Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

scary ghost dog posted:

acting more professionally in behavior is typically good but i would always be careful about hiring “professionals” to do anything. in any case, i actually think the community did a pretty good job of dealing with this. i would bet that the amount of abuse going on in the FGC will drop precipitously after this airing out, though im aware it will be impossible to know for sure and even my most optimistic predictions allow for some abuse due to human nature

Infiltration got a self-decided suspension and a welcoming return back to EVO after beating his wife with audio recording of it.

I have no hope in the community learning anything if the same people as always are big figures in it. From all the testimony from just say, Mr. Wizard's poo poo, this was just an open secret of history forever in the inner circle at EVO and most of them aren't getting run out of the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Infiltration got a self-decided suspension and a welcoming return back to EVO after beating his wife with audio recording of it.

I have no hope in the community learning anything if the same people as always are big figures in it. From all the testimony from just say, Mr. Wizard's poo poo, this was just an open secret of history forever in the inner circle at EVO and most of them aren't getting run out of the scene.

fair enough, but lets see how many people attend evo in the future. the fgc is a lot more than just its biggest majors

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rody One Half posted:

The Corps Will Save Us From The Pedophiles is a fascinating angle in this world where Epstein Definitely Killed Himself.

Yeah, this is my take on it, too :/

Like, we are hearing it all spill now because the FGC's clout, resources and organization to sweep things under the rug is loving laughable. Mr Wizard is probably the absolute top and he got kicked out super easy. If EVO and the FGC in general was much more organized, had more sponsors hands in there, then there'd be folks that actually know how to silence voices. Like turning that Smash House into a straight up business.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

this is going to happen anyway once riot releases their fighting game and forces players to sign exclusive deals

i'd also say it would get worse because the first thing riot will do is get rid of open tourneys and focus on making top guys mega-stars

stars can do anything, you know

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDhFQLSZ5s

This is the content we need

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh god that was incredible

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

fantastic

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
PERISH SCREAMING UNDER THE WHEEL OF PROGRESS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmfao

honestly how can woolie, a pure flesh and blood human, hope to compete with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmqh8G4McU&hd=1&t=3977s

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i hope woolie never stops shitposting

god i hope they considered briefly making those hands not deeply jank and decided 'absolutely leave them'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gently caress if it weren't for copyright and youtube's bizarre constant rule changes because Pewdipie did more nazi poo poo that won't be punished because cash, someone would already being doing vtuber stuff with Noi from Dorohedoro by now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This vtuber Fandom is a ticking time bomb out of nowhere suddenly

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Tae posted:

This vtuber Fandom is a ticking time bomb out of nowhere suddenly

“Suddenly” is doing some Herculean heavy lifting in this post.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I meant more for the Castle Superbeast fandom. Like one Korone retweet revealed a secret faction like it was the Outsiders.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The seed was planted with all the Isabelle Doom memes.

Korone simply was the demon-slaying anime dog to reap the harvest. She took the first napkin.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Archenteron posted:

The seed was planted with all the Isabelle Doom memes.

Korone simply was the demon-slaying anime dog to reap the harvest. She took the first napkin.

Which makes it even funnier that the animal crossing/doom thing wasn't a meme at all in japan due to their launch dates being different.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

did you know that peko is from pekoland

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Rody One Half posted:

did you know that peko is from pekoland

did you know that peko has two sets of ears

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nalesh posted:

Which makes it even funnier that the animal crossing/doom thing wasn't a meme at all in japan due to their launch dates being different.

Which is a shame, might have increased our chances of seeing Doomguy in Smash

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tae posted:

I meant more for the Castle Superbeast fandom. Like one Korone retweet revealed a secret faction like it was the Outsiders.

This fandom is packed to the gills with weebs. What did you expect?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shinji2015 posted:

Which is a shame, might have increased our chances of seeing Doomguy in Smash

Increased from squat to squat and a half

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Won't lie, when Woolie started leaning into the passione jokes for the pianta mob there was a small part of me rolling my eyes just a little bit, and then
"So we gotta turn on the boss, to protect the daughter?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie is so loving powerful
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailPerfectWolverineNerfRedBlaster

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Man gently caress Bovril and Vegemite and Marmalade.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Man gently caress Bovril and Vegemite and Marmalade.

what's wrong with marmalade

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Won't lie, when Woolie started leaning into the passione jokes for the pianta mob there was a small part of me rolling my eyes just a little bit, and then
"So we gotta turn on the boss, to protect the daughter?"

I held off for a bit because I like to watch a few in a row so I'm still on 21 and Woolie reacting to Reggie saying 'I'm lucky I never got hooked onto like gatcha or lottery games or draw ticket things' like 'Why did you word it like that, it's a choice. It's not a drug, you can't be addicted to playing those games. It's just a matter of it sucks or you like it' got me over here looking at the screen like Drew Scanlon.

Did he- I mean I didn't watch everything they've ever made so I know he likes fighting games but has he not heard anything about the lootbox poo poo at all? Like, what?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I take it woolie doesn't follow Jim Sterling and hasn't had "loot boxes/gacha are GAMBLING" pounded into his skull repeatedly

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I take it woolie doesn't follow Jim Sterling and hasn't had "loot boxes/gacha are GAMBLING" pounded into his skull repeatedly

Yeah, I guess. I don't remember they were or not but I thought that they did a segment on gaming news even before they split up on the old podcast too so it must've come up a few times in that time.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whats more baffling about it is he cohosts a podcast with pat, who has wasted thousands of dollars on microtransactions for games he doesnt play anymore, and has definitely dedicated multiple podcast segments to discussions of the issue. i specifically remember a conversation about whales that get hooked on it and piss away their whole income

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie literally can't feel desire for lootbox mechanics like pat can't understand his mind goblins

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
watching the anime betrayal on desktop and man, pat turns into a tomato as soon as woolie reveals his traitorous maneuver

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RareAcumen posted:

I held off for a bit because I like to watch a few in a row so I'm still on 21 and Woolie reacting to Reggie saying 'I'm lucky I never got hooked onto like gatcha or lottery games or draw ticket things' like 'Why did you word it like that, it's a choice. It's not a drug, you can't be addicted to playing those games. It's just a matter of it sucks or you like it' got me over here looking at the screen like Drew Scanlon.

Did he- I mean I didn't watch everything they've ever made so I know he likes fighting games but has he not heard anything about the lootbox poo poo at all? Like, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rSXfHKTWY

he know

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Captain Invictus posted:

watching the anime betrayal on desktop and man, pat turns into a tomato as soon as woolie reveals his traitorous maneuver

It was super hilarious and goes on for a bit more than what was in the clip.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Invictus posted:

He tends to do that, yes

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1283830215458914304

Someone's trying to move onto Woolie's terf

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie is proud to announce the hiring of a new employee

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, it's amazing the amount of chuds who follow woolie still. The moment he mentions Keyes looks like AOC in the halo 2 remaster (it's kinda scary how much she does) the chat got ugly with some orange man bad type cuddy bullshit, really unfortunate to see that

Happened again for a second in the last Halo stream too.

That and V being a genuinely unpleasant fedora tipper a few times about "religion" and "religious people" in the stupid classist kind of way.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lil v is a dumbass for sure.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

religion kinda sucks tho

but even then I kinda agree V was being a bit much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

You can say that fundie organizations and the often harmful causes they try and bend people to suck really bad without a doubt and few to any people will care, but he was starting to get into "slack jawed" nonsense, which gets dumber and dumber to say all the time when you have so much stuff like, especially for example with how many of them are present in canada where V and Woolie live, the ample amount of people like very well respected sikh neurosurgeons, scientists, educators and such. The implication that religion is for those nasty unlearned poors and that sort of thing is super gross and so easy to smack down by this point, without even getting to a point of showing how many 'upper class' people also end up being WASP-y fundies and the like who funnel so much of their money toward horrible megachurch speakers and all that.