Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

He also earned the title of World's Most Laughable Centrist despite going hard communist.
Did he have more moralist quotes than communist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Did he have more moralist quotes than communist?

Nah, he literally passed the achievements threshold in the conversation with the deserter. It was pretty funny

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

There's a thread that keeps updating on newly revealed sex pests in streaming and gaming including voice actors and such. And they covered the Game Grumps saga if you'd rather use that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3897556&pagenumber=112&perpage=40&highlight=Danny#post512689835

More I'd rather everyone else did instead of doing it here in a unrelated thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh no

oh no a single page derail

how will you survive

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this thread moves too lightning quick to keep up!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
lmao, I'm watching the latest Disco Elysium vid from Woolie on youtube and it's titled "The Pale?!" and at this point, he thinks that Joyce is a flat earther

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 14, 2021

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Can someone edit Woolie's DE intro graphic so his head is on Kim's body and Reggie is on Raphael Ambrosius Costeau? Cause after this last stream, that seems a lot more fitting.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

lmao, I'm watching the latest Disco Elysium vid from Woolie on youtube and it's titled "The Pale?!" and at this point, he thinks that Joyce is a flat earther

I think he gets it by the end of the video but yeah he went straight into 'latch on to the first thought that enters my head' mode and it was so bad for a few minutes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think woolie understands it.

E: lol woolie does not believe the end of the world is political

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 16, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think woolie understands it.

E: lol woolie does not believe the end of the world is political

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AncientTheseDutchshepherddog-mobile.mp4

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Worst. Apocalypse film. Ever.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

theCalamity posted:

That's the danger of going full-on no spoilers.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

That was funny gif to choose but don't forget that this movie does in fact revolve around the rich getting into these Noah's Arks that they built meanwhile the rest of humanity dies while our main squad tries to sneak in (and survive). Movie has aged horribly as well

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The best world disaster movie will always be The Happening.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Yardbomb posted:

The best world disaster movie will always be The Happening.

What? No.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

What? No.

It's true

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

The REAL Goobusters posted:

That was funny gif to choose but don't forget that this movie does in fact revolve around the rich getting into these Noah's Arks that they built meanwhile the rest of humanity dies while our main squad tries to sneak in (and survive). Movie has aged horribly as well

Hey, I don't see any poor people dying in that clip, just a bunch of cars.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

ApeHawk posted:

What? No.

*scrunched and panicked Wahlberg face*

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

What? No.

"It's plastic..."

God I love that stupid movie.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

SBFC 017: Today is All Your Birthdays

Big Notes:
Gang talks about Link Between Worlds, Rise: SoR, KI,

Woolie destroys Liam for making a Rapelay reference. Based

News is talking about Investing around capcom mobile studio. Note: gently caress the capcom test.

Talks about Sega allowing Atlus to use dormant SEGA IPs and, uh, I don't think that ever happened.

Matt pops off about no new Streets of Rage and well, SoR4 was last year and hosed.

"Nintendo doesn't have dormant IPs" hits differently in 2021, let me tell you.

"Obama made the xbox and xbox makes connect. That gauges your level of physical fitness, so if you go to the doctor and don't pass then you die". AS you can see, Comrade Pat existed as early as 2014. Truly the hero we need.

Guys talking about history of Neversoft and man, what a depressing turn. Activision really does rot everything it touches, especially with the news that the team behind the TH1/2 remake just got folded into loving Blizzard.

Gang talks about about Walking Dead S1 and man, hindsight is a bitch and its' great.

Talking about amazon drones and man, the world was a difference place.

Star Wars talk near the end before Lettertime and A)gently caress Star Wars, B) Woolie gently caress off about parsec meaning and C) gently caress Star Wars.

Gonna keep these once a week since my podcast habits kinda changed, but in time, we will complete the journey together.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Today Woolie and his crew are playing Starcraft 64, for some reason.

https://twitch.tv/woolieversus

e: Reggie loving won a game on accident by attack moving most of his starting workers into Woolie's base, dirt tier highlights.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 19, 2021

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

The best world disaster movie will always be The Happening. Atomic Train.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Well, I guess I have Crazy Talk, because I found out from the SBFP Reddit that Zach from Oneyplays got his show picked up by Adult Swim.

Possibly NSFW announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQuaAHB2W9Q

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Never mind that, Berserk's author is dead.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/berserk_project/status/1395212918040391680

Two weeks ago from an aortic aneurysm apparently.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Never mind that, Berserk's author is dead.

drat, that one really flew under the radar for how much people like the rapehorse manga.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

drat, that one really flew under the radar for how much people like the rapehorse manga.

it was just announced, Japanese media generally doesn't cover deaths right when it happens

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

it was just announced, Japanese media generally doesn't cover deaths right when it happens

Oh! I had no idea. As shameful as it is to admit, I find out about most high profile deaths from the meme thread.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh! I had no idea. As shameful as it is to admit, I find out about most high profile deaths from the meme thread.

Yeah for instance we still don't know who all died in the KyoAni fire and for months people had to just assume from vague staff position descriptions and who stopped updating their social media

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I have discovered more high profile deaths than I care to admit from twitter via the @goku account announcing they’ve heard from King Kai that xxx has passed through the check-station as well as thru that BBC uwu account :kiddo:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

God that sucks insanely bad, I think one time Miura said he had the story framework like laid out for the end, dunno if he meant on paper or in mind, but like even where it stands now is fine too :smith:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 20, 2021

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

And so gutz, casca, and friends lived happily ever after on elf island.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Yardbomb posted:

God that sucks insanely bad, I think one time Miura said he had the story framework like laid out for the end, dunno if he meant on paper or in mind, but like even where it stands now is fine too :smith:

Even if he had it written down, those are some big loving shoes to fill and I do not envy whoever has to fill them.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Roobanguy posted:

And Griffith tripped on a rock and died.

Nalesh posted:

Even if he had it written down, those are some big loving shoes to fill and I do not envy whoever has to fill them.

At best Young Animal would publish a summary of what's left of the story based on any existing notes. They won't, and should not frankly, do a continuation.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 20, 2021

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

Honestly, yeah, let's go with this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

At best Young Animal would publish a summary of what's left of the story based on any existing notes. They won't, and should not frankly, do a continuation.
Should not is up for discussion but I wouldn't assume "won't" so quickly. Studio Gaga was practically made for this eventuality.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Don't know the source but I've been hearing people talk about how he's been training up his assistants for years in case of this eventuality.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gently caress this loving sucks

Pennsylvanian posted:

Well, I guess I have Crazy Talk, because I found out from the SBFP Reddit that Zach from Oneyplays got his show picked up by Adult Swim.

Possibly NSFW announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQuaAHB2W9Q

This is great news, dude deserves it

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

And Griffith tripped on a rock and died.

Couldn't disagree more. The story needs ending. If they have enough material to do it then they should absolutely do it. If there are big gaps then yeah, I don't think anyone should insert their own ideas. It all depends on how much information he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

eh as far as I'm concerned, berserk starts + ends with the golden age stuff establishing the world, everything after that should just have been anime fight of the week stuff with no plot throughline. guts big strong he kill the baddies the end. oh no his tortured soul who cares. there was never going to be a satisfying arc or conclusion which is why it was never made