Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«113 »
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ziggy Hero!
Ziggy! Save! Everyone!

Dabir posted:

These are the same people who think Metal Gear is apolitical.

Things are only 'political' if they say things I don't agree with. I am average american male game I play bad game runescape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Things are only 'political' if they say things I don't agree with. I am average american male game I play bad game runescape.

Yeah. When they say apolitical they mean that they want the politics so keyed to them specifically it's like a fish not noticing water. Sadly this is easily disrupted by the delicate among them with massive outrages like 'features a woman' or 'features a black person.'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ziggy Hero!
Ziggy! Save! Everyone!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. When they say apolitical they mean that they want the politics so keyed to them specifically it's like a fish not noticing water. Sadly this is easily disrupted by the delicate among them with massive outrages like 'features a woman' or 'features a black person.'

Or 'saying trans people are humans'

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Tae posted:

There are plenty of people that don't think starship troopers and robo cop are parodies

On this same note, I knew a guy in high school who was inspired to join the Marines after watching Apocalypse Now. I gather that this is not all that uncommon.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

On this same note, I knew a guy in high school who was inspired to join the Marines after watching Apocalypse Now. I gather that this is not all that uncommon.

Sounds like he was eating crayons even before he joined.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Is there a version of the 'wow, cool robot' meme but for the USMC?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Similar to how conservatives in America like to play 'Born in the USA.'

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hearing that two weird nerds are against police brutality is a tiny silver lining at best in these dark times, but it's still nice to hear about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Woolie not being against police brutality would be the weirdest thing I've heard since the guy who ruined his life trying to get a dry cleaner place destroyed after they lost his pants one time.

I mean Graham Lineham level of obsessed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Remember that time he was a huge Uber Stan..... because using Uber was the first time in his life he got consistent transportation.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Remember that time he was a huge Uber Stan..... because using Uber was the first time in his life he got consistent transportation.

Woolie also briefly stanned Elon Musk and was momentarily stoked about Space Force, both times backing down after Muskís entire MO and the absurdity of Space Force were explained in greater detail. It seems like heís vaguely interested in these things but not enough to dig deeper than the surface level that has been astroturfed to poo poo be marketing (especially in Muskís case).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Woolie liking a thing because of very surface level thing is very Woolie, let's be honest

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

I SURVIVED THE AWFUL BLOCK, AGDQ 2018

I don't really blame someone that's not fully understood that there's no such thing as a good capitalist for buying into Musk's "progressive genius" narrative. At first it seems like it's someone pushing for clean energy and exploration, which is exciting and all, it takes some digging to learn he's a piece of poo poo and even more digging to break from the idea that we're not gonna be saved by techno-wizards.

Like, I think most goons have this idea that consuming and digesting as much media and news as we do is normal, and it's really not. You can be a good person who will side with good causes that isn't 100% up-to-date on why everything loving sucks. Even Paige I never thought was a bad person, just way too attached to her lovely friends and way too defensive when put on the spot -- I'm blocked by both her and Pat because someone here started leaking poo poo to her trying to claim I was just trying to find material so we could mock her in the old thread, so...

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Dias posted:

I don't really blame someone that's not fully understood that there's no such thing as a good capitalist for buying into Musk's "progressive genius" narrative. At first it seems like it's someone pushing for clean energy and exploration, which is exciting and all, it takes some digging to learn he's a piece of poo poo and even more digging to break from the idea that we're not gonna be saved by techno-wizards.

Like, I think most goons have this idea that consuming and digesting as much media and news as we do is normal, and it's really not. You can be a good person who will side with good causes that isn't 100% up-to-date on why everything loving sucks. Even Paige I never thought was a bad person, just way too attached to her lovely friends and way too defensive when put on the spot -- I'm blocked by both her and Pat because someone here started leaking poo poo to her trying to claim I was just trying to find material so we could mock her in the old thread, so...

This is very true, although in Muskís case a lot of his shittiness has been gradually percolating into the mainstream consciousness in a way that probably reaches even the folks who arenít all that plugged in.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Giving their kid the name of a cyborg wizard instead of a human child gave a lot of people who didn't know better second thoughts about Musk and Grimes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Yeah Musk is stupid, my point was that cartoonishly evil company Uber got Woolie's early support because it was the first time in his life he could get cabs without racist problems. That's how hosed life is when you're black.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not to downplay the racial angle, but cabs were pretty poo poo even outside of that. Like I've heard endless stories of cabbies trying to pull bullshit like pretending the card machine isn't working, can't make change, taking longer routes, just being general fuckheads.

Like I don't blame anyone for being in favor of uber/rideshares, particularly before common consciousness really started to lean on just how lovely they are.

Roobanguy
May 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/sta...724927685332994

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Clever Betty

hell yes, and also his new avatar is hilarious

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Castle SuperBeast; Come for the insightful discussions on current events, stay for the completely random asides about being augmented with the Teledildonics of the future.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

hell yes, and also his new avatar is hilarious

https://twitter.com/SollidNitrogen/...8060043265?s=20

Also to give credit to the creator & because the name is great too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lol the little red bull missile racks are a good touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

lol the little red bull missile racks are a good touch.

Oh my god I didn't even notice, looking closer, the torso/chassis is supposed to be his gamer cube. You can see the mouse and keyboard.

«113 »