Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What card did we pick as Master Splinter's level 5? Because apparently both level 5 cards are still available.

Anyways drat that's an hard choice, both embrace and dark frenzy look insane (little reminder, add +2 to all of Master Splinter's meelee attacks to account for her augment).

City A; we have an Orchid in the party.
Splinter's perk: Add two rolling +1
Megumin's perk: +2/element again
Pikachu's perk: +1 wound

E: **** snipe. Update last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Good job players. That was an intense game

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

MVP should be TIG for being and admin hero.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

MVP should be TIG for being and admin hero.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Also coffee finally hit my blood stream and I just realized it’s Master Splinter The God drat Dragon Slayer!

Hell yeah!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I just realized it’s Master Splinter The God drat Dragon Drake Slayer!

:v:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Master Splinter The Legally Distinct From Dragon Slayer.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Master "Fair Use Doctrine" Splinter the Not-Quite-A-Dragon Slayer

MVP: OP for dealing with that mess of a game, Drake for actually being nice enough to die

City Event: A

Splinter:
Card- Dark Frenzy looks fun
Perk- Add Stun card

Lina- Add +2/Fire

Pikachu- Replace +0 with +2

Splinter should donate

Slaan fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 7, 2020

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Wow I did not expect to end it this round, that's nice. I'm ok for another round, if everyone else is ok with it.
Slight clarification, does Crackling Air trigger on each attack on a target 2? I always thought it was one trigger to give +2 atk to both targets.

MVP: Voting for either OP or the card modifiers because we rolled really well that game.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Eeepies posted:

because we rolled really well that game.

Uhhhhhhhh.

Was I playing a different game? Why do I smell toast?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Eeepies posted:

Slight clarification, does Crackling Air trigger on each attack on a target 2? I always thought it was one trigger to give +2 atk to both targets.

The bonus says "On your next 4 Attacks, add +1/+2 Attack", so each individual attack is one trigger. To work the way you mentioned (IE: 1 trigger, all attacks on an card) it would have to mention the keyword Attack Action instead, and specify that the bonus would apply to all Attacks on that action. See for example the wording on Eagle-eye Goggles (During your attack, gain Advantage on the entire Attack action.).

From the FAQ:

quote:

Action, Attack Action, Attack, Attack Ability, Attack Effects, Targeted

What do those terms mean?
An action is the top half or bottom half of an ability card (or the full card for monsters), or an item or persistent ability that specifically says it grants an "action". An ability that grants another figure an out-of-turn ability (like move or attack) is not an action unless it says "action".

An attack action is an action that has an attack in it. It constitutes any and all attacks made with that specific action.

An ability is considered an attack ability if it has the word "attack" printed on the card.

An attack is a single attack on a single target that flips over a single attack modifier card. If your attack action is, say, "Attack 3," then there is only one attack in your attack action. If it is "Attack 2, Target 3," then your attack action consists of three separate attacks. If the action contains separate "attack" lines, all are part of the attack action. If the attack is an AoE, all attacks performed as part of the AoE are part of the attack action.

An attack effect is the effect that occurs after the attack. It occurs even if the attack does no damage, including due to the NULL or Curse cards. You must chose whether you will do an effect attached to an attack before you draw a modifier card.

An ability is considered targeted only if it says “Target” or “Attack”

tl;dr: every time you have to flip another attack modifier from the deck, that's another "Attack".

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 7, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I have absolutely no objection to the three current players going another round.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

I have absolutely no objection to the three current players going another round.

Same. Especially if the next scenario is just as intense (and hilarious).

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Goddamn. Good job y'all, that was a crazy chaotic mess but you pulled it off. I agree that they should go again, four rounds is barely an appetizer!

- MVP/Play of the Game - Just.. everything
- City Event outcome - A
- Master Splinter: Dark Frenzy and add a rolling Stun (are we missing a level 5 card?)
- Lina Megumin Inverse: +2 and Fire
- Pikachu : Replace +0 with +2

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Huh, I guess I retired my first Mindthief at level 6, because I've definitely never used either of those cards

City Event: A

Splinter:
Card- Corrupting Embrace the top is an attack 7 on one target that also poisons and muddles, and can be split across targets if you so desire, while Dark Fury tops out at an extremely conditional attack 8. Both bottom actions are nice, but I think the Mindthief is happier with an upgrade to Feedback Loop which we've been bringing into battle so far despite the garbage top action and initiative
Perk- Add Rolling Stun card

Lina- Add +2/Fire

E: Also yes, let anyone who wants go another round

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 7, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dwarf74 posted:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ahem...it happears that Master Splinter has not been using her level 5 Card (Mass Hysteria). It's cause she's too strong already. Definitely not because I forgot to add the card to the spreadsheet :v:

Anyway, this is the list of cards avaialable to her for her level up:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 7, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Both Level 6 Mindthief cards are amazing, and whichever one you don't take now, you'll just take next level.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
City Event: Keep bashing the fash. Option A
Splinter Card: Corrupting Embrace The top of this card is unbelievably stupid powerful. Like JFC goddamn.
Splinter Perk: 2 rolling +1s
Spellweaver Perk: +1 Curse
Pikachu Perk: +1 wound

Money
Splinter buy Major Stamina Potion
Spellweaver sell non-goggles helmet and buy Major Stamina Potion

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Uhhhhhhhh.

Was I playing a different game? Why do I smell toast?

Oh, we rolled completely horribly on the flipped cards, but in terms of damage rolls, I think we did ok on that front?

Also, what the f is Dark Frenzy, now I regret retiring my own Mindthief before seeing all these.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Eeepies posted:

Also, what the f is Dark Frenzy, now I regret retiring my own Mindthief before seeing all these.
Oh, that? It's just a casual Attack 6 (effectively 8) non-loss with 2 xp, and a move 3 with a range 3 attack 1 xp on the bottom with valuable element generation.

You know, no big deal. :v:

Corrupting Embrace is effectively Attack 7 with two conditions (but probably more than 7 because of how great your mod deck is by this point) and a non-loss move 4 jump also with valuable element generation and a way to spread poison around. I think it's a better/more flexible card except against shielded enemies but YMMV. The lack of elemental reliance is a plus.

Both are really amazing cards, though. Like I said, anything you don't take now, you'll come back and take next level.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I will learn to be a good psychic rat if it kills me (i.e. hell yeah I’m down to keep playing!)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XV, Update 1

City Event 38, resolution posted:

Effect: Lose 1 Reputation (current Reputation: 1), Gain 1 Prosperity

#fantasyracism (I like the fact that if you have an Orchid in your party, no matter what you do you are going to lose reputation). We currently are at a single Prosperity tick (reachable in 2 donations) from Prosperity Level 4, in case this colors your intentions.

Votes so far posted:

- Master Splinter: We are at an empasse between Dark Frenzy and Corrupting Embrace, so please keep the votes coming! Splinter's new Perk is going to be add a rolling STUN modifier.

- Lina Megumin Inverse: our Spellweaver's new Perk is going to be add a +2/FIRE modifier.

- Pikachu : we don't have a winner yet between +1 wound or replace a +0 with a +2 so please keep voting!
- Money Matters: at the moment we only have 1 vote for these things (remember that we are 2 donations away from Prosperity Level 4):
° Splinter should donate (-10g);
° Splinter buy Major Stamina Potion (-30g);
° Spellweaver sell Drakescale Helmet (+25g) and buy Major Stamina Potion (-30g);
Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to take advantage of a nice webapp called Gloomhaven Scenario Tree that allows us to keep track of everything we've completed, unlocked, lost access to or currently unable to visit. If you want to import the current progress into your webapp, just copy/paste the content of Cell F2 from the "Player List" sheet.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We have discovered a portal to a mysterious Plane of Elemental Power. We may want to ask Hail for help closing it before something bad happens and brave the Forgotten Crypt (19).

- Or maybe we just want to jump through the portal and see what the Plane of Elemental Power (10) is about?

- We forgot we had somehow found the route to a pictoresque place called the Burning Mountain (82). Vacation time? (this is a Side Scenario)

- We may want to go back down the Mountain and investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before leaving.

- We can longer follow the Drake's Request (since we have killed it); so we can't access the Savvas Armory (33) at the moment...but if we were to follow the voice in the Echo Chamber, perhaps?

- We have been helping Jekserah against the Cult, but who's to say we can't spread out our love to every single necromancer in the land? If we want to gather favour with the Cult, we can try to clear up the Decaying Crypt (6) from the masterless undead that currently reside there.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 10 posted:

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 34!
2) Master Splinter's CARD: Dark Frenzy(A) or Corrupting Embrace(B)
3) Pikachu's PERK: +1 wound(A) or replace a +0 with a +2(B)
4) Donations: 2 players donate to reach Prosperity Level 4 (A, specify who), or not(B)
5) Spliter buys Major Stamina Potion: yes(A) or no(B)
6) Lina sells Drakescale Helmet and buys Major Stamina Potion: yes(A) or no(B)
7) Our Next Destination!
8) Road Event outcome, A or B!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 8, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
After the high stress of the last scenario maybe a relaxing trip to 26?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

After the high stress of the last scenario maybe a relaxing trip to 26?

I see an ooze and I must scream.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Corrupting Embrace for Splinter, B

pikachu perk: +1 wound, A

I'm going to enjoy what happens next regardless, so I don't have a vote for the other choices.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
I'm very happy to keep going. That was a lot of fun, and a very different Gloomhaven experience to normal.

I realise I missed the vote, but for MVP I definitely vote TIG for the mayhem of this encounter and for this amazing LP. Great job sir!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

"Vacation" time at 82. Why not?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Road Event

Explore dat Cave.

We have an intrepid mindrat adventurer(looter) lets explore.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 34! The discard to not die rule
2) Master Splinter's CARD: Dark Frenzy(A)
3) Pikachu's PERK: +1 wound(A)
4) Donations: 2 players donate to reach Prosperity Level 4 (A, specify who) Splinter, Pika
5) Spliter buys Major Stamina Potion: yes(A)
6) Lina sells Drakescale Helmet and buys Major Stamina Potion: yes(A)
7) Our Next Destination! Burning Maaaaaaan Mountain!
8) Road Event outcome, A or B! CAVE EXPLORER.

Splash the cash!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey everyone, I won't be able to update today...but that means more time to vote! :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

B Explore the area
82 Burning Mountain, this crew killed a dragon and deserves to vacation with some demons before the next players come in and roll on with the plot.
B Corrupting Embrace, my crew had a lot of fun with the "jump through and tag as many enemies as you can powers" like the bottom of this one.
Splinter and Pikachu should donate to hit prosperity 4 and see what the new store goodies are

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XV,Update 2 and Scenario 82 Preamble.

Votes so far posted:

1) Our MVP for Scenario 34 is The modifier deck, as piloted by The Heart of Cards :agesilaus:
2) Master Splinter's CARD: after injury time the vote is still tied, so fate will decide! Heads Dark Frenzy, Tails Corrupting Embrace...

3) Pikachu's PERK: +1 wound
4) Splinter and Pikachu should donate to hit prosperity 4. Splinter now has 44 gold and Pikachu 28 gold; they both receive 2 BLESS cards for their piety. Also...

I have added the new items to the Market Pool on the mobile friendly spreadsheet.
5) Spliter will buy one of the newly unlocked Major Stamina Potions (remaining gold: 14).
6) Lina will sell her Drakescale Helmet (+25 gold) and will buy one Major Stamina Potion (remaining gold: 14). The Helmet goes into the Market Pool. Also, Lina can only equip 2 small items at her character level (4/2 = 2), so whoever controls her will have to chose which ones to bring - until she hits level 5.
Updated Sheets

By reaching Prosperity Level 4, we have also unlocked some additional entries in the Town Records...

Town Records posted:

Exciting!
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 10, resolution posted:

Effect: Add City Event 71 to the deck; everyone starts next Scenario with 1 damage.
I wonder what that sphere does...
Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 82 - Burning Mountain

Scenario 82 - Burning Mountain - Location posted:

After the Scorched Summit, we travel to the other side of the world for our 2020 World on Fire tour.

Toasty!

Scenario 82 - Burning Mountain - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 82 before starting it:
Links to: nothing!
Requirements: None.
Goal: Sacrifice one artifact or escape with all artifacts.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

This is a big boy dungeon.

Scenario 82 - Burning Mountain - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Earth Demons:

Flame Demons:

Stone Golems:

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
We have already fought all these monsters, but these are Level 3 instead of Level 2. They have gained some nasty tricks...

Scenario 82 - Burning Mountain - Introduction posted:

Following the Inox trail, you find the remains of their village, burned and collapsed into a crevasse. A dark cloud hangs over the mountain directly behind it. You follow an old stone road, seemingly untouched, as it winds its way up the scorched terrain and ends at a cliff several hundred meters high.

You find a pair of great stone doors, warm to the touch and intricately carved into the side of the mountain. Once inside the doors, you see pools of liquid flame illuminating the room beyond in an eerie, red glow. Charred corpses of Savvas are scattered everywhere. The earth shakes violently and a number of demons turn their gaze toward you.

Side Scenarios are designed by guest authors, and usually have a gimmick. This one was guest designed by Jeremy Kaemmer.

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
Xiahou Dun, Eeepies and Kafila please provide:
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm fine starting in any tile, but my cards will change depending on where I start so I won't submit orders till later.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Whelp, I'm 2/2 for not embarrassing myself too much, let's go one mo' 'gain!

Orders submitted.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Who do we want to deal with the Fire Demons.
That'll reflect on our starting spots.

Ash can tank either side, but those shields look rough!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for the players to finalize their plans and for 1 set of orders :)

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
Depending on the others, but I'm thinking of placing Ash on the left to deal with the Earth demons.

He seems eminently suited to tank and beat them down. Unless anyone else has a better idea?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
If that's the case, can i get the right most hex? I can start blasting from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Eeepies posted:

If that's the case, can i get the right most hex? I can start blasting from there.

Works for me.

Ash in E4, Pikachu in G4?