Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
I've been getting a group to play this together over Table Top Simulator for the past week, and the day everyone's schedules line up you post this. I'm looking forward to playing alongside you.

Mindthief, Brute, and Scoundrel for class votes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I've changed some things in the OP:
1) Since players can't adapt their tactics on the fly, we'll play at standard difficulty instead of at +1. Not having perfect information about enemy positioning will certainly lead to some non perfect execution, balancing out the advantage of playing with full transparency. We'll play at standard, but we'll start Scenario 1 on Easy - to ease new players into the game.
2) Added this under "Contingencies": Each player is also encouraged to indicate a generic idea for their action (IE: "I want to be out of Focus for as many enemies as possible"). This is mostly going to be needed for the movements, to avoid potentially suicide charges...or total whiffs from melee attacks.
3) Changed order deadline to 3.00AM EST. This should allow more time for the players to submit their orders and will allow me to take advantage of the difference in timezone to maximize available admin time.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 22, 2018

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
This game is great. I volunteer to play.

My hero choices are Brute, Cragheart, Spellweaver.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'll probably not have time to play, but this is a very good and interesting game and I'll be following. :munch:

Tinkerer, Mindthief and Spellweaver, let's see some positioning shenanigans here.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
UPDATE 1: meet the gang
Looks like we have our initial line up ready: Mindthief, Cragheart and Brute! Instead of having the usual fantasy races like orcs, elves and so on, Gloomhaven has a lot of unique ones (even if they usually resemble something from classic fantasy sources, same as the classes).

Now...we need NAMES for our heroes! Also don't forget to vote for The Party Name as well.

Let's meet our cast of misfits!

The Vermling Mindthief posted:

The Mindthief has a hand size of 10 and starts with 6 HP.
These are the cards available to our Mindthief at level 1:

Cards with an "X" instead of a number under the name are immediately available to a player and can be replace any other card in the deck. Each hero can change the cards in their deck (picking from the ones available to them) before each scenario, as long as their hand size is maintained.

The Savvas Cragheart posted:

The Cragheart has a hand size of 11 and starts with 10 HP.
These are the cards available to the Cragheart at level 1:

The Inox Brute posted:

The Brute has a hand size of 10 and starts with 10 HP.
These are the cards available to the Brute at level 1:

Each of our mercenary is in this life because they're looking for something. This "something" is called a Personal Quest. Once the adventurer has achieved this goal, their lust of dungeon crawling dies down and they decide to retire and spend their wealth in blackjack and high end hookers or whatever deranged murderhobos are into these days.
But don't be sad! Once a character retires, we get to hire a new one in their place from the list of available ones...and each completed Personal Quest unlocks a new one! There is a total of six started plus eleven advanced heroes to potentially hire. I'LL STRESS THIS AGAIN, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DISCUSS OR HINT AT CONTENT THAT HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN IN THE LP, please!
Everytime a new hero is hired (including the initial ones), we get to choose between two randomly selected Personal Quests. In this case, these are the ones the fate has decided to make available for us:

For the Vermling Mindthief... posted:

For the Savvas Cragheart... posted:

For the Inox Brute... posted:

Please vote for one Personal Quest for each character!

Finally...now that our party has been selected, it's time to start exploring Gloomhaven! Before our first real taste of dungeon crawling, we have the chance to take one City Event. These (and the mandatory Road Event) are randomly drawn from an evolving deck and functions in a way like small CYOA: our party is presented with a situation and the players are asked to make a choice, as a group, between two outcomes. City events usually have more positive outcomes compared to Road ones, but that's not always the case. If you already know the outcome of a vote, please don't spoil it. If you don't please refrain from cheating. We're all on the honor system, here :)
This is our very first City Event:

Event 05 posted:

As you can see, we are presented with the option to be model citizens or thieving bastars from the get go! A lot of town events will influence our party reputation in a positive or negative way, opening up potential different options down the road. They can also provide buffs, gold, experience and other assorted resources...or have negative effects! I'll talk more about the consequences of our choices once we have resolved our first event. Please vote for the outcome of this City Event!

PLEASE VOTE FOR (voting is opened until 3AM EST):
- Each Character's name!
- The Party Name!
- A Personal Quest (out of the two available) for each character!
- Which option to select for the City Event (A or B)!

Also Reik, Some Numbers and SalTheBard you are going to be our first players to control our party in the dungeon crawling part of the game! These are the default hero assignment based on your position in the list, but please feel free to swap around if you want to, before the start of the dungeon!
Reik: Mindthief
Some Numbers: Cragheart
SalTheBard: Brute
Once this is done, you can also start thinking about your initial deck out of the available cards!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 20, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like The Torch Thieves, as someone suggested.

Mindthief:
Name: Nourishing Peaches, after the rat in Terry Pratchett's The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
PQ: The Fall of Man. I dunno when we'll get around to the Lingering Swamp, but this is a fun quest. Also both of these classes can be unlocked by reputation, Eclipse at -10 and Sunburst at 10 (it's in the rulebook!), so if we've already decided to be villains or heroes, the Mindthief should pick the opposite PQ.

Cragheart:
Name: Sergeant Detritus, also from Terry Pratchett, and a name I find very fitting for the class
PQ: Goliath Toppler; we already have three ways to unlock the Sunburst class on the table, so we'll probably find a way.

Brute:
Name: Gompers; I can't think of any prominent goats in Pratchett, but the Inox are goat people and thus should have goat names.
PQ: Zealot of the Blood God is a really fun PQ which promotes a playstyle that's very much against the mindset of a lot of GH players, and I think the Brute is the best candidate for it in this party, so it'd be a shame not to take it.

City Event:
It'd be fun to play an evil party, but our Mindthief is potentially working towards the Eclipse class already. So, Option A.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 20, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Just a note for our less experience players: advanced classes are often given a name based on their symbol, since nothing is really known about them till their boxes are opened. The names Zulily Zoetrope is using are a reference to those symbols, and not the class names themselves.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Right, when you get the game, all the locked classes are in sealed boxes, so it's common to give them names based on the symbol on the box, since that's all you know about them. These are the names my group used when we got the game and theorized what might be in those boxes. I can dial back the in-game knowledge if it's too much, but those are all the calls I would have made when first playing the game. Implement of Light was the personal quest I decided not to pick on my first character (also a Mindthief!), on the grounds that the alternative looked easier. Both the quest and the method of unlocking the Sunburst class listed in the rulebook.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 20, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Right, when you get the game, all the locked classes are in sealed boxes, so it's common to give them names based on the symbol on the box, since that's all you know about them. These are the names my group used when we got the game and theorized what might be in those boxes. I can dial back the in-game knowledge if it's too much, but those are all the calls I would have made when first playing the game. Implement of Light was the personal quest I decided not to pick on my first character (also a Mindthief!), on the grounds that the alternative looked easier. Both the quest and the method of unlocking the Sunburst class listed in the rulebook.

No worries, everything seems alright in your post!
I just want to avoid hints at what a class can do or its characteristics/lore until they become public domain itt :)

E:vvvvvv welcome aboard! I've made the Player list available as a public google sheet so if you are not sure if you've been signed up, or if you want to check your position in queue, click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5o0-NfbKZAB0kV25QTrrvM8narQRumiMYyh_TpAlvM/edit?usp=sharing

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 20, 2018

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I'm a little late to the party, and missed the initial vote, but this looks great! I haven't had a chance to play this one yet, though some friends own it and I've watched a few rounds.

I'd love to get in on this action at some point in the future too!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can I nominate Burt Rocknolds for the Cragheart's name?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The Torch Thieves is a good name

Mindthief:
Name: Strong Rat Son
PQ: The Fall of Man, because as mentioned both are locked by reputation and positive rep is both better in general (at least IMO) and easier to get. Implement of Light, I'd hadn't realized Fall of Man was such a pain.

Cragheart:
Name: His name is Kyle because he wrote it on his belt
PQ: Goliath Toppler, because if we're already going positive rep from the previous one to unlock the Sun symbol then we may as go the other way. Also the Angry Face is my favorite class.

Brute:
Name: Hulk Hogan
PQ: Trophy Hunt, because the "become exhausted" personal quest is very bad and no fun when you have to deliberately try to play poorly.

City events tend to give good results for playing nice, and we're looking to unlock the Sun. Let's go A

Piell fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 20, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I like The Torch Thieves, as someone suggested.

Mindthief:
Name: Nourishing Peaches, after the rat in Terry Pratchett's The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
PQ: The Fall of Man. I dunno when we'll get around to the Lingering Swamp, but this is a fun quest. Also both of these classes can be unlocked by reputation, Eclipse at -10 and Sunburst at 10 (it's in the rulebook!), so if we've already decided to be villains or heroes, the Mindthief should pick the opposite PQ.

Cragheart:
Name: Sergeant Detritus, also from Terry Pratchett, and a name I find very fitting for the class
PQ: Goliath Toppler; we already have three ways to unlock the Sunburst class on the table, so we'll probably find a way.

Brute:
Name: Gompers; I can't think of any prominent goats in Pratchett, but the Inox are goat people and thus should have goat names.
PQ: Zealot of the Blood God is a really fun PQ which promotes a playstyle that's very much against the mindset of a lot of GH players, and I think the Brute is the best candidate for it in this party, so it'd be a shame not to take it.

City Event:
It'd be fun to play an evil party, but our Mindthief is potentially working towards the Eclipse class already. So, Option A.
I agree with everything here, and came to it all via the same logic. So yeah, what they said.

(Names are fine too)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't like the Fall of Man. It's a badly designed quest which can be actually-impossible to complete depending on how the campaign goes. I'm voting for Implement of Light (which at least gives our rat the guaranteed option to retire if we get tired of them) and Goliath Toppler (because doubling up on Sun is silly). I don't really have an opinion on the other votables.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going to go study up on Brute and make some decisions!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Torch Thieves is a fine party name

Mindthief name: Splinter

Cragheart and Brute should be Rocky and Bullwinkle respectively.

Mindthief PQ: These both suck because we can unlock either of these through reputation. That said I pick Fall of Man because I already know what Sun is and I'm predicting that most players will make "good guy" choices which will lead to Sun being unlocked organically.

Cragheart PQ: The Angry Face one (Goliath Toppler) because we don't want redundant Sun unlocks.

Brute PQ: This one is tough because I know what Two Minis is and I really like it but IDK what Lightning Bolts is. I'm picking the safe option of Two Minis (Trophy Hunt) though.

City Event: I'm going to consistently vote for the rear end in a top hat options because my IRL group has already done mostly good guy options. So Option B.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 20, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

Torch Thieves is a fine party name

Mindthief name: Splinter

Cragheart and Brute should be Rocky and Bullwinkle respectively.

Mindthief PQ: These both suck because we can unlock either of these through reputation. That said I pick Fall of Man because I already know what Sun is and I'm predicting that most players will make "good guy" choices which will lead to Sun being unlocked organically.

Cragheart PQ: The Angry Face one because we don't want redundant Sun unlocks.

Brute PQ: This one is tough because I know what Two Minis is and I really like it but IDK what Lightning Bolts is. I'm picking the safe option of Two Minis though.

City Event:. I'm going to consistently vote for the rear end in a top hat options because my IRL group has already done mostly good guy options. So option B.

The PQ isn't for 2 minis though. It's angry face (#14)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

The PQ isn't for 2 minis though. It's angry face (#14)

Trophy Hunt unlocks Two Minis.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo ok I thought that was Angry Face. I was on my cellphone! NM! I endorse Trophy Hunt because 2 Minis rocks!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Alright, I'll try. I don't know anything about anything so I'm only choosing what I think is fitting and/or awesome.

Mindthief: I like the TMNT reference, but surely you have to give him his full title of Master Splinter?
Fall of Man sounds more interesting, and what's a tiny psychomouse going to go with a huge holy axe?

Cragheart: Terror Firma for the name. God I wish he was a wrassler or luchador, that would be even more perfect.
And of course I'm going to go with Goliath Toppler because what's the point of being a big burly rockman if you can't aspire to square up to even bigger things and punch 'em in the jaw?

Brute: Slab Bulkhead. Just because :allears:
And Trophy Hunt! Let's add some diversity to our murder targets, and also get some nice keepsakes for the party mantlepiece.

As far as the event, Option A, because let's not immediately burn our bridges.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Counterpoint: burn every bridge :supaburn:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
So to clarify something that's obvious from the available rules, reputation grants either a discount on purchasing items (when positive) or an extra cost (when negative). It's hard to say whether money you gain by picking theft options like the one here makes up for the reputation hit. The rules explain two uses for money: you can purchase items from Gloomhaven merchants, and more items will unlock as the town's Prosperity increases; or at some point (not yet), we'll get the ability to add enhancements to abilities. The discount/extra cost applies only to items, not enhancements.

Mindthief PQ: The Fall of Man. Seems like sentiment a rat would have, however amusing the thought of the Mindthief killing undead with a giant axe.
Cragheart PQ: Goliath Toppler. Note that if we unlock the same character more than once, the repeat unlock turns into a random scenario unlock and a random item design (unlocked for sale, not in our pack).
Brute PQ: Zealot of the Blood God. There's no way not to meta this choice, unfortunately. As has been said, this quest works pretty well with the Brute and is miserable with a few other characters. I have mixed feelings because exhausting (running out of hp or cards before the scenario ends) is easy to do unintentionally if you're new to the game, or difficult to do as you get better; it takes a fair amount of skill to exhaust as the scenario ends, but learning to do so helps teach a very effective way to play the game. (In most scenarios, exhausting one character costs the party nothing at all, though you usually lose a scenario if all characters exhaust.) It's very easy to fall into the mindset, "don't die," when exhausting isn't death and doing so, while risky, can allow you to be more effective.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Name: Gompers; I can't think of any prominent goats in Pratchett,

Mephistopheles

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Cragheart: Terror Firma for the name. God I wish he was a wrassler or luchador, that would be even more perfect.

He kiiiiind of is. Craghearts wrassle, they just don't wrassle the enemies necessarily. Craghearts get to throw giant boulders around and shatter obstacles to damage nearby enemies/shatter obstacles with nearby enemies. It's a super fun class to play as long as you don't mind being slow as molasses in January.

(for the record, the starting classes are generally considered completely non-spoiler territory because as soon as you open their box -- which you're allowed to do from the very beginning -- you can see all of their cards; if That Italian Guy would rather keep the higher level abilities of the starter classes quiet for now I'll erase those parts of this post)

namad
Nov 7, 2013
In my meatspace gloomhaven campaign we retired 2or3 characters and played 30 or so missions. My favorite class so far is definitely the spellweaver. Sadly my real life group sort of fell apart, it was to be expected. After 60-100hours or so of play in only a year or so we burnt out. I'm sad because there are so many classes and envelopes I didn't get to unlock!

Hopefully you unlock classes other than the ones we did. My real life party started off brute/scroundrel/spellweaver and I feel like it was a very straightforward and solid combination. I'm looking forward to seeing the mindthief. I am a bit sad though because a level 1 mindthief might not reach level 9 before retiring. Whereas a mindthief created later in the campaign with a head start, might reach 9. The card I'm most interested in seeing used in gloomhaven, that I've unlocked, but never used, is definitely the mindthief level 9 keystone ability.

I'm not looking to volunteer or play. I am looking forward to seeing how the campaign goes. I really hope the volunteers you do get are new to the game and learn a lot and have their minds blown.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Mindthief PQ: The Fall of Man. I always prioritize the ones that unlock other scenarios because that means more Gloomhaven!

Cragheart PQ: Goliath Toppler We can unlock Sun through Reputation.

Brute PQ: Trophy Hunt I don't want anyone to feel bad if they take a turn playing the Brute and don't manage to exhaust him. Also, Zealot of the Blood God is a good PQ to take later in the game when you've unlocked most of the content and aren't really worried about retiring ASAP.

City Event: Option A We didn't get to be The Torch Thieves by not trying to help!

For names, Rocky and Bullwinkle is amazing for Crag/Brute

As far as playing, I would be happy to play any of the three classes if someone wanted to switch.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Mindthief
quest - Implement of Light, entirely because Fall of Man is a huge pain in the rear end
name - Darktan, the rat who stared down the Bone Rat and lived (Thanquol is an acceptable second choice)

Cragheart
quest - Goliath Toppler
name - Rocky

Brute
quest - Trophy Hunt
name - Bullwinkle

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

namad posted:

I am a bit sad though because a level 1 mindthief might not reach level 9 before retiring. Whereas a mindthief created later in the campaign with a head start, might reach 9.

This one almost certainly will given the way the thread is leaning with its personal quest.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I am going to vote for:

The Fall of Man
Goliath Toppler
Trophy Hunt

I don't want to vote for anything else because I don't want to spoil anyone on anything and I've already read a lot of event cards and know what they say on the back.

Zurai posted:

This one almost certainly will given the way the thread is leaning with its personal quest.

Even if what you say is true, the way the game is balanced, the first characters are likely to retire at almost the exact same time they reach lvl9, assuming they're ignoring their personal quest (If they focus it down more like 4/5). So we might get to see the card played once, in one combo. Whereas if the mindthief had appeared later, and started at level 4, it could've hung around lvl9 for ages! Hopefully this thread is super successful though and after 50or60 missions we just create a second mindthief! Also @OP I hope you remember to remove 1 checkmark box from each level of town prosperity. (The first edition of the game had town levels go up too slowly so the second print run of the game removed one checkmark box from each town level on the prosperity tracker).

namad fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 20, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zurai posted:

(for the record, the starting classes are generally considered completely non-spoiler territory because as soon as you open their box -- which you're allowed to do from the very beginning -- you can see all of their cards; if That Italian Guy would rather keep the higher level abilities of the starter classes quiet for now I'll erase those parts of this post)
No worries, once a box has been opened we're free to talk about the content. Not only the starting classes are "opened" by default, the guides I've linked in the 3rd post have all the cards available to each class in them.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Would now also be the time to vote on items? Or at least discuss them?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The next voting session we'll have the a vote for items and the Road event (plus we'll start the first dungeon!)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
As the initial pilot of the Cragheart, I'm going vote for his name to be Dwayne.

The Brute should be named Eron.

The PQs should be Fall of Man, Lawbringer, and Zealot of the Blood God

City Event option A

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

@Some Italian Guy: You missed me for the sign up sheet (probably because I didn't bold my request -- mea culpa). Please sign me up to play. Thanks!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

That Italian Guy posted:

The next voting session we'll have the a vote for items and the Road event (plus we'll start the first dungeon!)

Are we going to vote on Battle Goals? Because I'll be honest, I'm not liking the idea of getting outvoted and hamstrung into a bad goal.

I don't particularly like voting on items, but at least there aren't many ways for that to straight up screw a character.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Some Numbers posted:

Are we going to vote on Battle Goals? Because I'll be honest, I'm not liking the idea of getting outvoted and hamstrung into a bad goal.

I don't particularly like voting on items, but at least there aren't many ways for that to straight up screw a character.

Yeah, I'd say the player should get to pick battle goals (since they only last for one battle anyway)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think things that are contained within the scenario like what cards you take and what battle goal you pick are up to the player. Items last between scenarios though, so those would be voted on.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

namad posted:

Also @OP I hope you remember to remove 1 checkmark box from each level of town prosperity. (The first edition of the game had town levels go up too slowly so the second print run of the game removed one checkmark box from each town level on the prosperity tracker).

We're playing with the official 2nd Edition TTS Module and the additional prosperity checkmarks are already present, yes :) I'll talk more on prosperity in general in the next update.

Zurai posted:

@Some Italian Guy: You missed me for the sign up sheet (probably because I didn't bold my request -- mea culpa). Please sign me up to play. Thanks!

Added retroactively! Yeah, bolding makes it easier to notice when someone signs up or votes, so please do so when you want to participate! Also please let me know if I've missed your sign up request :)

Some Numbers posted:

No, Battle Goals are going to be selected in secret by each player, out of 2 random ones, as per normal play. I'll PM/email the option to each player when it's their turn, at the beginning of the scenario. More on Battle Goals in the next update!
Regarding starting items, I'll set up a simple vote between using the recommended ones or swapping them for something else. Following equipment decision are going to be more organic (IE: we'll buy or sell somthing if there is enough thread consensus to do so). Players will also be able to pick their own hand at the beginning of a scenario, among the available cards (although we'll vote on level up choices, ofc).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I changed my mind about not voting for names.

I vote for Master Splinter for the rat, Rocky for the sapient rock, and Bullwinkle for the big guy with the horns.

It's too bad there's no turtle-like race in the setting to pair Splinter with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I think in the rulebook personal quest's are selected in secret but battle goals can be selected publicly? Then again maybe I just misread the rules, but when I played we selected battle goal's in public (of course it wasn't up for debate but if someone selected a goal that literally made another players goal impossible they could choose not to choose it).

You might want to post all 6 battle goal cards and then let the chosen players select their goal's in secret, but with the knowledge of what the other player's available choices were/are.
A) because it would be fun B) It'll be another cool thing for the thread to see and second guess, even if they have no input on it and C) because I swear that was the rule (but I didn't double check.)

namad fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 20, 2018