Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, on December 17th, 2018, the Super Best Friends were no more. Due to business and personal disagreements, Matt, Woolie and Pat split up, and the entity once known as the Super Best Friends Zaibatsu became a thing of the past. Many tears were shed, many (one) thread(s) were (was) closed. The Zaibatsu is dead. Long live the Zaibatsu.

However, not all is over. All former members of the SBF are still around and still producing their own content. Let this be a thread for people to talk about whatever weird kaiju tangent Matt goes on, or whatever incredibly stupid poo poo Pat does on stream, and for people that weren't familiar with their solo content to...well, get familiarized with their solo content, I guess?

Matt McMuscles

Matt's new home is the the Matt McMuscles Flophouse.More so than the other guys, he's focused on long-form analysis and reviews of poo poo Matt Likes. Matt is very much interested in 90's and early 00's stuff, plus giant rubbery monsters from the 70's. He loves Godzilla, Predator, Spawn, and lovely horror games, and will mix up highly well-produced retrospectives on his favorite games with LPs of some incredibly stupid garbage. He streams every now and then at https://www.twitch.tv/matthewmcmuscles, but as of right now it seems he'll be doing non-live stuff as his focus.

Patrick "AngriestPat" Boivin

Pat is an angry-rear end 5'1" ginger Canadian that yells a lot and doesn't give a gently caress. He's focusing on streaming after the breakup, either solo or with his girlfriend, PeachSaliva. It's a very loose experience, with Pat playing stuff that he wants to play, getting into 30min long arguments with...well, anyone that's available, and being constantly proven wrong by what we'd like to think is his own Stand, [C R A Z Y T A L K ]. Either that or the Universe itself. He's into grindier games and Western RPGs, but we'll see what he's gonna focus on now that he's streaming solo.

Woolie Madden

Woolie loves fighting games, Kirby, short-haired punchgirls and Reboot. He's had his own personal channel,WoolieVersus, for a while now, a mix of archived stream content, solo LPs and...well...high-quality posts. Woolie's stuff is pretty much a mix between Matt's high-production stuff and Pat's "let's do whatever comes to mind now" approach to content, being closer to the former's in my own opinion. He's also adventured further off the LP territory, picking the brain of the fighting game community and even doing some tabletop stuff. His latest endeavor is a podcast called Woolie Will Figure It Out, about creative endeavors and issues concerning planning and executing them.

And last, but not least...

The Rising Superstar Liam

Liam left the group a while before its breakup, for personal reasons, but he still streams his own content at https://www.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream and archives it here. Liam plays some pretty off-the-beat games, mostly Japanese ones, and his streaming style is very chill, with good chat interaction and light discussion about current gaming news. Unless he's interested in a big release, don't expect him to pick it up, but if you wanna see someone play dumb card games or be very much engaged into things he loves, he's your guy. For spoiler's sake I won't link it here but his reaction to Nier Automata's Ending E is great.

but this is the podcast subforum, all of that poo poo ain't about a podcast!!

Do not worry. The defunct Super Best Friendcast will be replaced by a new podcast, Live From Castle Superbeast, hosted by Pat and Woolie. We still haven't had an episode after the split air, but it should be pretty much the same thing as the old one, minus Matt. So expect long tangents about animes they're watching and people getting hype over fighting game news.

Anyway, please reminisce about better times or talk about the new bullshit these four dickheads are putting out here.

Dias fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also yell at me if I should add stuff to the OP or whatever

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Who got custody over Zubaz?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

He's Yacht Club Games' problem now. That's on them.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
5'1" is generous and you know it, Dias.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Zubaz belongs to the world.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Best Friends... was defeated... but the soul still burns.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Doesn't Zubaz still technically belong to Capcom?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

yes and that's why, crucially, Cameo Man is actually called "The Baz"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean, in the only released official material featuring him, he's just called "Bullfighter".

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Nalesh posted:

Pat's actual height is between him and God.

And one of them will kill the other someday.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Nalesh posted:

I remember when that pic in the OP first appeared, and there was this really detailed effortpost on Reddit or wherever "proving" he's like 3'8".

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Krazyface posted:

I remember when that pic in the OP first appeared, and there was this really detailed effortpost on Reddit or wherever "proving" he's like 3'8".

:allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

Doesn't Zubaz still technically belong to Capcom?

There's also a clothing line called Zubaz too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Woolies Pop Off Reports are some high quality poo poo and I'm bummed he hasn't done more.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Truly, this is the worst it has ever been.

e: I'd probably add some stuff re: recommendations, both from the channel and the boys' solo channels to the OP at some point, but no rush.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 21, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really hope they do some duo content with each other. I just don't like any of the solo stuff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Needs a better title: The Super Best Friends Schism: Eternal rear end Dumping

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

also yell at me if I should add stuff to the OP or whatever
Definitely need a must-watch list of the best friends LPs

I highly recommend ride to hell retribution and metroid fusion as two primers for new folks

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Thanks for saving the day with a new thread. You know people don't cease to exist with their brand, geez. They're still here, doing things, but it's going to be different. Also I'm absolutely shocked each time I see how short Pat is. Every single time I'm taken by surprise again.

e: That's not to say I think less of him because of his height, there's just less of him than I thought there was.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Moment I woke up and saw the other thread locked, I was thinking "He'd better come through :arghfist:"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Real missed opportunity to call the thread the Ultra Mortal enemies thread.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Andrast posted:

I really hope they do some duo content with each other. I just don't like any of the solo stuff.

We can probably count on any Life is Strange getting the Matt and Liam treatment, at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Punisher and until dawn, also must watch LPs

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanx, I was really hoping instead of 4 dead threads there would be one thread for the SBFEU

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
The entirety of the David Cage Saga has been something I've regularly shown people before to get them into SBFP in the past and it's always worked well. Honorable mention to the Shitstorms as well.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

this makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I see it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Parents posted:

this makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I see it

I'm a big fan of this one

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/967900589903437824

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

please do not post Tall Pat, thank you

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The world isn't ready for Long Pat.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Both regular pat and long pat looks wrong.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Quiet Man LP has started, by the way.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
smol pat and tall pat are both very cursed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Hell yeah

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Nalesh posted:

Both regular pat and long pat looks wrong.

They both look like funhouse mirror versions of Pat, but then one is real.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Whomst is doing it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Whomst is doing it?

It's on Liam's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3l9tdWCmuQ

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Matt & Liam, the video's on Liam's channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Can Pat just cut his shins off and become Cotton Hill like his father before him? He's also plenty cranky.