Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Lina Inverse is the main character from Slayers, a fantasy comedy anime from the 90s. She's the most powerful sorceress in the world and has a hair trigger temper. She will level an entire town with her Dragon Slave nuke spell to blow up a single bad guy. The silver lining is that nobody really dies, they just have that burned smoky thing going on afterwards like in Looney Tunes. She's not a good person but she's funny and usually blows up the right bad guys, she's just oblivious to collateral damage.

Megumin is the mage from an amime that has a really long title but is shortened to Konosuba. It's a parody of the isekai genre. Megumin is the party mage. She really likes explosions. So much so that Explosion is the only spell she knows and she puts all her xp and level up points into making that one spell as strong as possible. This means that she can only cast the spell once per day and it completely drains and immobilizes her. But it's a pretty big explosion. Her big character flaw is that she's Jr. High aged and suffers from what the Japanese call "chuunibyou" which means that she writes headcanon super hero fan fiction about herself and is generally embarrassing. Megumin is her super hero nickname for herself and is really awful and childishly cringe-worthy.

So both characters are powerful mages with appropriately Gloomhaven-y personally traits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Reik posted:

This is road event 38 which means it got added to the deck, do we know how it was added?

I think it's one of the events added by unlocking the Doomstalker, with about a 5% chance of that happening :v:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hey TIG I've never played Spellweaver (and am honestly a bit nervous about it). I'm going to be doing some research into the class today before I get my card choice etc to you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
1) Megumin
2) Flashing Burst
3) B, let's keep going
4) Seems like we're going to the Clockwork Cove, but Ruinous Crypt

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Hey TIG I've never played Spellweaver (and am honestly a bit nervous about it). I'm going to be doing some research into the class today before I get my card choice etc to you.

I said I would love to play the Spellweaver if someone wants to trade for the Mindthief.

In fact, if Megumin wins the vote, I'm prepared to RP the gently caress out of the next dungeon.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 9, 2019

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
1) Lina Inverse
2) Flashing Burst
3) Road Event Option A
4) Decaying Crypt

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

I said I would love to play the Spellweaver if someone wants to trade for the Mindthief.

I did play Mindthief last time I played and I don't mind learning a new class, but if you want to play Spellweaver that's fine

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Good lord, we're still tied?!

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I can see only one ethical solution to this predicament : ballot stuffing. Brb, making a dozen accounts.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Obviously the only solution is to name her Lina Megumin Inverse.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Reik posted:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Reik posted:

I find this to be an acceptably compromise.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management XI, Update 3 and Scenario 66 Preamble.
NOTE: I'm not 100% sure if this is acceptable for everyone, so let's recap before proceeding :) Some Numbers would like to play the Spellweaver; SalTheBard would rather NOT play the Mindthief. Elephant Ambush, would it be ok for you to play our stabby rat and let SalTheBard play the beastly rat instead?

Spellweaver's final choices posted:

- Our new Spellweaver is Lina Megumin Inverse (of the Gloomhaven Megumin Inverse, I suppose)!
- Her level 2 Card is Flashing Burst.
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 38, resolution posted:

Effect: +1 Prosperity.
Good thing we had our Beast Tyrant, since we have unlocked the Doomstalker and then left him at home :) (this Event is one of the two added to the deck by unlocking that Class).

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 66 - Clockwork Cove

Scenario 66 - Clockwork Cove - Location posted:

Good news everyone! I manage to fix the worldmap, so regular stickers are back! The Map is taunting us with all those un-unlocked Scenarios...

We found the location of this place inside a Treasure Chest in our very first Scenario!

Scenario 66 - Clockwork Cove - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 66 before starting it:
Links to: Gloomhaven (somehow).
Requirements: None
Goal: Occupy pressure plate (E)
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Oh boy, Oozes! Yay! Also, this place is huuuuge. Also also, some of the vector paint I used in the previous scenario bugged out and it's now permanently impressed as a weird white line on the tabletop!

Scenario 66 - Clockwork Cove - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Oozes:

Ancient Artilleries:

Living Spirits:

Stone Golems:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
The good news is that we know everything about every creature in the Scenario.

Scenario 66 - Clockwork Cove - Introduction posted:

The writings you discovered claim there is some sort of ancient machinery to be found along the coast north of Gloomhaven. Indications show that the place used to manufacture something in an era long past. Who knows what valuable technology there is to find buried in the ruins? You charter a small ship and head out. Sailing along the coast, you eventually find the small inlet indicated on the map. Dropping anchor, you head to the rocky shore where you see an opening in the cliff face. Not knowing what to expect, you step inside.
Scenario Special Rules
- Door (1) is locked and opens when any character occupies pressure plate (A) at the end of their turn.

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
Elephant Ambush, Some Numbers and SalTheBard, please let me know if you are ok with the character assignment on top and I'll send out PMs with a request for your hand and BG selection :)

EDIT: I have updated the Market Pool tab to include all the relevant info for the items (and a link to the Reddit Gloomhaven Wiki for each single item); I'll keep adding pics whenever we unlock a new prosperity level or a new item, but this should help with the admin time.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 15, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

That Italian Guy posted:

City Management XI, Update 3 and Scenario 66 Preamble.
NOTE: I'm not 100% sure if this is acceptable for everyone, so let's recap before proceeding :) Some Numbers would like to play the Spellweaver; SalTheBard would rather NOT play the Mindthief. Elephant Ambush, would it be ok for you to play our stabby rat and let SalTheBard play the beastly rat instead?

I'm fine playing stabby rat

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Holy hell that is a big boy dungeon.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
You're welcome for the prosperity :smugdog:

Everyone please bring all your furthest movement cards. We can't durdle around with move 2s. I'm bringing my teleport because it's guaranteed to be useful here.

We also have a ton of shields to deal with so prepare for that. Poison, wound, pierce, etc.

Oh and I love the compromise Spellweaver name!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sure is a good thing we got Megumin an extra Move 4!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Friendly reminder that Ash cannot occupy a pressure plate, as the pressure plates are described on page 34 as:

"Pressure plates: Pressure plates function similarly to corridors, in that they have no effect on a figure’s movement. Instead, if a pressure plate is occupied by a character at the end of a turn, it may trigger a special effect specified in the scenario book, such as opening a door or spawning a monster."

and Ash is a summon, not a character.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Are you telling me Our Good CHONKY Bear isn't a real character? You take that back! :(

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

#BearsAreCharactersToo

PMs are out! Apologies for the short notice, I was busy today after the update window and I couldn't get them going before now. Feel free to ask for an extension! :)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Reik posted:

Friendly reminder that Ash cannot occupy a pressure plate, as the pressure plates are described on page 34 as:

"Pressure plates: Pressure plates function similarly to corridors, in that they have no effect on a figure’s movement. Instead, if a pressure plate is occupied by a character at the end of a turn, it may trigger a special effect specified in the scenario book, such as opening a door or spawning a monster."

and Ash is a summon, not a character.

Wait, Ash is the bear ?!
I cannot tell these furry creatures apart.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kobal2 posted:

Wait, Ash is the bear ?!

Ash is the Bear, Pikachu is his pet Ratperson. Splinter is our glorious Elder commander Ratlady.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Kobal2 posted:

Wait, Ash is the bear ?!

Well, Pikachu is the diminutive Rat creature.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

That Italian Guy posted:

Well, Pikachu is the diminutive Rat creature.

I feel like designating the Vermling as the pet is yet more racism. I'll be watching *you*, thread.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So what is everyone doing first turn? I'm going to apply a persistent buff and honestly not much else. Maybe I could shield everyone if I go early?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My plan is to augment up and then start moving towards the ooze. Where is everyone starting?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm thinking about starting in B4 or C2, moving super slow and shooting the Ooze, then shooting it at least one more time super early next round.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for all the players to send over their cards, starting position, starting orders and BG selection :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

I'm thinking about starting in B4 or C2, moving super slow and shooting the Ooze, then shooting it at least one more time super early next round.

I wanted to start in B4 is that ok?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'd like Ash to start in C3 so I'll deploy wherever the rest of you don't. I will send hand selection this morning.

Still planning to go fast and shield everyone Ash.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 12, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, C2 is totally fine for me.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Orders in. Let's do this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orders in.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey SalTheBard, I have everything else, but it looks like you forgot to send me your orders for Round1 :) Update asap!

E vvvv it's actually my fault, you had sent the card selection and I have somehow missed it :v:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 12, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sent sorry! Fell asleep early tonight

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

This one links to Gloomhaven because you take a boat to it not a road, per the intro text.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^ That makes sense!

Clockwork Cove 1A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter's starting hand: no changes!
- Lina Megumin Inverse's starting hand: Reviving Ether, Fire Orbs, Mana Bolt, Impaling Eruption, Cold Fire, Aid from the Ether, Ride the Wind, Flashing Burst.
- Pikachu's starting hand: drop Focused Aggression, Venomous Ally and Forceful Swipe, add Spirit Swap, Howling Bolts and Disorientating Roar.

Battle Goals posted:

These are the BGs for this Scenario:
- Drowsy: "Declare a long rest while at your maximum hit point value." Rewards:✓
- Dynamo*: "Kill a monster during the scenario by causing at least 4 more points of damage to it than is necessary." Rewards:✓
- Hunter*: "Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario." Rewards:✓
- Reserved: "Have the fewest cards in your lost pile at the end of the scenario." Rewards:✓
- Protector*: "Allow none of your character allies to become exhausted during the scenario." Rewards:✓
- Fearful: Never end your turn adjacent to a monster. Rewards:✓

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
Let the Ooze-fun begin!

All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Pikachu (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Patch Fur and Concentrated Rage.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"PATCH FUR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect all summoned Allies.
BOT: COMMAND - HEAL4, Self - XP1"

"CONCENTRATED RAGE (51) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range4 - DISARM
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Top action of your turn to add +3ATK to all your Bear's attacks this round. OR Persistent Bonus: Before your Bear acts, you may choose to forgo the Bottom action of your turn to add +3MOVE to all your Bear's move this round. - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 82 with Gnawing Horde and The Mind's Weakness.

82. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 91 with Aid from the Ether and Flashing Burst.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"AID FROM THE ETHER (91) [LvlX]
TOP: HEAL3, Range3
BOT: Persistent Bonus: Summon Mystic Ally (HP2, MOVE2, ATK3, Range2) - XP2 - LOSS"

"FLASHING BURST (26) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Generate LIGHT
BOT: MOVE4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 12, 2019

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I'm a bit surprised our filthy rat thing player didn't change any cards - I'd picked Gnawing Horde for last scenario to maybe jam the boss with but in a vacuum Feedback Loop is a better card IMO. Similarly I'd ditched Frigid Apparition due to last scenario's special rules but it's a really good card, especially with a Spellweaver you can steal Ice from under (she won't mind, I promise. Besides it's a semi-coop game and if she wanted Ice so much she should have 5 init cards shouldn't she ?! :p)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kobal2 posted:

I'm a bit surprised our filthy rat thing player didn't change any cards - I'd picked Gnawing Horde for last scenario to maybe jam the boss with but in a vacuum Feedback Loop is a better card IMO. Similarly I'd ditched Frigid Apparition due to last scenario's special rules but it's a really good card, especially with a Spellweaver you can steal Ice from under (she won't mind, I promise. Besides it's a semi-coop game and if she wanted Ice so much she should have 5 init cards shouldn't she ?! :p)

I was tempted to swap them, but I also wanted some movement cards as well. Gnawing Horde is a Move 4, Frigid Apparition is a Move 4, but a loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Feedback loop is move 4 and jump though (you don't *have* to loop)