Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Kafila posted:

I'll try to keep 4 alive, but if the boss flies off before my move Ash might give it a bit of a beating before I can move him off!

I'm going to be, uh, making some suggestions on how the drake should spend its turn so if it dies then poof no double attack on Smaug.

Send your bear to like obedience school or something :-p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
No problem on my end keeping that drake alive, but how fast are you moving? If fast enough you could probably control the drake before the bear decides he needs a snack.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

No problem on my end keeping that drake alive, but how fast are you moving? If fast enough you could probably control the drake before the bear decides he needs a snack.

I'm going as fast as I can to get Ash to hopefully beat on the Elder Drake.
I'm almost certainly going to pop the invisibility cloak this turn to keep alive.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Scorched Summit, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Pikachu discards Vicious Ally to stay alive!

"Scenario Special Rules
The Elder Drake occupies all three hexes of the obstacle it is on. If a figure can target any one of these hexes, they can target the Elder Drake, and the Elder Drake can use any of its hexes to determine what it can target. The Elder Drake cannot be forced to move or change positions in any way. The huge boulder obstacles cannot be destroyed.

BOSS Special 2
The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, represented by numbered tokens, then flies to the next perch of boulders in the order of (a), (b), (c) and then back to (a). Zephyrs cannot be damaged in any way. They perform “MOVE2, ATK(3)” immediately before the Elder Drake’s turn every round."

ROUND REVEAL posted:

:v:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 9 with Hostile Takeover and Scurry.

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Howling Bolts.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"HOWLING BOLTS (47) [Lvl1]
TOP:  ATK1, Range4, Target3
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE5 - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 25 with Crackling Air and Flame Strike.
(Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0)

25. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"CRACKLING AIR (25) [LvlX]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: On your next four Attacks, add +1ATK - Consume AIR, add +2ATK instead. Gain XP1 on the 2nd and 4th trigger. - LOSS 
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: Consume FIRE, RETALIATE2, Self."

"FLAME STRIKE (36) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2 - Consume FIRE, WOUND
BOT: ATK2, Range2"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
oh wow that is A Good Turn to hypno-rat a rending drake!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I guess I'll hit Drake 4, then set up Crackling Air, so that next turn I can move 4 and hit the boss wherever he decides to go.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:black101:

This is rocket tag, the scenario, isn't it?

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
That could have gone worse! (It's going to be worse for my hand as I discard all my cards to damage!)

But at least I can get some damage on the Drake with the bear.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O gently caress I'm supposed to put in moves, sorry.

Whelp, looks like I'm mind-controlling a monitor lizard and then probably getting attacked 15 times and losing most of my hand.

DPS race woo!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I have an item we ain't unlocked yet that I'm god drat gagging for.

I mention recently that I suck at playing the Mindthief?

Also my orders assumed I still have the winged boots which I definitely do unless somehow someone else used them.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
I think I may have killed Ash this turn :(

I've now discovered my new least favourite Gloomhaven mission though!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Scorched Summit, Round 2B

"Scenario Special Rules
The Elder Drake occupies all three hexes of the obstacle it is on. If a figure can target any one of these hexes, they can target the Elder Drake, and the Elder Drake can use any of its hexes to determine what it can target. The Elder Drake cannot be forced to move or change positions in any way. The huge boulder obstacles cannot be destroyed.

BOSS Special 2
The Elder Drake summons two Zephyrs, represented by numbered tokens, then flies to the next perch of boulders in the order of (a), (b), (c) and then back to (a). Zephyrs cannot be damaged in any way. They perform “MOVE2, ATK(3)” immediately before the Elder Drake’s turn every round."

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Activates Winged Shoes. Jumps3 to N1.Attacks Spitting Drake 5 for 3 (1base, +2mod) damage!
Spitting Drake 5 is at 5 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot)! Round Bonus: Force Rending Drake 4 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies. Gains 2XP. LOSS card! Loses INVISIBILITY token.

13. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 6(E) focuses Pikachu! Attacks Pikachu for 6 (5base, +1mod) damage. Attacks Pikachu for 4 (5base, -1mod) damage.
Pikachu has to lose 2 cards to survive (due to WOUND).
- Rending Drake 4 focuses Elder Drake (BOSS)! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage. Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.

A bit unlucky with the modifiers...also yes, the Elder Drake is also immune to WOUND :v:

Ash the Bear suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Ash the Bear is at 7 HP.
Pikachu suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Pikachu is at 4 HP.
- Ash the Bear focuses Rending Drake 4! Attacks Rending Drake 4 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Loses MUDDLED and STRENGTHENED token.
Rending Drake 4 is at 5 HP.
- Pikachu uses Maul (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Elder Drake (BOSS) for 4 (4base, +0mod) damage!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 20 HP.
- Pikachu uses Howling Bolts (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 5 to G4.
Pikachu uses Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBLE.

14. Elder Drake (BOSS) posted:

- Zephyr 1 focuses Master Splinter! Moves2 to L1. Attacks Master Splinter for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
- Zephyr 2 focuses Master Splinter! Moves1 to M2. Attacks Master Splinter for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 4 HP.
- Elder Drake (BOSS) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Summons Zephyr 3 in hex P3. Summons Zephyr 4 in hex Q4. Flies to Massive Boulder (b)!

DPS Race!

25. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flame Strike (bot)! Attacks Rending Drake 4 for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Crackling Air (top)! Consumes AIR. Persistent Bonus: On your next four Attacks, add +2ATK. Gain XP1 on the 2nd and 4th trigger.

52. Spitting Drakes posted:

- Spitting Drake 3(E) focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 6 (5base, +1mod) damage.
Master Splinter is at 1HP and is MUDDLED.
- Spitting Drake 5 focuses Master Splinter! Flies1 to Q1 Attacks Master Splinter for 8 (4base, x2mod) damage.
Master Splinter has to lose 1 card not to die, is at 1HP and is MUDDLED.

DPS RACE!!!
Xiahou Dun, if you don't want to be at 1HP, you can choose to lose 2 cards and be at 7HP and MUDDLED instead. Please let me know!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters' deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now inert.
- LIGHT is now inert.

Xiahou Dun and Kafila, please remember to let me know which card(s) you want to lose to stay alive!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 2, 2020

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Good lord this is ridiculous

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Goddamn am I feeling depressed now doing almost nothing at all. On the plus side I think i can chunk the boss for 5 next turn, and I have enough cards to survive for at least 2-3 more turns to hopefully finish him off?

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Goddamn am I feeling depressed now doing almost nothing at all. On the plus side I think i can chunk the boss for 5 next turn, and I have enough cards to survive for at least 2-3 more turns to hopefully finish him off?

This is all going swimmingly! (Not)

I took a safer play with Ash, so hopefully that won't leave me in trouble this turn.
I think I have to do a stabilising turn to heal the wounds and kill the Elite Rending Drake.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Do you want me to move fast to take a few hits, or move super slowly so that I can try and outlast the boss?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Well, gently caress. That didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I really want to just keep hitting, but I might spend this turn kind of hiding and setting things up for later turns I'm afraid.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from one player :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Scorched Summit, Round 3A

- Pikachu loses Energizing Strike and Disorienting Roar to prevent damage.
- Master Splinter loses Perverse Edge to prevent damage.
"Scenario Special Rules

BOSS Special 2

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded1, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and The Mind's Weakness.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Pikachu (Hand5, Discarded2, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 20 with Patch Fur and Disappearing Wounds.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

code:
"PATCH FUR (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect all summoned Allies.
BOT: COMMAND - HEAL4, Self - XP1"

"DISAPPEARING WOUNDS (23) [Lvl1]
TOP:  HEAL4, Self.
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2 - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Forked Beam and Reviving Ether.
(Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0)

20. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Eeepies) posted:

code:
"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"

"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm heading to I3, zapping the boss and hopefully killing Rending Drake 4 as well. If the elite isn't dead should I'll shoot the elite instead though?

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 3, 2020

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We just can’t catch a break. Ugh.

I’m playing with my IRL group where I’m way higher level and making pizza. :(

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I slide the Elder Drake my resume and ask if it has any openings.

Probably just going invis and setting up bigger attacks later. Maybe a little self-care like a margarita.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Scorched Summit, Round 3B

"Scenario Special Rules

BOSS Special 2

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Into the Night (bot)! Gains INVISIBLE.
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Gains 1XP.
Master Splinter uses Minor Healing Potion, HEAL3, Self!
Master Splinter is at 4 HP and is INVISIBLE.

20. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kafila) posted:

Ash the Bear suffers 1 WOUND damage!
Ash the Bear is at 6 HP.
Pikachu is at 3 HP.
- Ash the Bear focuses Rending Drake 6(E)! Attacks Rending Drake 6(E) for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Rending Drake 6(E) is at 5 HP.
- Pikachu uses Patch Fur (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to HEAL4, Self!
Ash the Bear is at 10 HP. Loses WOUNDED token.
- Pikachu uses Disappearing Wounds (top)! HEAL4, Self!
Pikachu is at 7 HP. Loses WOUNDED and INVISIBLE tokens.
Pikachu uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Patch Fur, Maul and Howling Bolts.

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! Jumps4 to I3.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (top)! Activates Eagle-eye Goggles. Attacks Rending Drake 6(E) for 8 (2base, x2mod +2bonus) damage! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) with ADVANTAGE for 5 (2base, +1/+0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 2XP.
Rending Drake 6(E) is killed!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 15 HP.

25. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 4 focuses Pikachu! Moves3 to K4. Attacks Pikachu for 3 (4base, -1mod) damage.
Pikachu is at 4 HP and is WOUNDED!

Let me know if you would prefer the Rending Drake to be in J3 instead!

57. Spitting Drakes posted:

- Spitting Drake 3(E) focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 6 (4base, +2mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverseis at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
- Spitting Drake 5 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Flies3 to N2 Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverseis at 1 HP and is MUDDLED!

79. Elder Drake (BOSS) posted:

- Zephyr 1 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to J2. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse has to lose one card to prevent lethal damage!
- Zephyr 2 focuses Lina Megumin Inverse! Moves2 to K3. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Lina Megumin Inverse has to lose one card to prevent lethal damage!
- Zephyr 3 focuses Pikachu! Moves2 to L3.
- Zephyr 4 focuses Pikachu! Moves2 to M4.
- Elder Drake (BOSS) focuses Ash! No one in range to Attack!

Now, Lina Megumin only has 2 cards left in her hand, meaning she can only lose 2 cards to prevent lethal damage. One could argue that, knowing that she would be focused by 4 monsters, she would have probably decided to lose the first one to prevent the 6 damage attack from the Elite Spitting Drake that has put her at 3 HP (with the next attacks being three 3 damage attack each, with each being potentially lethal, and only having the chance to prevent 2 of them). This means that the she would be at:
- 9 HP after the Elite Spitting Drake attack (losing one card to prevent 6 damage);
- 7 HP after the regular Spitting Drake attack;
- 4 HP after Zephyr 1's attack;
- 1 HP after Zephyr 2's attack;
Losing only 1 card instead of 2 in the process. Please Eeepies, let me know which card you want to Lose (and if you want to use a Stamina Potion; take a Short Rest - knowing that you can't reroll Reviving Ether; or take a Long Rest next Round).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled!

This is going to be close!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Orders sent in for lost cards, stamina pot, and cards for next round. I'm going to take a turn to recover and run before I start shooting again. So glad that the Rending Drake died though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yikes

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This game of rocket tag is wild

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Slaan posted:

This is possibly the most stressful game of Gloomhaven I've ever played, and we've only had 3 turns!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Slaan posted:

Time to escalate then.
Anybody got a fission bomb in their pocket? Giant Mecha support? A killsat targeting gun?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm going to need to get out of the rate of fire though, one more swarm of attacks like that and I'll be down. The thing is, I'm not sure who else can resist them either. 4 Zephyrs immediately made this battle a lot more complicated.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

I'm going to need to get out of the rate of fire though, one more swarm of attacks like that and I'll be down. The thing is, I'm not sure who else can resist them either. 4 Zephyrs immediately made this battle a lot more complicated.

We just need 15 more damage on the boss. I'm going to try to get Ash there this turn and beating for at least 4 of those. If we can focus fire somehow we might get him this turn, or by latest next.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Gonna go really slow and do what I can.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Scorched Summit, Round 4A

- Lina Megumin Inverse loses Frost Armor and Mana Bolt from hand, and Fire Orbs and Flame Strike from her discard pile to negate 6, 3 & 3 damage respectively.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Stamina Potion to recover Forked Beam and Reviving Ether.
- Lina Megumin Inverse is at 7 HP and is MUDDLED.
"Scenario Special Rules

BOSS Special 2

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW

Pikachu (Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Howling Bolts.

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"HOWLING BOLTS (47) [Lvl1]
TOP:  ATK1, Range4, Target3
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE5 - XP1"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand2, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 20 with Forked Beam and Reviving Ether.
(Hand2, Discarded3, Active1, Lost2)

code:
"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"

"REVIVING ETHER (80) [Lvl1]
TOP: Recover all your LOST cards - Generate DARK - CANNOT BE RECOVERED
BOT: MOVE4, Jump"
Master Splinter (Hand3, Discarded2, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 79 with Feedback Loop and Brain Leech.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

code:
"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."

"BRAIN LEECH (16) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - HEAL4, Self - Generate DARK, XP2 - LOSS
BOT: ATK1 - STREGTHEN Self."

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 5, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
TIG, my card list is pretty f-ed up I think. Fire Orbs and Flame Strike should be lost, I'm using Ether and Forked Beam, so I should have 4 lost, 1 active, 2 hand, 1 discarded.

I'm heading to E4, unless someone else wants the place? I'll probably think of whether to heal up or continue attacking depending on how successful Ash and Pikachu are.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Eeepies posted:

TIG, my card list is pretty f-ed up I think. Fire Orbs and Flame Strike should be lost, I'm using Ether and Forked Beam, so I should have 4 lost, 1 active, 2 hand, 1 discarded.

Sorry, I forgot to update it after you told me which card you were going to lose, and also I messed up a bit. Fixed!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Doesn't help right now, but for the next round, if someone could get up next this bad-boy I can use some uh.... Persuasion to make you hit the bastard pretty dang hard.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Missing orders from one player :)

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry, real life got away from me a bit over the last day. Will have them in shortly!

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
I don't think there's many turns left for Pikachu and Ash.
Here's hoping I can go out in a blaze of glory so that we can guarantee at least winning the scenario.

Stress levels "super high!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Scorched Summit, Conclusion

"Scenario Special Rules

BOSS Special 2

12. Rending Drakes posted:

- Rending Drake 4 focuses Pikachu! Attacks Pikachu for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Pikachu has to lose a card to prevent lethal damage!

Pikachu is at 3 HP.
- Ash the Bear focuses Rending Drake 4! Moves2 to J3. Attacks Rending Drake 4 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage!
Rending Drake 4 is at 3 HP.
- Pikachu uses Howling Bolts (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 3 to E3. Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu uses Maul (top)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Elder Drake (BOSS) for 5 (4base, +1mod) damage!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 10 HP.

Kafila, please let me know which card you want to lose, and also confirm/deny if you want to take a Short Rest :)

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! Jumps3 to E4.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (top)! Attacks Rending Drake 4 with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, -1/+2ICE mod +2bonus) damage! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) with DISADVANTAGE for 4 (2base, +0/x2 mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 2XP. Crackling Air is LOST!
Rending Drake 4 is killed!
Elder Drake (BOSS) is at 6 HP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, losesFlashing Burst. Loses MUDDLED token.

That DISADVANTAGE did sting, but the Elder Drake is almost dead!

36. Elder Drake (BOSS) posted:

- Zephyr 1 focuses Ash! Moves2 to G3. Attacks Ash for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 7 HP.
- Zephyr 2 focuses Pikachu! Moves1 to J3. Attacks Pikachu for 3 (3base, NULLmod) damage.
- Zephyr 3 focuses Pikachu! Moves1 to K4. Attacks Pikachu for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Pikachu has to lose a card to prevent lethal damage!
- Zephyr 3 focuses Pikachu! No action taken!
- Elder Drake (BOSS) focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 5 (5base, +0mod, Frost Armor) damage.
Ash is at 2 HP.

As a reminder Kafila, you can elect to lose 2 cards from your discard pile instead of 1 from your hand, if you prefer.

79. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Xiahou Dun) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps4 to H2.
- Master Splinter uses Brain Leech (top)! Attacks Elder Drake (BOSS) for 6 (4base, +2'mod) damage! Gains 2XP.
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Into the Night.
Master Splinter uses Empowering Talisman! Recovers Minor Stamina Potion.
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers The Mind's Weakness and Feedback Loop.

Well that was exactly 15 damage in a round to the Boss :v: I won't attack with the Spitting Drakes, as they could only kill 2 players at most, so their Turn is irrelevant.
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

With one final blood-curdling screech, the giant drake falls off its perch and crashes to the snowy ground. It appears to still be alive, but its breaths are weak and shallow.

“Bloodthirsty and obtuse. I don’t know why I should have expected more,” the drake whispers. “Congratulations on your stunning success. I’m sure you will be heralded as heroes upon your triumphant return. Adorned in crowns of gold and cloaks of silk. Riches will be laden upon you and five thousand...”

The drake’s whispers trail off and the breathing stops. Needless to say, the drake’s sarcastic predictions do not come to pass. You report your deeds to the Gloomhaven authorities and receive a modest reward to add to the modest amount of treasure you found on the scorched summit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- None!

Scenario Rewards
- Global Achievement : The Drake Slain
- Lost Party Achievement : The Drake’s Command

Victory Rewards
+10XP each.
20 gold each
+2 reputation (current Reputation: 2)
+1 prosperity

All in all, a bit better as a reward than what the blurb wanted us to think. Still, not exactly Lonely Mountain levels of riches :v: Treasure chest 23 contained this, by the way:

A situational item, or 25 gold, depending on how you look at it.

Having killed the Elder Drake, we can no longer complete "The Drake Aided" Global Achievement, and the events unlocked by it are lost to us: (Have a party gain both “The Drake’s Command” and “The Drake’s Treasure” party achievements – add City Event 75 and Road Event 66 to the decks, and gain “The Drake Aided” global achievement). In case you want to know what we have lost:
- City Event: the captain of the guard is not happy that we have not killed the Elder Drake, as requested, yet. We can chose to lie to him about our intentions (and lose 1 Reputation, repeatable) or tell him that we have decided not to kill the Drake (and lose 2 Reputation and remove the card).
- Road Event: An army of Inox is finally fed up with Gloomhaven's bullshit and is attacking the city. Suddenly, a giant Drake swoops in! We can chose to take cover (let the Drake deal with the Inox, gain 25 gold from the spoils) or fight the Inox ourselves (still gain 25 gold, but each starts the scenario wounded and has to discard 2 cards).

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 34.
- Master Splinter: Ravager - Play two cards for their lost actions on the same turn. Xiahou Dun has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Covetous - Never collect a money token from end-of-turn looting. Eeepies has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark. +1 PERK!
- Pikachu : Hothead - Add two cards to your lost pile before your first rest. Kafila has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +2 Checkmark. +1 PERK!

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 34 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=3 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +18XP. (New Total 263XP) and +0 gold (New Total 54 gold). Master Splinter has enough experience to advance to Level 6!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: +12XP. (New Total 177XP) and +0 gold (New Total 18 gold).
- Pikachu : +15XP. (New Total 233XP) and +0 gold (New Total 38 gold).
Please forgive me if I have made an error in the XP tally. This Scenario, albeit brief, has been surpisingly heavy on the admin side. Feel free to correct the total if I am wrong. These are the cards available to Master Splinter for her level up:

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: None!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: None!
- Pikachu : None!
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 38 posted:

We do have an Orchid in our Party (our Spellweaver), in case this would effect your decision.

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 34!
- City Event outcome, A or B!
- Master Splinter: NEW CARD and NEW PERK. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.
- Lina Megumin Inverse: NEW PERK. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.
- Pikachu : NEW PERK. The list can be found in his character's sheet just above.
"- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
- If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE."
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO. As said, we'll stagger the vote to allow everyone to participate :)

A big thank you to our players,Xiahou Dun, Eeepies and Kafila! As I mentioned before, since this Scenario was a 4 Rounds extravaganza, I would propose our players get another go - unless of course they can't or don't want to!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 7, 2020