Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'll probably not have time to play, but this is a very good and interesting game and I'll be following. :munch:

Tinkerer, Mindthief and Spellweaver, let's see some positioning shenanigans here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Name: Gompers; I can't think of any prominent goats in Pratchett,

Mephistopheles

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

That went way better than I expected.

Same. The first room is a meat grinder, and some Bandit cards can surprise the party and make the room very difficult on turn number one.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

Fair enough, but I had to play through the update and draw from the characters's modifier decks; I'll try to avoid the situation whenever possible.

Split as evenly as possible and then RNG?

Or simply make the players decide on the first turn, as they send you the orders.

EDIT: Oh, update. You're being efficient, only 1HP loss (I think) and 2/3 of the room cleared is pretty good.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 23, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

:agesilaus:Also everyone, please vote for MVPlay for the Scenario! The winner will be able to brag about this glorious achievement for all eternity:agesilaus:

The plucky little bandit archer :v:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I understand the intent of having the session end as soon as the objective is accomplished, but giving incentives to the players to "game" the enemies this way is one of the few problems I have with Gloomhaven. We usually just eyeball the last couple of turns unless it's down to the wire (or a chest, because those are nice surprises).

Not saying that the players shouldn't try to hoover every last coin and milk every last enemy, of course, just general whining about the game and it's mechanics.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

The scenario ends at the end of the round after the objective is achieved. There's nothing in the rules that says we can't milk the last enemy for as much XP and coins as we can.

Yeah, I know.

I'm talking about how the game is designed, not what you three are doing. It's mechanically sound (you want more loot? You have to take risks by leaving enemies around. Also, the other players may be jerks and grab the money first) but it kinda goes against what it's expected of a dungeon crawl (kill the baddies, then get the loot). Personal preference.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Probably up it to +0? Also sign me up for whenever.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well done team!

My vote is for 1) Go back to Gloomhaven, then move to Scenario 2 - Barrow Lair.

Even if you don't have anything to do in town and your calculus says skipping a road event is worth missing a city event, you're denying yourself the flavor text and whatever permanent rewards you might get from either.

Also this.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Piell posted:

1) Buy the Iron Iron Helmet for Bullwinkle
2) Try to save the Vermling, lynching is bad and Master Splinter should save a fellow Vermling.

This.

I expect it will end badly, but we are BIG drat HEROES.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Slaan posted:

I HUNGER to eat berries

You hunger to eat everything (I’m 2000 post behind on Diog’s thread, again)

Eat all the things

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Nice round.

I think I played this a couple of times before realising those were stun traps rather than damage traps. Turn one trap shenanigans are fun, specially with a Scoundrel.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

archduke.iago posted:

Master Splinter, I'm going to be disarming the zombies this turn

Chopping off the arms of a zombie doesn’t work, you have to aim for the head.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

VOTES:

MVP = Rocky for that buffed Dirt Tornado in the doorway that annihilated stuff and tore up the stuff that didn't die. That whole part of the scenario would have been way harder if that hadn't happened.

Bullwinkle's perk = Ignore negative item effects and add a +1

Shopping = Bullwinkle should buy Hide Armor. Rocky should buy Eagle Eye Goggles. It's so good with Backup Ammo!

Sanctuary donation = I vote that Master Splinter donate. There is nothing in the shop that will make any meaningful difference in power level in the near future and enhancements won't be available for a long time so let's try to accelerate to Prosperity 2.

City Event: Help the person! Option A.

All this

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Bullwinkle :ohdear:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

This is usually the point where I go from "no worries, HP is a resource to spend" to :supaburn:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I like how "flavourful" the enemy cards are. For a bunch of numbers with no art, description or fluff, they give each monster a very distinct personality. Other games could learn from it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Phone posting, so I’m jus going to vote this, except get Fatal Advance for the brute, because having the option of erasing annoying high shield enemies, while having a repeatable move 4 bottom is really good.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Got it. Here’s hoping we keep the streak going.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

IIRC doggies are very fast, so that 19 was expected, but still hurts.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

They are good doggos :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

Take your time people, I'm on my way to the airport and I won't be back home before Sunday night :) Have a good weekend everyone!

Have fun.

Thanks you again for doing this, by the way. :)