Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Post your best I'll start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
What will the millenials -x next?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

dylguy90 posted:

Is this Elon's private tunnel?

This was a great thread

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Bogus Adventure posted:

Is this Elon's private tunnel?

Ya

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

loving lmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just posting to say that the Groverhaus thread that got LF closed is one of the funniest things I've ever read

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
first page posting

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUL4VslJykA

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Just posting to say that the Groverhaus thread that got LF closed is one of the funniest things I've ever read

Can I get a summary of groverhaus

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I didn't need that at 2pm you rear end

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The reactions to the tunnel from anyone who knows anything about engineering or construction are great to read.

It truly is Groverhouse 201X.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pharohman777 posted:

The reactions to the tunnel from anyone who knows anything about engineering or construction are great to read.

The tunnel is extremely sick if you liked Sewer Shark when you were a kid

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Nerses IV posted:

SIX , SIX , NINER

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nerses IV posted:

I totally bet elon would add sewerhyperloop shark as a game you could play on the dashboard.

The same dashboard that houses the speedometer and controls everything else.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Uncle Wemus posted:

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/891475977183739905

Also here's the Groverhaus thread that killed LF- still to this day one of the biggest laughs I've ever had in my entire life

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3410173

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 21, 2018

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
:grovertoot:

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Adding "Load-bearing drywall" to the vernacular was great.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 21, 2018

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Uncle Wemus posted:

Do you know of the SAcyclopedia? You’ve been here a while.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

It always kills me seeing the first posts in the old thread hyped up about Grover "The Tool Man" Taylor's masterpiece.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I've skimmed both the thread and the saclopedia and still can't tell why a bunch of people got banned

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

olives black posted:

I've skimmed both the thread and the saclopedia and still can't tell why a bunch of people got banned

The position of SAclopedia curator is a highly political, rarely meritocratic position and it shows in the final product. They've missed their revenue targets for years at this point, and show no signs of changing.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

jokes posted:

The position of SAclopedia curator is a highly political, rarely meritocratic position and it shows in the final product. They've missed their revenue targets for years at this point, and show no signs of changing.

yeah but I skimmed the thread too and still can't see

didn't grover post the original images? doesn't look like an internet detective thing

olives black fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 21, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
felon musk

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

olives black posted:

yeah but I skimmed the thread too and still can't see

didn't grover post the original images? doesn't look like an internet detective thing

poo poo is groverhouse old enough it was all posted on waffleimages? That'd explain why you can't find the images.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

jokes posted:

poo poo is groverhouse old enough it was all posted on waffleimages? That'd explain why you can't find the images.

I just want to know why the mods got banhappy

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Here’s an imgur album:

https://imgur.com/gallery/tI8ys

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

I shsteklk the stoyoryuThat alotttws mnw The coolesent

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Oh fine :mad:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

olives black posted:

Mod Sass was more aggressively punished then, also someone posted an aerial photo of his neighborhood which at the time at least constituted internet detectiving.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Did he ever report back about all the :females: his gaudy bathroom attracted?

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

dylguy90 posted:

I'm uninformed. What's up with the tunnel?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Fabricated posted:

Mod Sass was more aggressively punished then, also someone posted an aerial photo of his neighborhood which at the time at least constituted internet detectiving.

Oh, thank you :)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Backweb posted:

Elon Musk's answer to the question 'how can I avoid seeing the poors when driving across town, while ensuring I die a firey, claustrophobic, expensive death?'

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Backweb posted:

Elon musk accidentally invented subways and/or the O-Bahn. Except with teslas,one person at a time instead of being useful mass transport, and in a much narrower tunnel so you're sure to have no escape should a fire ever break out.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Elon Musk is actually the greatest communist ever. He's figured out a way to make the rich pay to kill themselves. We won't even have to worry about burying the remains, just seal up the tunnel and job done.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Fishstick posted:

Elon musk accidentally invented subways and/or the O-Bahn. Except with teslas,one person at a time instead of being useful mass transport, and in a much narrower tunnel so you're sure to have no escape should a fire ever break out.

Jesus Christ from the picture I just assumed they were showing it off using a car to represent like, a transit engine not that they intended it for literal personal autos hahaha what the gently caress Elon

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
instead of the Boring Company Musk should have called it the Dumb and Stupid and Boring Company

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

13Pandora13 posted:

Jesus Christ from the picture I just assumed they were showing it off using a car to represent like, a transit engine not that they intended it for literal personal autos hahaha what the gently caress Elon

The user experiences are .. less than stellar

quote:

The trip through the tunnel took about two minutes, illuminated by the car’s headlights and a strip of blue neon lights tacked to the ceiling. The Model X rolled on two moulded concrete shelves along the wall, which were so uneven in places that it felt like riding on a dirt road.

quote:

Red lights atop the tunnel suddenly turned green. The Model X jolted forward and we were off. The trip was bumpy at times as we jostled against the tunnel. The narrow space made the low speeds — we travelled mostly at 56km/h — feel faster. It felt like an amusement park ride.

quote:

“This is better than Disneyland,” another reporter says excitedly as we begin to pick up speed. (I have not been to Disneyland, but this seems like a scathing indictment.) Our top speed is 64km per hour, though as we get to the end of the tunnel we slow to 25; the entire trip through the 2km tunnel takes two minutes and change.

The ride is bumpy — there were some “issues with the paving machine not paving smoothly,” Elon Musk, the founder and principal investor, says later at a press conference. “In the future, you can be sure it will be absolutely smooth.”

[...]

It does seem strange, though, that we’re taking this ride in a Model X — because until this evening, there were going to be “autonomous electric skates” that zip passengers around at 120 to 241km per hour. These skates were supposed to carry eight to 16 people in a pod or a single car. Unlike with a more conventional subway, these skates don’t stop between where a person gets on and where they might get off; every skate runs express to one’s final destination.

Anyway, the skates have been canceled. “The car is the skate,” Musk says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Pharohman777 posted:

I wanna know the specifics. Like, I know how retarded presenting a tunnel as being "futuristic" is but what are the ways he has hosed up specifically?