Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, it's amazing the amount of chuds who follow woolie still. The moment he mentions Keyes looks like AOC in the halo 2 remaster (it's kinda scary how much she does) the chat got ugly with some orange man bad type cuddy bullshit, really unfortunate to see that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, it's amazing the amount of chuds who follow woolie still. The moment he mentions Keyes looks like AOC in the halo 2 remaster (it's kinda scary how much she does) the chat got ugly with some orange man bad type cuddy bullshit, really unfortunate to see that

they arent chuds, theyre just absolute morons

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you use the term "orange man bad" unironically you are very likely a chud

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

I get Pat, because Pat is famous for not liking some things very loudly (except when he doesn't and they get mad) and negativity can attract that sort of thing, but Woolie? That bit makes no sense. Although I do suppose only Matt's made the most effort to distance himself from that type.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

If you use the term "orange man bad" unironically you are very likely a chud

not so. you could just be an absolute moron, the type that frequently posts tired catchphrases in twitch chat

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like that's pretty much in the "ironic racism" territory where it's not really worth trying to create a distinction because they're just parroting a chud phrase.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chuds appear even in the most leftest democratic environment. Easy Allies, a group of incredibly pro-lgbt and blm supporters got disliked-bombed because they saw a thumbnail of a black person, and "are disappointed that they fell for the BLM hoax."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

scary ghost dog posted:

not so. you could just be an absolute moron, the type that frequently posts tired catchphrases in twitch chat

I dunno who you think is watching twitch chat 24/7 if not the most brain broken online people alive and that kind of tilts one direction, politically speaking.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Haven't caught up on TTYD, but Woolie is at or finished the wrestling part, right? meaning he's had more wrestling appearances than Brennan.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

Haven't caught up on TTYD, but Woolie is at or finished the wrestling part, right? meaning he's had more wrestling appearances than Brennan.

lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think the manga is there, but the anime is still just getting to the race wars Puny tree stuff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I haven't heard a peep about Brennan since Brock Lesnar F5'd him out of commentary

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I haven't heard a peep about Brennan since Brock Lesnar F5'd him out of commentary

He's allegedly back in NXT having a dark match every other month. Obviously not anymore since Covid.

The Performance Center can't teach you how to be 6'6, nor can it teach you how to wrestle.

Poor loving guy. Like, there's dirt for sure on poo poo he's done even just a year ago, but to go from handpicked by Booker T and debuting in the indies after less than a year of training, and getting signed to WWE half a year after that... to spending now 4 years in that company and the only thing on his resume being a month on commentary... at least they're paying him to never realize his dreams.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 9, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Performance Center also teaches you how to destroy your knees.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Watching Woolie play Halo and now Halo 2 is like activating some forgotten part of my brain that remembers those first four Halo games are real good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I think the manga is there, but the anime is still just getting to the race wars Puny tree stuff.

at but not finished, he just became champ in the manga

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

He's allegedly back in NXT having a dark match every other month. Obviously not anymore since Covid.

The Performance Center can't teach you how to be 6'6, nor can it teach you how to wrestle.

Poor loving guy. Like, there's dirt for sure on poo poo he's done even just a year ago, but to go from handpicked by Booker T and debuting in the indies after less than a year of training, and getting signed to WWE half a year after that... to spending now 4 years in that company and the only thing on his resume being a month on commentary... at least they're paying him to never realize his dreams.

he got very over for a while on his own and this needs to be punished until he's 35 to learn the pecking order

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wanna say part of the reason he was taken off the air was because Vince saw how tall he was and was like :vince: so they sent him back to NXT/the Performance Center to train more and then Vince probably just forgot about him the moment he was off TV.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he probably existed in a way brock didn't like

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oxyclean posted:

As an anime watcher, Reggie celebrating that he calledthe race warsit was amazing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Watching Woolie play Halo and now Halo 2 is like activating some forgotten part of my brain that remembers those first four Halo games are real good

same, halo 2 rules

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

As an anime watcher, Reggie celebrating that he calledthe race warsit was amazing

Woolie's reaction was great too.

There was a good youtube comment I caught that was like "Reggie on point, the man with both feet in his mouth."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

V really needs to take him back in time through the history of videos that halo kicked off starting with Warthog Jump and then traveling through the Halo.Bungie.Org catalog of classics

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

He should take him into Blood Gulch and show him the tank launching glitch, where you flip the tank upside down, drive a warthog on top of it, then attempt to flip the tank.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just gimme a clip of V showing Woolie the rocket launcher/sword glitch and Woolie's subsequent pop off from seeing an FPS Stinger

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of FPS games, I decided to play Alien Resurrection for the PS1 cause I heard that it was one of the first console games with dual analog FPS aim (though I believe it's not actually the first one, I'd love if someone could shed a light on that).

Turns out that it, like PS1 Quake 2, also has Woolie's preferred control scheme as an option (analog + mouse):

It actually feels kinda alright

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Pat on the podcast suggesting banning kids from participating in evo to keep them away from a place that clearly had an absurd predator problem and Woolie countering with “but kids like fighting games though” was really weird

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Woolie's not wrong - I feel like a lot of the rising stars in the FGC start getting their visibility these days in their late teens, and Woolie just had his usual problems really making himself clear that he staggers into when he's very emotionally connected to the current events. Pat's also not wrong in that the EVO environment compounded with Las loving Vegas to create a distinctly dangerous atmosphere. It's a complex matter to untangle and I think the only thing that was really unfair in that conversation was Woolie thinking Pat was just mining for punchlines.

I don't think people under 18 should be strictly barred from majors, but whatever takes the place of EVO should absolutely not be in Las Vegas.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Reaverbot posted:

Pat on the podcast suggesting banning kids from participating in evo to keep them away from a place that clearly had an absurd predator problem and Woolie countering with “but kids like fighting games though” was really weird

Woolie's right though, the fault is with victimizers, not victims, the former is what has to go, not the latter.

Adding to it, it's not like EVO or any tournament is unique to abuse, it's become an unfortunate fact that a ton of abductions and human trafficking happens at traditional major sports events, but you don't ban kids from that.

"Several weeks leading up to and during the week of the 2017 Super Bowl, a sweep resulted in about 750 arrests related to human trafficking activity."

It's even more grim there, but again the problem is predators, not the people they go after.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 10, 2020

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The problem is when events don't do anything to try and stop it(Gee wonder why re: evo)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Punishing children by taking away their video games because perverts exist doesn't follow. Relocating would help significantly because Pat's right, Vegas is a shithole, but there is also clearly just a reporting problem on every level that I don't know is actually solvable with the organization as it exists.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rody One Half posted:

Punishing children by taking away their video games because perverts exist doesn't follow. Relocating would help significantly because Pat's right, Vegas is a shithole, but there is also clearly just a reporting problem on every level that I don't know is actually solvable with the organization as it exists.

to be fair: do you mean the organization that no longer exists? evo's dead, we're just seeing it twitch

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I know nothing of Evo, Were under-18s going to it unaccompanied? That seems like an obvious first step change to make.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
give all the kids razor-spiked chastity enforcement equipment

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Woolie's right though, the fault is with victimizers, not victims, the former is what has to go, not the latter.

Adding to it, it's not like EVO or any tournament is unique to abuse, it's become an unfortunate fact that a ton of abductions and human trafficking happens at traditional major sports events, but you don't ban kids from that.

"Several weeks leading up to and during the week of the 2017 Super Bowl, a sweep resulted in about 750 arrests related to human trafficking activity."

It's even more grim there, but again the problem is predators, not the people they go after.

The actual solution to this is the poo poo that Woolie has spent years on the podcast worried and crying about : Treating this poo poo like an actual business and 'E-Sports'/Corporate Sponsoring it up. Treating it as a big get together with your buds with open bars and money matches and people just acting like big morons has gotta go. (This isn't to say Esports at large don't also have issues I"m just using it as Woolie has in the past to denote an attempt to professionalize the scene)

I mean the not-poo poo parts of the community might lament some loss of personal character and spirit but apparently that character and spirit was the result or or resulted in the people running the scene/having a high profile in the scene being sexual abusers and pedophiles. Burn it all down, restart.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The actual solution to this is the poo poo that Woolie has spent years on the podcast worried and crying about : Treating this poo poo like an actual business and 'E-Sports'/Corporate Sponsoring it up. Treating it as a big get together with your buds with open bars and money matches and people just acting like big morons has gotta go. (This isn't to say Esports at large don't also have issues I"m just using it as Woolie has in the past to denote an attempt to professionalize the scene)

I mean the not-poo poo parts of the community might lament some loss of personal character and spirit but apparently that character and spirit was the result or or resulted in the people running the scene/having a high profile in the scene being sexual abusers and pedophiles. Burn it all down, restart.

honestly this is just trading the pedophiles who have to scrub their online presence and issue twitlonger apologies after being accused for pedophiles who will financially ruin your entire family with powerful lawyer techniques after being accused

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Scary ghost dog is legit right, the whole thing just needs actual diligence done on protecting people and people promoted to doing things who will actually get rid of the assholes, trying to turn the whole thing into business first would suck rear end, introducing 'corporate' to it if anything would just mean the rapists would soon be suits with times more money, which means they'll just for real never have anything done about them forever because :capitalism:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 10, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Corps Will Save Us From The Pedophiles is a fascinating angle in this world where Epstein Definitely Killed Himself.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Scary ghost dog is legit right, the whole thing just needs actual diligence done on protecting people and people promoted to doing things who will actually get rid of the assholes, trying to turn the whole thing into business first would suck rear end, introducing 'corporate' to it if anything would just mean the rapists would soon be suits with times more money, which means they'll just for real never have anything done about them forever because :capitalism:

The entire history of the scene has proved you're not going to get diligence done with the community that has formed. This isn't "Oh they just gotta change some rules and do better." the whole poo poo is broken top to bottom and needs either to just be burnt down or have am external force to ensure it it actually does something.

This isn't the first time absolutely horrific poo poo has come from the FGC and it won't be the last thing that comes to light.

I'm not talking about literal corporations like I said I'm using it in the way Woolie has which is "Incredibly shift in the entire culture of the community towards something more professional in attitude." Like the classic Capcom statement about Thuggery that's become a joke with the SBFP crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The entire history of the scene has proved you're not going to get diligence done with the community that has formed. This isn't "Oh they just gotta change some rules and do better." the whole poo poo is broken top to bottom and needs either to just be burnt down or have am external force to ensure it it actually does something.

This isn't the first time absolutely horrific poo poo has come from the FGC and it won't be the last thing that comes to light.

I'm not talking about literal corporations like I said I'm using it in the way Woolie has which is "Incredibly shift in the entire culture of the community towards something more professional in attitude." Like the classic Capcom statement about Thuggery that's become a joke with the SBFP crew.

acting more professionally in behavior is typically good but i would always be careful about hiring “professionals” to do anything. in any case, i actually think the community did a pretty good job of dealing with this. i would bet that the amount of abuse going on in the FGC will drop precipitously after this airing out, though im aware it will be impossible to know for sure and even my most optimistic predictions allow for some abuse due to human nature