Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Slaan posted:

How early will you be opening the door? I've only got high initiative cards left so i need to know if i should be trying to deal damage and killing guards if the door is open or just getting into position for later

As early as I can, so around the first third of the round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going to be going as fast as I can as well. Splinter, do you have any way of getting to or putting some hurt on the archers?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I can slow myself down a bit and take Rockys current position to :black101: the archers

Does a player automatically long rest when the last card in hand is gone or does it force a short rest? Next turn I'll have decent movement and defense left so I'll likely be trying to find a spot for a nap for the turn after that

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 18, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yep, going slow but can move up to take Rockys spot and hurt the two normal archers next to you

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

I can slow myself down a bit and take Rockys current position to :black101: the archers

Does a player automatically long rest when the last card in hand is gone or does it force a short rest? Next turn I'll have decent movement and defense left so I'll likely be trying to find a spot for a nap for the turn after that

You can always choose to long or short rest, you're never forced one way or the other.

Would you have to use a loss card to get there?

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 18, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

You can always choose to long or short rest, you're never forced one way or the other.

Would you have to use a loss card to get there?

Still has Scurry.

And yes, if you have zero or one card in your hand, you must either short rest or long rest, but it's your choice which type you do. (And you're free to rest with more cards, too)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Scurry can't get me all the way there, unfortunately, but i can still make a ranged attack if i don't use a loss card. It just won't be as effective and might draw the guard from the door to me instead of the skeletons

Slaan fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 18, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Scurry can't get me all the way there, unfortunately, but i can still make a ranged attack if i don't use a loss card. It just won't be as effective and might draw the guard from the door to me instead of the skeletons

I think getting away from the guards is a higher priority, we should be able to put a good amount of hurt on the archers this turn regardless, so don't worry too much about getting to them.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

All right, moving faster then to get away and doing ranged attack instead. Less damage than the other plan but no loss needed

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Reik posted:

Just to be clear, since you have to play 2 cards during each Round (unless you are taking a Long Rest) you are forced to take a Long Rest if you start a Round with 1 or 0 cards in your hand; but you can take a Short Rest at the end of the previous Round (the one at the end of which you are left with 1/0 cards) instead.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

quote:

One more small correction: The Mind's Weakness adds 2 to Splinter's attack, so Guard 4 should be at 1 HP.

Just making sure you saw this from last page, TIG.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Phelddagrif posted:

Just making sure you saw this from last page, TIG.

Yeah thanks! I'll fix this in the next update.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 4A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- The Mind's Weakness adds 2 to Splinter's attack, so Guard 4 should be at 1 HP.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Skewer.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Submissive Affliction.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"SUBMISSIVE AFFLICTION (48) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - Add +ATK1 for each negative condition on the target - XP1
BOT: Force one enemy within Range5 to perform ATK2 (Range0) targeting another enemy with you controlling the action."
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Crater.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Hahaha holy poo poo. The past few days I was worried the archers would draw their immobilize card and screw everything up. I didn't realize they'd be juuuuust slow enough that I'd barely outpace them!

Okay yeah, healing myself for 4 and opening the door. Crater will deal 1 damage to any ally standing next to me when I start moving, but I'll probably queue up a heal card for next round, depending on how much damage everything does this round.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Active Players I'm trying to find a way to make this update work, but I think we may have to split this Step B into two:
Part 1) Bullwinkle acts > Rocky acts up until the door is opened
Part 2) Rocky finishes acting > Splinter acts

Unless both Phelddagrif and Slann are planning on inflicting violence on enemies already present in the current room and don't intend to interact with whatever is in the next one - which is probably difficult to know in advance, if you don't know what to expect.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

Active Players I'm trying to find a way to make this update work, but I think we may have to split this Step B into two:
Part 1) Bullwinkle acts > Rocky acts up until the door is opened
Part 2) Rocky finishes acting > Splinter acts

Unless both Phelddagrif and Slann are planning on inflicting violence on enemies already present in the current room and don't intend to interact with whatever is in the next one - which is probably difficult to know in advance, if you don't know what to expect.

Splinter goes before me.

I think we can probably do this update in one go, since I'm the last player to act. After the door opens I intend to move back a hex to B1so both archers take damage.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Man I'm seriously considering the idea that I may have lost some IQ points this past weekend, I was looking at the first screenshot instead of the "Round Reveal" one. Yeah we should be good to go in one take in this case!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

That Italian Guy posted:

Man I'm seriously considering the idea that I may have lost some IQ points this past weekend, I was looking at the first screenshot instead of the "Round Reveal" one. Yeah we should be good to go in one take in this case!

How much did you have to drink?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

How much did you have to drink?

Let's just say that St. Patrick would not be proud of me :iiam:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Gonna take a hit from the city guard, but I'll be long resting in a couple rounds regardless, so it's probably not a huge deal. Just gonna put as much hurt as I can on the two archers and hope Rocky can clean them up with the splash damage from Crater.

Splinter, you might wanna hang off on killing guard 4 in case we have to place another one in the next room. If you want, you could always pop your invis cloak to force that guard to go back to the first room skeletons.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 19, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, that's the plan. Making that guard get out of our hair for the rest of the game is worth popping the cloak, especially because i should be moving fast enough next round too to get far enough away from guard 4 too

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Another option you've got (not saying you should, just that it's a possibility) is to use Submissive Affliction as a basic Move 2, then use the top of Scurry to move to B4 or B5 and attack the guard. This puts you far enough away that guard 1 will move towards the skeletons without you needing to go invisible.

Not sure whether or not that interferes with your plans for next round, just throwing it out there as an option.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, since I'm going at 18 you can get up in their grill and be safe. If you do that, I'd probably move to B4. Moving to B5 will pick you up a coin token, but it also prevents a living corpse from doing their Attack 5 (4+Poison) on the guard later in the round.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm phone posting while moving into a new house so sorry if my orders this turn have wrong coordinates :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hey yo someone in the Save Lowtax thread is offering to register emotes to help fund the forums. Could someone please edit our glorious little "That's Gloomhaven" gif to fit the forums requirements?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hey yo someone in the Save Lowtax thread is offering to register emotes to help fund the forums. Could someone please edit our glorious little "That's Gloomhaven" gif to fit the forums requirements?

I think it already is! It's 90*25pixels and 12k in size. I'm not 100% on the weight, but the pixel size should be correct (I've built it on top of the xcom one).

E: also update is on the way! or it would be if my remote machine was on :v: Update coming later today!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 20, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 4B

- None!

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik)
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR. Gains 1XP. Attacks City Archer 3 for 5 (4base, +1mod, PIERCE1) damage! Attacks City Archer 1(E) for 3 (4base, -1mod, SHIELD1, PIERCE1) damage!
City Archer 3 is killed!
City Archer 1(E) is at 3 HP.
- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (bot)! HEALs Rocky for 2 HP.
Rocky is at 8 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Submissive Affliction (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to D4
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to B4. Attacks City Guard 5(E) for 2 (1base, +1mod +2bonus, SHIELD2) damage!
City Guard 5(E) is at 4 HP

20. Living Bones 1, 5, 7, 9 posted:

- Living Bones 1 focuses City Guard 2! Attacks City Guard 2 for 1 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage. HEALs Self for 2 HP, removes POISON.
City Guard 2 is at 2 HP.
- Living Bones 5 focuses City Guard 6! Attacks City Guard 6 for 0 (1base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage. HEALs Self for 2 HP,, removes POISON.
- Living Bones 7 focuses City Guard 2! Attacks City Guard 2 for 1 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage. HEALs Self for 2 HP.
City Guard 2 is at 1 HP.
- Living Bones 9 focuses City Guard 6! Attacks City Guard 2 for 0 (1base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage. HEALs Self for 2 HP.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! HEALs Self for 4 HP.
Rocky is at 12 HP.
- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Bullwinkle and City Archer 4 suffer 1 damage!
Bullwinkle is at 10 HP.
City Archer 4 is at 4 HP.
Rocky Jumps 3 to door hex! Room revealed!

City Guard 3(E) revealed! Not enough standees for 3 Elite Guards and 2 Normal ones!
City Archer 6(E), 2, 3, 5, revelaed! Not enough standees for 1 Normal Archer!
Living Bones 6, 10 revealed!
Living Corpses 2, 5, 6 revealed!

Rocky Jumps 1 to B1! Consumes EARTH. Gains 2XP. City Archer 1(E) and City Archer 4 suffer 2 damage! LOSS card!
City Archer 1(E) is at 1 HP.
City Archer 4 is at 2 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

Well now. By opening the door fast, our party has avoided 5 Guard spawns, including 3 Elite ones; and one Archer. There were enough standees to spawn all the allies undead instead.

29. City Archer 1(E), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6(E) posted:

- City Archer 1(E) focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to A2. Attacks Rocky for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Rockyis at 11 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Archer 6(E) focuses Living Corpse 2! Attacks Living Corpse 2 with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +0/x2mod) damage.
Living Corpse 2 is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Archer 2 focuses Living Bones 10! Attacks Living Bones 10 for 1 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage.
Living Bones 10 is at 4 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Archer 3 focuses Living Corpse 5! Attacks Living Corpse 5 for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Living Corpse 5 is at 6 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Archer 4 focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to B3. Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Rockyis at 11 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Archer 5 focuses Living Bones 6! Attacks Living Bones 6 for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage.
Living Bones 6 is at 5 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!

Those Archers have a nice little sniper nest inside that...fountain?! What a bunch of bastards. Also, this is going to get tricky sizewise. If it's unreadable let me know and I'll break it down into 2 chunks.

*20. Living Bones 6, 10 posted:

- Living Bones 6 focuses City Archer 2! Loses IMMOBILIZED token. HEALs Self for 2 HP.
- Living Bones 10 focuses City Archer 2! Loses IMMOBILIZED token. HEALs Self for 2 HP.
Living Bones 10 is at 5 HP.

55. City Guard 3(E), 5(E), 1, 2, 4, 6 posted:

- City Guard 3(E) focuses Living Corpse 2! Attacks Living Corpse 2 for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN.
Living Corpse 2 is at 3 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
- City Guard 5(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, NULL) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN.
- City Guard 1 focuses Living Bones 9! Moves 1 to door hex. Gains STRENGTHEN.
- City Guard 2 focuses Living Bones 1! Attacks Living Bones 1 for 3 (2base, +2mod, SHIELD1) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN.
Living Bones 1 is at 2 HP.
- City Guard 4 focuses Master Splinter! Loses STUNNED token.
- City Guard 6 focuses Living Bones 5! Attacks Living Bones 5 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage. Gains STRENGTHEN.
Living Bones 5 is at 3 HP.

71. Living Corpse 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 posted:

- Living Corpse 1 focuses City Guard 5(E)! Attacks City Guard 5(E) for 2 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage.
City Guard 5(E) is at 2 HP and is STRENGTHENED and POISONED!
- Living Corpse 2 focuses City Archer 6(E)! Attacks City Archer 6(E) for 1 (4base, -2mod, SHIELD1) damage. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
City Archer 6(E) is at 5 HP and is POISONED!
- Living Corpse 3 focuses City Guard 5(E)! No valid hexes to move!
- Living Corpse 4 focuses City Guard 5(E)! Moves 1 to B5. Attacks City Guard 5(E) for 4 (4base, +1mod, SHIELD2, POISON) damage.
City Guard 5(E) is killed!
- Living Corpse 5 focuses City Guard 3(E)! Attacks City Guard 3(E) for 2 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
City Guard 3(E) is at 4 HP and is STRENGTHENED and POISONED!
- Living Corpse 6 focuses City Archer 6(E)! Moves 1 to D2. Attacks City Archer 6(E) for 6 (4base, +2mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage.
City Archer 6(E) is killed!

These Zombies mean business.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

This was an...intense update! Hopefully a lot of stuff will start dying soon and I'll be able to preserve my mental health :psyduck:

EDIT: also, to give you an idea of how much stuff the party has managed to avoid, this is what is normally present in the third room (everything with a non-black simbol in the top right corner is present when playing with 3 players - white is normal, yellow is elite, black is "no monster"):

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 20, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

I can either heal both of you guys to full, or if you don't need it, I'll just take a long rest to get my boots back and get ready to work on the new room.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I would be okay with some healing, in case the archers put some hurt on us this round before we can finish them off. My round will involve punching an archer and moving towards the big room.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Man wouldn't it be just awful for those archers in the fountain if, oh I dunno, a big rock monster just ran up and punched the fountain and it exploded?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Elephant Ambush posted:

Man wouldn't it be just awful for those archers in the fountain if, oh I dunno, a big rock monster just ran up and punched the fountain and it exploded?

:allears:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not moving anywhere. Going to try and kill archer 4, and get stealthy for a big nap next turn

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Alrighty then, I'm going late and queueing up a heal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Gloomhaven Square A Round 5A

- Due to the limited amount of time I have to run the update and the size of it (23 NPCs on the board :v:) several errors have been committed, but since they don't affect the players, we'll keep things as they are. The most glaring one: monster placement when revealing rooms is done starting with the creatures closest to the revealing character...so the layout should be slightly different :v:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded7, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 14 with Into the Night and Fearsome Blade.

14. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Slaan) posted:

code:
"INTO THE NIGHT (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1 - Generate DARK
BOT: INVISIBLE self"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand2, Discarded8, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 32 with Warding Strength and Trample.

32. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Reik) posted:

code:
"WARDING STRENGTH (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH2
BOT: Permanent bonus On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand3, Discarded7, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 64 with Nature's Lift and Forceful Storm.

64. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"NATURE'S LIFT (64) [Lvlx]
TOP: HEAL2, Range3, Target2
BOT: Persistent Bonus On your next six ranged Attack actions when AIR is Strong or Waning, Consume AIR to add +2Range - Gain XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger - LOSS"

"FORCEFUL STORM (53) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, AOE (check image) - DISARM - Gain XP1 for each enemy 
targeted - Generate AIR - LOSS 
BOT: Round bonus Add +2ATK to all your melee attacks this round. "
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Trying to figure out if I should set up warding strength this early or just move 2. I feel like at this point our allies will be able to take care of everyone except the two archers by the fountain, so I just want to bum rush for the boss door.

I figure between throwing rocks and exploding rocks Rocky will be able to handle the archers?

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 21, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Most likely. What kind of rest do you plan to do next round?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Most likely. What kind of rest do you plan to do next round?

Was going to do a long rest to get back the boots/armor/shield.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Alrighty, I'll do the same then. Long rests for everyone!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nap time is the most important part of any adventurers day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Actually if Bullwinkle and Splinter are going to be long resting, if you guys finish off the archers, then I may just heal the skeletons in the next room, since you'll heal to full with a long rest anyway.