Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Wow, sorry about my poor decision on Init. If I'd picked to go on 77 I'd be taking no damage and putting a big hurt on the elite oozes. They've pulled just about the worst card I could imagine for my plan this turn.

Given that mistake, I propose the following:
Everyone stay out of ooze attack range this turn. If Splinter kills Vermling 2 from where he is, Vermling 8 will move to F5 and I'll be able to Skewer him after a generic move 2. Rocky should be able to ensure both Vermlings are dead. The oozes will sit and do nothing.

The following turn, I can jump over and murder a regular ooze, or I can drop an Attack 6 (or better) on both elites, depending upon what everyone prefers. If we want the Attack 6 option, I'll need to short rest at the end of the turn, so let me know opinions on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you can split the 4 ooze attacks between Rocky and Bullwinkle 2 and 2, I think the group probably comes out ahead by getting in there this turn. There's a 1/3 chance the oozes split next turn and missing out on that attack 7 battle axe on the elites before a split would be less than ideal.

Rocky could jump to D6 with Clear the Way and Crater the non-elite Oozes, pushing one in to a stun trap to limit it to three attacks.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 28, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

If you can split the 4 ooze attacks between Rocky and Bullwinkle 2 and 2, I think the group probably comes out ahead by getting in there this turn. There's a 1/3 chance the oozes split next turn and missing out on that attack 7 battle axe on the elites before a split would be less than ideal.

Rocky could jump to D6 with Clear the Way and Crater the non-elite Oozes, pushing one in to a stun trap to limit it to three attacks.

If Rocky is willing to do the push, Bullwinkle is willing to take the hits.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
That's probably the best option. The elite Oozes will also be attacking at disadvantage, so it shouldn't be quite as painful.

Backup Ammo is also active, so he can attack two targets.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, that's fair. I'll do that instead of my planned round.

I'm a bit bummed I don't get to pull my planned combo of tearing a chunk out of the ceiling, tossing it into the room, tossing myself after it with the same impact, tossing it again, and racing across the cistern to punch the rock so hard it explodes. It's far from the best move, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the mental image.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm a bit bummed I don't get to pull my planned combo of tearing a chunk out of the ceiling, tossing it into the room, tossing myself after it with the same impact, tossing it again, and racing across the cistern to punch the rock so hard it explodes. It's far from the best move, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the mental image.

And people complain about anime being too anime :allears:

E: I'm loving that image too.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

gently caress optimal play, this owns. I won't judge you and I think you'll still beat the scenario handily. Being cool is just as important as looting treasure chests or whatever. It's a game ; you should have fun.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Abandoned Sewers, Round 14B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

9. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Moves4 to F5. Attacks Vermling Scout 8 for 4 (2base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Vermling Scout 8 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (top)! Attacks Ooze 7(E) for 3 (2base, x2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 7(E) is at 8 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
ICE is now strong.

29. Vermling Scouts posted:

- Vermling Scout 2 focuses Master Splinter! Attacks Master Splinter for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage!
Master Splinter is at 6 HP.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves8 to C4 through door-G5-F5-E4-E3-D4! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Activates Battle Axe! Attacks Ooze 7(E) for 6 (7base, +0mod ,SHIELD1) damage! Attacks Ooze 4(E) for 6 (7base, +0mod ,SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 7(E) is at 2 HP.
Ooze 4(E) is at 5 HP.

:fuckoff:

43. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Clear the Way (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Jumps7 to C5. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH! Gains 1XP. Attacks Ooze 3 for 0 (3base, NULLmod, SHIELD1) damage! Backup Ammunition 3rd trigger (forgot one the round before, +1XP!) Attacks Ooze 1 for 3 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! PUSH2 to B8. Stun Trap triggered in B8!
Ooze 1 is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Chest 63!

The "Random Blue" is a random item Schematic. 2 copies of that Ring have been added to the Market Pool.

66. Oozes posted:

- Ooze 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 1 (4base, -1/+2mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Chainmail SPENT! Heather Shield SPENT!
Bullwinkle is at 12 HP.
- Ooze 7(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 4 (4base, x2/+1mod) damage!. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Iron Helmet turns x2 into +0!
Bullwinkle is at 8 HP.
- Ooze 1 loses STUNNED token.
- Ooze 3 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 2 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage!.
Chainmail SPENT!
Rocky is at 12 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- Rocky's deck is shuffled!
- The Monsters's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I will clean up the scout in the back

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I will glass house some of these slimes. Kind of hoping they'll draw the split card, because we should be more or less golden if so.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I will glass house some of these slimes. Kind of hoping they'll draw the split card, because we should be more or less golden if so.

If you can murder one or more of the elites, I'll eliminate the regular ooze with full hp.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think I can loss card and damage a slime as well

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
With 7 coins on the ground and 5 more about to be made, I might let the regular scout live while running around looting.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

With 7 coins on the ground and 5 more about to be made, I might let the regular scout live while running around looting.

Oh.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Waiting for orders from one player :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sorry! Haven't been feeling well. Give me a minute.

Edit:
Orders in

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 30, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^^^^ Get better! :)

Abandoned Sewers, Round 15A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Perverse Edge.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded3, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 40 with Fatal Advance and Leaping Cleave.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

code:
"FATAL ADVANCE (40) [Lvl2]
TOP: Kill one adjacent normal enemy - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move 4"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded1, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 57 with Heaving Swing and Massive Boulder.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Aha. Ahahaha.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Pretty good shot of killing all the oozes this round. Nice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm waiting for clarification on orders from one player :) I would normally run the update based on what's itt, but I'm not sure what's the intent for our Mindthief at the moment due to this:

:v:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Clarification in

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Abandoned Sewers, Round 15B

- None!

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves3 to C3. Attacks Ooze 7(E) for 3 (1base, +1mod +2bonus, SHIELD1) damage!
Ooze 7(E) is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Ooze 4(E) for 1 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Ooze 4(E) is at 5 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

35. Vermling Scouts posted:

- Vermling Scout 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Jumps3 to D5.

40. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps3 to A6.
- Bullwinkle uses Fatal Advance (top)! Executes Ooze 7(E)! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Ooze 7(E) is killed!
AIR is now strong.
Bullwinkle uses Moon Earring! Refreshes Boots of Striding, Chainmail, and Heather Shield.

57. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (bot)! Round bonus active: Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Activates Eagle-eye Goggles! Attacks Ooze 4(E) with ADVANTAGE for 4 (3base, +1/-1mod, SHIELD1, +1bonus) damage!
Ooze 4(E) is at 1 HP and is STUNNED!
Backup Ammunition last trigger! Attacks Ooze 1 with ADVANTAGE for 5 (3base, +2/+1mod, SHIELD1, +1bonus) damage!
Ooze 1 is killed!
EARTH is now strong.

94. Oozes posted:

- Ooze4(E) loses STUNNED token!

The STUN has actually saved the Ooze :v:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Bullwinkle executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Fatal Advance.
- ICE is now waning.
- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.

Ok, this is basically over since we have a 1HP Ooze, a 2HP Vermling and our party still has plenty of resources, so we're gonna speed things up. Active players,
1) Please discuss how you'd like to split up the loot itt;
2) Since your probably have only 2 attacks left, please let me know who's going to kill the monsters (to gain XP, most likely);
3) Also, send me a list of all the cards you would like to use for XP before the end of the scenario.
And I'll take care of the rest
:)

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
So that's what the last room looks like when it's done well.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Our players (and the thread!) have played this well, but tbf there is a bit of a big RNG swing with Oozes: if they go Round1 split > Round 2 big attacks it's quite painful if at least 1 character is in range.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yeah it was both good play and good RNG. Good job team!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The big issue with Oozes is that they run very hot or very cold.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Bullwinkle played Fatal Advance as a loss and thus can't lose it again to the short rest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Narsham posted:

Bullwinkle played Fatal Advance as a loss and thus can't lose it again to the short rest.

Fair enough! On mobile ATM, but the card to be lost to RNG would be the next one that had been played so I think...Trample?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I’d like to clobber the Ooze and go for the coins near the door, personally.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

Fair enough! On mobile ATM, but the card to be lost to RNG would be the next one that had been played so I think...Trample?

Trample has not been played, so it's Balanced Measure.

I have lots of movement and no loot cards, so I'm inclined to send Bullwinkle back toward the previous room.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for final orders from one player :)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That one player should be ashamed of themselves!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

:ssh:

Abandoned Sewers, Conclusion

- None!

Our players have managed to position themselves so that they can mostly loot the place without a care, as long as they keep the last Vermling alive...the Ooze could kill itself at any time with another split card. I'll do a super cut of their actions and we'll call it a day :) The only mistery is "will the Vermling steal some coins?"

Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (SalTheBard) posted:

Round 16: Ideally I would like to then move to spot F6, short rest to get Scurry back
Round 17: use the loot 2 at the bottom to vacuum up all the gold I can. I would also like to switch augments to mind's weakness that turn if I can as well for the extra XP for changing augment.use the loot 2 at the bottom to vacuum up all the gold I can. I would also like to switch augments to mind's weakness that turn if I can as well for the extra XP for changing augment.
Round X: 2 xp from Empathetic Assault top (pulls a +1) and that will kill the Vermling.

Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

Round 16: Explosive Punch and Avalanche (initiative 28): Hit the ooze with avalanche (pulls a +1 mod), and move onto the coin in B8 or F4, whichever is most handy.
Short rest, rerolling to keep Explosive Punch
Round 17: Explosive Punch and Crater (initiative 28, use Massive Boulder if Crater was lost in the short rest): Move adjacent to the rock (F7 if possible), and punch it explodily.
That is all I want to burn for exp. If there are more rounds, I'll happily shuffle around the nearby coins, or take out the vermling scout if nobody else is doing it.

Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Narsham) posted:

Round 16: Hook and Chain plus boots for move 6 to G6 (leaving the F7 coin for the others)
Round 17: Sweeping Blow/Leaping Cleave for move 3 to B4.
Round 18:: Long Rest, losing Warding Strength and recovering the boots
Round 19:: Leaping Cleave/Sweeping Blow plus boots for Move 5 to F4 and loot that coin.
Round 20:: Hook and Chain (bot)/Trample (top) to move to G1 and loot that coin. Play Trample for 2 XP to loot coin in G1.
Round 21: Long Rest, lose Sweeping Blow
Round 22: Hook and Chain (bot)/Leaping Cleave to move 4 to G5 and loot that coin.Short Rest.
Round 23: Play Trample for 2 XP to loot coin in G6

It is unlikely but not impossible for Bullwinkle to pull all this off, so in the interest of NOT playing out 8 more Rounds :v: we'll limit the lenght of the game to the last Round Master Splinter would be able to pull off a kill on the Vermling Scout using Empathetic Assault. In the best possible case, by doing only Short Rests and never losing Empathetic Assault, Splinter has 5 more Rounds before Exhaustion - Exhausting at the end of the 5th, so I have redacted Bullwinkle's orders for maximum XP/Gold gain. So in the best possible scenario and for my sanity, this is the end result at the end of Round 20:
- Master Splinter: +3coins, +5XP
- Rocky: +1coin, +4XP
- Bullwinkle: +2coind, +2XP
Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

The Vermlings lie dead, their dark blood mixing with the pools of water on the floor. Investigating further, you find no poisons of any kind on the corpses. Is it possible these vermin were not the cause and instead were just living here, away from the eyes of the guard? At the back of the room, large cracks are present in the wall, displaying a passage deeper into the depths. (23) And if you had some way to breathe underwater, (14) (43) you may even be able to enter the cistern and find the source that way. (26)
We've just slaughtered more innocent Vermlings! Diablo1 was lying!

Rewards posted:

New Locations:
- Frozen Hollow (14),
- Deep Ruins (23),
- Ancient Cistern (26),
- Drake Nest (43)
Scenario Rewards
- None!
Victory Rewards
+8 XP each!

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 18.
- Master Splinter: Scrambler: take only Short Rests for this Scenario.SalTheBard has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Rocky:Hunter: kill 1+ Elite enemis during the Scenario.Zulily Zoetrope has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Bullwinkle:Sadist: kill 5+ enemies during the Scenario.Narsham has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 18 are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=2 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +23XP. (New Total 118XP) and +27 gold (New Total 34 gold).
- Rocky:+22XP. (New Total 119XP) and +6 gold (New Total 6 gold).
- Bullwinkle:+18XP. (New Total 121XP) and +18 gold (New Total 22 gold).

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: no progress yet!
- Rocky: no progress! 3/4 (Bandit Commander, Merciless Overseer, Captain of the Guard).
- Bullwinkle: +2 creatures slain! 15/20 (Bandit Archer, Living Bones, Living Corpse, Inox Archer, Inox Shaman, Inox Guard, Vermling Scout, Merciless Overseer, City Archer, City Guard, Captain of the Guard, Cultist, Earth Demon, Giant Viper, Ooze).
Both Rocky and Bullwinkle are close to their respective goals now...
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 3 posted:

We're probably still covered in Vermling bits from the sewers :v: What do we do?

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 18
- City Event outcome, A or B! Please specify who should pay the bill!
- Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
Please do not vote on our next destination or Money Matters yet :)
At this time PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT SCENARIO.

A big thank you to our players, SalTheBard Zulily Zoetrope and Narsham! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to DarthRoblox, Car Hater and MarquiseMindfang to let them know they're up next.)

As always if anyone wants to sign up just let me know itt!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 6, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you TIG. I'm so sorry for the amount of times I was late. Thank you too the rest of the group for being so awesome.

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010
City Event outcome, A Master Splinter should pay the bill - Vermling Solidarity!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
A, have Bullwinkle pay

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you TIG. I'm so sorry for the amount of times I was late. Thank you too the rest of the group for being so awesome.

Thanks for the play. I've never played the Cragheart before; it may well be my next class in my board group if I ever get around to retiring the two characters I'm currently running. :)

Also, A, 4 gold from whoever has the most dosh, 3 from the others.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm down with that suggestion

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Thanks for the play. I've never played the Cragheart before; it may well be my next class in my board group if I ever get around to retiring the two characters I'm currently running. :)

I like the cut of this one's craggy jib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's fun, right? Like the Brute, I've seen it played by multiple people but got my first taste here in the thread.

Thanks to my teammates and to everyone who crowd-sourced Bullwinkle while I was away. I've seen this scenario go well and go very poorly, so I'm glad we managed a case of the former.