

Speaking of, that Curious Gear is neat especially now that we don't have Rocky to clear traps but Spelly doesn't really have the room for it. Maybe Splinter can ditch the health potion and equip it on non-boss scenarios ? Between all the invis and the move/heal and not getting hit much it's a bit redundant. Or just wait until he's got more pocketses.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

1) Lina Inverse
2) Flashing Burst
3) A, never pick the boring option
4) Clockwork Cove

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
1) Megumin
2) Flashing Burst
3) A
4) Clockwork Cove

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

1. Megumin
2. IDC
3. A
4. CLOCKWORK COVE

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Funny enough, I have never heard of Lina Inverse, but I went and randomly rolled one of her in a Puzzle & Dragons collab machine today, and I got her, so that's my vote.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Never heard of Megumin before

1) Lina Inverse
2) Flashing Burst
3) A
4) Clockwork Cove

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
1)Megumin
2)Flashing Burst
3)A
4)Clockwork Cove

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
2) Icy Blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
1) Megumin

2) Flashing Burst Spellweaver needs non-loss elemental generation to enable either of their non-loss attacks. With Splinter in the party, there should be Ice available each rest to enable Cold Fire.
3) A This seems like an "option A picks a fight and has a gain and loss that offset each other while option B has no effect" road event, and with two party members 1 xp away from leveling, I think looking for a fight isn't a bad idea. This is road event 38 which means it got added to the deck, do we know how it was added?
4) Ruinous Crypt or Icecrag Ascent, but it looks like Clockwork Cove is gonna win.

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 9, 2019